Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 11:59:21 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759171 times)
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:26:12 PM

should be about PRIVACY and not ANON (overused and overhyped buzzword which has a negative stigma attached to it - from a serious business viewpoint - such as being used by criminals for illegal activities)

if privacy option (whiteout) can be implemented without compromising security then it should be a feature of WC
but if it cannot be implemented without compromising security then keep it separate from main coin

if a separate WOC is used, how about some of these ideas:
instead of forcing people to buy WOC with WC - reward people who buy AND keep WC (idea is to keep WC healthy and valued by tying WOC directly to WC instead of creating another competing coin):

WOC distribution could be one time scheduled event (for example 1 month after a new wallet client version is released which supports WOC unlocking)
1. buy WC
2. transfer WC to wallet
3. "unlocks" ability to get WOC at specified date
4. WC has to be in a wallet (either local, or even exchange if its possible to work that out with them)
5. unlock event - calculates WOC amount from actual WC held in the wallet at the time of unlocking (at a rate of 1 WOC for 100 WC)
6. either add the ability to send unlocked WOC directly from WC wallet to a WOC wallet
or create a redeemable code which can be either imported to WOC wallet or used to request WOC through WCF website (automated form: input redeemable code, target WOC address)

or it could be implemented like bonus-stake-mining Smiley

in addition to WC stake also calculate WOC bonus
so people who buy AND keep WC will be rewarded with WOC
additional bonus could include age of held WC, longer people keep WC in their wallets, they get better WOC bonus:
1 month age = 1 WOC for every 100 WC
each additional month adds 10% to bonus
2 months = 2.2 WOC instead of 2 WOC (10% bonus)
3 months = 3.6 WOC instead of 3 WOC (20% bonus)
etc
11 months = 22 WOC instead of 11 WOC (100% bonus)

Thats a unique idea.  I kinda like the idea of current WC holders getting a portion delivered in the wallet.  I think it should account for a small to medium portion of the overall distribution though.  

You are seriously adding merit to my statement of what the WCF is trying to do with the WC. Buy continuing the discussion on WOC and how you are giving only a portion the the WC value to the new coin, thereby diluting the current investment in favor of trying to push out another ALT so you can offer miners more work. Classic manipulation and with that, a healthy exit of not only me, but anyone with half a brain to see what you folks are planning. Push that button, go ahead.

I am not fooled and trust me when I say, my exit will be felt.

I'm not sure we are using the same math.  WOC would be another reason to buy WC, driving up WC value.  His idea of holding for a bonus, in essence, removes them from short term supply and then again, will cause an increase.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Troubled

Activity: 19
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:26:22 PM

should be about PRIVACY and not ANON (overused and overhyped buzzword which has a negative stigma attached to it - from a serious business viewpoint - such as being used by criminals for illegal activities)

if privacy option (whiteout) can be implemented without compromising security then it should be a feature of WC
but if it cannot be implemented without compromising security then keep it separate from main coin

instead of forcing people to buy WOC with WC - reward people who buy AND keep WC (idea is to keep WC healthy and valued by tying WOC directly to WC instead of creating another competing coin):

WOC distribution could be one time scheduled event (for example 1 month after a new wallet client version is released which supports WOC unlocking)
1. buy WC
2. transfer WC to wallet
4. WC has to be in a wallet (either local, or even exchange if its possible to work that out with them)
5. unlock event - calculates WOC amount from actual WC held in the wallet at the time of unlocking (at a rate of 1 WOC for 100 WC)
6. either add the ability to send unlocked WOC directly from WC wallet to a WOC wallet
or create a redeemable code which can be either imported to WOC wallet or used to request WOC through WCF website (automated form: input redeemable code, target WOC address)

additional bonus could include age of held WC, longer people keep WC in their wallets, they get better WOC bonus:
etc

Thats a unique idea.  I kinda like the idea of current WC holders getting a portion delivered in the wallet.  I think it should account for a small to medium portion of the overall distribution though.  

You are seriously adding merit to my statement of what the WCF is trying to do with the WC. Buy continuing the discussion on WOC and how you are giving only a portion the the WC value to the new coin, thereby diluting the current investment in favor of trying to push out another ALT so you can offer miners more work. Classic manipulation and with that, a healthy exit of not only me, but anyone with half a brain to see what you folks are planning. Push that button, go ahead.

LOL!!!! Prometheus has spoken!!!! GO BACK TO YOUR OWN SCAMCOIN BEFORE I EXPOSE EVEN MORE ABOUT WHO YOU REALLY ARE, YOU DAMNED SCAMMER!!!!!!

WhiteCoin is about COMMUNITY! The community is talking and you think you are more important than everyone else!!!!! disgusting!!!
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:28:02 PM

1. buy WC
2. transfer WC to wallet

etc

Thats a unique idea.  I kinda like the idea of current WC holders getting a portion delivered in the wallet.  I think it should account for a small to medium portion of the overall distribution though. 

LOL!!!! Prometheus has spoken!!!! GO BACK TO YOUR OWN SCAMCOIN BEFORE I EXPOSE EVEN MORE ABOUT WHO YOU REALLY ARE, YOU DAMNED SCAMMER!!!!!!

WhiteCoin is about COMMUNITY! The community is talking and you think you are more important than everyone else!!!!! disgusting!!!

My investment keeps this coin alive for the most part.

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
Troubled

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:34:52 PM

1. buy WC
2. transfer WC to wallet

etc

THAT IS A LIE AND YOU KNOW IT!!! YOU ARE A SCAMMER AND A LIAR AND THAT WHY EVERYONE WALK AWAY FROM YOU!!! SOON EVEN MOOSA WILL WALK AWAY!!

YOU ADMIT WHO YOU ARE NOW BECAUSE WE CORNER YOU, BUT TWO DAYS AGO YOU ACCUSE US OF BEING YOU!!! LOLOLOL!!! LOOK AT HIS POST HISTORY!!!

YOU KNOW MATH IS GOOD THAT'S WHY YOU TELL PEOPLE TO SELL, SO YOU CAN BUY THEIR COINS CHEAP!!

YOU MADE MISTAKE WALKING AWAY FROM WC AND YOU KNOW THAT NOW, SO YOU TRY TO COME BACK IN CHEAP.

YOU DUMPED MOST OF YOU COINS AND NOW NO ONE WILL SELL THEM BACK TO YOU CHEAP.... THIS MAKE PROMETHEUS ANGRY AND HE USE ALL FAKE ACCOUNTS TO TRY TO GET HIS WAY.

I WARN YOU ALL ONCE DO NOT LISTEN TO THIS SCAMMER!!!!!

THIS COIN NOT SURVIVE BECAUSE YOUR INVESTEMENT....

IT THRIVES DESPITE IT!!!!
neoxxx

Activity: 351
Merit: 250

Source of knowledge is experience. A.E.

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:44:12 PM

| WhiteCoin PRIVACY features POLL | VOTE NOW! |

WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:50:58 PM

1. buy WC
2. transfer WC to wallet

etc

Thats a unique idea.  I kinda like the idea of current WC holders getting a portion delivered in the wallet.  I think it should account for a small to medium portion of the overall distribution though. 

THAT IS A LIE AND YOU KNOW IT!!! YOU ARE A SCAMMER AND A LIAR AND THAT WHY EVERYONE WALK AWAY FROM YOU!!! SOON EVEN MOOSA WILL WALK AWAY!!

YOU ADMIT WHO YOU ARE NOW BECAUSE WE CORNER YOU, BUT TWO DAYS AGO YOU ACCUSE US OF BEING YOU!!! LOLOLOL!!! LOOK AT HIS POST HISTORY!!!

YOU KNOW MATH IS GOOD THAT'S WHY YOU TELL PEOPLE TO SELL, SO YOU CAN BUY THEIR COINS CHEAP!!

YOU MADE MISTAKE WALKING AWAY FROM WC AND YOU KNOW THAT NOW, SO YOU TRY TO COME BACK IN CHEAP.

YOU DUMPED MOST OF YOU COINS AND NOW NO ONE WILL SELL THEM BACK TO YOU CHEAP.... THIS MAKE PROMETHEUS ANGRY AND HE USE ALL FAKE ACCOUNTS TO TRY TO GET HIS WAY.

[/quo
I honestly don't understand why we are already talking about making another coin when we still haven't fixed the website and updated the wallet  Roll Eyes I think we are getting ahead of ourselves here.

Are you the only person that actually gets it?

Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:52:50 PM

Heres an idea. How about the only way you can mint WOC would be from the POS of holding WC? Essentially replacing the POS reward from WC to WOC. That way it encourages buyers to buy and hold WC so they can get WOC. The maximum amount of WOC could be equivalent to the 2% stake of the total WC (currently 302,655,967) So basically 6,053,119.34  WOC could be minted every year.

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
surfguy72

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:55:24 PM

Heres an idea. How about the only way you can mint WOC would be from the POS of holding WC? Essentially replacing the POS reward from WC to WOC. That way it encourages buyers to buy and hold WC so they can get WOC. The maximum amount of WOC could be equivalent to the 2% stake of the total WC (currently 302,655,967) So basically 6,053,119.34  WOC could be minted every year.

HAHA OWNSKI!!! Thats an awesome suggestion!  Haven't even thought of that one yet.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 04:55:49 PM

I bought my coins around 50-60, so if you can sell me more coins at that price, sure I will buy some more. Not sure why you are going on and on about scam, this I don't understand. I am trying to state the reasons for my concern in having a new coin, as it will dilute the value of my existing investment. You are shouting at my in CAPS and not really making any credible sense. I have a lot invested and don't want to see that  ruined. Think what you want, but I'm just a little upset with the current state of events. Please stop posting to me if you are just going to make false accusations.

surfguy72

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:01:28 PM

yes the only way to get new WOC should be from bonus staking WC
this would be good for supporting and increasing value of WC

Do you think it should be optional? like you can stake WC to gain WC, or you can stake WC to gain WOC... or should it be you have to stake for WOC.  Would this possibly lead to a market cap freeze on WC, and the growth is only through WOC?  This would be another increase to the value of WC if the 2% stake only went to WOC, and WC market cap is now locked.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Troubled

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:05:49 PM

1. buy WC
2. transfer WC to wallet

etc

[/quo
I honestly don't understand why we are already talking about making another coin when we still haven't fixed the website and updated the wallet  Roll Eyes I think we are getting ahead of ourselves here.

Are you the only person that actually gets it?

You are ownski or he is your friend, and you know it!!!

You and he make suggestion now that sound good but technically not possible and that means you're still fudding for cheap coins!!!!!!
surfguy72

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:07:40 PM

You and he make suggestion now that sound good but technically not possible and that means you're still fudding for cheap coins!!!!!!

Please explain why its not technically possible on the above ideas?  The idea of POS staking into another coin.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
Troubled

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:35:29 PM

Please explain why its not technically possible on the above ideas?  The idea of POS staking into another coin.

Because one blockchain won't create another and they know this!!! There trying to play everyone!!!!
surfguy72

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:40:29 PM

Because one blockchain won't create another and they know this!!! There trying to play everyone!!!!

Oh I understand that.  But it seems to me there'd be a way to implement this using a node/wallet of sorts that could communicate with both blockchains.  You're really talking me more into the idea Smiley

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
tevayo

Activity: 620

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:52:53 PM

Ownski Great idea!
I've stated before I'm not for WOC, but I'm open to everything has to hear the views of all.
I must also say something by comments I've read in previous pages:
Anyone calling scammer Mogonzo and DEVs, after the amazing job they have done in recent months, should not belong to this community.
Troubled

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 05:54:37 PM

If it could work that would be great!!!!

Only strange that two hours ago these two say no WOC and threaten dump because no one would buy and hold WC!!! Now they want a WOC so which is it!!!!

I just don't trust prometheus and all his fake accounts!!!!
surfguy72

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:00:25 PM

Only strange that two hours ago these two say no WOC and threaten dump because no one would buy and hold WC!!! Now they want a WOC so which is it!!!!

OK, I can appreciate if you feel ppl are being fake.  I love the "ownski" suggestion though whoever made it Smiley 

There seems to be a misconception out there that through any of this WC will be intentionally devalued or hurt.  Thats the furthest from the truth of any of the plans that have been set forth.  Thats why I really like the POS into WOC idea, its right along the lines of what would provide a positive buy pressure on WC, create the whiteout feature, and be an innovative approach.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:24:09 PM

Sounds like this guys has burned you in the past? Trust me when I say I am not connected to him. Go back and read all my history like I suggested. I got burned on this coin from the start but held, and then almost on silk before I was able to get out. When I question something it means I have a logical concern and want answers. Without answers to those questions, speculation starts to creep in about what is going on behind the curtain. I don't know if you can really understand how it feels when you have so much at stake to lose. If you have only a few coins, it most likely doesn't matter. When I mention dump of coins, I do so because others might want to think about why I am doing so. I would never dump them all because there is always going to be some value for me unless this coin becomes de-listed. That is the biggest fear I have right now and am only hedging my position. Whitecoin as a community will last I am sure, but this is purely investment and that is where my involvement ends. I can bring in long-term investments but only with something that is stable in nature and has a good plan. Not having this coin organized with an official body and no roadmap is I think causing some folks to wonder just how well this is going to go. From what I understand all the devs are coding part-time here as well as other coins. Sounds like the talent base is also getting diluted

I want this coin to do well and thought I have made this clear. Just a little nervous with current operations as the message I am getting sounds no different that a few other communities. Everyone want to work together, but it becomes a big circle. Meh, do what you want,

Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:40:37 PM

OK, I can appreciate if you feel ppl are being fake.  I love the "ownski" suggestion though whoever made it Smiley 

There seems to be a misconception out there that through any of this WC will be intentionally devalued or hurt.  Thats the furthest from the truth of any of the plans that have been set forth.  Thats why I really like the POS into WOC idea, its right along the lines of what would provide a positive buy pressure on WC, create the whiteout feature, and be an innovative approach.

I feel like that approach would satisfy what everyone wants out of Whitecoin.

and to Troubled, this has been my only account. I've been here for years. Don't bash an idea because you don't understand it.

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
Pantalaimon

Activity: 60
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 01, 2014, 06:49:14 PM

The price will never rise if everyone is holding on to their bags, waiting & staking. You can see what is happening with BlackCoin - lots of innovation and news, but everybody is holding on to it expecting huge rise, yet nothing notable happens. It happens with other POS coins too - once it goes POS, people withdraw from exchanges to their own wallets, volume plummets, price follows.

Most of WC holders are in the same boat; waiting for their ROI, many accumulating more while the price is still insanely low; thus more WC moving to bags that won't go anywhere soon. This makes it much harder still to get the price up where it belongs, even with a ton of good news and innovations.

We need to stimulate WC to more buying and selling. Great new coin features to stimulate buying, and (more) places to spend WC for goods/services to stimulate selling/spening. And focus our promotions on that area. Please stop promoting to hold, don't reward staking/holding any more than the stake itself, the real reward should be in buying and selling(spending). I'm not an expert in the field, I don't really have an idea to accomplish this, but for a community coin with lots of ideas, we can get places, right? Apps, games, whatever to throw WCs at.

I'm still no fan of anon (or 'privacy' if you will, same thing diff name), imo it's more (dying) hype than usefulness - and might even bite us in the ass one day. I've followed the discussion for pages about it, but I don't color myself convinced this is the way to go. Maintaining a 'spinoff' coin along with WC seems a hassle, and if it's rewarded by holding WC, I don't see how this will improve the price of WC. And if one takes a blow, the other probably follows. And I don't want to catch myself 'gambling' trading between WC and WOC, risking losing even more than I already did.

my 40 WC (about 2 cents)
Pages: « 1 ... 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 [565] 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 574 575 576 577 578 579 580 581 582 583 584 585 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 603 604 605 606 607 608 609 610 611 612 613 614 615 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: