Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 10:03:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 87 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] FedoraCoin (TiPS); New style, new services, same unique features  (Read 180997 times)
DarkVenu

Activity: 277
Merit: 250

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:39:06 PM

All shìtcoin go up, but ,Fedora is 100 time better ...no ... wtf.

I just saw on Cryptsy, Tips market is manipulated,WTF...

Tips should be 5 million capitalization, only for the excellent idea behind this coin and features, and a great community ...

So buy that fake wall and let's go !
Remember that Bitcoin is still beta software. Don't put all of your money into BTC!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
WhatDisk

Activity: 153
Merit: 102

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 01:44:12 PM

Much happening with Fedoracoin TIPS ?

Seems like activity moved a bit to reddit. Check the lottery there.
any news?
Fargusson

Activity: 392

Mummy! I've got a domain name now! fargusson.eth

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 02:18:19 PM

Much happening with Fedoracoin TIPS ?

Seems like activity moved a bit to reddit. Check the lottery there.
any news?

About the lottery you mean ?

The draw was delayed but should happen in less than 5 hours. All the infos here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/247n0r/extratime_for_fedoracoin_lottery/
Fargusson

View Profile
April 29, 2014, 08:40:45 PM

All the results for the lottery here !
mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 07:57:40 AM

Congrats to all the lottery winners and for those that generously provided the offerings.

All the results for the lottery here !
Arbitrageur

Activity: 556
Merit: 500

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:49:32 AM

ok so this is the new thread, so I repost my last message:

and they nailed it: the winner is reddcoin

told you some time ago to reduce the total number of coins, only way to push the price up. reddcoin from 2 to 7 in less than 24 hrs, after they reduced the total amount from 110 B to only 30B

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423597.0;topicseen

http://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV_FAQ.pdf

reddcoin was suffering even higher inflation than tips and the price was doomed to fall below 1 satoshi in a month or so. according to my calculation there was a daily offer of about 5.6 btc from mining compared to 4 btc on fedora (170ltc equivalent). losing the btc market (as fedora did long time ago) is really bad cause it relegates the price only to the ltc market, taking away a lots of potential buyers. they knew it and acted. Beyond the total farse of POSV they actually aimed at reducing the total amount of coins (from 110 B to 30B only, currently 21B) and current inflation, the price spiked and for the moment they resurrected the coin from 2-3 satoshi to the low teens.

Some time ago I proposed to do something similar on fedoracoin, 500B coins is just too much, unfortunately there's no way to have a market in btc for fedora given the present amount of coins. at this stage even capping the coins at 250B (currently 233B), would only give a slight chance to resurrect the btc market, limited to a ridicolous price of 1 satoshi (40 litoshi). maybe better than nothing.
kakp

Activity: 62
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:34:21 AM

ok so this is the new thread, so I repost my last message:

and they nailed it: the winner is reddcoin

told you some time ago to reduce the total number of coins, only way to push the price up. reddcoin from 2 to 7 in less than 24 hrs, after they reduced the total amount from 110 B to only 30B

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=423597.0;topicseen

http://www.reddcoin.com/papers/PoSV_FAQ.pdf

reddcoin was suffering even higher inflation than tips and the price was doomed to fall below 1 satoshi in a month or so. according to my calculation there was a daily offer of about 5.6 btc from mining compared to 4 btc on fedora (170ltc equivalent). losing the btc market (as fedora did long time ago) is really bad cause it relegates the price only to the ltc market, taking away a lots of potential buyers. they knew it and acted. Beyond the total farse of POSV they actually aimed at reducing the total amount of coins (from 110 B to 30B only, currently 21B) and current inflation, the price spiked and for the moment they resurrected the coin from 2-3 satoshi to the low teens.

Some time ago I proposed to do something similar on fedoracoin, 500B coins is just too much, unfortunately there's no way to have a market in btc for fedora given the present amount of coins. at this stage even capping the coins at 250B (currently 233B), would only give a slight chance to resurrect the btc market, limited to a ridicolous price of 1 satoshi (40 litoshi). maybe better than nothing.

100 % right !

I'm also saying this for more than a month, Fedoracoin cannot work with that much coin, it's time to face the reality !

Please guys be realistic this coin is going nowhere, there is too much billions, it' can't work unless you have a crazy marketing team and a ton of innovations. Or maybe if you have some serious money to invest in.

Feel free to check some ideas i posted on reddit :

http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/243hvd/7_litoshis_here_we_are_whats_next/
http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/24adwp/meanwhile_reddcoin_did_300_after_announcing_they/
http://www.reddit.com/r/FedoraCoin/comments/23j47g/should_we_force_the_value_of_this_coin_with_a/

Come on, it's not too late but in 2 or 3 weeks it will be.

Nthused
Legendary

Activity: 1554
Merit: 1001

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 11:40:14 AM

YES I Vote for Less coins on the Cap, Let's get the price for TIPS moving, it's been stuck for far too long !
pechak

Activity: 97

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 03:06:30 PM

[Suspicious link removed]j.com/digits/2014/04/29/dark-wallet-for-managing-[Suspicious link removed]ives-this-week/
http://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/news/dark-wallet-alpha-sets-coming-may-day/2014/04/25

Dark wallet for bitcoin will be released tomorrow. It is sharing the 'coin mix' technology as Fedoracoin mixer. I wonder if the release were successful, how can it benefit our coin?
kakp

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 08:57:48 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 09:18:04 PM by kakp

And here we are, a nice 1 Billion dump...

EDIT: well it's actually 2.6 Billions dumped !
haggis

Activity: 984
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:08:15 PM

You need to be listed on the exchange with the highest volumes...and this is currently Mintpal.
qgmurugan007

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:15:03 PM

In the current crypto world, I thnk fedora has too many coins and that is killing this coin.
May be this many coins are needed when crypto becomes mainstream, but not in near future anyway.

A reduction in the number of coins would be a first step towards success.
Fargusson

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 09:59:43 PM
Last edit: April 30, 2014, 10:47:43 PM by Fargusson

IMHO, reducing the number of coins and going to PoS is not the right solution. Not on its own at least.

I mean, PoS is valorizing holders, meaning early adopters or whales, and though it implies a risk of holding back eventual new TiPS fans, and increases the inequality between the biggest and the littlest out there. The idea of volorizing movement is also a good idea but it's a real bot bate, and may reward anyone with two or three wallets making regulars transactions from one to another.

And as you can see looking at the Reddcoin exchange prize, it's a short-term solution. The RDD/BTC exchange rate has already stabilized around 7 satoshis, and will come down eventually
qgmurugan007

Activity: 336

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:10:31 PM

Did NOBL recently do the reduction in their total coins successfully?
POS is good for enabling security, without the need for miners.
Fargusson

View Profile
April 30, 2014, 10:20:51 PM

Want to mine your your TiPS without connecting to a pool ? Without taking your brain off setting a miner ?

Try http://tippingintensifies.com/ !
hercules1600

Activity: 98

Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 02:44:31 AM

Hey all, havn't posted here in a while but figured I'd come stop by.

Looks like the same stuff being talked about though. Guys there are a few problems with implementing a new total coin cap in my opinion.

1. Current holders are holding coins based on a calculation for 500 Billion otal coins. Dropping the total number of coins is a direct manipulation of market value in my opinion. Because it decreases maximum market cap based on current market price, directly manipulating the price to rise - making current holders see wonderful gains but based on literally nothing.

Well I guess that is just it. Directly manipulating the market that way seems scammy and myself in my opinion thats all.

Really, I am super happy with the state of TIPS Fedoracoin.

The community is getting more active daily.
New projects and current projects are progressing far quicker than before.
Many people are implementing services, whether the payment gateway, lotteries, or just making it easier to get TIPS.

Also, take this in for a moment.

The TIPS price is not based on as much speculation as many other coins. Dark coin, I use as example for the "dark market" and all that. When the price of a coin rises based on a future feature being released, the coin is not actually gaining any value.  300% gains in a short time are not to be trusted in my opinion. For the most part price increases like that never end well.

Anyway, shameful plug, check out http://worldof.tips, and let us know how to improve Smiley

Have a good day all, and GO TIPS Smiley

TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first anonymous cryptocurrency ever! join us at:
http://fedoraco.in/
TIPS - ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW
kakp

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 08:33:06 AM

Looks like the same stuff being talked about though. Guys there are a few problems with implementing a new total coin cap in my opinion.

1. Current holders are holding coins based on a calculation for 500 Billion otal coins. Dropping the total number of coins is a direct manipulation of market value in my opinion. Because it decreases maximum market cap based on current market price, directly manipulating the price to rise - making current holders see wonderful gains but based on literally nothing.

Well I guess that is just it. Directly manipulating the market that way seems scammy and myself in my opinion thats all.

Many people are implementing services, whether the payment gateway, lotteries, or just making it easier to get TIPS.

The TIPS price is not based on as much speculation as many other coins. Dark coin, I use as example for the "dark market" and all that. When the price of a coin rises based on a future feature being released, the coin is not actually gaining any value.  300% gains in a short time are not to be trusted in my opinion. For the most part price increases like that never end well.

Anyway, shameful plug, check out http://worldof.tips, and let us know how to improve Smiley

It's great to create new projects and implement services but most of the people don't really care, first they want a coin with a realistic number, not 500B.

Of course it's manipulating the market !! come on who don't understand that ?! welcome to the crypto world...

and of course the price is based on speculation WTF

Right now reducing the number of coins of THE best thing to do if you want to survive at least some months...

I don't understand why you don't want to open your eyes and see the truth.

EDIT: in my opinion a big vote should be made to allow people to choose what's next for fedoracoin, reducing the number of coins or not.
fredeq
Legendary

Activity: 1537
Merit: 1005

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 01:04:39 PM

Maybe think about algo change?

https://whattomine.com - Check what to mine Smiley
hercules1600

Activity: 98

Cryptos are amazing, but Fedoracoin takes the cake

View Profile WWW
May 01, 2014, 03:19:31 PM
Last edit: May 01, 2014, 03:34:51 PM by hercules1600

The TIPS price is not based on as much speculation as many other coins. Dark coin, I use as example for the "dark market" and all that. When the price of a coin rises based on a future feature being released, the coin is not actually gaining any value.  300% gains in a short time are not to be trusted in my opinion. For the most part price increases like that never end well.

It's great to create new projects and implement services but most of the people don't really care, first they want a coin with a realistic number, not 500B.

Of course it's manipulating the market !! come on who don't understand that ?! welcome to the crypto world...

and of course the price is based on speculation WTF

Right now reducing the number of coins of THE best thing to do if you want to survive at least some months...

I don't understand why you don't want to open your eyes and see the truth.

EDIT: in my opinion a big vote should be made to allow people to choose what's next for fedoracoin, reducing the number of coins or not.

If you are in TIPS for the long haul then a 500 billion coin cap makes perfect sense. Obviously a bit of a push but there is over 7 Billion people in the world. That means if even 10% of the entire world held TIPS, they could only ever hold about 700 TIPS.

So when you think of it that way does it make sens to have a cap smaller, never for no coin ever, unless you want another hoarding coin. You have to think of the future not just the present.

Also, .....

That is the entire problem with the crypto community ridiculous crap like that, ya the markets are maniupulated its true, but blatently wanted to manipulate it to increase your gains at the expense of others, seriously money is great and super, but it is because of such greed the world is the way it is anyways, it is that greed that corrupted the current system in place, and now you all want to do the same to the crypto world, when the whole damn point of crypto currency is the change the garbage system in place.

Again though its just my opinion, theres nothing making me correct, just my two TIPS

TiPS (aka FedoraCoin) is the first anonymous cryptocurrency ever! join us at:
http://fedoraco.in/
TIPS - ELws5rL5nFDHBjtp7tneHpQQaaBq5rR7NW
kakp

View Profile
May 01, 2014, 04:23:48 PM

If you are in TIPS for the long haul then a 500 billion coin cap makes perfect sense. Obviously a bit of a push but there is over 7 Billion people in the world. That means if even 10% of the entire world held TIPS, they could only ever hold about 700 TIPS.

So when you think of it that way does it make sens to have a cap smaller, never for no coin ever, unless you want another hoarding coin. You have to think of the future not just the present.

Also, .....

That is the entire problem with the crypto community ridiculous crap like that, ya the markets are maniupulated its true, but blatently wanted to manipulate it to increase your gains at the expense of others, seriously money is great and super, but it is because of such greed the world is the way it is anyways, it is that greed that corrupted the current system in place, and now you all want to do the same to the crypto world, when the whole damn point of crypto currency is the change the garbage system in place.

Again though its just my opinion, theres nothing making me correct, just my two TIPS

WTF are you saying  Shocked Shocked Shocked 10% of the entire world don't even know and will probably never know about bitcoin ! so why a ridiculous 7 litoshis alt coin !?

I don't understand why you don't want to open your eyes and face the reality... anyway one day you will regret it.

I bet 1 btc that without any big change TiPS will be 5 litoshis before june and 2-3 litoshis end of summer, if anyone want to bet with me you are welcome.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 ... 87 »
  Print  

Jump to: