Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 03:33:48 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [PND]Pandacoin | First Hybrid Wallet | 5000% Faster Blockchain Download | Instant Sync  (Read 1358873 times)
mtrycz

Activity: 490
Merit: 250

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 08:48:47 PM

I can relate to the devs' thinking.

Look at it this way:
It's late spring 2014. You have a plan of releasing browser mining in July, a "bank" interface by September and a course on cryptos on November; you state these goals clearly.
Now, there are hundreds of coins, assuming 10% have any competent devs, that's still tens.
As soon as you state those goals, some of the other coins notice those ideas, and implement them. Coin A makes a browser miner, coin B makes bank interface, coin C makes a crytpo course. All by July. Some other coins follow suit shortly.
Now it's July, and you have a browser miner, but other coins have that, some other coins have a bank interface, and some other has made a course.
By September you add a bank interface, and people say "meh, coin B has already had that for months". By November you write a course on cryptos, and people scream about a "ripoff of coin C's course".

Panda has always continued to make news of innovation, and this couldn't be possible without some kind of confidentiality. The end of the road is becoming the cryptocurrency for the masses, so the road is along these lines, I think.

Personally, I hope for the 100k merchants.

PND, the cryptocurrency with a plan
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Namiks

Activity: 292
Merit: 252

I miss when crypto was about decentralisation.

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:44:27 PM

Look at it this way:
It's late spring 2014. You have a plan of releasing browser mining in July, a "bank" interface by September and a course on cryptos on November; you state these goals clearly.
Now, there are hundreds of coins, assuming 10% have any competent devs, that's still tens.
As soon as you state those goals, some of the other coins notice those ideas, and implement them. Coin A makes a browser miner, coin B makes bank interface, coin C makes a crytpo course. All by July. Some other coins follow suit shortly.
Now it's July, and you have a browser miner, but other coins have that, some other coins have a bank interface, and some other has made a course.
By September you add a bank interface, and people say "meh, coin B has already had that for months". By November you write a course on cryptos, and people scream about a "ripoff of coin C's course".

Panda has always continued to make news of innovation, and this couldn't be possible without some kind of confidentiality. The end of the road is becoming the cryptocurrency for the masses, so the road is along these lines, I think.

Well said. We've seen way too many instances of developers stealing/ copying new ideas. The devs have proven themselves in the past and that's enough for me right now.

Crypto was created to liberate the individual. Decentralisation matters.
MilesPorter1

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 09:58:12 PM

The road map is pretty clear in the general aim of creating a Cryptocurrency that is easy to use, easy to obtain, easy to understand and has global mass appeal. That is the first thing you see on the website but its just not set out in a list with dates like you are probably used to because that is the way everyone else does it. I think Pandacoin have already proved that they are not about doing things the way everyone else does it but about innovating within the market, that to me is much more worth my time and investment.
i8

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:04:38 PM

Man, that's pretty cold: "A convenient excuse?!" Not only is that unfair, it's ungrateful too.

ungrateful? is this a business or a charity? by that logic aren't the devs being ungrateful for keeping their investors in the dark despite being at the mercy or us not dumping?

ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ Pandacoin is LOVE! ʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔʕ•͡ᴥ•ʔ
i8

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:13:47 PM

Look at it this way:

You are essentially making a case against the open source movement, against the core of all cryptocurrencies. Here is another way of looking at this.

All the coins that will survive must have a goal, and a road map leading towards it. If all you do is following and copying other's innovations, you won't survive long. The ones with a strong a vision, they already have their hands full, thus even if they want to steal something from us, they won't be able to, because they have to deliver what they have already promised. By the time they come around to copy our stuff, we would've already moved onto the next thing.

It's always better to be open and transparent than to hide cowardly in the dark.

i8

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:19:26 PM

The road map is pretty clear in the general aim of creating a Cryptocurrency that is easy to use, easy to obtain, easy to understand and has global mass appeal. That is the first thing you see on the website but its just not set out in a list with dates like you are probably used to because that is the way everyone else does it. I think Pandacoin have already proved that they are not about doing things the way everyone else does it but about innovating within the market, that to me is much more worth my time and investment.

What a vague bunch of words. Most of them aren't even true. It's got nothing to do with how others do things. Please learn to think for yourself instead of basing the entirety of your value on it's difference against other's actions.

lynn_402

Activity: 462
Merit: 253

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 10:42:22 PM

What a vague bunch of words. Most of them aren't even true. It's got nothing to do with how others do things. Please learn to think for yourself instead of basing the entirety of your value on it's difference against other's actions.

I like Pandacoin, it's a fast PoS coin with a nice community, but I also find it true that the "innovations" which have been made or are being talked about are not really useful and seem to be not much more than ideas to build hype with.

Imho, Pandacoin should remain the simple and functional coin that it is.
MilesPorter1

View Profile
January 20, 2015, 11:05:57 PM

You're the one that came here complaining that Pandacoin don't have a roadmap like everyone else has, you're contradicting yourself. Pandacoin have already made massive leaps and bounds towards creating a Cryptocurrency that has mass appeal so my words are not vague at all.
Pelgoran98

Activity: 328

It'd be nice.

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:21:11 AM

Look at it this way:

Eloquent, powerful, accurate.
Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 12:29:09 AM

Man, that's pretty cold: "A convenient excuse?!" Not only is that unfair, it's ungrateful too.

ungrateful? is this a business or a charity? by that logic aren't the devs being ungrateful for keeping their investors in the dark despite being at the mercy or us not dumping?

We're lucky to have the developers we do. They are batting 1000 since I've become a part of the PND Community. This will be my final response.
flapman1

Activity: 142

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:25:46 AM

I think it is about time the Pandacoin had the "great reveal". There's nothing to worry about from other coins; they're pretty much all dead, dying or obvious scams.  They don't have the organization, funding or community to pull off anything big anymore.  I think Paycoin will have been the final big scam: anyone who goes into a new coin after that would have to a bloody lunatic.  Bitcoin's ongoing demise is flushing the turds down the loo.  New money isn't flowing into crypto anymore; the same BTC is passing from coin to coin loosing value all the time.  Pandacoin has a chance to slip out of that mess and be one of the few surivors when the dust clears.  But to do so the developers need to stir themselves a bit and actually do something.  The past was grand but now is now.  Wallet updates and the like don't count.  There's been no reach out to the real world/general public whatsoever.  Only the usual wankers on Bitcointalk (and it seems a few odd Romanians) have ever even heard of PND.  See how that fellow IconicExpert has put innovation after innovation into dying Bytecent. It doesn't seem to matter as his reputation is radioactive and he's fiddled the mining in his favor but IE has the right idea at least in terms of how to push and grow a business if not the ethics to do so.

What's next on the road map? Do we even have a real road map?
Yeah, the devs have a roadmap, they've always had. It's internal tho. They release just as much as they fell comfortable with.

bdanyo explained most of it back in the days, it's a very competitive market, so there's justified concern that other coins may steal the ideas.

I'm not sure what's next, but I feel that the latest patch went a little overlooked.
PND-Chinese

Activity: 174

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:48:26 AM

I think it is about time the Pandacoin had the "great reveal". There's nothing to worry about from other coins; they're pretty much all dead, dying or obvious scams.  They don't have the organization, funding or community to pull off anything big anymore.  I think Paycoin will have been the final big scam: anyone who goes into a new coin after that would have to a bloody lunatic.  Bitcoin's ongoing demise is flushing the turds down the loo.  New money isn't flowing into crypto anymore; the same BTC is passing from coin to coin loosing value all the time.  Pandacoin has a chance to slip out of that mess and be one of the few surivors when the dust clears.  But to do so the developers need to stir themselves a bit and actually do something.  The past was grand but now is now.  Wallet updates and the like don't count.  There's been no reach out to the real world/general public whatsoever.  Only the usual wankers on Bitcointalk (and it seems a few odd Romanians) have ever even heard of PND.  See how that fellow IconicExpert has put innovation after innovation into dying Bytecent. It doesn't seem to matter as his reputation is radioactive and he's fiddled the mining in his favor but IE has the right idea at least in terms of how to push and grow a business if not the ethics to do so.

What's next on the road map? Do we even have a real road map?
Yeah, the devs have a roadmap, they've always had. It's internal tho. They release just as much as they fell comfortable with.

bdanyo explained most of it back in the days, it's a very competitive market, so there's justified concern that other coins may steal the ideas.

I'm not sure what's next, but I feel that the latest patch went a little overlooked.
Yes, I am tired about that coins too.
For PND!
MaNI

Activity: 275

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 05:16:43 AM

Look at it this way:

You are essentially making a case against the open source movement, against the core of all cryptocurrencies. Here is another way of looking at this.

All the coins that will survive must have a goal, and a road map leading towards it. If all you do is following and copying other's innovations, you won't survive long. The ones with a strong a vision, they already have their hands full, thus even if they want to steal something from us, they won't be able to, because they have to deliver what they have already promised. By the time they come around to copy our stuff, we would've already moved onto the next thing.

It's always better to be open and transparent than to hide cowardly in the dark.

Erm, have you ever even worked on anything open source?
All the open source movement is about is sharing the source of things that have been developed - so that users or other developers can modify and/or contribute to it if they like - it has absolute nothing/zilch/nada to do with roadmaps or sharing future plans, or any of the other stuff you are implying, these are all just things that you have made up, while you may attach them to open source that doesn't mean anyone else does and if you take the time to go visit the webpages (some don't even have webpages) of the thousands of open source projects out there you will quickly see that what you have said is nonsense.

What you have as an argument is basically "all the other coins do it" - and well "all the other coins" are scams/useless so I'm not sure they are a good example to be copying. What you are essentially complaining about is that pandacoin is being run in a more sensible way than other coins and not trying to be a hype factory. These are not sudden terms the developers have had this stance from the start - if you invested you did so already knowing this so expecting them to change their stance for you is an unfair position.
Many open source developers won't even support their code or answer questions about it
i8

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 07:18:56 AM

So basically no one knows what's coming next. Only fanboys circle jerking each other.

Prove me wrong otherwise.

dicksausage

Activity: 220

PND IS LOVE PND IS LIFE

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 08:16:41 AM

So basically no one knows what's coming next. Only fanboys circle jerking each other.

Just chill the fuck out and reach to the right like the rest of us.

PND IS BEST COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LOVE
PND IS ONLY COIN        (´(ェ)`)        PND IS LIFE
Joori

Activity: 192

Just an average guy with an average job!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:03:23 AM

Can I join in? I'm always left out of these things - my wang must be small Sad
cadexn

Activity: 350

Super Smash Bros. Ultimate Available Now!

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 09:59:12 AM

This is like the marketing plan all over again.

you're probably not gonna get it.
i8

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 01:45:44 PM

And you wander why people dump.

My demand for a road map is reasonable, and I don't think I'm alone on this.

It's hard to convince people to join you on a journey, if you can't tell them where you are going or how you are planning on getting there. This is especially hard when not only you need people to join you, and you need them to put up their own money.

When I first joined pnd the road map was clear.

Our goal was to survive and show people that we are not like the other coins.
We did that by first going PoS, then multipool with doge, then we helped out other coins, and eventually new website, new dev team, and everything else we have today.

So where are we going next? And how we planning on getting there?

Pelgoran98

It'd be nice.

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:00:11 PM

It's hard to convince people to join you on a journey, if you can't tell them where you are going or how you are planning on getting there. This is especially hard when not only you need people to join you, and you need them to put up their own money.

We did that by first going PoS, then multipool with doge, then we helped out other coins, and eventually new website, new dev team, and everything else we have today.

I lied. My last response to you was not the final one. Maybe I'm just overly optimistic. But, I am good with how things are unfolding. However, you may have been around PND much longer than I. And, who the fuck am I to judge others? We all have a voice, as it should be. And, it is good to see things get stirred up around here with some lively debate and passion. So in a way, i8, I guess I'm almost apologizing to you.
MilesPorter1

View Profile
January 21, 2015, 02:11:18 PM

I think our goal still is to survive and show people that we are not like the other coins and for that reason we don't need to do things the same way as every other coin. I guess for me it comes down to trust, I have seen hundreds of other roadmaps on hundreds of other coins and it has never given me the desire to join in a circle wank with them. For me that fact that Pandacoin has so far lived up to all the things that you have said is all the trust I need to continue to invest.
Pages: « 1 ... 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 [450] 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 »
  Print  

Jump to: