Bitcoin Forum
May 24, 2024, 03:20:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Should a portion of the unclaimed coins be made available for those that missed the swap?
Yes - We have enough to spare, even for late-comers.
No - Sufficient notice and time to complete the swap was given. It wouldn't be fair to those that were punctual.

Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CFC2]Coffeecoin | This coin is under the RevivalCoinGroup management  (Read 252835 times)
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 04:51:27 PM

However, people can at most proof that they did deposit some CFC to ShareX. It is more than unlikely they can show proof they didn't sell their ShareX holdings and then withdraw BTC afterward

Not that hard to track via the blockchain explorer, I'm confident I could track this.

Harder to prove any bought on the exchange but not appearing in ur online exchange wallet address.

In my case I'll be just claiming those I sent to the exchange for the swap (luckily for staking purpose most the times earlier I bought I'd sent back to my wallet), any bought on the exchange that I can't now prove I'll just write off as lost (none of which is in anyway coffeecoin's fault) along with the various other coins I lost in sharex including some btc Sad

Nope. I do daily trades on exchanges and I'm sure blockchain explorer cannot track this

The problem is that if people did sell their CFC holdings on ShareX, blockchain explorer still showed no change of their balance as long as the new buyer did not withdraw

No offense but it's how blockchain explorer works. Nothing can be tracked if no new transaction on the network

That means our dev can only know these coins are still on ShareX, but he cannot know who is the owner of the coins

probably the only possibility is to keep all coins of sharex in an account. Then let everyone request its coins with an transaction id or a trading claim. If noone is complaining, everything is alright. If someone is complaining you probably have to solve that somehow in a "human" way without a technical help.
I mean, they can be glad, if they are getting their coins back already. Hopefully there are no greedies ;-)
coffeecoin (OP)

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:33:55 PM

However, people can at most proof that they did deposit some CFC to ShareX. It is more than unlikely they can show proof they didn't sell their ShareX holdings and then withdraw BTC afterward

Not that hard to track via the blockchain explorer, I'm confident I could track this.

Harder to prove any bought on the exchange but not appearing in ur online exchange wallet address.

In my case I'll be just claiming those I sent to the exchange for the swap (luckily for staking purpose most the times earlier I bought I'd sent back to my wallet), any bought on the exchange that I can't now prove I'll just write off as lost (none of which is in anyway coffeecoin's fault) along with the various other coins I lost in sharex including some btc Sad

Nope. I do daily trades on exchanges and I'm sure blockchain explorer cannot track this

The problem is that if people did sell their CFC holdings on ShareX, blockchain explorer still showed no change of their balance as long as the new buyer did not withdraw

No offense but it's how blockchain explorer works. Nothing can be tracked if no new transaction on the network

That means our dev can only know these coins are still on ShareX, but he cannot know who is the owner of the coins

probably the only possibility is to keep all coins of sharex in an account. Then let everyone request its coins with an transaction id or a trading claim. If noone is complaining, everything is alright. If someone is complaining you probably have to solve that somehow in a "human" way without a technical help.
I mean, they can be glad, if they are getting their coins back already. Hopefully there are no greedies ;-)

The idea is to hold off on ShareX reimbursement until after week 1 (exchange week) and week 2 (manual week). ShareX claims will be made through a secured form hosted on CFCGuild.com, which I, and only I have access to. Holders will be able to upload a screenshot of their transaction details, but can not see the details of other holders to prevent cheating. At most, I'll make a public ledger with a running tally of ShareX claims. BUT Testcoin is right about the inability to tell whether a holder has sold his/her coins after depositing. In essence, they would receive a double payout.

How much we have left over after week 1 and week 2 will determine the feasability of reimbursement. For all we know, we could end up with a surplus after week 1, week 2, and ShareX claims. Going by honesty alone could pose a problem, though. What happens if too many dishonest users issue claims for coins they deposited and then sold for BTC? We would have to cut the reimbursement short, and legitimate claims may be overlooked. Cryptocurrency is all about "trustless" systems for this very reason, so what can we do to midigate this? As of right now, all that comes to mind is taking claims for ShareX deposits within the time range of ShareX V1/V2 swap participation confirmation, and the date ShareX went down. Anything before that would increase the likelihood of that claim including sold CFC.
coffeecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:35:38 PM

just a short question Dev. Is the main homepage of the coin also under construction?
cheers and keep up the good work!

Only the original dev has access to that domain. I own CFCGuild.com. I use it as an alternate landing page, since the old dev won't give up the details of coffee-coin.org. I got everything from him including twitter, FB, bitcointalk, gmail, and github...but he won't give up the domain details lol.
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 13, 2014, 05:41:10 PM
Last edit: June 13, 2014, 05:55:25 PM by kelsey

Too long detailed and too tired to explain here, but I'll explain more to the dev, I can map out through a combination of the block explorer and my trades, to know the how what where of sharex's wallets, and I was going to suggest (others have already similar), the dev can hold the coins until after a period and no complaints to make sure less chance of people claiming who had sold.

also like this:

"As of right now, all that comes to mind is taking claims for ShareX deposits within the time range of ShareX V1/V2 swap participation confirmation, and the date ShareX went down. Anything before that would increase the likelihood of that claim including sold CFC."

somewhat narrows it down to the people who only sent in for the swap.
The Scorpion

Activity: 280
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:32:19 PM

Any news about the swap?
luuupooo

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 03:50:41 PM

just a short question Dev. Is the main homepage of the coin also under construction?

Only the original dev has access to that domain. I own CFCGuild.com. I use it as an alternate landing page, since the old dev won't give up the details of coffee-coin.org. I got everything from him including twitter, FB, bitcointalk, gmail, and github...but he won't give up the domain details lol.

Ok but i think you realy should have acces to that page. It doesnt makes sense not allowing you to work with/on that homepage. Cause it is maybe the first thing new people see of coffeecoin
The Scorpion

View Profile
June 14, 2014, 11:51:38 PM

It's almost a week passed since the estimated swap. What's the status on it?
coffeecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 01:01:53 AM

Ok but i think you realy should have acces to that page. It doesnt makes sense not allowing you to work with/on that homepage. Cause it is maybe the first thing new people see of coffeecoin

I agree, but I can't force the guy to turn the domain over to me Tongue Besides, I've already asked.

As far as updates go, I sent OCdev a message a couple days ago. He didn't respond, so I'm sending another.
PTseller
Legendary

Activity: 1148

I ❤ www.LuckyB.it!

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 02:13:53 PM

I agree, but I can't force the guy to turn the domain over to me Tongue Besides, I've already asked.

As far as updates go, I sent OCdev a message a couple days ago. He didn't respond, so I'm sending another.

people are dumping their coins Sad but i am still holding

So dev what it is your plan ?? are you really going to relaunch ?? or this coin dead now ?? i am confused after reading all posts  Huh
coffeecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 05:49:19 PM

people are dumping their coins Sad but i am still holding

So dev what it is your plan ?? are you really going to relaunch ?? or this coin dead now ?? i am confused after reading all posts  Huh

No it's not dead, and yes it's going to be re-launched with a new version and swapped with the old. It's all dependent on whether Orangecoindev (the guy coding the new version of CFC) delivers. The last we've all heard from him, everything was complete except he was having trouble generating POS blocks. I've tried contacting him a few times these past few days for a status report with no success... Sometimes I feel like I'm the only "dev" that announces extended time away Tongue
luuupooo

Activity: 90

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:17:37 PM

Alright but maybe you should ask him to change at least the coin specifications to the new ones. Or you/we try to create our own homepage...cause leaving the page how it is now, serves nobody
coffeecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 15, 2014, 07:35:24 PM
Last edit: June 15, 2014, 08:04:37 PM by coffeecoin

Alright but maybe you should ask him to change at least the coin specifications to the new ones. Or you/we try to create our own homepage...cause leaving the page how it is now, serves nobody

You mean like this? https://cfcguild.com/the-cfc-corner/about-coffeecoin/ Think about it this way. If you owned and paid for a domain, would you just willingly give it up or allow anyone to make changes to it while you still pay for it every month? He's actually thinking about deleting or re-purposing his domain, to be completely honest. Like I said, I spoke to him about it before, and he wasn't going for it, so I made an alternate page for CFC details on my site, CFCGuild.com. As soon as V2 goes live, his site won't be listed in the OP, unless he updates it and keeps it up and running.

To all:
Every member of this community has just as much pull as I do. What separates me from any other member is access to the username "Coffeecoin" and the ability to change the OP. Everyone here has the ability to speak directly to Orangecoindev (the guy coding CFCV2), the former dev (ask, and I'll PM you his email), and to make a new homepage for CFC. Not to come across as rude, but it's quite difficult and very frustrating to single-handedly manage a coin with little to no help from a demanding community; out of the entire cost of relaunching CFC, I've only received a small donation from 1 person, the rest is coming directly from my bank account. Bear in mind, I get nothing for my contributions, and I'm not a "dev" any more than other active members of this community. I implore you all to become more active members of this community. Suggestions are great, but CFC would do better with some real contributions. I'm doing the best I can with what I've got, but it could be so much more with community-based, tangible efforts.

Dancingk

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 01:56:26 AM

when relaunch cfc2?

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 10:22:17 AM

when relaunch cfc2?

When the client is ready Smiley
coffeecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 04:46:40 PM
Last edit: June 16, 2014, 07:28:17 PM by coffeecoin

Another false start

CFC's relaunch is getting delayed once again. OCdev has gotten back with me about the client, and it seems that he hasn't been able to make any significant progress on it due to pressing family matters. Try to understand that there is a life outside of the "crypto world" and these types of things come first. To give OCdev a bit of relief, we're going to hire another coder to help us relaunch the coin and get us back on track. Until then, back to the drawing board! Keep checking back for more news and updates.
candydaze59

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 16, 2014, 05:25:24 PM

Another false start

CFC's relaunch is getting delayed once again. OCdev has gotten back with me about the client, and it seems that he hasn't been able to make any significant progress on it due to pressing family matters. Try to understand that there is a life outside of the "crypto world" and these types of things come first. To give OCdev a bit of relief, we're going to hire another coder to help us relaunch the coin and get us back on track. Until then, back to the drawing board! Keep checking back for more news and updates.
I believe in you since day one, keep up the good work. So far I'm impressed AND still HODLING, no matter the delays  Wink
man nurse

Activity: 62

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 02:33:02 AM

dve another heavy work began.

Teddy COIN -15%Free+75%IPO,Let's talk about Teddy.TrbbTfpBexKCBNtjTS5GFNix5P4WtxPRrD
coffeecoin (OP)

View Profile
June 17, 2014, 03:33:07 PM

Setbacks are a part of life *sigh*. It gives us time to rethink our strategy on so many different levels, so it's not a total loss.
The Scorpion

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 12:36:32 AM

Setbacks are a part of life *sigh*. It gives us time to rethink our strategy on so many different levels, so it's not a total loss.

Just don't give up. You're doing great. We all appreciate it (at least me for sure).  Wink
Orangecoin

Activity: 84

View Profile
June 18, 2014, 11:06:41 AM

Dont give up. I had a family emergency that flew me 2000 miles from home.

I am back and came to see this when I got home.

Just need to talk to coffeecoin to get this out and sorted asap. I have the working client and code so its up to Coffeecoin now if he want it.

Once again some things cant be avoided but the image above should settle a few people.
Pages: « 1 ... 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 [181] 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 »
  Print  

Jump to: