Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 12:14:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
mrpark

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:42:37 AM

@AMT

I understand that you were throwing out some ideas to get a feel for what people might find acceptable, but now the professional approach would be to choose which are most viable, then get out your list and your email machine, and starting at the top (lowest unfulfilled order # ) send out a n emailith a detailed description of options and what each one will entail so you can get back on track and get this show on the road in the fairest possible manner.
I don't think a public forum is the place to book peoples preferences as I know of at least one customer in the upper 600's who doesn't fallow this forum and has not received any kind of response to his 3 non-harassing phone messages, left over the last several months.

if you don't plan on compensating people who have waited the longest with extra hash power at least make them your top #1 priority.

Thanks

This is a fair point. But again the simplest thing would be to just get third party miners as suggested.

FYI good job for all keeping things civil. There are certain people who I will name publicly (clenell) who hate that we are having a civil discussion. He keeps pming me and apparently others about how we are "sucking AMT's dick" Mostly referring to me really. I do happen to think having a civil discussion is necessary to get results. And AMT has been more forthcoming because of it. Hopefully now tho we get actual tangible results from it.
Ditto all around.
As for clenell, considering he is lawyered up already he should ask them about guidance regarding the laws against cyber harassment... A 'difference of opinion' and 'Freedom of Speech' is one thing - continued targeted harassment of people over it is a whole 'nother matter and in most locations is a civil offense. Report him to the Forum Admin at least.

I do my best to keep it civil, but I will admit I start to get upset at the situation here. I don't curse because I know other ways to express myself. I try to be friends and help anyone I can, but there comes breaking point where I can't be a drinking buddy (I don't drink either) when there is an issue of owed money. I understand we are all upset in different ways, some more than others. Let's keep it all positive between ourselves, we have been through the ringer trying to obtain some kind of solution to our problem.

BTC: 1JDjCGtxtxoZ46XgTqUoXBDxNFKwcsEmik

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
You get merit points when someone likes your post enough to give you some. And for every 2 merit points you receive, you can send 1 merit point to someone else!
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Stan-O

Activity: 267

Stan the Man!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:50:01 AM

all of the "we want to make it right" talk, yet, their prices have not gone down, like every other competitor.  maybe $500-1000 on a $6000 rig, where the competition has cut their prices by half or more.

they still have the MPP up, catching more unsuspecting suckers.  if you are trying to do the right thing, take down the MPP page, or start making good on it.  that's what an ethical business would do.

i can understand being in business to make a profit.  that's the point of running a business.  but, there are ethical ways to do business, and there's this mess.  false advertising and price gouging.  

i know people don't have to pay those prices, and if they shop around, they would see the prices are way out of line.  but someone who is trying to remain competitive would lower them by a lot.  who in their right mind would pay $1500 for an 80GH rig with all of the lower cost, better performance options out there?  

the doubt and speculation of being a scam will not go away, until people start actually seeing your business operated in a manner that doesn't scream scam at the top of its lungs.  

it's really very simple.  nobody to blame but yourselves.  posts like this are not pulled out of the asses of random people, because "they are out to get you".  they are based on actual instances of people doing business with AMT, and getting screwed.
opieum2

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 01:58:09 AM

@AMT

I understand that you were throwing out some ideas to get a feel for what people might find acceptable, but now the professional approach would be to choose which are most viable, then get out your list and your email machine, and starting at the top (lowest unfulfilled order # ) send out a n emailith a detailed description of options and what each one will entail so you can get back on track and get this show on the road in the fairest possible manner.
I don't think a public forum is the place to book peoples preferences as I know of at least one customer in the upper 600's who doesn't fallow this forum and has not received any kind of response to his 3 non-harassing phone messages, left over the last several months.

if you don't plan on compensating people who have waited the longest with extra hash power at least make them your top #1 priority.

Thanks

This is a fair point. But again the simplest thing would be to just get third party miners as suggested.

FYI good job for all keeping things civil. There are certain people who I will name publicly (clenell) who hate that we are having a civil discussion. He keeps pming me and apparently others about how we are "sucking AMT's dick" Mostly referring to me really. I do happen to think having a civil discussion is necessary to get results. And AMT has been more forthcoming because of it. Hopefully now tho we get actual tangible results from it.
Ditto all around.
As for clenell, considering he is lawyered up already he should ask them about guidance regarding the laws against cyber harassment... A 'difference of opinion' and 'Freedom of Speech' is one thing - continued targeted harassment of people over it is a whole 'nother matter and in most locations is a civil offense. Report him to the Forum Admin at least.

I do my best to keep it civil, but I will admit I start to get upset at the situation here. I don't curse because I know other ways to express myself. I try to be friends and help anyone I can, but there comes breaking point where I can't be a drinking buddy (I don't drink either) when there is an issue of owed money. I understand we are all upset in different ways, some more than others. Let's keep it all positive between ourselves, we have been through the ringer trying to obtain some kind of solution to our problem.

Pretty much sums up how I feel about it.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
opieum2

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:01:17 AM

all of the "we want to make it right" talk, yet, their prices have not gone down, like every other competitor.  maybe $500-1000 on a $6000 rig, where the competition has cut their prices by half or more.

they still have the MPP up, catching more unsuspecting suckers.  if you are trying to do the right thing, take down the MPP page, or start making good on it.  that's what an ethical business would do.

i can understand being in business to make a profit.  that's the point of running a business.  but, there are ethical ways to do business, and there's this mess.  false advertising and price gouging.  

i know people don't have to pay those prices, and if they shop around, they would see the prices are way out of line.  but someone who is trying to remain competitive would lower them by a lot.  who in their right mind would pay $1500 for an 80GH rig with all of the lower cost, better performance options out there?  

the doubt and speculation of being a scam will not go away, until people start actually seeing your business operated in a manner that doesn't scream scam at the top of its lungs.  

it's really very simple.  nobody to blame but yourselves.  posts like this are not pulled out of the asses of random people, because "they are out to get you".  they are based on actual instances of people doing business with AMT, and getting screwed.

Great we have no one to blame but ourselves. Sage advice.....yes what they are doing with their website to lure people is just going to cause them more problems. On a federal level. That much is certain if the current situation isn't corrected. That isnt a threat...just the reality of how things hare unfolding. BUT if they indeed are getting us hardware working hardware, then we might be able to all put this to bed. I think everyone just wants this to end. BUT like Mrpark said. There is a breaking point, and AMT has not given us very many concrete answers to various questions.

mrpark

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:28:35 AM

350+ pages, 6 months and still no working miners.

AMT_miners (OP)

Activity: 392

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:45:57 AM
Last edit: May 07, 2014, 03:08:07 AM by AMT_miners

@AMT

I understand that you were throwing out some ideas to get a feel for what people might find acceptable, but now the professional approach would be to choose which are most viable, then get out your list and your email machine, and starting at the top (lowest unfulfilled order # ) send out a n email with a detailed description of options and what each one will entail so you can get back on track and get this show on the road in the fairest possible manner.

Thanks

Yes, we're working on the professional aspect now.

1. is definitely a go.
2. Is getting there as long as we can source the heatsinks by the end of the week. (dynatron setup has potential but when it comes to technobit its usually best to keep it as is because that's how it has been designed to work).  
3. Is happening as well but will not be up and running until mid next week, realistically.

Not too many takers for the rest. But we'll include a payback option as well, just for other clients which have not been following this thread.

So here's the next step. We're working on the site now, creating a specific section which defines these options in detail and we've been having the lawyers draft/review them and we'll have the final draft back tomorrow. We just don't want to say/offer something wrong or something that could make the situation worse or who knows how people can spin it  right. Tomorrow afternoon we'll post this section as well as send out a mailer to all clients who would like to review the options. Those of you which have already made a selection or mentioned a preference here have been noted but we'll still need you to officially select the which option you'd like tomorrow as well.

AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:48:31 AM

There have been several working miners and they have posted them here and discussed them. From the bitfury line to this line, the miners work but due to a manufacturer problem it caused further delays and a substantial financial loss which has made things tough. 
AMT_miners (OP)

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 02:52:31 AM

We have not edited the site/pricing because the lawyers said not to touch anything, and these guys know their stuff. Part of the filing was that "nothing can altered, edited etc". Also we haven't accepted a new order in the last 4 weeks, despite people that would like to pay. And that's the truth. So why adjust the pricing if we're not accepting the orders, we just marked it as sold out/out of stock.

mrpark

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:08:39 AM

AMT Miners - Please advise on what I should do with this miner that was sitting for a week and now coming back to me. It's not really any use to me since it will self destruct. Please let me know when option 2 has been tested as a valid option. What can you do to ensure all of us that option 1 will not be another self destructing bitcoin miner?

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 03:09:36 AM

We have not edited the site/pricing because the lawyers said not to touch anything, and these guys know their stuff. Part of the filing was that "nothing can altered, edited etc". Also we haven't accepted a new order in the last 4 weeks, despite people that would like to pay. And that's the truth. So why adjust the pricing if we're not accepting the orders, we just marked it as sold out/out of stock.

Probably the only truth coming outta camp AMT, for I've personally created two fake email accounts a week or so ago and tried to order, neither of which were replied to.
mrpark

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 03:16:23 AM

Probably the only truth coming outta camp AMT, for I've personally created two fake email accounts a week or so ago and tried to order, neither of which were replied to.

My real account, complete with order number doesn't get a reply either.

dreward

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:27:19 AM

When I ordered back in November I thought the original delivery date was extremely aggressive but I was repeatedly assure that the dates were good. I honestly expected delivery in early February and I would still have made money. I also have a butterfly labs miner on order (at heavy discount due to their previous late deliveries). They are also 5 months late but they are going to deliver approximately 400% of the hash rate they originally offered (and have offered 100% refunds).
I understand that AMT may not have the money to offer 100% refunds immediately (this would be my preferred option at this point). I would take the the 6 months payout if I believed that I had a good chance of receiving the money, but I don't.
Not delivering a power supply and offering no refund for that cost is crazy.
Personally I think AMT should offer at least 3.6TH to replace the 1.2TH ordered. The difficulty has actually risen 8 fold since January so a threefold increase in performance is not even meeting us half way.
I do understand the difficult situation these guys are in, equally they should have some recourse to their suppliers (for example by receiving free chips from the chip designer).
I look forward to seeing some suggestions from AMT that give us some hope of a return of funds which they are required to offer by law.
I have brought things on Kickstarter and I understand the dangers of that type of purchase. This purchase was not made with those caveats and should not be subject to those risks.
I have to this point been extremely patient and generally supportive of AMT but I believe their current suggestions for resolution are a prime example of too little being offered.

captin crunch

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:25:19 AM

@AMT

I understand that you were throwing out some ideas to get a feel for what people might find acceptable, but now the professional approach would be to choose which are most viable, then get out your list and your email machine, and starting at the top (lowest unfulfilled order # ) send out a n email with a detailed description of options and what each one will entail so you can get back on track and get this show on the road in the fairest possible manner.

Thanks

Yes, we're working on the professional aspect now.

1. is definitely a go.
2. Is getting there as long as we can source the heatsinks by the end of the week. (dynatron setup has potential but when it comes to technobit its usually best to keep it as is because that's how it has been designed to work).  
3. Is happening as well but will not be up and running until mid next week, realistically.

Not too many takers for the rest. But we'll include a payback option as well, just for other clients which have not been following this thread.

So here's the next step. We're working on the site now, creating a specific section which defines these options in detail and we've been having the lawyers draft/review them and we'll have the final draft back tomorrow. We just don't want to say/offer something wrong or something that could make the situation worse or who knows how people can spin it  right. Tomorrow afternoon we'll post this section as well as send out a mailer to all clients who would like to review the options. Those of you which have already made a selection or mentioned a preference here have been noted but we'll still need you to officially select the which option you'd like tomorrow as well.

Thanks for the reply. glad to see your thinking this through. Please try to be as descriptive as possible in not to technical terms as to which board/chip options will be available on which options, hosting info such as pool options and terms of hosting, that sort of thing so we all can at least make informed decisions on which option is best for our particular situation.

Also thanks again for spending a little time now and then to update us and try to be a part of the community. it has been a refreshing change and again there are many who do appreciate it. Keep it up and I will be looking forward to seeing the options we have so we can turn this bitch around and get it heading in the right direction.

ladi4ever

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 05:35:53 AM

This peace of a shit  theaf keeps deleting my posts,,,,
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 09:03:54 AM

Also make it obvious as to where we can send the non-working in exchange for the new option. I'll go ahead and get it bundled up tomorrow for immediate return.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
opieum2

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:49:09 AM

Also make it obvious as to where we can send the non-working in exchange for the new option. I'll go ahead and get it bundled up tomorrow for immediate return.

+1 to this.

mrpark

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 10:57:25 AM

When I ordered back in November I thought the original delivery date was extremely aggressive but I was repeatedly assure that the dates were good. I honestly expected delivery in early February and I would still have made money. I also have a butterfly labs miner on order (at heavy discount due to their previous late deliveries). They are also 5 months late but they are going to deliver approximately 400% of the hash rate they originally offered (and have offered 100% refunds).
I understand that AMT may not have the money to offer 100% refunds immediately (this would be my preferred option at this point). I would take the the 6 months payout if I believed that I had a good chance of receiving the money, but I don't.
Personally I think AMT should offer at least 3.6TH to replace the 1.2TH ordered. The difficulty has actually risen 8 fold since January so a threefold increase in performance is not even meeting us half way.
I do understand the difficult situation these guys are in, equally they should have some recourse to their suppliers (for example by receiving free chips from the chip designer).
I look forward to seeing some suggestions from AMT that give us some hope of a return of funds which they are required to offer by law.
I have brought things on Kickstarter and I understand the dangers of that type of purchase. This purchase was not made with those caveats and should not be subject to those risks.
I have to this point been extremely patient and generally supportive of AMT but I believe their current suggestions for resolution are a prime example of too little being offered.

+1 well said. I also think providing a 1.2T would be only 1/3 compensation at this point in the game. I think you are not alone, many of us feel because of the price drop an additional T's should be added, especially since AMT claims to be sooo good and have the best chips ETC. If companies that they (not us)  think are not so good, like ANT S2 selling for $$2500 for 1T . They should be able to do much better and back up their claims of being so good and give is 3T for our $6000. They are talking out both sides of their mouth, on one hand telling us how they are better than spondoolies (which is not last years design but brand new design by the way); yet the don't want to beat their pricing.  I am not even taking in account all the bitcoins we lost either.

FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:11:11 AM

There have been several working miners and they have posted them here and discussed them. From the bitfury line to this line, the miners work but due to a manufacturer problem it caused further delays and a substantial financial loss which has made things tough. 

Specifically, who has a working miner?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
FrictionlessCoin
Legendary

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

Cryptotalk.org - Get paid for every post!

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:17:07 AM

+1 well said. I also think providing a 1.2T would be only 1/3 compensation at this point in the game. I think you are not alone, many of us feel because of the price drop an additional T's should be added, especially since AMT claims to be sooo good and have the best chips ETC. If companies that they (not us)  think are not so good, like ANT S2 selling for $$2500 for 1T . They should be able to do much better and back up their claims of being so good and give is 3T for our $6000. They are talking out both sides of their mouth, on one hand telling us how they are better than spondoolies (which is not last years design but brand new design by the way); yet the don't want to beat their pricing.  I am not even taking in account all the bitcoins we lost either.

Exactly,  they have not delivered anything on our $6,000 purchase.  If they are to deliver anything now, then they should deliver something that is worth $6,000.    At current rates that at least a 3 THs system.

The fact that they have not changed the prices on their website appears to be a way to hide the reality that a 1 THs system can be bought for near $2,000.  Yes, the defense lawyers are in on this scam by 'recommending' that the truth be manipulated.   Is there any way to sue their lawyers as being accomplices?

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.CryptoTalk.org.|.MAKE POSTS AND EARN BTC!.🏆
rik_khaos

Activity: 854

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 11:24:38 AM

I'd really like to know who their manufacturer is for option 1. Also they said 1.2 (possibly a little more) I want to know how much this possibly a little more is. The 20% bump would be nice to have it kicked up to about 1.5

Also I'd really like to know who they are sub contracting with for option number 3 and if the hosting is paid directly to AMT or that third party. But with the 20% bump in speed it might be worth it.

But since 2 is the tecnobit solution and we know the tecnobit solution is getting good results it might be the route to go. Plus it looks like I can spread the load over different circuits.

I am ready to see what they've come up with. I wonder what time the lawyers are going to get back to them. And I'm hoping the page goes up quicker than the forum they were going to post on their site.

Kidding aside if they manage to pull this thing off and at least get working hardware to people it might redeem them in the eyes of some other people and give the other manufactures something to look at rather than the promise of more compensation with no delivery.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 [49] 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: