Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:15:23 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260276 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
danbi

Activity: 393
Merit: 250

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:18:56 PM

@Danbi
@popshot
I see the problem with huge amount of miniscule transactions in wallet, I really feel this problem on admin fee wallet, same as you do on foundation wallet.  Hope Danbi is finding a way to fix this problem.  I have made several suggestions to davembg about how we can handle this at pool end by moving admin/donation fees to payouts code with a threshold to minimize transaction rather than in rewardrecipents on NOMP.  This IS a BIG problem at pool end, consolidating a large amount of tiny transactions the transaction fee is just too much!  Add to that there is no way these tiny amounts can stake ...  Hope Danbi has a solution in the works Smiley  This transaction fee problem for pool fees/foundation fees will only become worse when reward reduction to 1/10 as reward will be less than transaction fee Sad  Solution: zero transaction fee, who does this serve anyway?  I don't see any difference in transaction time whether I pay an extra fee anyway ROFL.
We have had changeaddress= in config from beginning so no prob there at least Smiley

There are two questions here, as far as I understand.

1. The large number of transactions in the wallet. This of course bloats the wallet. The changeaddress= code reduces only part of the bloat, that deals with auto creating new addresses. However, the other bloat is not yet resolved. danbi's pool has suffered from this few times already, due to the very high transaction load it has. I am contemplating few possible fixes, but nothing definitive yet.

2. The transaction fee. We could in theory decide to remove the transaction fee, which so far is "useless" - except it goes to the miners, thus encouraging them to mine. This incentive will increase much more when the mining reward is reduced. This is not a coding issue. Smiley

There is at least one more bug, that relates to wallet bloat, which I had not resolved yet as well -- it manifests itself in the inability of the wallet to send it's transactions to others, effectively requiring an manual repair --- I have observed it few times at danbi's pool, but it might be also related to specific wallet corruption. I am still investigating this -- sa it is potentially more serious for our future plans.

You are however not correct that the tiny amounts can't stake. Not only they can stake, but once staking happens, these tiny amounts will take with them other small amounts to form later piles. I am now sorry I did not pay more attention to crypton's ideas of making them stake faster. Mea Culpa. Smiley

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum was founded in 2009 by Satoshi and Sirius. It replaced a SourceForge forum.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
danbi

Activity: 393

View Profile
February 22, 2015, 10:52:08 PM

Just curious.  About a week or two ago I mentioned if anyone looked into adding masternodes or instant x to DMD?  What is everyone's thoughts on that?  I think a masternode might be a great way to decentralize the coin more and also create lot's of demand on the coin.  The coin will be even more rare.  It doesn't have to take a lot of DMD to run a mn.  Say 250 to activate one.  But this will allow us to help decentralize the network.  We could do either a wallet based MN like Spreadcoins or a vpn based mn like Darkcoins?  Any thoughts as to why or why not this would or wouldn't work?  Do we have the programmers able to implement this?  Just food for thought.

Seems like a really great idea if implemented the right way. I strongly disagree with what Charlie Lee said for Litecoin, that LTC does not need new fancy gimmicks. Look at where LTC is now.

Each and every project, including DMD, need constant improvement and innovations which make it stand out from other similar projects. I feel DMD has already got a bunch of nice traits but that does not mean we cannot introduce more and make it even more attractive.

Introducing nodes would at one side generate additional demand for the coin to set up a node, thus making it even more rare and consequently pushing the price up. On the other hand, it would bring profit to the node owner. I would only raise the limit for the node, maybe to at least 500 coins per node. That s under $100 and I think it would be acceptable for everyone.

Agreed.  I just threw out an arbitrary number.  The reason I bring it up is that anyone with longevity mindset can open a masternode and invest long term in addition to the POS staking wallet.  If someone wants to rent a VPN they are going to be more committed to the success of the coin.  It will give a short term and long term investor multiple ways into DMD.  And I believe we would be the first POW, POS, MN wallet?  Correct me if I am wrong.  Liquidity would come in daily POS and MN payments.  I am also sure that with the cloudmining buy pressure the value of DMD would go nuts.

Having POW, POS and MN wallet at the same time would definitely bring attention of the press. I would put that among top DMD priorities. Let us know what community can do to help.

Hehe I think we need a good programmer to implement it!  LOL - I just come up with the ideas.

one could look at the work the spreadcoin dev has done and also the darkcoin dev:
https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=spreadcoin

Not sure if Danbi can implement?

Everything can be implemented, especially things that have been tested already by others (which makes the risks less).

However, as cryptonit mentioned, our current priority is currently elsewhere. As part of it, we need to make the current wallet more stable and secure -- which is mandatory if we are to build on top of it. We can add more features later, when known deficiencies are fixed (there are few already in my list .. and they are not very trivial to fix).

But, if anyone from the community can work to add this to Diamond in mean time, you are more than welcome Smiley

BTC: 15cJkRupKAkGr6sTxj1Uzb6uHbvuRyK1GL
DMD: dJZEqNcjiUiMMd8DKBFS9oMWtArAD2GCHr
RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 05:28:43 AM

i tested few month ago,i got thousands of small pieces,staking for 2 months,it was very unlucky to find a minted block,and not got theoretical POS rewards.
then i gathered over 10K dmd for one piece,the POS worked fine.
so,if you wanna get a minted block easily,you'd better get more coins in one piece.
this is unfair for small amount,but the reactor  is very helpful for these small amount holders.

You should make sure your change address is also your main "minting" address as well.

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 11:29:33 AM

i tested few month ago,i got thousands of small pieces,staking for 2 months,it was very unlucky to find a minted block,and not got theoretical POS rewards.
so,if you wanna get a minted block easily,you'd better get more coins in one piece.
this is unfair for small amount,but the reactor  is very helpful for these small amount holders.

You should make sure your change address is also your main "minting" address as well.

we will reduce pos block time in one of upcoming wallet releases
so small coin pile get easyer included into a group stake

it work now too but it can require to have wallet in minting state for long time to get lucky

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:39:26 AM

it work now too but it can require to have wallet in minting state for long time to get lucky

This will be true if the owners are constantly running wallets will have more income than those users who sometimes starting its wallets.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 11:55:02 AM

this is unfair for small amount,but the reactor  is very helpful for these small amount holders.

This will be true if the owners are constantly running wallets will have more income than those users who sometimes starting its wallets.

thats already happening its like 1-2% more a month if u have wallet always open compared to only open it once a month

if possible i suggest everyone to have hiw wallet minting 24/7

it not only increase his POS earnings a bit

it make sure even his small coin piles get minted

and it give our network a lot stability because if lot wallets

u know what is true is decided by majority of wallets

lot wallets online means lot more security of the truth

i hope we soon can provide the community with a raspery pi 2 hardware wallet solution

that would be around 50$ and be a 5watt 24/7 hardware wallet solution which u can easy administarte via VNC or RDP from ur main PC

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
feldenthorne

Activity: 206
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:08:59 PM

i hope we soon can provide the community with a raspery pi 2 hardware wallet solution
that would be around 50$ and be a 5watt 24/7 hardware wallet solution which u can easy administarte via VNC or RDP from ur main PC

pallas' ARM building suggestion works for building the wallet on an RPi2, so the work is already done... it's just not in the official repo for some reason: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg8380165#msg8380165. The diff to the official repo is pretty much the same one in my Github fork, if you want a side-by-side comparison, but pallas' solution is more thorough.
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 12:09:55 PM

this is unfair for small amount,but the reactor  is very helpful for these small amount holders.

thats already happening its like 1-2% more a month if u have wallet always open compared to only open it once a month

if possible i suggest everyone to have hiw wallet minting 24/7

it not only increase his POS earnings a bit

it make sure even his small coin piles get minted

and it give our network a lot stability because if lot wallets

u know what is true is decided by majority of wallets

lot wallets online means lot more security of the truth

That would be a truly fantastic development, Cryptonit!  I, for one, would acquire one immediately and would definitely be staking 24/7.   Cheesy

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 12:48:06 PM

pallas' ARM building suggestion works for building the wallet on an RPi2, so the work is already done... it's just not in the official repo for some reason: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=580725.msg8380165#msg8380165. The diff to the official repo is pretty much the same one in my Github fork, if you want a side-by-side comparison, but pallas' solution is more thorough.

i see the goal as a zero linux knowledge solution

what we have now is a compiled wallet that can be run on arm based linux
thats nice but still require "nerds" to get is running (less nerd than required to compile by urself but still)

what i want to achieve is a hardware wallet with preinstalled OS and preinstalled wallet
a easy to follow guilde to move ur wallet.dat into it

very good out of the box security concept

and ideal would be based on ubuntu snappy so that the dmd wallet can be a snapp (the apps avaiable at ubunto snappy appstore) that can be very easy updated by easy automated comparision of binaries and update of them (all non securiry relevant data no wallet.dat no peers.dat no diamond.conf)

we need to get this stuff out to non nerds

people where the highest of nerd skills is to be able plug in a power and a network cable
and start a VNC or remotedesktop connection to the hardware and there follow a easy howto that is placed on the desktop

diamondOS that we have already was a step in this direction a wallet on a stick

but still it block a whole PC and it isnt power efficent

a 5w power efficent small device that dont block ur PC is way better solution and can run 24/7

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:01:19 PM

even easier for the people would be selling the hardware with preinstalled software, or selling a bootable sdcard to be put into the device.
also a web interface would be killer.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 01:25:28 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 01:49:32 PM by cryptonit

even easier for the people would be selling the hardware with preinstalled software, or selling a bootable sdcard to be put into the device.

thats the plan
but this should be community project

but basical everything that is done for dmd diamond is done by  community

the dmd foundation is nothing else than a organisation of community people
who deep envolve themself and commit a lot dedication for dmd diamond related projects

but there is no rule that say dmd related projects are only done by foundation members

Mister1k

Activity: 896
Merit: 520

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 01:58:42 PM

I'm just throwing this out there but has anyone looked at the saffron coin wallet. Just amazing IMHO.
Fully fledged Internal block explorer.*
Fully fledged twitter feed.
Fully fledged IRC
Fully fledged internal  exchanges (bittrex and Cryptsy)*
Displays market cap and fiat price of coin. *
Anonoymous send by just an Alias 2ways. Wallet to wallet.*
A wallet that allows you to buy coins directly with fiat.
First coin to make use of webkit technology for qt wallets to display fully fledged web content.*
Just some amazing features.
If we had half of those features I think it would make these diamonds shine brighter.
Just a suggestion. No sense reinventing the wheel. Wink
Multi tasking wallet. Smiley i can see it now.
With all this wallet talk going on. I'm not suggesting all the features but its a pretty nice lookin wallet.
My picks* (maybe its not doable or wanted)
i'm not trying to promo Saffron.
Take a boo if your inclined.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=586320.0

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:17:33 PM
Last edit: February 24, 2015, 02:28:32 PM by shveicar

I'm just throwing this out there but has anyone looked at the saffron coin wallet. Just amazing IMHO.
Fully fledged IRC
Fully fledged internal  exchanges (bittrex and Cryptsy)*
First coin to make use of webkit technology for qt wallets to display fully fledged web content.*
If we had half of those features I think it would make these diamonds shine brighter.
With all this wallet talk going on. I'm not suggesting all the features but its a pretty nice lookin wallet.

The digitalcoin wallet also has a similar interface.
I think after a while are still many clones of each other acquire such technology.
But look at the price of these coins. can be clearly seen that these tricks do not help them to attract attention.
In addition, while not fully resolved the issue of safety when using the built-in browser in your wallet and it is an important point.
Community Diamond has much better plans for the future wallet than these imaginary improvement.

I would not be surprised if soon there will be integrated into the wallets with social network Smiley

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
CRYPTONAIRE

Activity: 527
Merit: 251

Quality Crypto Collector

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 02:29:50 PM

Fully fledged IRC

Sounds a lot like the Sterlingcoin wallet

FINANCECLOUD CRYPTO-HUB : by EUROPECOIN
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 03:12:51 PM

Fully fledged IRC

we know it we have it and many others on our radar
security is a major issue as soon as u start to link webservices running  inside ur wallet

what we want to see in the future is a simple and secure  minting wallet ideal for run it 24/7
and a optional nice improved feature mobile lightweight wallet
like example mycelium where just the keys are stored local but u use a online chain

this wallet would not be able to mint but is perfect suited for all other tasks

but at the moment any project is secondary in priority compared to DMD v3

any non mandatory update changes can be done later on when we have more time

RaginglikeaBoss

Activity: 302

Never before 11 P.M.

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 07:16:54 PM

thats the plan
but this should be community project

but basical everything that is done for dmd diamond is done by  community

the dmd foundation is nothing else than a organisation of community people
who deep envolve themself and commit a lot dedication for dmd diamond related projects

but there is no rule that say dmd related projects are only done by foundation members

I would happily get involved in this project.  Hardware/Sales/Customer support are some of my strong suits.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 24, 2015, 10:02:43 PM

I would happily get involved in this project.  Hardware/Sales/Customer support are some of my strong suits.

thats great i think miningfield will join the project once he finished some rl stuff
(he created the DiamondOS wallet on a stick)
maybe u find some more people to form a team

i would be very happy if we have the community take care of this project

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 10:52:35 PM

Naemnik   2,488,416 kh/s

Could this possibly be a groestl asic on Danbi's pool?  That is insane hash power....

utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 24, 2015, 11:15:37 PM
Last edit: February 25, 2015, 12:15:14 AM by utahjohn

Naemnik   2,488,416 kh/s

Could this possibly be a groestl asic on Danbi's pool?  That is insane hash power....
95 cards 280x could do it.  Cost/reward inefficient unless free electric LOL.  Proxy pool could do it too.  many miners pointed to one addr ... wafflepool did this proxy with a few coins ... not much different than yaamp/nicehash/westhash does.  Leaving them too fees ridiculous!   Grin  Prob just shut down 7950 miner on neo ... just did, cut my costs in half Smiley no sense mining for BTC when I can't buy DMD reasonably ...
Probably our pumper-dumper who insanely tries to keep price up and driving diff so high ...
I quit buying till this a****** leaves and lets market normalize again ... doing fine staking LARGE piles and mining a bit fewer coins with diff driven so high ...
LTCMAXMYR

Activity: 609
Merit: 500

DMD,XZC

View Profile
February 25, 2015, 02:04:32 AM

Naemnik   2,488,416 kh/s

Could this possibly be a groestl asic on Danbi's pool?  That is insane hash power....
LOL,2.5G is not big hashpower,i had 5G solo the wallet a few months ago,but now i use the POS,not POW.
when ASIC is running ,the speed will be similar to BTC miner,and it  should be 50G per minimal miner

Never buy any ICO altcoin.
Never buy any ASIC altcoin.
Pages: « 1 ... 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 [285] 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: