Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 05:35:34 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 862 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ¤ DMD Diamond 3.0 | Scarce ¤ Valuable ¤ Secure | PoS 3.0 | Masternodes 65%  (Read 1260275 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 09:36:58 PM

block reward reduction to 0.1 will have major effect on value of DMD as miners drop out of the game, but diff will drop too so keep mining unless something really bad happens Smiley  I expect price to rise 8-10x but that is bad for buyers.  So your mined coins become an even more desired resource Smiley

didnt happen with DOGE halvening. price actually dropped.

doge have no mechanic that reward holding coins

so its sitting on exchange and be a play ball of day trading

for this trading games the new generated coins each day are not the most important factor

special if endless billion coins are existing at exchanges already

try buy 20k DMD u and will understand that kind of trading games are impossible with DMD

and will be way more once the sold DMD from miners will reduce 90%

we will go through a lot pump and dump waves because people will try to cash out even at small value increase as we see now too

but the trend will go upwards same as now and a negative effect a block reward reduction on coin value is absolute nonsence
if a coin lose value even with a block reward reduction than that just show it would have lost far more without the reduction

http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/dmd/btc/cryptsy/6-months

september (start of cloud) until yet is a beautiful slow but steady value growth follow the orange line not much coins have such a stable development

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 10:09:53 PM

here another great example of group stake that merge coin pile automatic together when minting a block
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/block.dws?799578.htm
show me another POS coin that act this way to automated remove small coin pile and remove dust

Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 18, 2015, 10:13:04 PM

and here another interesting wallet
https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/address.dws?107821.htm
seems someone found the ON switch

shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
February 18, 2015, 11:59:54 PM

block reward reduction to 0.1 will have major effect on value of DMD as miners drop out of the game, but diff will drop too so keep mining unless something really bad happens Smiley  I expect price to rise 8-10x but that is bad for buyers.  So your mined coins become an even more desired resource Smiley

for this trading games the new generated coins each day are not the most important factor

try buy 20k DMD u and will understand that kind of trading games are impossible with DMD

we will go through a lot pump and dump waves because people will try to cash out even at small value increase as we see now too

but the trend will go upwards same as now and a negative effect a block reward reduction on coin value is absolute nonsence
if a coin lose value even with a block reward reduction than that just show it would have lost far more without the reduction

september (start of cloud) until yet is a beautiful slow but steady value growth follow the orange line not much coins have such a stable development

Some people just forgot what was the creation of crypto currency.
 They think they can get rich on speculation buying and selling coins at the difference of the course.
 Diamond is not made for speculation. Over time, its volatility will only fall.
This will occur even if a significant (10-fold) decrease reward in block POS.
But it will not be soon, and now everyone has the chance to increase their wealth holding wallet in the POS mode generation.
 For speculation, there is a empty coin type doge, reddcoin and other debris. Smiley

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
DMDCreeper

Activity: 416
Merit: 270

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:22:15 AM

They think they can get rich on speculation buying and selling coins at the difference of the course.
But it will not be soon, and now everyone has the chance to increase their wealth holding wallet in the POS mode generation.
 For speculation, there is a empty coin type doge, reddcoin and other debris. Smiley

The value of these coins is based on buy pressure.  The volatility is based on sell pressure.  These coins are all like tiny encapsulated markets. It does not take much to drive the price down or up.  The fewer people creating transactions the more volatile the price will be.  I have been involved in a number of crypto coins and optimism of every coin among its miners/holders is always the same.  Litecoins were going to be the silver currency to BTC's gold currency.  Doge had a great marketing plan and even a stock car painted in the Doge logo.  All the cutesy Doge lingo didn't help the coin increase or maintain its value.  Vertcoin was going to be the next big thing because its algorythm was ASIC proof. 

I have been there so many times already and I have heard the same thing so many times already. 
shveicar
Legendary

Activity: 1414
Merit: 1013

DMD info: https://diamond-info.github.io/

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 01:32:38 AM

The value of these coins is based on buy pressure.  The volatility is based on sell pressure.  These coins are all like tiny encapsulated markets. It does not take much to drive the price down or up.  The fewer people creating transactions the more volatile the price will be.  I have been involved in a number of crypto coins and optimism of every coin among its miners/holders is always the same.  Litecoins were going to be the silver currency to BTC's gold currency.  Doge had a great marketing plan and even a stock car painted in the Doge logo.  All the cutesy Doge lingo didn't help the coin increase or maintain its value.  Vertcoin was going to be the next big thing because its algorythm was ASIC proof. 

I have been there so many times already and I have heard the same thing so many times already. 

The main importance is the total number of coins and the reward in the block.
In the Diamond is practically perfect combination of these properties.
 In general can be compared with LTC 80 million coins and Diamonds which will only be 4.3 million. About clown doge I generally not speak.
This is a silly joke has become a plaything in the hands of speculators.
 After the merger of network blocks doge and LTC relation to litecoin many investors has changed dramatically.

Diamond The best investment in your future! ✧ it's 35% POS and 65% Msternode ✧
utahjohn

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 03:11:54 AM

I'm guessing dHdG4Q ... is DMDcreeper as I see a major hashrate increase Smiley
utahjohn

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:36:33 AM

@dZ9RP3p3...
on donkeypool I see u are getting 100% rejects
add "difficulty-multiplier" : "0.0039062500", to your config file or
-difficulty-multiplier 0.0039062500 to command line
utahjohn

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:54:05 AM

@DMDcreeper
just out of curiosity what is the population of your mining farm and stats on different cards Smiley
DMDCreeper

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 05:35:17 PM

@DMDcreeper
just out of curiosity what is the population of your mining farm and stats on different cards Smiley

For DMD Mining I have 7 R9 290s and 1 R9 280x spread between two rigs. 
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 06:09:48 PM

@DMDcreeper

and free power i hope this beasts eat a lot kwh  Shocked

i sold all my 6x 280s and replaced them with 9x 750ti
only my main pc have 2x 290 watercooled

but from time to time i relax there with a game and i did keep the gpu mainly for that

no in winter i still mine with the 290 nice extra heating for the room

but in summer sure only 750ti will run

DMDCreeper

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 06:33:58 PM

@DMDcreeper

and free power i hope this beasts eat a lot kwh  Shocked

but from time to time i relax there with a game and i did keep the gpu mainly for that

I bought almost all the 290s to mine Litecoins when you could mine LTC with GPUs.  I almost paid for them with LTC, Doge and VTC.  At this point I have paid off my capital investment for equipment.  However, as you pointed out, these devices consume power like I eat potato chips.  They will also eat PSUs if you drive the cards to hard.  I have been lucky because all of my GPUs have survived two years of constant mining at full power.   

utahjohn

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 08:10:57 PM
Last edit: February 19, 2015, 09:57:58 PM by utahjohn

@DMDcreeper

and free power i hope this beasts eat a lot kwh  Shocked

I bought almost all the 290s to mine Litecoins when you could mine LTC with GPUs.  I almost paid for them with LTC, Doge and VTC.  At this point I have paid off my capital investment for equipment.  However, as you pointed out, these devices consume power like I eat potato chips.  They will also eat PSUs if you drive the cards to hard.  I have been lucky because all of my GPUs have survived two years of constant mining at full power.  
An impressive farm but I chose 280x for best hash/power usage ... 290x rocks if u can afford to operate it LOL, glad u were able to use hetpas to generate kernel for it Smiley share it with community Smiley
Dunno if realhet still active to post it his site, but there are plenty of other sharing sites Mega ....
DiamondTahiti.elf should work on all Tahiti cards except my 7950 which is harware locked and I can not change mem clock (lower=better because it does not use card mem, added heat = lower OC potential)

Pallas can confirm some cards hardware locked Sad

Anybody can beat me 26.02MHs on 280x bounty 1 DMD

Which brings me to another point, if groestl can be done register only on GPU this is a problem, simple ASIC register only, nscrypt tried to fight this with high mem requirement but ...!
Not sure where to go with this but DMD is not ASIC resistant Sad
cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 09:56:43 PM

Which brings me to another point, if groesl can be done register only on GPU this is a problem, simple ASIC register only, nscrypt tried to fight this with high mem requirement but ...!
Not sure where to go with this but DMD is not ASIC resistant Sad

and who will build a asic for a algo where the most rewarding coin reduce pow rewards by 90% soon

asic is no danger and chinese fpga are already here but they too will leave at reward reduction

utahjohn

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 09:59:16 PM

Thx for reassurance C Smiley
pallas
Legendary

Activity: 2716
Merit: 1094

Black Belt Developer

View Profile
February 19, 2015, 10:43:11 PM

At least 8 KB of memory are needed for groestl. Not using global ram doesn't equal register only. In my case I'm using part local ram and part memory cache. Same for hetpas.
With bitslice you can reduce memory usage further but not completely.
Still asic can be done if enough volume, which is not the case with DMD IMHO. And with the other coins of the same algo which are dead or almost dead it's even more so.

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 10:47:10 PM

At least 8 KB of memory are needed for groestl. Not using global ram doesn't equal register only. In my case I'm using part local ram and part memory cache. Same for hetpas.
Still asic can be done if enough volume, which is not the case with DMD IMHO. And with the other coins of the same algo which are dead or almost dead it's even more so.

fact is if someone make a dmd groestl asic without ask us for permission we can easy change a bit in algo and all his chips are worthless

noone will risc that

cryptonit
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 19, 2015, 10:51:26 PM

https://chainz.cryptoid.info/dmd/address.dws?107821.htm

as u can see reactor work great
its not to late to join the doors are always open

already over 70k in reactor that is over 8% of total coins!
this will is the biggest 24/7 wallet and as such a backbone of POS securitry

thx to all who contribute!

still possible to join in this reactor have endless capacity
everyone can join in whenever he want minimum 500 dmd

we start to fill reactor dXy7o5vdbHYhozeiNCWUyziJM8JaLYe35H now
please PM me when u send  coins with tx id and

for option1 the address coins send from is the address coins returned after 12 month
(if u dont accept bounty that we might offer for lend longer after 12 months)

for option2 make sure u tell me what dmd cloudmining wallet should get the shares added
as value i use always last visible price from here
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/dmd/btc/cryptsy/6-months (this is a average price)
http://www.cryptocoincharts.info/pair/btc/usd/cryptsy/6-months   (this is a average price)
to calculate the amount of shares

------------------------------------

for now we have "lend" coins option 1

35k helmut/cryptonit deposit received
10k alex/popshot deposit received
2.5k anonymousG deposit received
2.5k chilo deposit received
1.5k Eliano deposit received
5k anonymousA deposit received
1.5k stoody deposit received
1k anonymousI deposit received
0.6 anonymousD deposit received
0.25 stillontop deposit received

and invested coins option 2

2.5k anonymousG deposit received
3.3k anonymousJ deposit received
1k chilo deposit received
2k anonymousA deposit received
1k lecaillou deposit received
0.6 anonymousD deposit received

--------------------
total 70.25 k

-------------------

That Guy

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 12:55:39 AM

fact is if someone make a dmd groestl asic without ask us for permission we can easy change a bit in algo and all his chips are worthless

noone will risc that

Well that's not a guarantee though, it would require a hardfork to do, and then see which one would be supported by the community, there are various reasons having ASICs on the network can help. At the moment we have less than 1000 people holding most all the coins that have been created, so although not bad, its not great, and means there won't be much demand for usage, even if all 1000 of us wanted to use it as a currency right now.

ASICs can help with continuing to mine on the network with high hashrate, and if we are able to make the price worthwhile, by making it worth mining at 0.1 reward, it would mean the coin would be in good standing in regards to desirability, security and support. These ASICs then drop these coins on exchanges, creating liquidity and distribution.

I'm currently undecided on which direction would be best, but don't want to count ASICs out of the picture at this time, as there are still issues with the current POS system that need to be addressed, although granted the Diamond network has been very stable since its revival over a year ago, and although it has survived many various attacks on the network, I still wonder if its just a matter of time before it draws the attention of someone who can make the network look unsecure.

Either way, I'll continue to keep my jar of mined only DMDs, staking.

"Sharks are winners, and they don't look back because they have no necks. Necks are for sheep." -That Guy
DMDCreeper

View Profile
February 20, 2015, 02:01:28 AM

noone will risc that

Well that's not a guarantee though, it would require a hardfork to do, and then see which one would be supported by the community, there are various reasons having ASICs on the network can help. At the moment we have less than 1000 people holding most all the coins that have been created, so although not bad, its not great, and means there won't be much demand for usage, even if all 1000 of us wanted to use it as a currency right now.

ASICs can help with continuing to mine on the network with high hashrate, and if we are able to make the price worthwhile, by making it worth mining at 0.1 reward, it would mean the coin would be in good standing in regards to desirability, security and support. These ASICs then drop these coins on exchanges, creating liquidity and distribution.

I'm currently undecided on which direction would be best, but don't want to count ASICs out of the picture at this time, as there are still issues with the current POS system that need to be addressed, although granted the Diamond network has been very stable since its revival over a year ago, and although it has survived many various attacks on the network, I still wonder if its just a matter of time before it draws the attention of someone who can make the network look unsecure.

Either way, I'll continue to keep my jar of mined only DMDs, staking.

Finally someone that understand markets! 
Pages: « 1 ... 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 [280] 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 ... 862 »
  Print  

Jump to: