Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:35:54 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:57:16 PM

Been mining in cryptobullion since day one but only started out with ~800 000 PPD and those machines were hanging WU's on the first days also. For the past 36 hours I have been mining full on about 8 000 000 PPD a day and the gain in my total score pretty much confirms that. Cryptobullion is showing only 1 500 000 for my 24h avarage and so is http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/. Reading from the extremeoverclocking FAQ they say that the 24h avarage is calculated total points for last 7 days divided by seven. As Cryptobullion and extremeoverclocking numbers are almost identical I can assume that cryptobullion uses the same calculation. So you are actually getting paid for your last SEVEN DAYS avarage daily production not the last 24h production Undecided So for the first couple of days you are gettng paid almost nothing but just building up your avarage.
In a way this could be a good thing stabilizing the market but at the moment I feel kinda deceived as I am getting paid only 19% of what I am actually mining and this will be big discouragement for any new folders.

Except you aren't getting paid for your 24 hour production. It just takes time for the system to update. What cryptobullion shows as your 24h average doesn't define what you get paid and the wait in the beginning is for the system to update.

The amount you get paid is the points / everyone's points * 7488 for any given day.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Gablez

Activity: 95
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:59:20 PM

Love the coin idea.  I think it would benefit the longevity of this coin if it were to be on a higher volume exchange.  Has anyone contacted Poloniex?!

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:00:29 PM

Hello,
I am early investor/donator and would like to get the promised coins. Anyone got them so far?

Dev were talking about a delay for investor to get their coin...

560k coins that would be dumped would kill the project...

Is 560k the whole premine or just the IPO?

This entire thing is making me nervous i hope this is not going to turn into another scam.

1. where is the public address for the entire bulk of the coins?

2. is it split into 2% investors pot,  3% dev premine,  75% of the other coins are also premined?? where is the public address for this huge bulk of coins.

3. who has access to the coins?

4. who are these people.

why was all of this not on the OP just looks shady to me. You need full accountability when running this large of a project.

Who are these devs? what are their real ids?

Come on let's have some details and credibility for this coin? why was all of this not public to start with and why is nobody else even asking these questions?

Seriously if this turns into a scam the media attention could be a catastrophe for crypto in general.

1) There is a block explorer so we could look it up, I don't know off the top of my head.

2) The rest of the coin is for folding same question as #1

3) No one has access - they are released to developers over time.

4) Look at cygnus's post on page 20.

As for who the devs are please read the post on page 20.

kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:02:33 PM

Hello,
I am early investor/donator and would like to get the promised coins. Anyone got them so far?

Dev were talking about a delay for investor to get their coin...

560k coins that would be dumped would kill the project...

Is 560k the whole premine or just the IPO?

This entire thing is making me nervous i hope this is not going to turn into another scam.

1. where is the public address for the entire bulk of the coins?

2. is it split into 2% investors pot,  3% dev premine,  75% of the other coins are also premined?? where is the public address for this huge bulk of coins.

3. who has access to the coins?

4. who are these people.

why was all of this not on the OP just looks shady to me. You need full accountability when running this large of a project.

Who are these devs? what are their real ids?

Come on let's have some details and credibility for this coin? why was all of this not public to start with and why is nobody else even asking these questions?

Seriously if this turns into a scam the media attention could be a catastrophe for crypto in general.

Most of the coins (23 Million Cur) sit pretty on this address: BKZZ7XAvFiQ283qzJqySKNvU3F5kJ6esvE
Some have been chopped up and forwarded to so many addresses it's hard to follow. It's been day's now since last promised to list all the addresses.

Most of your question have been addressed here by devs before but there are also some details unexplained and it's weird they are not being answered.

Like how are these funds being managed - Are the folding payouts being done manually ? What happens in the case of the private key holder dieing or smth, bit weird that there is no official block explorer etc. ?

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:02:49 PM

Love the coin idea.  I think it would benefit the longevity of this coin if it were to be on a higher volume exchange.  Has anyone contacted Poloniex?!

Not that I know of.

Guys make sure you all join curecoin.us

cameronpalte

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:04:28 PM

Some 200 coins later it is already time for me to say good bye. I switched my little GPU power back to my home team.

Job well done from CygnusXI and his team. While it it obvious that CureCoin attracts quite a number of new users for folding, which is great for science, it is for the price of having a mono-team setup.

That's what I don't like so much.

I will continue looking after the project as it's linked to folding, which I really like. I will continue learning about the whole crypto currency thing, which I still not fully understand.

Keep folding ! Smiley

Sad to see you go you've been a great help.

Our reason for a mono team setup is two fold. First it keeps all of curecoin's contributions measurable which I'm sure you've already seen has been decent press because of how many coins we are getting. We also didn't want people mining with both EVGA and Curecoin to try and get money.

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:08:24 PM

I just shot them an email.
kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:14:05 PM

Been mining in cryptobullion since day one but only started out with ~800 000 PPD and those machines were hanging WU's on the first days also. For the past 36 hours I have been mining full on about 8 000 000 PPD a day and the gain in my total score pretty much confirms that. Cryptobullion is showing only 1 500 000 for my 24h avarage and so is http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/. Reading from the extremeoverclocking FAQ they say that the 24h avarage is calculated total points for last 7 days divided by seven. As Cryptobullion and extremeoverclocking numbers are almost identical I can assume that cryptobullion uses the same calculation. So you are actually getting paid for your last SEVEN DAYS avarage daily production not the last 24h production Undecided So for the first couple of days you are gettng paid almost nothing but just building up your avarage.
In a way this could be a good thing stabilizing the market but at the moment I feel kinda deceived as I am getting paid only 19% of what I am actually mining and this will be big discouragement for any new folders.

Except you aren't getting paid for your 24 hour production. It just takes time for the system to update. What cryptobullion shows as your 24h average doesn't define what you get paid and the wait in the beginning is for the system to update.

The amount you get paid is the points / everyone's points * 7488 for any given day.

Dont want to whine on the "where are my coins Cheesy" subject but if not my 24h production points, not my 24h average points shown by cryptobullion itself, what "points" are they using then  Grin ?
sumgye

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:31:49 PM

Some 200 coins later it is already time for me to say good bye. I switched my little GPU power back to my home team.

Job well done from CygnusXI and his team. While it it obvious that CureCoin attracts quite a number of new users for folding, which is great for science, it is for the price of having a mono-team setup.

I will continue looking after the project as it's linked to folding, which I really like. I will continue learning about the whole crypto currency thing, which I still not fully understand.

Keep folding ! Smiley

You, and all the other folders out there are heroes in my eyes. The folding community has been supporting extremely important medical research for many years now, and you've done it for honor, prestige, loved ones, and often simply because it's something wonderful you can do for humanity. Those of us doing it now for CureCoins, when we weren't before, are generally doing it because someone made a bitcoin-like digital coin that had an amazing cause - so we might be able to make some money and do some good at the same time.

Those of us in Crypto have been throwing computing power away, and it's been haunting many of us. The primary purpose of the 'block' we're trying to solve is just to be so difficult that it takes everyone working on it X time to solve it. The coins, security, transaction ledger, etc. is just a byproduct of the otherwise useless computing exercise. And that has haunted those of us that know how great an impact all that computing power would have if it was put to good use.

We've effectively set up a rat race for ourselves that gets more complicated the faster we run the race. Our rats are now running near lightspeed, and all they're doing is running the stupid race.

I don't know how this is going to sound to someone outside of crypto, but I very much believe it to be true, though I couldn't possibly prove it. The amount of computing power dedicated to cryptocurrencies is an order of magnitude greater than anything that has ever been invested into the folding@home project. We're not trying to pool up people from other teams, though I'm sure that unfortunate side effect was anticipated. What you're seeing on the CureCoin team is mostly our community, and a very tiny fraction of it at that - on the order of <%1 of all the GPU's, CPU's, and cloud instances currently dedicated to mining other coins. That is why there has been such a meteoric rise in power shown on our team.

It would be nice if, sometime in the future, we could disperse, and fill the ranks of other teams, and still receive credit from CureCoin, for the good of the Folding@Home Community. It would allow you guys to take part without abandoning your own teams. But for the moment, CureCoin is just this fledgling thing trying to get off the ground.

Please understand that we respect all of you, and hold you all in the highest regard. We don't want to do anything to hurt the Folding@Home project, or anyone involved in it, and when any issues do arise, please be assured that the community will work hard to find and implement an acceptable solution for everyone.

Thank you for being a part of us and helping us through this early time. We truly do appreciate it.
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:08:04 PM

Dont want to whine on the "where are my coins Cheesy" subject but if not my 24h production points, not my 24h average points shown by cryptobullion itself, what "points" are they using then  Grin ?

It is your 24h production points they just haven't updated it yet.

matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:01:24 PM

Is there an ETA on the Curecoin website being finished?
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:07:42 PM

Keep folding ! Smiley

You, and all the other folders out there are heroes in my eyes. The folding community has been supporting extremely important medical research for many years now, and you've done it for honor, prestige, loved ones, and often simply because it's something wonderful you can do for humanity. Those of us doing it now for CureCoins, when we weren't before, are generally doing it because someone made a bitcoin-like digital coin that had an amazing cause - so we might be able to make some money and do some good at the same time.

Those of us in Crypto have been throwing computing power away, and it's been haunting many of us. The primary purpose of the 'block' we're trying to solve is just to be so difficult that it takes everyone working on it X time to solve it. The coins, security, transaction ledger, etc. is just a byproduct of the otherwise useless computing exercise. And that has haunted those of us that know how great an impact all that computing power would have if it was put to good use.

We've effectively set up a rat race for ourselves that gets more complicated the faster we run the race. Our rats are now running near lightspeed, and all they're doing is running the stupid race.

I don't know how this is going to sound to someone outside of crypto, but I very much believe it to be true, though I couldn't possibly prove it. The amount of computing power dedicated to cryptocurrencies is an order of magnitude greater than anything that has ever been invested into the folding@home project. We're not trying to pool up people from other teams, though I'm sure that unfortunate side effect was anticipated. What you're seeing on the CureCoin team is mostly our community, and a very tiny fraction of it at that - on the order of <%1 of all the GPU's, CPU's, and cloud instances currently dedicated to mining other coins. That is why there has been such a meteoric rise in power shown on our team.

It would be nice if, sometime in the future, we could disperse, and fill the ranks of other teams, and still receive credit from CureCoin, for the good of the Folding@Home Community. It would allow you guys to take part without abandoning your own teams. But for the moment, CureCoin is just this fledgling thing trying to get off the ground.

Please understand that we respect all of you, and hold you all in the highest regard. We don't want to do anything to hurt the Folding@Home project, or anyone involved in it, and when any issues do arise, please be assured that the community will work hard to find and implement an acceptable solution for everyone.

Thank you for being a part of us and helping us through this early time. We truly do appreciate it.

Well said and I couldn't agree more!  +1

Ironically crypto introduced me to Folding@Home and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I had no idea what Folding@Home was prior to seeing the announcement for CureCoin and reading about it.
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:24:35 PM

Cool, I've got 24 curecoins now with 14 more coming tomorrow Smiley
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:50:48 PM

Cool, I've got 24 curecoins now with 14 more coming tomorrow Smiley

Congratulations.

22naru

Activity: 854
Merit: 501

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:06:31 PM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 08:50:08 PM by 22naru

we still need to wait 24H for Automatic Payout/Cash Out  from the pool?

Automatic Payout/Cash Out  is faster/better than you could ever imagine. Smiley
good work  devs.

cheers
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:15:15 PM

I just encrypted my wallet as I always do and now I see a message saying Minting suspended due to a locked wallet.  I'm a bit confused on what to do about this.  Any ideas?
Fastpow

Activity: 322
Merit: 102

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:18:13 PM

I just encrypted my wallet as I always do and now I see a message saying Minting suspended due to a locked wallet.  I'm a bit confused on what to do about this.  Any ideas?

Just unlock your wallet (By filling in your password, just like you do when you send a transaction) and you're good to go Smiley
traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260
Merit: 1001

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:20:39 PM

When does the POS start on Curecoin?
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:34:08 PM

When does the POS start on Curecoin?

I read the following:  30 days before PoS mintage is possible. 90 days until it is in full force.
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:20:39 PM

Is there a mining guide or thread somewhere for this coin?  I've been trying to scrypt mine it but I get 100% rejects.

Using cgminer 3.7.2, and this pool:  stratum+tcp://cure.united-miners.com:3319

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: