Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 01:53:47 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 10:59:11 AM

Started folding yesterday but my 2 280x's and 1 I5 are only giving me about 95000 ppd in total.
Any tips on how to improve the ppd?
Try pauzing your cpu. Might be that due fact that your using cpu to fold, gpus not getting the workload they should.
Try :Update to catalyst 14.x (but be warned... can up ppd 20%.. can also be buggy and cause you to loose work.. had to learn that myself the hard way =))
Also, can always overclock your cards... Since folding will be less stress / heat on the cards so could push m a bit further then usual when mining

Also wanted to state again.. for the complainers about the exchange... there's no school like old school :
buy & sell thread : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=605734.0

What would be the optimal engine/memclock settings according to you?

If you search the official folding forums you will see the same answer many times, the F@H software detects your exact type of gpu and factory setting are best. Unlike normal mining where overclocking causes a few hardware errors that do not matter, in the folding world that one little error can mess up the entire work unit. I would go with what the folding pros say and use factory settings to ensure your WU's are not corrupted. If you insist on trying to overclock you will want to do some searching regarding your exact model of card with folding @ home to see if it can be overclocked any without errors.

How can I tell if my WUs are corrupted?

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:01:00 AM

Started folding yesterday but my 2 280x's and 1 I5 are only giving me about 95000 ppd in total.
Try pauzing your cpu. Might be that due fact that your using cpu to fold, gpus not getting the workload they should.
Try :Update to catalyst 14.x (but be warned... can up ppd 20%.. can also be buggy and cause you to loose work.. had to learn that myself the hard way =))
Also, can always overclock your cards... Since folding will be less stress / heat on the cards so could push m a bit further then usual when mining

Also wanted to state again.. for the complainers about the exchange... there's no school like old school :

If you search the official folding forums you will see the same answer many times, the F@H software detects your exact type of gpu and factory setting are best. Unlike normal mining where overclocking causes a few hardware errors that do not matter, in the folding world that one little error can mess up the entire work unit. I would go with what the folding pros say and use factory settings to ensure your WU's are not corrupted. If you insist on trying to overclock you will want to do some searching regarding your exact model of card with folding @ home to see if it can be overclocked any without errors.

Ah, ok. Just asking since my GPU's are still netting 45kppd each where they should give me around 100k ppd each (According to others.)

If you were folding for a while with your cpu going you probably lost some potential QRB ( quick return bonus ), when those WU's finish the next set you get should get you about 100k ppd per card.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
BohemianStalker

Activity: 336
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:02:20 AM

I dont like the fact that this is a very interesting project yet the lead dev ignores my question about absolutely awfull exchange. Why should we trade curecoins on some tier 5 exchange?

Please get yourself some respect and get curecoin to some renowned exchanges. Greed is great motivation for people to actually start helping. And there wont be any money value without the bigger and proven exchanges.

Or do you own that exchange and promote yourself?

My team is already contacting exchanges and a few exchanges have already contacted me on their own accord. Please allow more than 24 hours for my coin to be placed somewhere famous like cryptsy.   Wink

I don't own scifi exchange Cheesy

cool

I did not want to sound negative...its just that everything looks profi and that exchange is killing it :p
meelvanchris

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:03:21 AM

Ah, ok. Just asking since my GPU's are still netting 45kppd each where they should give me around 100k ppd each (According to others.)
Agreed. I would first look at getting your gpu's up to 90k each minimum... only after start looking at oc-ing... Personally i really think its the cpu. On my rig i managed to get my 7950 up to 95k. But then my cpu (dual, not folding) would start bottlenecking bring total of 3 x 7950 down to 130k. Went back to 75k per cards and cpu 90% load and 230k ppd

quote from folding forum fyi : ( https://foldingforum.org/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=26289&sid=795b9e9b1c04818403a2c95b63a4f0ee#p263824 )
Another option that you can use to possibly increase the PPD is by overclocking the GPU. However, you ought to be careful since folding is more stressful than common games so you would have to ensure that it is stable across all assigned Projects (different projects can have varying amounts of stress on the GPU).

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:07:07 AM

Is there a problem with the CryptoBullion pool ? No credit for yesterday's work ? Also the Point counter still low. When checking on official stats or EOC there should be more booked.
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:14:38 AM

How can I tell if my WUs are corrupted?

This is something that I think only the people that control the internal F@H servers would be able to detect, which is why overclocking is discouraged for folding. For specifics you will have to search the official folding forum, but make sure you follow their posting rules, or you will get posts deleted very quickly. It is a team neutral site that is focused on the F@H project solely and they do not allow team promotion, among many other rules. I found out the hard way myself.... I had a lot of posts deleted or edited before I figured out they are very straight forward about helping you fold and nothing else. In the long run they are a great community and they will spend a lot of time helping you if you follow posting rules and are polite. There is already a lot of discussion there about overclocking so Id highly recommend doing some searching before asking in a post.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
cryptohunter
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1167

MY RED TRUST LEFT BY SCUMBAGS - READ MY SIG

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:15:05 AM

Hi!This is very interesting project.I started folging today,but i don't see my work in folding pool,and I can't see me in this sheet -http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/teamstats/team224497.html

Will I see my work next day,or I made something wrong?
Or I need to wait for work progress is 100%?

Progress must hit 100% and be successfully uploaded to the collection server. Then allow about an hour or two before you see points here http://fah-web2.stanford.edu/teamstats/team224497.html

It then takes about 24 hours for those points to transfer to https://cryptobullionpools.com

well it's been more like 48 hours, i see myself on the FAH team results page but nothing on the pool? why don't the points transfer more quickly? also i see the cryptobullion pool seems to present my username in full caps on some pages, i entered it all lowercase? however in the edit profile it is all lowercase?

Thom

Activity: 112

Be kind man, don't be mankind

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:19:00 AM

how many confirmations for new generated coins?
If you are referring to one of the SHA mining pools you will have to ask the operator of that site if you are having an issue.

My first mined Curecoin from a little over 24 hours ago is just beginning to confirm now @ united-miners pool. Not bad for a young blockchain Cheesy

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
ahmed_bodi

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Bitrated user: ahmedbodi.

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:21:43 AM

I dont like the fact that this is a very interesting project yet the lead dev ignores my question about absolutely awfull exchange. Why should we trade curecoins on some tier 5 exchange?

Please get yourself some respect and get curecoin to some renowned exchanges. Greed is great motivation for people to actually start helping. And there wont be any money value without the bigger and proven exchanges.

Or do you own that exchange and promote yourself?

My team is already contacting exchanges and a few exchanges have already contacted me on their own accord. Please allow more than 24 hours for my coin to be placed somewhere famous like cryptsy.   Wink

I don't own scifi exchange Cheesy

cool

I did not want to sound negative...its just that everything looks profi and that exchange is killing it :p

Me (Owner of CryptoPools) and Dreamwatcher (Owner of CryptoCoinExplorer v3) own scifi-ex. May i ask why you believe the exchange is killing curecoin? (Yes i know it isnt scifi it will be moved over to the non scifi exchange when i finish coding it)

cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:23:07 AM

Is there a problem with the CryptoBullion pool ? No credit for yesterday's work ? Also the Point counter still low. When checking on official stats or EOC there should be more booked.

Yesterdays work will be credited in roughly 11 hours from now, remember there is only on update per day as of now, due to popular demand Im going to work on making the pool update stats more then once per day, but that is not top priority at the moment.

ChristianFAH   79.35819400 coins earned 5/11/2014

Looks you you got your share of coins yesterday, so later today you will be getting more. You are all set to go, just have to wait for the pool to do its daily update. ( Usually around 6 pm EST )

As far as the point counter, it will always be a bit lower due to the delay in pool updating compared to using something like EOC of the official team pages to see your stats

cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:29:56 AM

how many confirmations for new generated coins?
If you are referring to one of the SHA mining pools you will have to ask the operator of that site if you are having an issue.

My first mined Curecoin from a little over 24 hours ago is just beginning to confirm now @ united-miners pool. Not bad for a young blockchain Cheesy

Oh, yea about that, please pass the word onto them I think they have their pool set to like 120 confirms before payout, only 10 are required, Ahmed went with a happy medium of 30 confirms

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:31:06 AM

30 are required for a mined block i checked the code. so a max of 30 should be used. (if they have the funds they could go lower but there arent many sellers on the exchange atm)

meelvanchris

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:36:15 AM

Me (Owner of CryptoPools) and Dreamwatcher (Owner of CryptoCoinExplorer v3) own scifi-ex. May i ask why you believe the exchange is killing curecoin? (Yes i know it isnt scifi it will be moved over to the non scifi exchange when i finish coding it)
Lemme start with that those were not my words.... =) seriously doubt an exchange could kill a coin. That being said.
Must be said.. Sci-fi looks nice. But its a real challenge to even register. Asks for a pin, then won't accept... Or doesnt accept password but not stating why not...  Then after managing all that. There's been reports of not having wallets... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.msg6682775#msg6682775 and earlier today was talk on sci-fi chat of btc transaction not coming trough.... so all in all, there are some doubts sorry to say.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
ahmed_bodi

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:37:40 AM

Lemme start with that those were not my words.... =) seriously doubt an exchange could kill a coin. That being said.
Must be said.. Sci-fi looks nice. But its a real challenge to even register. Asks for a pin, then won't accept... Or doesnt accept password but not stating why not...  Then after managing all that. There's been reports of not having wallets... https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.msg6682775#msg6682775 and earlier today was talk on sci-fi chat of btc transaction not coming trough.... so all in all, there are some doubts sorry to say.

ahh dont worry Smiley i know of the registration issues (they bug me too) and the btc and wallet issues we're also fixed Smiley

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:39:24 AM

For those worrying about exchanges, give it a bit of time, Curecoin only launched 2 days ago.  In a week we will probably have a bunch of other exchanges to trade on.
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:40:29 AM

Yesterdays work will be credited in roughly 11 hours from now, remember there is only on update per day as of now, due to popular demand Im going to work on making the pool update stats more then once per day, but that is not top priority at the moment.

ChristianFAH   79.35819400 coins earned 5/11/2014

Looks you you got your share of coins yesterday, so later today you will be getting more. You are all set to go, just have to wait for the pool to do its daily update. ( Usually around 6 pm EST )

As far as the point counter, it will always be a bit lower due to the delay in pool updating compared to using something like EOC of the official team pages to see your stats

Thanks for looking into it. I might be confused with timezones as I live in UTC+9. When I look at Kakao I get the following

Code:
1:00	4:00	7:00	10:00	13:00	16:00	19:00	22:00	Total
2014-05-12 40,950 64,012 104,962
2014-05-11 62,231 124,267 77,637 264,135

2014-05-10 38,283 37,916 76,199
The line from 10th is what I see in CBP and could understand from that day, I created 1% of points and got 1% of ~7800CUR.

But 11th ? Ok, I wait. Anyway my share shrinks now  Sad with 40mPPD overall  Grin good for science, not helping my wallet.
cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:42:43 AM

30 are required for a mined block i checked the code. so a max of 30 should be used. (if they have the funds they could go lower but there arent many sellers on the exchange atm)

hehehe, you read the commented out part didnt you  Wink look at the number thats not commented out Grin no worries , ill change that commented out part, you should be good with 10. I didnt really give you a ton of time to get the pool up, I would have probably done the same thing  Wink

cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:45:43 AM

Thanks for looking into it. I might be confused with timezones as I live in UTC+9. When I look at Kakao I get the following

Code:
1:00	4:00	7:00	10:00	13:00	16:00	19:00	22:00	Total
2014-05-12 40,950 64,012 104,962
2014-05-11 62,231 124,267 77,637 264,135

2014-05-10 38,283 37,916 76,199
The line from 10th is what I see in CBP and could understand from that day, I created 1% of points and got 1% of ~7800CUR.

But 11th ? Ok, I wait. Anyway my share shrinks now  Sad with 40mPPD overall  Grin good for science, not helping my wallet.

That's the beauty of it, If you want more curecoins, you are just going to have to compete with the others and fold faster   Cool

ahmed_bodi

View Profile
May 12, 2014, 11:46:25 AM

I checked by doing listtransactions on my daemon. They all showed immature until 30 confirms.

cygnusxi (OP)

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 12, 2014, 11:50:39 AM

I checked by doing listtransactions on my daemon. They all showed immature until 30 confirms.

hrm, fair enough, I havent built a mining pool in ages, I might be a little rusty on that part  Grin

Great pool by the way... I love the interface

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: