Bitcoin Forum
April 24, 2024, 02:29:54 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 [982] 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 ... 2123 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency  (Read 4667060 times)
numismatist
Legendary

Activity: 1245
Merit: 1004

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 02:55:48 PM

Ultimately we aren't preventing anyone from writing an additional implementation and submitting a PR, and we will at the very least have a BerkleyDB fall-back implementation for environments that don't play well with large MMAPs.

Hmm... BerkleyDB is a typo? Bitcoin itself had migrated from BerkleyDB to LevelDB...

Meanwhiles, on http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined/ MonaCoin gets ready to buypass Monero, just mentioning. Rises 9.20 % whereas Monero does -7.17 %

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
fluffypony
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060

GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 02:58:39 PM

Code:
get_bulk_payments(json_encode(array('min_block_height'=>399206)));

When can we expect this function to work with only min_block_height parameter in the pre-built libraries?

That's not really on our radar; get_bulk_payments is for scanning payment IDs you already know. A general scan of the wallet would be using the incoming_transfers call.

get_bulk_payments does give information like block height/payment id for the incoming tx (which you want to know if you want to wait for N confirmations before crediting), and has a min_block_height which hte other doesn't. So using incoming_transfers would need one such call plus a call per new incoming tx to get that other data.

What I mean is that we won't be providing a get_bulk_payments call that doesn't take a list of payment IDs (at this stage). We are designing a successor to the payment ID protocol, but typically speaking you will still need to know what you're scanning for (whether it is a payment ID "generated" by the recipient or one given to the recipient by the sender).

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 05:19:22 PM

Ultimately we aren't preventing anyone from writing an additional implementation and submitting a PR, and we will at the very least have a BerkleyDB fall-back implementation for environments that don't play well with large MMAPs.

Hmm... BerkleyDB is a typo? Bitcoin itself had migrated from BerkleyDB to LevelDB...

Meanwhiles, on http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/views/filter-non-mineable-and-premined/ MonaCoin gets ready to buypass Monero, just mentioning. Rises 9.20 % whereas Monero does -7.17 %

https://www.allcoin.com/trade/MONA_BTC

p.n.d.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 06:01:15 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2015, 06:32:54 PM by David Latapie

I see one use of multiple addresses: when you don't want to know that two transactions go to the same address (like if you don't want people to find you by googling your address which is on bitcointalk signature of profile, or openalias, for instance).
But since there is no much of these needs, you may as well just use a second wallet.

It doesn't matter if your address is known, as it's impossible (with our current cryptography) to analyse the blockchain and find transactions you were involved in. Even if that was possible it still wouldn't be disastrous, as all that can be observed are transactions you *may or may not* have been involved in (thanks to ring signatures). The only time multiple wallets are necessary are for separating your personal and business accounts, for instance, or for a company that wants each department to have its own address and accounts.
I was more thinking about the same address being a signature on weloveteddybears.com and gunenthusiast.com.

Pippo, to decide about Monero:

1. Follow this link: https://xmrmonero.com/faq/en/monero-matters
2. Follow all the links (some are just one post to read,not the whole thread)

If you are interested in the vision and the philosophy of the dev team, I recommand you "Three Pillars of Monero" if you want to know about the vision and spirit
If you are more interested in "Monero vs Darkcoin", read my comment on "Darkcoin, Anoncoin, Shadowcash, Monero"

You should have a good summary. We are working on creating a more consolidated document.

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:46:59 PM

I was more thinking about the same address being a signature on weloveteddybears.com and gunenthusiast.com.

It would certainly be a good idea for those to use different addresses, except perhaps in the case where they are both using third party payment processor, in which case sharing an address (with each other but also with many other businesses using the same payment processor) wouldn't mean anything at all.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

Activity: 1552
Merit: 1047

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:53:58 PM

Code:

When can we expect this function to work with only min_block_height parameter in the pre-built libraries?

That's not really on our radar; get_bulk_payments is for scanning payment IDs you already know. A general scan of the wallet would be using the incoming_transfers call.
I would like to make the application scalable, what is the best practice currently?

Getting transactions with incoming_transfers is fine, except the returned result will grow too large at some point? I guess with the parameter transfer_type "available" it won't be all that bad since most funds will be transferred elsewhere, but doesn't feel right to me. Also, is there any function to retrieve a payment_id with tx hash? without that this won't work anyways.

Polling get_bulk_payments with payment id's is fine too, except it will also grow too large at some point? As in, one may end up having to poll millions of payment ids. You could add the height parameter, but still, it just doesn't feel right having to run this through all payment_ids just to check for new transactions.

I'm thinking a simple get tx's/payment id's > height = new transactions for script to process.

Currently is seems to me I'll have to:
1. Record last checked height next to all payment ids in database.
2. Cron job traverse through all payment ids in database continuously checking for new tx's while also updating height

I must be missing something

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 08:56:46 PM

Code:

I would like to make the application scalable, what is the best practice currently?

Getting transactions with incoming_transfers is fine, except the returned result will grow too large at some point?

Maybe add an optional minimum height to incoming_transfers?
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:00:49 PM

Code:

Getting transactions with incoming_transfers is fine, except the returned result will grow too large at some point?

There is no such param atm afaik? Also that still leaves the other question, what function to get payment id from tx_id

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 09:08:32 PM

Code:

There is no such param atm afaik?

Yes, that's why I proposed adding one.

Also that still leaves the other question, what function to get payment id from tx_id

There doesn't seem to be one right now. You can get the tx in raw hex but you would have to decode it.

BTW, as far as I can tell from the code, if you do get_bulk_payments with an empty payment ID list you get all payments.

David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2015, 09:51:02 PM

I significantly updated the FAQ entry for OpenAlias

New entry is https://xmrmonero.com/faq/openalias
The text is the one from www.http://reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/2uv214/what_is_openalias/ with some extras
1. Step-by-step instructions on how to create your own alias (as requested on the Monero forum) and link to saddam's giveaway
2. Creating an OpenAlias for another cryptocurrency
3. OpenAlias and .bit (Namecoin), including a hint for those who don't have a domain name and don't want to spend several euros per year just for that

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2015, 11:29:27 PM

Code:

There is no such param atm afaik?

Yes, that's why I proposed adding one.
I would prefer to have minimum height implemented in get_bulk_payments so that you do not have to enter payment id's.

Also that still leaves the other question, what function to get payment id from tx_id

There doesn't seem to be one right now. You can get the tx in raw hex but you would have to decode it.

BTW, as far as I can tell from the code, if you do get_bulk_payments with an empty payment ID list you get all payments.

I thought so at first too, but it doesn't work, I have to specify payment id's otherwise nothing is returned...

Code:
Code:
$r = $wallet->get_bulk_payments(json_encode(array('payment_ids'=>array())));
var_dump($r);

$r = $wallet->get_bulk_payments(json_encode(array('min_block_height'=>399206)));
var_dump($r);

$r = $wallet->get_bulk_payments(json_encode(array('payment_ids'=>array(),'min_block_height'=>399206)));
var_dump($r);

$r = $wallet->get_bulk_payments(json_encode(array('payment_ids'=>null)));
var_dump($r);

$r = $wallet->get_bulk_payments(json_encode(array('payment_ids'=>null,'min_block_height'=>399206)));
var_dump($r);

Result:
Code:
array (size=0)
  empty

array (size=0)
  empty

array (size=0)
  empty

array (size=0)
  empty

array (size=0)
  empty

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:05:49 AM

I thought so at first too, but it doesn't work, I have to specify payment id's otherwise nothing is returned...

Try rebuilding the wallet
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:45:38 AM

I don't have any build environment atm so I'm just using the pre-built binaries for this, as I stated previously the idea is that once finished, the public can download the complete integration and pre-built binaries and quickly integrate with their own service. Instead of everyone trying to figure it out by themselves. I am not interested in using any functions not available in the pre-built binaries.

Fluffypony said it's not going to be added. But if it's already added, all I'm asking is for a release date and I'll finish it of later, I'm in no hurry.

This is the code isn't it?
Code:
 /* If the payment ID list is empty, we get payments to any payment ID (or lack thereof) */
if (req.payment_ids.empty())
{
std::list<std::pair<crypto::hash,wallet2::payment_details>> payment_list;
m_wallet.get_payments(payment_list, req.min_block_height);
for (auto & payment : payment_list)
{
wallet_rpc::payment_details rpc_payment;
rpc_payment.payment_id = epee::string_tools::pod_to_hex(payment.first);
rpc_payment.tx_hash = epee::string_tools::pod_to_hex(payment.second.m_tx_hash);
rpc_payment.amount = payment.second.m_amount;
rpc_payment.block_height = payment.second.m_block_height;
rpc_payment.unlock_time = payment.second.m_unlock_time;
res.payments.push_back(std::move(rpc_payment));
}
return true;
}

That's why I asked, because I thought this code was doing what I asked for (just not in the binaries yet), but fluffy said no:
Code:

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 12:51:34 AM

I don't have any build environment atm so I'm just using the pre-built binaries for this, as I stated previously the idea is that once finished, the public can download the complete integration and pre-built binaries and quickly integrate with their own service. Instead of everyone trying to figure it out by themselves. I am not interested in using any functions not available in the pre-built binaries.

Fluffypony said it's not going to be added. But if it's already added, all I'm asking is for a release date and I'll finish it of later, I'm in no hurry.

Fluffypony misunderstood either your inquiry or what had been added to the code, I'm not sure which.

When I said "rebuilding the wallet" I meant delete the wallet.bin file. (But this assume you are using the code that has support for the empty-list payment ID request.)

The list of payments is stored in the wallet.bin file and doesn't include payments without an ID if they were received and processed using the old code.

As far as a release date for the next official build of the code, I don't know. Maybe you can get a trusted person to create a custom build for you?
TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:13:16 AM

Fluffypony misunderstood either your inquiry or what had been added to the code, I'm not sure which.

When I said "rebuilding the wallet" I meant delete the wallet.bin file. (But this assume you are using the code that has support for the empty-list payment ID request.)

The list of payments is stored in the wallet.bin file and doesn't include payments without an ID if they were received and processed using the old code.

As far as a release date for the next official build of the code, I don't know. Maybe you can get a trusted person to create a custom build for you?

Right, I just tried rebuilding the wallet, doesn't work. I'm running version 0.8.8.6. No worries, I'm just going to wait until the new release is out. But it would be great if fluffy could confirm this, because if it turns out this code will not be added, I will just go ahead with the proposed solution even though it's not optimal.

smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:22:08 AM

Right, I just tried rebuilding the wallet, doesn't work. I'm running version 0.8.8.6.

Yes that's right. Version 0.8.8.6 is from December 8 and the relevant code was added on January 10: https://github.com/monero-project/bitmonero/commit/87839cd4843efb231f0406881437d724dbf0161c

So you will need a build newer than that to be able to retrieve all payments.

TheKoziTwo
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 01:29:03 AM

Ok cool, I'll wait for the new version to be released and continue development then.

GingerAle
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

View Profile WWW
February 10, 2015, 04:23:04 AM

Unofficial Monday Moneroworld Digest

Prettiest
Backup

I got tired of everyone wanting a monday missive. So I made one. Because thats what we do in moneroworld.

< Track your bitcoins! > < Track them again! > <<< [url=https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/1qomqt/what_a_landmark_legal_case_from_mid1700s_scotland/] What is fungibility? >>> 46P88uZ4edEgsk7iKQUGu2FUDYcdHm2HtLFiGLp1inG4e4f9PTb4mbHWYWFZGYUeQidJ8hFym2WUmWc p34X8HHmFS2LXJkf <<< Free subdomains at moneroworld.com!! >>> <<< If you don't want to run your own node, point your wallet to node.moneroworld.com, and get connected to a random node! @@@@ FUCK ALL THE PROFITEERS! PROOF OF WORK OR ITS A SCAM !!! @@@@
smooth
Legendary

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:37:15 AM

So I made one. Because thats what we do in moneroworld.

Bravo
Hueristic
Legendary

Activity: 3794
Merit: 4863

Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it

View Profile
February 10, 2015, 05:37:57 AM

Unofficial Monday Moneroworld Digest

Prettiest
Backup

I got tired of everyone wanting a monday missive. So I made one. Because thats what we do in moneroworld.

What a great synopsis!

“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.”
Pages: « 1 ... 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 [982] 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 1012 1013 1014 1015 1016 1017 1018 1019 1020 1021 1022 1023 1024 1025 1026 1027 1028 1029 1030 1031 1032 ... 2123 »
  Print  

Jump to: