Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:07:01 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 ... 634 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] (WC) | WhiteCoin | BIG NEWS: Foundation, investors & more ☯ whitecoin.info  (Read 759182 times)
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:30:08 PM

had these planned if I was lucky to get through to the next round, oh well

posting here if anyone likes them

Grin
pooler1122

Activity: 91
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:36:44 PM

+548
mymenace
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1061

Smile

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:37:45 PM

curious to know which logo stands out the most in the background image above out of all of the submissions

Grin
tevayo

Activity: 620
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:39:57 PM

It's a great logo and the colors are perfect, the only problem I see is that the central panel in combination with the W seems to make a person open legs.
Without the central round would have been perfect.
CryptoMan2014

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 04, 2014, 11:55:25 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 12:18:56 AM by CryptoMan2014

It's a great logo and the colors are perfect, the only problem I see is that the central panel in combination with the W seems to make a person open legs.
Without the central round would have been perfect.

Agreed, why the head? the circle in the silver one did change my opinion about it. Just make it W, even without a C with it it looks amazing, another masterpiece. And you need 2 be in the 2nd round if you made it without the head! Damn man, you needed to submit this one earlier
WhiteNotWright

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:33:37 AM

Here was the logo draft I was going to create but never had the time. Key points are the coin circle break out to give illusion of coin spin, the only shadow sides of the W and the W on the coin in the style of head and shoulders. Are done with the fewest lines possible. May still do done the road for the heck of it:

https://i.imgur.com/vFSKg8i.png?1

"Give me fuel, give me FIBRE, give me that which I desire."
https://twitter.com/whitenotwright
brian_nguyen
Legendary

Activity: 1404
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:54:06 AM

This is royal class coin logo  Shocked
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:59:38 AM

I like the second coin best. It that W that is key. I think the other one is good but too busy, Would be nice to see a black dot in the center for the final parting shot to BC ..

Arcainis

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:24:10 AM

Hi everyone!
I have a specific question about the wallet. I just downloaded the latest version of the Wallet, startet it, and now my actual Balance is shown under Stake, and where my Balance should be, there is a random number (which is significantly lower than my actual balance). What happened there? Do I still own my actual balance? Can I transfer it to another wallet?
Any help is very welcome!
Cheers!
WhiteCoinJesus

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 08:31:27 AM

Hi everyone!
I have a specific question about the wallet. I just downloaded the latest version of the Wallet, startet it, and now my actual Balance is shown under Stake, and where my Balance should be, there is a random number (which is significantly lower than my actual balance). What happened there? Do I still own my actual balance? Can I transfer it to another wallet?
Cheers!

That amount is busy staking and once finished staking (not sure how long it takes) you receive your balance back plus the extra from stake..  So you the only one that can receive that balance back so technically yes you own them still via the identifier being your WC address..  Me thinks you can only move them once the staking is done again as your coins are essentially being used to secure the network for that time and validate the block.

I could be wrong tho as I'm not too techno. Smiley
whitecointalk_com

Activity: 27

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 09:05:06 AM

Hi everyone!
Cheers!

That amount is busy staking and once finished staking (not sure how long it takes) you receive your balance back plus the extra from stake..  So you the only one that can receive that balance back so technically yes you own them still via the identifier being your WC address..  Me thinks you can only move them once the staking is done again as your coins are essentially being used to secure the network for that time and validate the block.

I could be wrong tho as I'm not too techno. Smiley

this is right.
confirmation of staking take 500 Blocks. After this time you will see the amount on your balance...
Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 01:40:06 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 02:28:15 PM by Ownski

Thanks to the incredible talent and ongoing dedication of the WhiteCoin Community, we have raised over 300K WhiteCoin in the first voting round alone.

I still think the winner should get a nice chunk of that 300k+  After all, the winner of the competition will have done more than just talk a lot and actually have something to show instead of just "full steam" and "we are doing things" like is usually plastered over this thread by this so called foundation.
Why exactly should the foundation get all the money when others have also put in some hard work too?  In fact why would a foundation actually constantly need money if they are also invested in this coin?  I see many coins who have volunteers and none of them constantly ask for more funds to make promises that so far is just talk.

So far the foundation has created 1 new wallet and has had how much WC thrown at it?  What else besides promises has the WC foundation given so far?

I agree, the winner should get a portion of the Whitecoins donated for their work. The foundation needs funds in order to be able to offer rewards and bounties for content and contributions. They have done a great job being transparent and honest with the community. No needs to jump to conclusions.

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:08:59 PM

Thanks to the incredible talent and ongoing dedication of the WhiteCoin Community, we have raised over 300K WhiteCoin in the first voting round alone.

I still think the winner should get a nice chunk of that 300k+  After all, the winner of the competition will have done more than just talk a lot and actually have something to show instead of just "full steam" and "we are doing things" like is usually plastered over this thread by this so called foundation.
Why exactly should the foundation get all the money when others have also put in some hard work too?  In fact why would a foundation actually constantly need money if they are also invested in this coin?  I see many coins who have volunteers and none of them constantly ask for more funds to make promises that so far is just talk.

So far the foundation has created 1 new wallet and has had how much WC thrown at it?  What else besides promises has the WC foundation given so far?

I agree. The winner should get a portion of the Whitecoins donated for their work. I don't think it requires an explanation.

We are intending to show gratitude to all contest entrants absolutely. That said, I can't really agree with anything else this guy says. We have no pre-mine and a large operation with huge goals. We've actually had 2 new wallets and a great deal more work done than that. We need funding to grow this coin on an ongoing basis.

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
Ownski

Activity: 180

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:26:13 PM

I agree. The winner should get a portion of the Whitecoins donated for their work. I don't think it requires an explanation.

We are intending to show gratitude to all contest entrants absolutely. That said, I can't really agree with anything else this guy says. We have no pre-mine and a large operation with huge goals. We've actually had 2 new wallets and a great deal more work done than that. We need funding to grow this coin on an ongoing basis.

I think my comment came off as agreeing with everything he said. I only agree with the comment regarding the logo winner. The difference between a comma and a period lol. That being said the foundation needs funds in order to be able to offer bounties and rewards for content and contests. So far they have done a great job managing the funds and being transparent with the community. Probably the best I've seen.

Money is the oldest magic trick in the book.
mogonzo

Activity: 182

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:45:38 PM

I think my comment came off as agreeing with everything he said. I only agree with the comment regarding the logo winner. The difference between a comma and a period lol. That being said the foundation needs funds in order to be able to offer bounties and rewards for content and contests. So far they have done a great job managing the funds and being transparent with the community. Probably the best I've seen.

Thanks for the clarification and for the kind words Ownski! That's definitely our aim, we want to set the bar for responsible financial management in crypto. Smiley

President - The WhiteCoin Foundation | contact: chris@whitecoin.info
surfguy72

Activity: 672
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 02:55:45 PM
Last edit: June 05, 2014, 03:08:58 PM by surfguy72

Transparency & Accountability are both definitely WhiteCoin Foundation Values.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
                         ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
                       ▄███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████▄
                     ▄█████▄▄██████████████▄▄█████▄
        ██████  █████████▄████████████████████▄█████
        ██████  ███████▄████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▄████
                      ▄██████▀████████████▀██████▄████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
███████   █████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████
                     █████████████████████████████████
            ██████████▀██████▄████████████▄██████▀████
            ███████████▀████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▄███
                    █████▀████████████████▄▀██████▄
                     ▀█████▀▀██████████████▀██▀██████▄
                       ▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀▀▀
                         ▀▀██████████████████▀▀
                             ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀
QUIFAS                     
                    ███
 █              ███ ███
 █              ███  █
███          █  ███
███         ███  █
███  █      ███  █
    ███  █  ███  █
    ███ ███  █   █
     █   █   █
     █       
malbee

Activity: 237

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:30:32 PM

I sent in a request to Bter to add Whitecoin to their exchange.  If you feel so moved, maybe go over and let them know we are all interested in doing business there. 

WhiteCoin had received some attention from the Chinese market, and Bter seems to cater pretty heavily to that market.  They also have a straight fiat exchange for all their coins from/to CNY. 

I'm not the first one to suggest getting listed on this exchange, but after looking into it....it seems like it could be a big boon for WC.
WhiteNotWright

Fibre Knight

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 05:49:56 PM

If that coin with the Devil Pitch Fork (a.k.a symbol of a "fork" brings back bad crypto memories) wins for WC, I am dumping all my coins. I do not want to be associated with a coin that is evil. This is why I dumped DRK and CINNI lol.

DrxRog

Activity: 79

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:26:34 PM

If that coin with the Devil Pitch Fork (a.k.a symbol of a "fork" brings back bad crypto memories) wins for WC, I am dumping all my coins. I do not want to be associated with a coin that is evil. This is why I dumped DRK and CINNI lol.

symbolism is certainly something that should not be taken lightly,
if a significant part of customer base perceives symbol in a negative way
it shoul not be used, goal is to appeal to the widest possible customer base and alienating a big portion of it is just a poor business choice

for example occult, or evil, like already mentioned pichfork - even though which educated people know originated in greek mytholigy - poseidon's trident, but later became associated with devil
another example would be symbolism associated with nazi germany, swastika-like, like hard black/white crossings

what about a white pitch fork against a black background surely a white pitch fork cant be evil  Grin
WhiteCoinJesus

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 05, 2014, 07:33:49 PM

symbolism is certainly something that should not be taken lightly,
if a significant part of customer base perceives symbol in a negative way
it shoul not be used, goal is to appeal to the widest possible customer base and alienating a big portion of it is just a poor business choice

for example occult, or evil, like already mentioned pichfork - even though which educated people know originated in greek mytholigy - poseidon's trident, but later became associated with devil
another example would be symbolism associated with nazi germany, swastika-like, like hard black/white crossings

TRIDENT: Called "the devil's pitchfork," it has symbolized major gods in various pagan cultures. In India, it is linked to the Hindu "trident-bearer" Shiva, spouse of the skull-bearing goddess Kali.  More recently, this three-sponged spear has been used by Hindu militants in India to intimidate Christians. See article: "India Local Government OK's 'Anti-Christian' Weapons Distribution"

This is a very valid point that was missed in round one of voting. 

Thanks for bringing it up.
Pages: « 1 ... 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 [523] 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 538 539 540 541 542 543 544 545 546 547 548 549 550 551 552 553 554 555 556 557 558 559 560 561 562 563 564 565 566 567 568 569 570 571 572 573 ... 634 »
  Print  

Jump to: