Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:04:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260361 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Buy$Polar

Activity: 65
Merit: 10

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:09:40 PM

The blockchain is forked again
explores dont agree ou the number of block

Why not add a checkpoint server to stop any future forks?

davembg

Activity: 340
Merit: 251

Smell the glove.

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 09:19:07 PM

DonkeyPool is back for one more try.
Hopefully, some minor changes via cryptonit do the trick.

The easiest solution would be to stop danbi's pool.

But, this will not make most of the miners move away. People just leave their miners at the pool and resume mining the moment it comes up again. The network will remain with less miners, lower difficulty and more vulnerable.

Activity at danbi's pool is higher than normal. All typical miners now mine more. Others have returned after being away for long time. Some miners are with impressive hashrates.... It is best that they move to other pools or solo mine.

By the way, while you are at the pool, please withdraw your coins. You could mint those coins and earn more of them. The coins sitting at the pool does not gain anything for anybody.

It has been repeated so many times. If you are an block generating node, please use

listen=0
noirc=1 (this is very important, strange things lurk on IRC!!!)
connect=<permament node(s)>

This will ensure your blocks propagate faster, than if you send them to other random nodes. You will see less orphans. It will also reduce the likehood of your node getting garbage.
popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 09:30:57 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 10:29:37 PM by popshot

Why not add a checkpoint server to stop any future forks?

We have checkpointing server running.

That's why we are able to push one version of the chain over another knowing that it's not compromised.

Checkpointing server cannot prevent forks from happening but makes harder for them to take place.

It's a shame some people miss out by mining on the worng chain, but it's better to miss out than compromise the whole network.

Whoever is disturbing the network is quite determined, but not as determined as us to keep it running in order.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 09:33:41 PM

DonkeyPool is back for one more try.
Hopefully, some minor changes via cryptonit do the trick.

thats the spirit!
never give up

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 10:05:44 PM
Last edit: April 09, 2015, 10:21:32 PM by cryptonit

but we want to prepare for next time

do we have longterm community member with static IP servers / virtual servers who wana host additional backbone nodes?

ideal would be virtual server where we get remote access

if that not possible u need to  join our dmd community chat on skype so we have easy communication ways

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
April 09, 2015, 10:41:45 PM

The easiest solution would be to stop danbi's pool.

But, this will not make most of the miners move away. People just leave their miners at the pool and resume mining the moment it comes up again. The network will remain with less miners, lower difficulty and more vulnerable.

Activity at danbi's pool is higher than normal. All typical miners now mine more. Others have returned after being away for long time. Some miners are with impressive hashrates.... It is best that they move to other pools or solo mine.

By the way, while you are at the pool, please withdraw your coins. You could mint those coins and earn more of them. The coins sitting at the pool does not gain anything for anybody.

It has been repeated so many times. If you are an block generating node, please use

listen=0
noirc=1 (this is very important, strange things lurk on IRC!!!)
connect=<permament node(s)>

This will ensure your blocks propagate faster, than if you send them to other random nodes. You will see less orphans. It will also reduce the likehood of your node getting garbage.

I tried solo mining and out of 5 blocks found, 3 were orphaned. 

At one point Danbi's pool was the only one that appeared to be functioning.  When miningfield went down, some people switched to donkeypool so when donkey was acting up, there was only one pool left to go to.
prints

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

\m/

View Profile WWW
April 09, 2015, 11:10:48 PM

Hey guys, got a question. I was busy and I didn't update until a short time ago. I had my old wallet running and apparently it ran away on a fork and staked 2 blocks. I downloaded the blockchain from the link: HTTP March/08/15 from the OP and replaced my existing one.

I restarted the wallet with -repairwallet, and the stakes that went on the fork are now 'Generated but not accepted', which should be fine - right? But it didn't return the blocks, so now my balance is way off.

Is there something else I need to do to get these coins back to the correct place?

Thanks Wink

|| BTC: 17Dm2MMEGXKejjLvhyhoC4JRr9bR26Ktvu || LTC: LV6RbrsJAaBjrVyAwJCKhMfLTZE6aqEgKt || Zcash: t1S2WwgZzvkYLbKPZYQFYtWQ2QAf88cnPCz ||
DMDCreeper

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 12:57:57 AM

it looks like found blocks on donkeypool are not confirming.  Can anyone verify that?  Is there still a problem?  Should people stop mining DMD? 

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:04:00 AM

Hey guys, got a question. I was busy and I didn't update until a short time ago. I had my old wallet running and apparently it ran away on a fork and staked 2 blocks. I downloaded the blockchain from the link: HTTP March/08/15 from the OP and replaced my existing one.

I restarted the wallet with -repairwallet, and the stakes that went on the fork are now 'Generated but not accepted', which should be fine - right? But it didn't return the blocks, so now my balance is way off.

Is there something else I need to do to get these coins back to the correct place?

Thanks Wink
Hi.
Please read carefully this section https://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,97.msg631.html#msg631
Download all the necessary files. Replace the wallet to the new version 2.0.55
Remove all old files wallet (except file wallet.dat) and extract the files from the archive danbischain20150408.zip to the folder beside with a file wallet.dat

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
DMDCreeper

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:10:10 AM

Thanks Wink
Hi.
Please read carefully this section https://bit.diamonds/community/index.php/topic,97.msg631.html#msg631
Remove all old files wallet (except file wallet.dat) and extract the files from the archive danbischain20150408.zip to the folder beside with a file wallet.dat

I did that earlier today.  I still have 184 unconfirmed transactions in my wallet and I can't get rid of them.  Is there an answer on how to remove those transactions?
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 01:19:11 AM

Thanks Wink
Hi.

I did that earlier today.  I still have 184 unconfirmed transactions in my wallet and I can't get rid of them.  Is there an answer on how to remove those transactions?

Then You can restore the backup file wallet.dat (eg a week ago) and then these uncommitted transactions will disappear.
but it can be done if your wallet has only one address,  otherwise some coins may be lost.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
clapperhead

Activity: 103

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:18:47 AM

So how's a guy who's just got a wallet, not mining, suppose to keep up with this crap?  Kind of thinking about a future for a coin that doesn't include you super geeks changing codes/programming/forks/wallets, not notifying somehow thru the wallet that it MUST be updated.  What's the point if only for your experimentation.   I'm I missing something here?
prints

Activity: 182
Merit: 102

\m/

View Profile WWW
April 10, 2015, 02:23:34 AM

Thanks Wink
Hi.

Yes, I've done this actually. I should have been more specific in my explanation. I did it once more just to be sure. My blocks are lined up with the block explorer (at the current time 873980), but the blocks from the orphan stakes did not return to my balance.

|| BTC: 17Dm2MMEGXKejjLvhyhoC4JRr9bR26Ktvu || LTC: LV6RbrsJAaBjrVyAwJCKhMfLTZE6aqEgKt || Zcash: t1S2WwgZzvkYLbKPZYQFYtWQ2QAf88cnPCz ||
clapperhead

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:45:37 AM

So how's a guy who's just got a wallet, not mining, suppose to keep up with this crap?  Kind of thinking about a future for a coin that doesn't include you super geeks changing codes/programming/forks/wallets, not notifying somehow thru the wallet that it MUST be updated.  What's the point if only for your experimentation.   I'm I missing something here?

When it comes to money and you're sitting at the table and you don't know who the sucker is... it's you.
clapperhead

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 02:54:37 AM

When it comes to money and you're sitting at the table and you don't know who the sucker is... it's you.

One last comment for the End User that should echo through out the community... where's the Steve Job's for alt/bitcoin, bring it home.
Henle

Activity: 40
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 03:42:24 AM

Clapperhead has a point.  There is an opportunity or two here, possibly huge ones.

The wallet in my pocket never gets forked.  If my bank was ever "on the wrong fork" so to speak, there would be hell to pay.  But in the crypto-community, this is normal.  Pretty much every coin has had fork issues at some point.  You can blame bad guys and you can blame people who don't update the wallet, and you can blame 51% attacks, but the problem is the blockchain system allows forks.  I don't know the answer to this, but this needs to get fixed or cryptocurrency will never get any real acceptance.  Sure, there are a lot of people mining and a lot of people trading.  It's a tiny niche.  There are a million times as many people safely doing online banking every day without any fear of having their bank get forked.

And about wallet updates, it's normal for wallet updates to get released without really alerting people about the updates.  Sure, you post here and maybe some other places, but there is no alert that there is any issue.  I've got 20 wallets.  I don't check the posts for them all every day, it would take too long.  I don't even check them all every week, just the ones that have issues, have pending updates I know about, and a handful that are either hot or in trouble.  Some of them I never check.  The last time I checked the bitcoin thread or their website was when they released a new wallet.  The time before that was like a year ago.  I haven't looked at the Litecoin thread in like 2 years.

Sometimes those wallet updates will result in lost coins if not acted on promptly.  People lost Rubies when Ruby switched to POS.  If you didn't update by a certain date, you were out of luck.  I think the same happened with the Saturncoin to Saturncoin2 migration.  Granted, these are isolated cases involving hard forks, but if a person just had some coins in there wallet and wasn't actively involved with those coins, they were just out of luck.  They lost their coins.  That would not be acceptable at a bank.

I've seen wallets post messages.  I think about two months ago, the Zeitcoin wallet started giving me a message every time I started it about a Zeit-Knight event where new Zeit Knights would be anounced.  And there was an update.  That worked out great.  I updated my wallet.  Apparently a month ago, there was another update, but no message this time.  I only know about it right now because I just checked the thread to get a date for when the Zeit-Knight thing happened.  Ooops.  I guess I'll be updating that wallet.  Knowing that they have messaging technology, why the hell wouldn't they use it?

I think the real question is why doesn't every coin dev team use messaging technology to send messages directly to peoples wallets so they really have no excuse not to update?

So there are two possible enhancements that would help Diamond differentiate from all the other coins and possibly gain some traction as a form of currency that regular people might feel comfortable about using.  The messaging update is probably simple.  The code already exists, it just needs to be implemented and used regularly.
ajqjjj

Activity: 1498
Merit: 507

Not your Keys, not your Bitcoin

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:34:13 AM

I agree with the previous comment. Who is responsible for my 270 Diamond lost? Huh no one? Now this should not spend the failure of the crypto currencies credibility is lost from there  Angry

-support Bitcoin Community Bitcointalk.org-
Always verify wallet to store your Bitcoin
Donations are open, send PM
kiklo
Legendary

Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 05:57:22 AM

I've seen wallets post messages.  I think about two months ago, the Zeitcoin wallet started giving me a message every time I started it about a Zeit-Knight event where new Zeit Knights would be anounced.  And there was an update.  That worked out great.  I updated my wallet.  Apparently a month ago, there was another update, but no message this time.  I only know about it right now because I just checked the thread to get a date for when the Zeit-Knight thing happened.  Ooops.  I guess I'll be updating that wallet.  Knowing that they have messaging technology, why the hell wouldn't they use it?

Hi Henle,

ZeitKnight was our 1st test of the alert system.
No Alert was sent out for the 2.0.1.6 version because it was not a mandatory update.
Thanks to your idea, will mention it to the ZCM, about using it to announce every new version of wallet even if it is not mandatory.

Cool
DMDCreeper

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:25:14 AM

I agree with the previous comment. Who is responsible for my 270 Diamond lost? Huh no one? Now this should not spend the failure of the crypto currencies credibility is lost from there  Angry

I agree.  This looks very ugly right now.  Half of he found blocks either solo mining or mining at donkeypool are orphans.  It makes mining DMD very unprofitable - which is why I stopped mining DMD for now - and maybe forever if this problem is not resolved soon.   If this continues to the reward reduction that would be really bad.

It would be helpful if we all had a consistent message about how to handle the situation.  Frankly, if Danbi's pool is overwriting blocks as it was suggest earlier that is a major problem for everyone else who is not mining at Danbi's pool.  Perhaps shutting it down is the correct course of action until the  problem can be resolved.  In the meantime miners are burning electricity for nothing.  And puhlease do not bring up cloud mining as the answer.

So far I have read posts telling us to set listen = 0 and listen =1, use addnode not connect or use connect and not addnode.  Very confusing.

Heavyiron

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
April 10, 2015, 06:44:21 AM
Last edit: April 10, 2015, 07:03:34 AM by Heavyiron

Is blockchain forked again?
Here: http://dmdpool.digsys.bg/bc/ and here: https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/# blockcount and difficulty are different.
Pages: « 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 [315] 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 361 362 363 364 365 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: