Bitcoin Forum
June 28, 2024, 05:58:09 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  
Author Topic: New Official AMT Thread  (Read 149437 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
ladi4ever

Activity: 64
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 04:51:29 PM

Liar, ...! This is Josh him self..only one person out of 1000 orders received miners..and is this guy here..That would be pretty stupid to believe..

I'm not Josh and you can see the history of my posts (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=166777;sa=showPosts). I have berated AMT as much as anyone else on these boards. AMT still owes me another 1 TH/s miner, from their recall (https://advancedminers.com/amt-issues-recall-due-manufacturing-error/), and $2,609 in credit. Do your homework.

I'm just letting everyone know how it's going with the new miner. I had lost all hope already and wasn't even expecting to receive it.

On another note, I figured out why the Pools were not being load-balanced. The command being run from the web interface was missing the "--load-balance" parameter on the call to cgminer, after I added the parameter the 3 pool entries started to register work being done. I added both "--balance" and "--load-balance".

From file "/var/www/config.php" line 190.
Before:
$cmd =sprintf( "sudo ./cgminer  %s --diff ".intval($diff)." --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-listen --api-network | head -400 > cgminer.log & ",$str);

After:
$cmd =sprintf( "sudo ./cgminer  %s --diff ".intval($diff)." --api-listen --cs 8 --stmcu 0 --hwreset --api-listen --api-network --balance --load-balance | head -400 > cgminer.log & ",$str);

I also raised the frequency of the boards to 900Mhz and the hasrate has averaged about 920GH/s on the web interface and 880 Gh/s on the pool side, which is the side that really counts.

Yea ignore that moron. But yea those commands are useful. worth keeping an eye on in case its a more widespread problem.

The other concern though is why this hardware is not hashing at 1Ths as it was supposed to. It would be good to hear something from AMT on that front on what can be done to address it (if anything).

That's all you do here Opium, smooth stuff for AMT, go get life....You have been criticized previously here also from other members..
rik_khaos

Activity: 854
Merit: 500

Just a regular guy who likes his fiber.

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 05:27:44 PM

Yeah, go get life! Grab it by the balls.

He doesn't smooth anything over, he looks at things with a level head and has called out AMT on quite a few occasions.

Selling BTC for cash in Los Angeles. DM me!
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 2604

Evil beware: We have waffles!

View Profile
July 25, 2014, 08:28:41 PM

That's all you do here Opium, smooth stuff for AMT, go get life....You have been criticized previously here also from other members..
Roll Eyes Hmm.. members like sirmines, RickJames, and a few others who's only apparent purpose on the Forum here and in other threads is to try and kick over the kettle and fan flames despite never having bought (or tried to buy) gear from the companies in question  Roll Eyes Useless drivel - boatloads of. Useful information - zero. Their and your ranting opinions ain't worth diddly.

Bet your 2nd favorite pastime is to look for people on buildings so ya can shout, "JUMP!, JUMP!"

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
 -Sole remaining active Primary developer of cgminer, Kano's repo is here
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
RickJamesBTC

Activity: 378
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 01:10:52 AM

Are you kidding? These guys have fucked customers every direction and in every hole. You think that if the thread was just left to a paid shill like you that more people wouldn't have been ripped off? They delete every negative post now as it is, so keep on trolling with your lips pressed on that scammer ass.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:21:52 AM
Last edit: July 27, 2014, 08:08:20 PM by NotFuzzyWarm

<ranting so snip> You think that if the thread was just left to a paid shill like you <more bull - snip>
For the 'official' and if needed legal record I have to date:

Received zero return on the $4089 I spent with them.
Received zero payment of any sort from AMT et-al.

For the sole purpose of doing qualified professional 3rd-party forensics of the designs and hashing boards - gratis mind you - I have received:
   1 pc TH miner case with cage and backplane. Yes arrived poorly packaged but mostly intact for testbed purposes. Ditched the case, just have cage holding 3 hash boards. 2 Briefly worked. Of the 2 - one still sorta does and is my sole remaining 'operational' reference.

8 of the AMT hashing boards in total including the above - all non-functional in one way or another, several minus heat sinks and as-received from the CM. All from the various versions produced before attempts at production of the oft-revised designs as given by BitMine.ch and produced by the CM up to May-June (?) or so was stopped. No idea on the exact dates.

2 main controller boards with pi's and cables. Minus the SD cards btw. Used my own and Josh sent me an image of the software.

Diagnostics time to date: including pouring over the schematics, BOM's and looking up/through component data sheets, microscopy to verify physical construction & components used (and approved substitutions), hardware testing as in signal timing integrity, voltages, etc.: 47 hours. Again all Gratis for the BTC Community. btw - my commercial paid rate is well over 200$/hr when on-site. I am good at what I do. Very very good.

In other words - I have a forensics testbed and components all of which per contract remains property of AMT. I found EXACTLY what the problems were/are with those hash boards and reported to AMT what I'd found.

From only the hardware point, just who is legally responsible for the myriad of issues with the original miners and to what extent is for the courts to decide. I can categorically state that of this mess perhaps the ONE thing that AMT has done right is not shipping more than a hand full of what was produced. Things would be far worse here and elsewhere...
From the customers point - AMT and AMT alone are who is on the Hot Seat. Hardware issues be damned their general business plan has been sketchy at best.

So much for being a paid shill, eh?

- For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself -    My info useful? Donations welcome!  3NtFuzyWREGoDHWeMczeJzxFZpiLAFJXYr
-Support Sidehacks miner development. Donations to:   1BURGERAXHH6Yi6LRybRJK7ybEm5m5HwTr
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:36:24 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 03:47:22 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

As for the new miners in production - lets just say as far as the miner designs go: Lessons learned and not repeated..

However, it is more than very worrisome that so far only the 1 has surfaced...  Huh

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 03:59:31 AM

Trying to understand:  AMT is now promising to fill back orders with rebranded Chinese miners, is that what people are claiming?

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
opieum2

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:10:45 AM

<ranting so snip> You think that if the thread was just left to a paid shill like you <more bull - snip>
For the 'official' and if needed legal record I have to date:

Received zero return on the $4089 I spent with them.
Received zero payment of any sort from AMT et-al.

For the sole purpose of doing qualified professional 3rd-party forensics of the designs and hashing boards - gratis mind you - I have received:
   1 pc TH miner case with cage and backplane. Yes arrived poorly packaged but mostly intact for testbed purposes. Ditched the case, just have cage holding 3 hash boards. 2 Briefly worked. Of the 2 - one still sorta does and is my sole remaining 'operational' reference.

8 of the AMT hashing boards in total including the above - all non-functional in one way or another, several minus heat sinks and as-received from the CM. All from the various versions produced before attempts at production of the oft-revised designs as given by BitMine.ch and produced by the CM up May-June or so was stopped. No idea on the exact dates.

2 main controller boards with pi's and cables. Minus the SD cards btw. Used my own and Josh sent me an image of the software.

In other words - a forensics test bed which per contract remains property of AMT. I know EXACTLY what the problems were/are and reported to AMT what I'd found. I can categorically state that of this mess perhaps the ONE thing that AMT has done right is not shipping more than a hand full of what was produced. Things would be far worse here and elsewhere...

So much for being a paid shill, eh?

Not even paid by AMT. They already know they can't afford me as it is. I offered up some free business and technical advice (advice they have not really used) as well as some technical information to assist in improving the products. That helps everyone all around. If one cant see how that would benefit them directly then they can keep on trolling and ranting and raving through this all.

There are those on here who know where I stand from my outside conversations with them. My post history with AMT has been just as hostile as it has been favorable...but I am keeping myself objective. Because there are alot of tin-foil hat types on here who seem to lose their collective minds on the slightest thing without any understanding of whats going on. And who also don't fact check anything (like ladi accusing the dude who got those miners for being Josh when in fact just reading his first 8 posts (out of 12) were all just as hostile as anyones on here.

"amtminers scam joshua zipkin scammer"
-Joshua Zipkin leaked skype chats http://bit.ly/1s7U2Yb
-For bitcoin to succeed the community must police itself.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:11:51 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 04:43:13 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

Trying to understand:  AMT is now promising to fill back orders with rebranded Chinese miners, is that what people are claiming?
Where produced is irrelevant - getting hardware is. As for re-branded, well the original design was a re-branded Swiss miner. What's the diff? The hardware is being produced for AMT based on what has been learned about the proper care & feeding of the A1 by AMT, InnoSilicon, BitMine.ch, and others who have watched and noted the A1's troubled birth.

opieum2

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:12:11 AM

This appears to be the case. Still A1 miners from what it seems. At least we are getting the promised hashrate. If it works and its a proven design that is known to work then whats the problem?

JorgeStolfi

Activity: 910
Merit: 1003

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 04:49:02 AM

At least we are getting the promised hashrate. If it works and its a proven design that is known to work then whats the problem?
No problem with that.  But see the other thread...

Academic interest in bitcoin only. Not owner, not trader, very skeptical of its longterm success.
NotFuzzyWarm
Legendary

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 05:33:00 AM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 06:32:12 AM by NotFuzzyWarm

At least we are getting the promised hashrate. If it works and its a proven design that is known to work then whats the problem?
No problem with that.  But see the other thread...
Generally could care less what goes on there. ck is just miffed so many folks use cgminer and he gets near nada from it.. Now if it is a reminder to trolls that if they want post to remain, the users thread is where they belong, fine. Gee, Bitmain, Spondoolies, BlackArrow, TechnoBit, etc all moderate/delete posts. Their thread, their rules. So what?

Ja, BitMine.ch seemed to have no idea of the pitfalls in birthing a complex power design. JoshCo definitely had no idea and relied massively on what BitMine gave to them. Wildly over promised on many levels? Damn right. Horribly executed. Double damn right.

BFL - after their 40nm chip release, dumbfounded there. To me the technicals needed to safely push the Monarch chip should have been obvious. And should have been addressed in later revs after working ones on the comparatively low original spec hash rate were sent out.

In all cases regardless of chip/miner mfgr the price paid then vs now for GHS is the massive foaming at the mouth gorilla that certainly has to be dealt with somehow. Getting rigs with at least as-ordered hash  rate is #1 right now. Only a start, but still a 1st step.

opieum2

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 02:24:24 PM
Last edit: July 26, 2014, 03:57:03 PM by opieum2

Generally could care less what goes on there. ck is just miffed so many folks use cgminer and he gets near nada from it.. Now if it is a reminder to trolls that if they want post to remain, the users thread is where they belong, fine. Gee, Bitmain, Spondoolies, BlackArrow, TechnoBit, etc all moderate/delete posts. Their thread, their rules. So what?

Ja, BitMine.ch seemed to have no idea of the pitfalls in birthing a complex power design. JoshCo definitely had no idea and relied massively on what BitMine gave to them. Wildly over promised on many levels? Damn right. Horribly executed. Double damn right.

BFL - after their 40nm chip release, dumbfounded there. To me the technicals needed to safely push the Monarch chip should have been obvious. And should have been addressed in later revs after working ones on the comparatively low original spec hash rate were sent out.

In all cases regardless of chip/miner mfgr the price paid then vs now for GHS is the massive foaming at the mouth gorilla that certainly has to be dealt with somehow. Getting rigs with at least as-ordered hash  rate is #1 right now. Only a start, but still a 1st step.

Right in that sense at least better than BFL who has yet to deliver $4,000+ 600Ghs machines. And they have NO plans to compensate. AMT as disorganized as they are have at least made some effort to offer something. Whether that happens is another matter. But its important that they first deliver what was originally ordered. Hashrate at least.

sabre

Activity: 74
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 09:42:14 PM

Right in that sense at least better than BFL who has yet to deliver $4,000+ 600Ghs machines. And they have NO plans to compensate. AMT as disorganized as they are have at least made some effort to offer something. Whether that happens is another matter. But its important that they first deliver what was originally ordered. Hashrate at least.

Wrong,
       I had 5 orders with bfl that I had also upgraded to monarch's. Guess what, they had stated if 6 months go by for the original order I can ask for a refund. 6 months went by I requested it, received a response the next day and done !

Amt , no response ... don't compare these jokers with bfl.
opieum2

View Profile
July 26, 2014, 10:21:29 PM

Wrong,
       I had 5 orders with bfl that I had also upgraded to monarch's. Guess what, they had stated if 6 months go by for the original order I can ask for a refund. 6 months went by I requested it, received a response the next day and done !

Amt , no response ... don't compare these jokers with bfl.

Fair point. I too got a refund from BFL as well. But I had to approach the FTC to kindly "coax" them into compliance. That got near instant response. The FTC will reach out, they just wont bare teeth right off until it gets insane.

Biomech
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1022

Anarchy is not chaos.

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:26:35 AM

Are you kidding? These guys have fucked customers every direction and in every hole. You think that if the thread was just left to a paid shill like you that more people wouldn't have been ripped off? They delete every negative post now as it is, so keep on trolling with your lips pressed on that scammer ass.

it's obvious opieum cups the balls too. i have never come across a more delusional character than this kid. he is a text book case of Stockholm syndrome.

I think I made my feelings on the whole debacle clear a couple months back. If anyone on this forum can be accused of being a paid shill, or at least compensated, it's me. They sent me a miner, without solicitation, and it worked. I so reported.

From that point forward, they engaged in a clusterfuck of epic proportions, which I did not want to be associated with. I walked away, but continued to watch.

In the whole debacle, I saw like maybe four people being constructive (as opposed to either straight trolling or straight ass kissing) Opiem2, ISHAWHIM both come to mind.

You, I thought, had a quite legitimate grievance and were entirely justified in your lawsuit. But attacking people for trying to make lemonade out of a basket of rotten lemons is a bit low.

Oh, for the record, half my miner died. I believe I posted it in the original thread, though it might be here. According to Martin at TechnoBit, it was because of the restrictive case. So if any of you got the original bitfury based miners, keep that in mind. In the open air, the remaining board works great.

That after this shitstorm they are trying to make it right is actually kind of cool. Good luck to all involved.
clenell

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 03:54:01 AM

it's obvious opieum cups the balls too. i have never come across a more delusional character than this kid. he is a text book case of Stockholm syndrome.

I think I made my feelings on the whole debacle clear a couple months back. If anyone on this forum can be accused of being a paid shill, or at least compensated, it's me. They sent me a miner, without solicitation, and it worked. I so reported.

From that point forward, they engaged in a clusterfuck of epic proportions, which I did not want to be associated with. I walked away, but continued to watch.

In the whole debacle, I saw like maybe four people being constructive (as opposed to either straight trolling or straight ass kissing) Opiem2, ISHAWHIM both come to mind.

You, I thought, had a quite legitimate grievance and were entirely justified in your lawsuit. But attacking people for trying to make lemonade out of a basket of rotten lemons is a bit low.

Oh, for the record, half my miner died. I believe I posted it in the original thread, though it might be here. According to Martin at TechnoBit, it was because of the restrictive case. So if any of you got the original bitfury based miners, keep that in mind. In the open air, the remaining board works great.

That after this shitstorm they are trying to make it right is actually kind of cool. Good luck to all involved.

AMT is not trying to make matters "right". they are doing just barely enough to stay out of jail. i know im justified with my legal case but there are others who feel differently. then you have people like opieum who all but encourage newcomers to this thread to do business with AMT. if i can prevent the shills from directing more business to AMT then i've won.

I intend to coarsen. I want stark contrasts drawn. I want polarization. I will not quietly accept stateism so as not to upset anyone. I am not tolerant of our impending and increasing slavery.
opieum2

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 04:06:06 AM

Ok asshole quote me where I encourage anyone to do business with AMT. I've been consistent in stating they epically fucked up,  but you and the voices in your head have decided something else. You seem to have taken it upon yourself to direct your vendetta against me. I hardly see you posting about AMT any more, just me. Dude I really don't swing that way (not judging just not my preference).

You seriously got an unhealthy obsession with me man, not your enemy (or lover depending on what voice you got talking to you) here never was. But biomech is right as to what I've been trying to do with a few other cooler heads... Not that you'll listen. So to close up go fuck yourself clenell and have fun going after them in court maybe you can piss away some cash on a personal lawsuit since the judge seems to have tossed the class.

Posted From bitcointalk.org Android App

dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2014, 10:47:00 AM

This company's rating has changed in the relaunched manufacturer trustworthiness thread.

YourPalToots

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 27, 2014, 01:14:21 PM

First generation significantly delayed, although may be due to a third party. Products were recalled and only some refunds processed. Backlog is being sorted through. Will have to build up reputation from scratch.

Products were recalled but returns were refused by company.

No refunds have been issued.

Pages: « 1 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 [127] 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 »
  Print  

Jump to: