Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 10:54:56 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
tonyca

Activity: 83
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:11:51 PM

How about you give people that ordered 2, 1.2th miners a 3.2 and people who ordered 1 1.2th a 1.2.th and a 512.. Just a thought......

Well make a suggestion which falls within the suggested options. Again we're trying to keep it simple.

If keep it simple. can you just kindly refund me for my 2 miners to the address 1KS9rRw6uv7mptjEVhBHYMtGKK2QfWVju4 ? thanks.

BTC: 1KS9rRw6uv7mptjEVhBHYMtGKK2QfWVju4
AMT order #645 and #962, where is my refund?
totally amount is US(645#for $ 5155+#962 for $6089)= US$11244

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The network tries to produce one block per 10 minutes. It does this by automatically adjusting how difficult it is to produce blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:13:16 PM

Interesting... found this in Bitmine forum:

<pic snipped to save space>

Notice how much bigger the heat sink is on this.  Also,  the customer claims that the unit blew up because the heat sink fell off.

Apparently those heat sinks are very important.  No wonder both Technobit and Dragon have huge heatsinks on the side of the chip.
can I just cry at the ineptitude there...
Bigger heat sinks good start. Still relying on thermal tape to hod the weight in a most likely vertical orientation. bzzzzt... Could have at least provided a bolt or 2 so gravity doesn't do it's thing when the heat is on. btw, most TT is rated to around 350C (but loses strength long before that) so that got pretty damn hot to be showing damage.

Again, the Technobit pic of their hex miner shows Bergquist Blue thermal gap material encasing the top side of the chips/board area. Also make s very fine gripper of the heatsink once it cures in 12hrs. Bet there is also a bolt or 2 used just to make sure...

Your right, the thermal tape technobit uses is one of the reasons it the heat is dispersed well, but it coincides with its design of having the the top heatsink bolted to the bottom via 2 screws. Technobits boards in general are a pain in the ass because they are laid out for a 92mm fan, basically screwing any change of an after market solution to speed things up. So its again back the cnc guy to fix the problem right. The padding we'll be using is manufactured by Fujipoly, and isn't cheap what so ever, but it seems to cut it as well. Aside from the using the brick of aluminum martin uses which will take a week and half to source, we're looking to other faster options. We can actually use our surplus of heatsinks made for the swiss design, which does work, but we're still figuring out the best option for the top heatsink. And we've been playing around with dynatron stuff which seems to work and if we can buy it in bulk at a cheap price, it could be an option as well.

See the pics below for the dynatron option.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2539

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:16:30 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 11:27:52 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

greases fine for the back side only. Top side should have a gap filler eg Fujipoly's sarcon line or again Berquist Blue to actually embed the chip so ya pull heat from every sq micron of area ya can.

Actuallly, that dynatron setup looks pretty good, only concern would be the fan life, Tip: what kind of bearing used in the fan? Sleeve bearings do not like vertical applications and give like 1/2 or less of 'rated life' when ran vertical. Look for rifled or ball bearings because the last thing folks running farms are going to want to do is replace a heap'o fans every couple k hours (a few months running 24x7).

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
mrpark

Activity: 364

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:16:49 PM

I'd you dint have time to pick up the broken 1.2T miner, you can also refund me in BTC.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:30:00 PM

greases fine for the back side only. Top side should have a gap filler eg Fujipoly's sarcon line or again Berquist Blue to actually embed the chip so ya pull heat from every sq micron of area ya can.

Actuallly, that dynatron setup looks pretty good, only concern would be the fan life, Tip: what kind of bearing used in the fan? Sleeve bearings do not like vertical applications and give like 1/2 or less of 'rated life' when ran vertical. Look for rifled or ball bearing.

That's a ball bearing blower i believe. But the setup is a pricy, like $50 per, and we dont know about the lifespan yet either, we've had it running for a day so we want be a bit more sure than that before we decide to move on 2k dynatron sinks. One thing we've learned from Martins stuff is that if you use it a delivered you can usually get 3-6 months out of it without altering it. Also the board/program are always set to overclock, so under-clocking out of safety would be needed as well.
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:33:29 PM

Option #9 - Buy those of us who have been suffering a single spondoolies at 1.4Th/s cost is only $4,000 (I will have it hosted myself not to complicate things). It is much cheaper, and I have a great contact over there. We win because we get the miner, you win because this will cost you significantly less than $6,000. Maybe they can also get you a deal where the miners are even cheaper than that if you buy in bulk. Just a side note, the deal will not involve me since I don't work for either company. The other $2000 we can figure out later Wink

Honestly, the 96 chips pay back sounds like the best solution.  You get like 2.4 THs of chips and you can go over to technobit to build the solution.   I like that idea.

So AMT,  how about shipping me 96 Coincraft A1 chips as compensation for the $6,000 I paid you?

Yea we're not doing that. The option was 40+10. That's what we can afford to do, period. But we appreciate your creativity carlos. Why dont you send the miner back and we'll fix it, lets go back to that option in your case.

Send me the 50 Coincraft chips and you then I'll send you the miner.  That's the deal.

Don't like it,  then I'll invoke the MPP and demand 96 chips instead.

Ok we'll consider it.

Alright.   When can I expect the chips?   Send me tracking number.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:34:36 PM

Option #9 - Buy those of us who have been suffering a single spondoolies at 1.4Th/s cost is only $4,000 (I will have it hosted myself not to complicate things). It is much cheaper, and I have a great contact over there. We win because we get the miner, you win because this will cost you significantly less than $6,000. Maybe they can also get you a deal where the miners are even cheaper than that if you buy in bulk. Just a side note, the deal will not involve me since I don't work for either company. The other $2000 we can figure out later Wink

Honestly, the 96 chips pay back sounds like the best solution.  You get like 2.4 THs of chips and you can go over to technobit to build the solution.   I like that idea.

So AMT,  how about shipping me 96 Coincraft A1 chips as compensation for the $6,000 I paid you?

Yea we're not doing that. The option was 40+10. That's what we can afford to do, period. But we appreciate your creativity carlos. Why dont you send the miner back and we'll fix it, lets go back to that option in your case.

Send me the 50 Coincraft chips and you then I'll send you the miner.  That's the deal.

Ok we'll consider it.

Consideration takes time.
mrpark

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:39:30 PM

Please consider picking up your FedEx packages while you are at it.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:39:49 PM

Ok we'll consider it.

Consideration takes time.

Delays costs me BTC.   Maybe that's just a foreign concept for you.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
mrpark

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:41:27 PM

AMT is this 1.2T I am sending back just garbage? Can I simply dispose of it if it ships back to me? What the hell man.

NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3626
Merit: 2539

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:42:29 PM
Last edit: May 05, 2014, 11:54:19 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

Actuallly, that dynatron setup looks pretty good, only concern would be the fan life, Tip: what kind of bearing used in the fan? Sleeve bearings do not like vertical applications and give like 1/2 or less of 'rated life' when ran vertical. Look for rifled or ball bearing.

That's a ball bearing blower i believe. But the setup is a pricy, like $50 per, and we dont know about the lifespan yet either, we've had it running for a day so we want be a bit more sure than that before we decide to move on 2k dynatron sinks. One thing we've learned from Martins stuff is that if you use it a delivered you can usually get 3-6 months out of it without altering it. Also the board/program are always set to overclock, so under-clocking out of safety would be needed as well.
Hmm. the only thing I don't see at the dynatron site eg http://www.dynatron-corp.com/en/product_detail_1.aspx?cv=1-4-216&id=94&in=0 is the thermal ratings... As in thermal resistance at least so you can figure out the temps vs power in.

Look at Wakefield for example http://www.wakefield-vette.com/products/forced-convection.aspx complete specs so you can get a handle on chip temps vs sink size vs cfm of air needed instead of just testing what looks good....

Um poking around that Wakefield site, at these power levels you really should look at their liquid cooling ideas http://www.wakefield-vette.com/products/liquid-cooling/liquid-cold-plates.aspx That would allow a very very compact THS-dense processor package and allow moving the radiator/fans(s) to wherever the PSU bank is... Look Koolance or frozen cpu for dripless fluid connectors to use between the boards and cooling loop

Just a thought considering multi-TH miners are multi-kw...

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome! 1FuzzyWc2J8TMqeUQZ8yjE43Rwr7K3cxs9
 -Sole remaining active developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:44:46 PM

Please consider picking up your FedEx packages while you are at it.

Well,  this completely justifies why I don't want to ship my broken miner to them first.

I'll wait till they deliver the 50 coincraft a1 chips before they play games with fedex.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.

████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
drpibb81

Activity: 27
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:52:17 PM

I would like option 1. My order number is 1356. AMT please confirm that you saw this.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:52:47 PM

Hmm. the only thing I don't see at the dynatron site eg http://www.dynatron-corp.com/en/product_detail_1.aspx?cv=1-4-216&id=94&in=0 is the thermal ratings... As in thermal resistance at least so you can figure out the temps vs power in.

Look at Wakefield for example http://www.wakefield-vette.com/products/forced-convection.aspx complete specs so you can get a handle on chip temps vs sink size vs cfm of air needed instead of just testing what looks good....

Um poking around that Wakefield site, at these power levels you really should look at their liquid cooling ideas http://www.wakefield-vette.com/products/liquid-cooling/liquid-cold-plates.aspx That would allow a very very compact THS-dense processor package and allow moving the radiator/fans(s) to wherever the PSU bank is...

Just a thought considering multi-TH miners are multi-kw...

Wakefeild is ok but their processing time is fairly long. We've ordered from aavid and alexandriaindustries which are must faster.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:53:07 PM

I would like option 1. My order number is 1356. AMT please confirm that you saw this.

Confirmed.
mdiggy

Activity: 102

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:53:38 PM

Amt-
I understand that you're trying to keep it simple and I appreciate the honesty. I would however like to ask about the MPP, a reason why I chose to buy from AMT in the first place. I can purchase a 1th machine for now around $3,000. $6,000 was a fair price to pay when I ordered back in January and I understand that. I expected miners almost 2 months ago and did not receive. I have lost money waiting this long and would like some resolution. I understand how hard it is and everything that is going on, I really do. All I ask is for 100% honesty. If there is no MPP like stated, well fine. At least I'd like to know that to help me better decide what I'd like to do with my $12,000 investment.
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
May 05, 2014, 11:55:28 PM

AMT is this 1.2T I am sending back just garbage? Can I simply dispose of it if it ships back to me? What the hell man.

Brian, someone will get there and pick it up, just calm down. That's like the other side of philly, its pretty much an hour drive but we're gonna get it, its not going anywhere and we're gonna take care of it but you gotta calm down about this.
tonyca

Activity: 83

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:03:05 AM

Confirmed.

AMT_Miners,

Did you test those 1.2TH/S miners before you ship? and does 1.2 Miners work stable? consider this you told me supposed ship to me in January, now 4-5 month delay. what's the compensations? I'm pretty sure you know I have earliest order numbers. what is my refund options?

BTC: 1KS9rRw6uv7mptjEVhBHYMtGKK2QfWVju4
AMT order #645 and #962, where is my refund?
totally amount is US(645#for $ 5155+#962 for $6089)= US$11244
mrpark

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:07:52 AM

Brian, someone will get there and pick it up, just calm down. That's like the other side of philly, its pretty much an hour drive but we're gonna get it, its not going anywhere and we're gonna take care of it but you gotta calm down about this.

I am calm, but you were ignoring my posts. It will ship back to me soon if someone doesn't pick it up. Thank you for answering my question. I have been beyond patient in this dealing with this matter.

rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 06, 2014, 12:16:47 AM

==============================

Quote from: drpibb81 on May 05, 2014, 11:52:17 PM

Confirmed.
==================================================

AMT_Miners,

Did you test those 1.2TH/S miners before you ship? and does 1.2 Miners work stable? consider this you told me supposed ship to me in January, now 4-5 month delay. what's the compensations? I'm pretty sure you know I have earliest order numbers. what is my refund options?

Ok quick tip for you and the other guys. They essentially have us by the balls. But rather them squeezing them and ensuring pain they are gently playing with them like you would want from a lady friend.

They've obviously looked at their assets and their money and taken into account what they can do without going out of business. You have to remember that if they go out of business you get nothing, just like wonka told charlie bucket.

They hypotheticals they offered are our choices. If you want a refund it's going to be a scheduled fractional payout over time. That is it. They've posted it twice now. Don't expect any other deal. If they say they are considering it then you should consider it a no as it doesn't fit within the financial realities of the company as it stands.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 [44] 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: