Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:05:40 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]BitcoinPlus (XBC) / MANDATORY WALLET UPDATE / BIT-ADOPTION!  (Read 169666 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
poornamelessme

Activity: 1204
Merit: 509

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 06:21:25 PM

Yep it doesn't make sense for the devs to abandon now.  Why would they not wait until until MP?  They'd have made more profit that way.

I really wondered about that part too. It didn't make sense, as even scammers would normally wait until the MP pump, then vanish.

But the timing goes well with DCM. Two devs received 22btc, so they may have figured they'd call it a day and pack it in then. There were also several mini-pumps occurring with XBC previously, when XBC moved into the top 10 list for voting. So there was plenty of time for the devs to unload their coins at a much higher price than it is now. It's not necessarily an optimal way to go about it, but I'm sure they made their money.

Now if they wait a few days, and then make a miraculous return, while scooping up dirt cheap coins, they probably could profit a bit more even. I don't think that will happen, but if I put my evil thinking cap on, that would be one way to go.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:28:28 PM

• Everyone cuts their losses and sells their holdings in what is essentially now a dead project. The funds could then be moved into a dedicated BTC wallet and we could use this to pay Mindfox to develop a new coin from the XBC codebase. This would give people a small opportunity to recoup money that has been lost. A small and tight team would be created along the same veins as the excellent Vericoin - ie everyone is accountable by using their real names and everyone has defined roles.

That would be the route I'd go with. I suggested a coin swap earlier, and think people may go for that a bit more (DCM people too). Funding for the new coin could be either from existing team's funds from selling XBC (however meager they may be) + if you convinced Polo to run an ipo under their new ICD rules. These rules state that no funds will go to devs unless they are used for what they say they will, and supposedly they will keep strict bookkeeping.

Of course I expect only a tiny portion of people willing to invest in yet another ipo, but even if it does okay-ish, it should be enough to pay Mindfox. Instead of doing the destroyed coin thing, provide a proportional coin swap with existing holders of XBC + DCM. That way they won't take a total loss. At current prices, anyone selling XBC or DCM is getting killed.

A new coin gets around the issue of locked domains/ftp and the negative connotations with DCM/XBC. Of course all that MP voting would have gone to waste, but a dead coin getting listed probably won't do that great anyway.
jcarl987

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:41:24 PM

Are you seriously suggesting some large holder who bought at 10x - 15x this price sell what he has now?THAT IS OUTRAGEOUS!!

Then what is your non-OUTRAGEOUS suggestion?

da_uno

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:41:34 PM

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9AVjo3qD9DAU2dfeXZyOW10SzQ/edit?pli=1

File: bitcoinplus-1.6.0-win32-setup.exe
Modified: 25. May
Created: 22. May

"Unfortunately, file is infected with virus. Only the owner can download infected files."

I can assure you that this will be a false positive. The date of the modification corresponds with Mindfox's upload to Github. There is 100% definitely NOT a virus in the XBC wallet.

Even if it's a false positive google won't allow the dl.
jammer81

Activity: 25
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 07:47:09 PM

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B9AVjo3qD9DAU2dfeXZyOW10SzQ/edit?pli=1

File: bitcoinplus-1.6.0-win32-setup.exe
Modified: 25. May
Created: 22. May

"Unfortunately, file is infected with virus. Only the owner can download infected files."

I can assure you that this will be a false positive. The date of the modification corresponds with Mindfox's upload to Github. There is 100% definitely NOT a virus in the XBC wallet.

Even if it's a false positive google won't allow the dl.

Temporary Wallet Download - Windows https://db.tt/QQFm5QL2
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:01:15 PM

Any new coin would need to be entirely separate from XBC or DCM as both coins carry enough baggage with them for the fudsters to make life difficult from the start. I know it sounds harsh, but when it comes to investing in crypto, it really is a case of 'buyer beware'. People should NEVER invest what they can't afford to lose. Sure being compensated for bad investments would be nice, but the reality of the situation is that this isn't going to happen.

It'd need to be an entirely new coin. But if there is no coin swap, why would anyone here even care about it? Nobody would care about a new coin made using the same XBC codebase, if they weren't getting something out of it. So whatever is done, it may not be 100% entirely separate from XBC or DCM, as if it is, why would any XBC/DCM person care? The whole point would be to sort of recover what you can from this whole debacle.

People could either:

Sell their XBC at most likely an enormous loss

Or if a new coin was created with a swap in mind, simply swapover coins (ideally have an exchange handle it), with a new team in place. Funding could be done via the team's meager (I guess super meager) holdings, donations and if an ipo is held.

I'm not saying it's a great idea. Just that it's an idea. Not sure what else to even try or suggest.
zmeddy

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:39:46 PM

Pity that hardworking, trustworthy professionals like Mindfox get screwed over.
Lazy opportunists walk away with his pay.
To think that I even send a contribution to the wallet dev fund...
If at some point there will be a compensation fund for Mindfox I will chip in.

The fact that XBCplus and Serious amended so quickly and easily was an early sign, as well as the launch of LTCplus.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:23:57 PM

Neither myself, Jiapetz or Mindfox were involved in DCM and the code that Mindfox created for XBC is open source. Anybody is free to develop their own coin from it. The point I was making is that unless a COMPETENT and NON-ANONYMOUS team is formed with the necessary funds to develop and market a new coin, there's no point even attempting it - hence my suggestion.

Yeah, if you can't gather up a new team, any talk about new coins, swaps, or whatever, is meaningless. But I'm not sure you'd really need a lot of new members really, would you? What did Serious do anyway? If you, Japetz and Mindfox ran your own coin, how many more members would you need? Or is it a situation where nobody remaining wants to be part of a new coin, so you'd need an entirely new team and new coder? I can't say I'd blame anyone for leaving at this point.

And how much is Mindfox owed from his past work, and how much would it require to start a new coin?

If it's a ton, donations or whatever won't really work. If Mindfox wants to take a larger role, the ipo suggestion could in theory work. Again, with a coin swap being part of the deal. People may be willing to donate to Mindfox and/or buy a small amount of ipo coins, if they knew you'd swap their xbc for this new coin. But even then, I wouldn't expect a whole lot.
jiapetz

Activity: 350

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 09:52:17 PM

This is an XBC plus ANN thread.NOT a new coin thread.Unless XBC coins are being swapped for this suggested new coin then stop posting about said "new coin"

Whilst the bold, red text has indeed made me see the error of my ways, I am simply trying to come up with a realistic and workable solution for the people who have lost money here.

If you can suggest a more viable solution that isn't based on phantom economics, then please let me know Smiley

Maybe I should get a big red crayon and spell it out in larger letters..COIN SWAP or GO AWAY

You want the last two dev members to go away?
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:03:16 PM

A coin swap simply wouldn't work because we would want any new coin to be completely separate from XBC/DCM. Jia, Mindfox and myself have all lost a lot of money in one way or another and so the impetus to create a new, better managed coin would be lost if it was essentially just BitcoinPlus 2.0.

This is why I suggested a fund which could be used to create something new. Donators could receive coins based on their donations, but for a variety of reasons a 1:1 swap just wouldn't work. A 'pre-exchange' price would need to be set and coins would need to be allocated based on this.

This is the part I disagree with. I don't see a whole lot of people willing to donate or buy new coins (essentially an ipo), right after losing a ton on XBC ... UNLESS they were also getting a coin swap. I mean, pretend you weren't part of the team, just a regular investor. Why would you want to give donations or be especially interested in paying even more btc, for yet another coin by whomever is remaining from the XBC team?

I think if you go the new coin route, a coin swap has to be included, or some giveaway... or something. It doesn't have to be a 1:1 swap, as if it was, there would be no extra funds at all. A partial swap could work. Otherwise I don't think any XBC people will care at all about this new coin. In my opinion, whatever coin you come up with won't be entirely separate from XBC/DCM regardless, as it'll simply be known as that 'new coin made by ex-XBC members'. Your choice is if you want that new coin to be thought of as yet another way to make money, or as a way to help those who lost money/were scammed.
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:06:48 PM

Maybe I should get a big red crayon and spell it out in larger letters..COIN SWAP or GO AWAY

Okay, as per your wishes, I'll retire from this thread now. However if anybody is interested in what I've said above then please contact me via private message and hopefully we can make some progress without having to deal with little children and their big red crayons. Smiley

Honestly think it's sort of silly to run away from this thread because someone is complaining. Actually I'm sort of amazed the response hasn't been worse. I've seen more fud/trolls/complaining in coin threads where everything was rock solid as far as dev teams go. So this is really nothing so far.
oldnoob

Activity: 157
Merit: 100

Why not?

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 10:28:33 PM

Like I said above, I'm totally willing to devote time and try to come up with viable solutions, however it's got to be a two way thing.

Myself and Jia are the only two devs who haven't disappeared and from what I can gather, we're the only two people that didn't scam people. Therefore, if people can come up with more constructive solutions than 'coin swap or get out' then I'm all ears.

Hence my offer to chat with anyone that messages me privately. At least the way, things can be moved along. Remember, we've all lost money on XBC due to the actions of others.

And egghead123, I'm not spamming about a new coin, I'm simply offering a suggestion as to how people can recoup their losses.

Of course as a holder of XBC from the beginning, you are more than welcome to take things from here.

No coin-swap please. There are no other options then XBC BitcoinPlus. The name, interest, smal number, history, etc etc. XBC till death, Hope thats not soon.

Coinerz Thanks for the good job btw

BitcoinPlus supporter: XBC: B7Df47bCFaNKvRhqnxq3VmZ2t8u7uuoT8p http://www.bitcoinplus.org/
Skatebird
Legendary

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:13:58 PM

Am i the only one who would like to find seriouscoin and put his head under water for couple of minutes ?? lol

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

▄█▄
              █████████
           ███    █    ███
       ████       █       ████
    ███           █           ███
████              █              ████
█████             ███             █████
██   ███         █████         ████  ██
██      ███▓    ██ █ ██     ███      ██
██         ██████  █  ██████         ██
██           █████ █ █████           ██
██          ██   █████   ██          ██
██         ██ ███  █  ███ ██         ██
██        ████     █     ████        ██
██     ███ ███     █     ███ ███     ██
██ ████       ████ █  ███       ████ ██
███              █████              ███
  ███             █             ███
     ████         █         ████
         ███      █      ████
            ████  █   ███
               ███████
                 ▀█▀

TELEGRAM
FACEBOOK
TWITTER
REDDIT

LINKEDIN
INSTAGRAM
GITHUB
BITCOINTALK
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 11:34:52 PM

I am really un happy with the way this has turned out. Why bother with the coin in the first place if you was just going to leave it again SeriousCoin. Being busy is one thing but dropping in for a message now and then is totally reasonable. Anything else is just an excuse. Want me to believe your not even online now lol. No of course not. Finish what you started you was doing good work for a while. Don't blow it now when its in the home stretch.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
poornamelessme

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:36:42 AM

The ironic thing is I am not a troll or fudder.I have been a holder of this coin since the beginning and made many helpful suggestions on the IRC to the XBC community and here we are being told to cut our loses due to devs walking and to add insult to injury being spammed about a new coin by a dev from XBC.You could not make this up in a comedy script because it is neither funny or serious.

Yeah, I don't quite get what the plan supposedly even is. Telling people that this was a risk and they should be prepared to lose their investment probably isn't the best advice. Nor just saying sell at current prices and then donate for a new coin. I don't think a whole lot of people would really want to do that.

But does anyone have any workable ideas on how to salvage the situation?

Without the domain + ftp access, I don't see how XBC can be saved really. Nor should it probably with the negative associations to it. Best case scenario, some sort of short term team is put in place, coin coasts onto MP, and then dies. That assumes MP even takes it. I mean, have they taken coins without a dev team even present for the coin before?

A new coin idea could work, but there is no funding. And the idea of 'donations' from people selling their XBC then funding a new coin seems unlikely to me. Or am I misreading how people feel? It also doesn't really help those who just lost a ton on XBC. If they are going to sell for whatever they can get, they are better off putting that money into an existing coin.

The coin swap/ipo idea is the only thing I could come up with. And even then, it's very iffy and possibly no better than people simply selling for whatever they can get right now. Funding would have to come from somewhere. And unless people were getting coins in a swap, I see little interest in a new coin. Maybe people are confused when I say 'coin swap'... I don't mean a swap to just another version of XBC with a new name. I mean a fully developed coin, with extra features, which is a completely different coin.
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:42:27 AM

Keep going gentlemen, make me chuckle.

coin2.0

Activity: 622
Merit: 251

love coins

View Profile WWW
July 05, 2014, 05:36:50 AM

dead,had sold 750XBC @0.0018BTC Angry
so scarely,just avoid to be penniless . Cool
subSTRATA
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1043

:^)

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 11:57:52 AM

Without the domain + ftp access, I don't see how XBC can be saved really.

If you are genuinely worry about that it means you are retarded. A fucking domain + FTP access are gonne, ohh my God it is The End! No, it is not but it seems impossible
to wake up clueless people this days - and it is becoming worse with every new day. If you really think lack of developers (noob coders actualy) and others who were into
XBC means a coin death I suggest you to just sell all you have and move on. Stop with pathetic yellowpages shits here and elsewhere! XBC do not give a fuck about any of
you just like BTC did not give a fuck about Satoshi and other people who were involved with Bitcoin and then quitted. The only problem here is you brainwashed kids who
are clueless on almost everything and thus assign importance to that which is not important. An influx of mindless idiots here lately is just staggering, go fucking away finaly!

Seriously, go back to making noise about favourite football players, latest singers and actors, retarded YouTube, Facebook and Twitter shits and so on, that is your level.

theres nothing here. message me if you want to put something here.
armin22

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 12:17:06 PM

If you are genuinely worry about that it means you are retarded. A fucking domain + FTP access are gonne, ohh my God it is The End! No, it is not but it seems impossible
to wake up clueless people this days - and it is becoming worse with every new day. If you really think lack of developers (noob coders actualy) and others who were into
XBC means a coin death I suggest you to just sell all you have and move on. Stop with pathetic yellowpages shits here and elsewhere! XBC do not give a fuck about any of
you just like BTC did not give a fuck about Satoshi and other people who were involved with Bitcoin and then quitted. The only problem here is you brainwashed kids who
are clueless on almost everything and thus assign importance to that which is not important. An influx of mindless idiots here lately is just staggering, go fucking away finaly!

Seriously, go back to making noise about favourite football players, latest singers and actors, retarded YouTube, Facebook and Twitter shits and so on, that is your level.

This made me chuckles xD

halinyo
Legendary

Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

The future is bright with DigiByte.

View Profile
July 05, 2014, 01:54:10 PM

Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Well said !
Pages: « 1 ... 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 [98] 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 »
  Print  

Jump to: