Bitcoin Forum
May 06, 2024, 04:45:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
stillontop

Activity: 134
Merit: 12

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 10:21:06 AM

You are right cryptonit. In the end it still is a one sided conversion business strategy, it removes any responsibility from the seller, which is not a good strategy for building trust.

DMD-Address: dQxRzzz1Ae8J46V7KGhvSrbngTodtp5fp7
Every time a block is mined, a certain amount of BTC (called the subsidy) is created out of thin air and given to the miner. The subsidy halves every four years and will reach 0 in about 130 years.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
chilo

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 12:43:43 PM

I think reactor was a great name and a bad idea, the connection to cloud mining was very wrong.

Few mine this coin because it takes to long to get any kind of reward even with good coin age.
It's crazy how long I have to wait for a few coins. Would rather not bother.

The value of 50% is stupid if you can't collect it.

I'm not a crypto maniac where I leave my computer running for the sake of a coin, although I don't mind connecting up from time to time. However with this coin it's pointless even connecting from time to time as there is no reward.

Reactor was an obvious failed attempt at a patch to an obvious problem.

Hi people,

I strongly disagree with this type of sentiment, and believe the best part of reactor was the link to cloudmining. Why should those people who support buy pressure on DMD not be rewarded with opportunity? If you choose only to mine directly or buy directly, you are rewarded with the results of increasing buy pressure from the cloudmining venture. Nothing stops anyone investing in Cloudmining so that they could enjoy the benefit. And the negative comments  regarding the cloudmining were uncalled for. Cloudmining to convert btc to dmd is a great piece of forward thinking.

I don't mind the idea of decentralising the process, but the link to cloudmining was awesome. It is only a parasitic mindset that denies the right to benefit for those with increased support to DMD while reaping the associated benefits.
Mine or buy, then sit and wait for others to earn your future? I also object to people complaining about the DMD management managing the future of DMD. This is their role and they are committed.

To those who didn't like the Reactor setup, but supported management in making the decision, full kudos.

I trust our leadership is making the right decision shelving the reactor so as to pursue better outcomes with other opportunities.

Regards

chilo

popshot (OP)

Activity: 774
Merit: 554

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 01:32:38 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 04:03:08 PM by popshot

I think reactor was a great name and a bad idea, the connection to cloud mining was very wrong.

Few mine this coin because it takes to long to get any kind of reward even with good coin age.

I'm not a crypto maniac where I leave my computer running for the sake of a coin, although I don't mind connecting up from time to time. However with this coin it's pointless even connecting from time to time as there is no reward.

Hi people,

I strongly disagree with this type of sentiment, and believe the best part of reactor was the link to cloudmining. Why should those people who support buy pressure on DMD not be rewarded with opportunity? If you choose only to mine directly or buy directly, you are rewarded with the results of increasing buy pressure from the cloudmining venture. Nothing stops anyone investing in Cloudmining so that they could enjoy the benefit. And the negative comments  regarding the cloudmining were uncalled for. Cloudmining to convert btc to dmd is a great piece of forward thinking.

I don't mind the idea of decentralising the process, but the link to cloudmining was awesome. It is only a parasitic mindset that denies the right to benefit for those with increased support to DMD while reaping the associated benefits.
Mine or buy, then sit and wait for others to earn your future? I also object to people complaining about the DMD management managing the future of DMD. This is their role and they are committed.

To those who didn't like the Reactor setup, but supported management in making the decision, full kudos.

I trust our leadership is making the right decision shelving the reactor so as to pursue better outcomes with other opportunities.

Regards

chilo

Well said chilo. The reasoning behind the Reactor is still sound and presents alternative if our other attempts fail, which I hope won't (together with the team will do our best to deliver).
It wasn't light decision to take especially after the amount of coding that went at the back end to integrate everything.

However, it would be great to see those suddenly active community members, who voiced their concerns about the Reactor so strongly and had programming knowledge, to really show their support when the time comes, and translate talk into meaningful action.

pokeytex
Legendary

Activity: 1504
Merit: 1002

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 01:51:59 PM

Hi people,

I strongly disagree with this type of sentiment, and believe the best part of reactor was the link to cloudmining. Why should those people who support buy pressure on DMD not be rewarded with opportunity? If you choose only to mine directly or buy directly, you are rewarded with the results of increasing buy pressure from the cloudmining venture. Nothing stops anyone investing in Cloudmining so that they could enjoy the benefit. And the negative comments  regarding the cloudmining were uncalled for. Cloudmining to convert btc to dmd is a great piece of forward thinking.

Regards

chilo

+1 - Chilo - you are well spoken/written.  I couldn't agree more.

Boffin1818

Activity: 26
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:17:53 PM

A couple of things on the reactor project that I don't understand from the people that seemed to take issue with it. 

From all your statements and posts. 
Everyone seemed to complain how it wasn't fair. 
Correct me if I am batsh*t crazy, but cloudmining is open and available to EVERYONE. 
Those that took the risk are the ones that the community are happily letting create part of the DMD stabilization mechanism. Yet if they are given more of an opportunity the community is outraged?   WHY?  The individuals of cloudmining took the risk/reward opportunity that was community wide!
One could easily invest the cost of 1 gpu or less and have cloudmining for the future.  Yet I see the ones that stomped their feet and cried foul the loudest are not part of cloudmining and don't have the 1500 DMD to risk.   I mine DMD everyday 24/7, I am rewarded with fresh minted coins.
I chose to invest in Cloudmining and I receive coins everyday. 
The reactor, I would invest and risk 1500 DMD for 280 days to have 4500 at the end. An opportunity,  I could also have nothing by the end if the wallet was compromised.
The first round was open to cloudmining investors....   Is that the sticking point?  How does a dev team prevent giving a resource of generating more coins out of insta dump miners that destroy price.  Look at every coin on cryptsy.  They are all rushing toward 0. LTC? DRK....

Every investment involves some sort of risk.   There is a needed payoff for the risk taken. 
I don't see what the heartburn is about the reactor.   Please give me a sound, well thought out response on this.  Not some lame it isn't fair or centralizes the network BS. 
DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:50:01 PM

Hi people,

Regards

chilo

[/quote]

Let's be honest.  cloudmining BTC to buy DMD to boost the value of DMD is creating an artificial economy for DMD.  Yes, this is good for anyone who holds DMD.  But I am pretty sure if we were in a regulated market this will be illegal.   Then to argue that those who support cloudminging because it works this way deserves a bigger reward is ridiculous.  ANYONE who mines, buys and holds their DMDs is assisting in creating value for DMDs.  If the miners unload all their DMDs, the value will drop significantly and cloudmining cannot stop that.  This scheme only works because volume is so low.  I am not against cloudmining.  It has clearly resulted in a higher value for DMDs but investors in cloudmining are getting their reward from blocks found.  Creating an incentive for others to invest in cloudmining using the currency itself is wrong.  It surprises me that some people don't see this.

I think any mechanism you set up should not favor any one DMD investor over another.  That seems to be completely contradictory to the principals of cryptocoining.  If the owners of the cloudmining service want to pay the reward out of their own pockets, that's up to them, but to create a facility to do it within the mechanics of the coin is unethical.  Its a conflict of interest because those running cloudmining also run DMD.  I read comments where people say, "I trust so-and-so".  I we were talking about a stock, a commodity or US dollars on a regulated exchange, would you make that same statement?  Do you think people trusted the operators of Mt. Gox?   Its not about trust.  Its about running this currency like professionals in an above board, unquestioned way.  Outside investors and commerce partners need to see this if we want them to work with us.

I know they people running DMD have tried to drive this coin into commerce but no one is going to exchange a product or service for a currency that has no controls, no operating principals and no stability.  At the end of the day its about putting food on the table which means its about money.  We should always operate as if we are a well regulated issuers of a currency.

Personally, I don't care either way.  I invest my time and resources into mining DMD with the intent of recouping my investment and hopefully making a profit.  But I have no delusions about DMD.  In about 6 months the reward will drop to .1 and I have no idea what the difficulty will rise to before then.  From a profitability perspective mining will be so far underwater for GPU miners it would be insane to mine this coin.  Perhaps ASICs can save them but that would involved yet another financial investment.  

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:52:18 PM

A couple of things on the reactor project that I don't understand from the people that seemed to take issue with it. 

Correct me if I am batsh*t crazy, but cloudmining is open and available to EVERYONE. 
Those that took the risk are the ones that the community are happily letting create part of the DMD stabilization mechanism. Yet if they are given more of an opportunity the community is outraged?   WHY?  The individuals of cloudmining took the risk/reward opportunity that was community wide!
One could easily invest the cost of 1 gpu or less and have cloudmining for the future.  Yet I see the ones that stomped their feet and cried foul the loudest are not part of cloudmining and don't have the 1500 DMD to risk.   I mine DMD everyday 24/7, I am rewarded with fresh minted coins.
The reactor, I would invest and risk 1500 DMD for 280 days to have 4500 at the end. An opportunity,  I could also have nothing by the end if the wallet was compromised.
The first round was open to cloudmining investors....   Is that the sticking point?  How does a dev team prevent giving a resource of generating more coins out of insta dump miners that destroy price.  Look at every coin on cryptsy.  They are all rushing toward 0. LTC? DRK....

Every investment involves some sort of risk.   There is a needed payoff for the risk taken. 
I don't see what the heartburn is about the reactor.   Please give me a sound, well thought out response on this.  Not some lame it isn't fair or centralizes the network BS. 

Boffin - here here - agree entirely.  I am not sure where all of the whining came from?  If people don't want to invest they don't have to.  I would have gladly bought up more of the reactor slots so that we could have gotten it started as I am sure others would have.  Locking up 100,000 DMD in a stake vehicle would have been nice and slowly released DMD's to us.  I hope the Dev team wasn't strong armed into canceling this project.  Because those of us with a stake in the project (I will assume the majority) were for the reactor!  Anyway - I am along for the ride.  Let's see where this thing can go.

pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:58:56 PM

Hi people,

Regards

chilo

Let's be honest.  cloudmining BTC to buy DMD to boost the value of DMD is creating an artificial economy for DMD.  Yes, this is good for anyone who holds DMD.  But I am pretty sure if we were in a regulated market this will be illegal.   Then to argue that those who support cloudminging because it works this way deserves a bigger reward is ridiculous.  ANYONE who mines, buys and holds their DMDs is assisting in creating value for DMDs.  If the miners unload all their DMDs, the value will drop significantly and cloudmining cannot stop that.  This scheme only works because volume is so low.  I am not against cloudmining.  It has clearly resulted in a higher value for DMDs but investors in cloudmining are getting their reward from blocks found.  Creating an incentive for others to invest in cloudmining using the currency itself is wrong.  It surprises me that some people don't see this.

I think any mechanism you set up should not favor any one DMD investor over another.  That seems to be completely contradictory to the principals of cryptocoining.  If the owners of the cloudmining service want to pay the reward out of their own pockets, that's up to them, but to create a facility to do it within the mechanics of the coin is unethical.  Its a conflict of interest because those running cloudmining also run DMD.  I read comments where people say, "I trust so-and-so".  I we were talking about a stock, a commodity or US dollars on a regulated exchange, would you make that same statement?  Do you think people trusted the operators of Mt. Gox?   Its not about trust.  Its about running this currency like professionals in an above board, unquestioned way.  Outside investors and commerce partners need to see this if we want them to work with us.

I know they people running DMD have tried to drive this coin into commerce but no one is going to exchange a product or service for a currency that has no controls, no operating principals and no stability.  At the end of the day its about putting food on the table which means its about money.  We should always operate as if we are a well regulated issuers of a currency.

Personally, I don't care either way.  I invest my time and resources into mining DMD with the intent of recouping my investment and hopefully making a profit.  But I have no delusions about DMD.  In about 6 months the reward will drop to .1 and I have no idea what the difficulty will rise to before then.  From a profitability perspective mining will be so far underwater for GPU miners it would be insane to mine this coin.  Perhaps ASICs can save them but that would involved yet another financial investment.  

[/quote]

DMDCreeper - I like how you wrote what you did.  It makes sense when laid out that way and doesn't seem like a rant.  Maybe I am missing something in terms of the reactor and how it would affect others.  I have no problem with the cloud mining service creating buy pressure on the coin because there is not a lot of volume to be had anyway.  The cloud mining mechanism is needed until the community gets larger and the coin becomes useable which in turn will create demand.  I think what the Dev's have planned for this coin can help create that demand.

DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 04:59:19 PM

So you think its okay for the people who run this coin to set up a cloudmining service which they also run and profit from, then change the currency mechanics to offer a higher reward for the people who invest in their service?  Your argument is we can all invest in this scheme to enrich the people who run the cloudmining service and the currency at the same time?  You see no conlfict of interest in this?

Like I said earlier, if the cloudmining operators want to give a higher reward for Cloudmining investors they should take it out of their own pockets.  Changing the rules of the currency to attract investors because they can is just plain unethical.  

And for the record, I can afford to invest in cloudmining but I choose not to.  Its equally interesting to see the ones who support this scheme the most are the ones who invested in Cloudmining and benefit the most.

pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:00:40 PM

Hi people,

I strongly disagree with this type of sentiment, and believe the best part of reactor was the link to cloudmining. Why should those people who support buy pressure on DMD not be rewarded with opportunity? If you choose only to mine directly or buy directly, you are rewarded with the results of increasing buy pressure from the cloudmining venture. Nothing stops anyone investing in Cloudmining so that they could enjoy the benefit. And the negative comments  regarding the cloudmining were uncalled for. Cloudmining to convert btc to dmd is a great piece of forward thinking.

Regards

chilo

Well said chilo. The reasoning behind the Reactor is still sound and presents alternative if our other attempts fail, which I hope won't (together with the team will do our best to deliver).
It wasn't light decision to take especially after the amount of coding that went at the back end to integrate everything.

However, it would be great to see those suddenly active community members, who voiced their concerns about the Reactor so strongly and had programming knowledge, to really show their support when the time comes, and translate talk into meaningful action.

That sounds like me. But how can I help if you do all yourself without telling anyone and just show us the finished product? Why must it be a mistery?

cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 05:03:21 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 05:58:39 PM by cryptonit

how can I help if you do all yourself without telling anyone and just show us the finished product? Why must it be a mistery?

so we open our mind and let u see what we think about the future
lets see if there are people in our community which think that they could support us make this happen

we went back in the lab and try to find a decentralized
solution but that still should be connected to dmd cloudmining shares

to make this happen dmd cloudmining shares must be visible in the blockchain

and following this ideas

fast things like assets and maybe even smart contracts come into ur mind

basical the stuff that people call core ideas of bitcoin v2

and all that work to run only one or two assets (cloud and reactor)

for sure not if we establish things that would be able run this we would find ways to allow other projects to run on it too

that the future will go into this direction is clear

the question is with what speed.......

and there we all look and wait for alex and news from his networking with cryptobusiness big players

everyone with a bit realistic view on development times know we talking here about months and not weeks

reactor in the form we designed it would have been active in a few weeks

but u want to go the long path and the high sophisticated decentralized solution

we hear u and go for it and beyond.......

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
big_coins

Activity: 175

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 05:09:52 PM

this 'cloudmining' should have zero to do with future development of DMD and needs to be ignored.

Does bitcoin change its code to cater for Nicehash ?

Just focus on community not one single person and all will be good.
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 05:19:47 PM

this 'cloudmining' should have zero to do with future development of DMD and needs to be ignored.

Does bitcoin change its code to cater for Nicehash ?

Just focus on community not one single person and all will be good.

that say the miner who sell his coin at 3x the price because of DMD cloudmining

that guy who want to profit from other peoples investment and dont contribute himself

and dont call ur mining contribution

because same amount of coins is rolled out each day with or without ur hashrate

so u not contribute for the coin because the coin dont need u

u just work for ur own wallet

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 05:37:42 PM
Last edit: February 07, 2015, 01:02:37 AM by popshot

That sounds like me. But how can I help if you do all yourself without telling anyone and just show us the finished product? Why must it be a mystery?

That's the thing, we don't want to do everything by ourselves, it's counter-productive. Foundation is open to people making input.      

It must be a mystery, because it's a competitive market; ultimately everything is open source so there's nothing to hide, but until then it's worth being cautious.  

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 06:13:01 PM
Last edit: January 31, 2015, 06:37:45 PM by cryptonit

i hear u.....

one of the most interesting feedbacks from the no reactor fraction

when i say reactor might come

i can also say it might come in another way that dont affect people outside of dmd cloudmining

example we could accept DMD to buy dmdm cloudmining shares

and we could put that DMD into the reactor

give me ur feedback on this

this kind of reactor we could launch with very low coding effort

and not touch dmd wallet code at all

it would be just a normal staking wallet

this way reactor and dmd wallet development will be two total separate topics

--------------

still the path towards bitcoin v2 is a goal

should be for any coin

but not many coins are able to transform themself towards this new level

we see this as another way to filter out coins from market which are not fit for the future

--------------

it also means we need not only 1 company but there are two organisations needed

DMD Diamond Foundation (there would be wallet development)

Diamond Crypto Invest (there would be dmd cloudmining + reactor but also new other crypto investments products)

i think as it is now lot of our core people would be part of both
but i really hope that this awakening  of people here in community after we released our reactor plan
lead to some of them with loud voices to step up and say "we want to join DMD Diamond Foundation"

big_coins

Activity: 175

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 06:45:43 PM

as long as only 1 wallet with same functionality for ALL.

Please keep your mining separate from the Foundation and dev effort.
pokeytex
Legendary

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 07:30:57 PM

i hear u.....

one of the most interesting feedbacks from the no reactor fraction

when i say reactor might come

i can also say it might come in another way that dont affect people outside of dmd cloudmining

example we could accept DMD to buy dmdm cloudmining shares

and we could put that DMD into the reactor

give me ur feedback on this

this kind of reactor we could launch with very low coding effort

and not touch dmd wallet code at all

it would be just a normal staking wallet

this way reactor and dmd wallet development will be two total separate topics

--------------

still the path towards bitcoin v2 is a goal

should be for any coin

but not many coins are able to transform themself towards this new level

we see this as another way to filter out coins from market which are not fit for the future

--------------

it also means we need not only 1 company but there are two organisations needed

DMD Diamond Foundation (there would be wallet development)

Diamond Crypto Invest (there would be dmd cloudmining + reactor but also new other crypto investments products)

i think as it is now lot of our core people would be part of both
but i really hope that this awakening  of people here in community after we released our reactor plan
lead to some of them with loud voices to step up and say "we want to join DMD Diamond Foundation"

Cryptonit - I like this idea too - the reality is that anyone that is mining the coin only is limited - so any other investment vehicle that helps increase the value of the coin is good in nature.  I would be interested in a DMD for shares plan that would ultimately make more DMD.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 31, 2015, 09:58:48 PM

Cryptonit - I like this idea too - the reality is that anyone that is mining the coin only is limited - so any other investment vehicle that helps increase the value of the coin is good in nature.  I would be interested in a DMD for shares plan that would ultimately make more DMD.

i talked a lot with alex about it

it basically would be great support for all dmd cloudmining shareholders
but for the investor via DMD it make only sence if he hold already a lot dmd cloudmining shares
and if he dont invest more than like 30% of his DMD this way

it have to be seen more as a supportive act for dmd cloudmining

im happy if some people want to join but i dont accept coins before the solution is ready

and much more important before we really sure we make it  Roll Eyes

digi123

Activity: 236

View Profile
January 31, 2015, 11:59:07 PM

Hi people,

Regards

chilo

If you can't give negative comments about something that you see wrong or disagree with in some way then what is the point.
If I disagree I'm happy to say so. It's also called feedback.
I find it hard to understand why people couldn't see the conflict of interest in the original Reactor.
The "parasitic mindset" comment is just uncalled for.

I have always been more than happy with the management, and efforts of the management of this coin.

Anyone who holds dmd effectively is backing it and behind it. If just a million people held it the dynamics would be enormously different.
Apart from the basic makeup of the coin. It needs to get out of the crypto limited world and into wider communities and made usable in real world trade of goods and services.

popshot (OP)

CEO Diamond Foundation

View Profile WWW
February 01, 2015, 12:54:06 AM

If you can't give negative comments about something that you see wrong or disagree with in some way then what is the point.
If I disagree I'm happy to say so. It's also called feedback.
I find it hard to understand why people couldn't see the conflict of interest in the original Reactor.
The "parasitic mindset" comment is just uncalled for.

I have always been more than happy with the management, and efforts of the management of this coin.

Anyone who holds dmd effectively is backing it and behind it. If just a million people held it the dynamics would be enormously different.
Apart from the basic makeup of the coin. It needs to get out of the crypto limited world and into wider communities and made usable in real world trade of goods and services.

I don't understand your first point. I think I was pretty clear about my intentions and thoughts.
This is crypto, this is a place where things change instantly, and we had this moment just now.

Conflict of interest comes only from not seeing from the other perspective.

Regarding the other statement, please be patient. Persistence is the key, and we have it and looking for a door to unlock.  

Pages: « 1 ... 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 [265] 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: