Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 02:09:19 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
RouletteRun

Activity: 451
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:46:37 PM

Is there any Promo Group for Curecoin? If so I would like to join. If not I would like to create one.

I think this is a great idea, I like the idea of folding for a purpose and I am, but I'm equally interested in CureCoin as a cryptocurrency and believe if we want to attract more people to the folding and the coin, we need to begin promoting the coin as an entity to itself.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 03:51:44 PM

just don't know why ,this coin is so valuable ,can not buy for it

The reason any coin has value is because people believe it does.  At least with this coin we can definitively say real valuable work was done in order to earn a coin and that work will in fact have a value when looked at from a macro point-of-view.
matt608

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:03:15 PM

Is there any Promo Group for Curecoin? If so I would like to join. If not I would like to create one.

I think this is a great idea, I like the idea of folding for a purpose and I am, but I'm equally interested in CureCoin as a cryptocurrency and believe if we want to attract more people to the folding and the coin, we need to begin promoting the coin as an entity to itself.

Related to this, I can't see any Curecoin threads over at https://cryptocointalk.com/.  It's a popular forum, worth making a thread or two there about Curecoin.  Anyone want to volunteer to starting a thread there?  Helps a bit it you're already a regular on that forum.
LasersHurt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:16:10 PM

Who working on the Curecoin website btw?

I've completed (and with the team) just launched www.CureCoin.net.

I hope it's a valuable resource for everyone. If there is anything to add, remove, edit, etc. please come find us on IRC - I'm usually there, and when I'm not you can PM me with feedback.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:27:33 PM

I hope it's a valuable resource for everyone. If there is anything to add, remove, edit, etc. please come find us on IRC - I'm usually there, and when I'm not you can PM me with feedback.

Could we add the download on the front page?

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:31:13 PM

The reason any coin has value is because people believe it does.  At least with this coin we can definitively say real valuable work was done in order to earn a coin and that work will in fact have a value when looked at from a macro point-of-view.

A big factor would also be for investing as a donation. Each curecoin represents a certain amount of research done which at this point 1 curecoin represents 30,000 folding @ home points. Therefore, if you want to help cure cancer but don't want to have a rig by buying say 3000 curecoin you are funding 100 million F@H points which means you are funding that much research being done. This was another angle I was thinking of it being marketed as.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
matt608

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:32:01 PM

Great!  Nice knowledge base + stats and nice design overall.  

I'm not sure if "The Cure for the Common Crypto Currency" is a very informative tag line.  Maybe something like "Help Cure diseases with your PC + Earn money" or the other way round "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease" or "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease with your Computer" or "Get paid to run scientific research software" or "Get paid to run scientific research software on your PC" or "Let your computer work for science, get paid" or "Set your PC to work for science + get paid."
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:36:42 PM

Great!  Nice knowledge base + stats and nice design overall. 

I'm not sure if "The Cure for the Common Crypto Currency" is a very informative tag line.  Maybe something like "Help Cure diseases with your PC + Earn money" or the other way round "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease" or "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease with your Computer" or "Get paid to run scientific research software" or "Get paid to run scientific research software on your PC" or "Let your computer work for science, get paid" or "Set your PC to work for science + get paid."

Maybe something like "get rewarded for helping cure disease with your computer!"

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
matt608

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:39:38 PM

Great!  Nice knowledge base + stats and nice design overall.  

I'm not sure if "The Cure for the Common Crypto Currency" is a very informative tag line.  Maybe something like "Help Cure diseases with your PC + Earn money" or the other way round "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease" or "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease with your Computer" or "Get paid to run scientific research software" or "Get paid to run scientific research software on your PC" or "Let your computer work for science, get paid" or "Set your PC to work for science + get paid."

Maybe something like "get rewarded for helping cure disease with your computer!"

Yep that's the kind of thing I'm thinking but I don't know why we need to 'tip toe' around the fact Curecoin is a form of money (whether it's legally defined as such or not), why can't we just call it earning money or getting paid seeing as that's what it is?  That would keep people interested much more effectively.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:51:40 PM

I'm not sure if "The Cure for the Common Crypto Currency" is a very informative tag line.  Maybe something like "Help Cure diseases with your PC + Earn money" or the other way round "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease" or "Earn money while Helping Cure Disease with your Computer" or "Get paid to run scientific research software" or "Get paid to run scientific research software on your PC" or "Let your computer work for science, get paid" or "Set your PC to work for science + get paid."

Yep that's the kind of thing I'm thinking but I don't know why we need to 'tip toe' around the fact Curecoin is a form of money (whether it's legally defined as such or not), why can't we just call it earning money or getting paid seeing as that's what it is?  That would keep people interested much more effectively.

I think "getting money" is the wrong approach though. Getting rewarded is better, as it helps outline the fact that you get something; whether you view that as coins or cash is up to you. Pushing the monetary aspect just makes it seem scammy.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
matt608

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 04:55:34 PM

Yep that's the kind of thing I'm thinking but I don't know why we need to 'tip toe' around the fact Curecoin is a form of money (whether it's legally defined as such or not), why can't we just call it earning money or getting paid seeing as that's what it is?  That would keep people interested much more effectively.

I think "getting money" is the wrong approach though. Getting rewarded is better, as it helps outline the fact that you get something; whether you view that as coins or cash is up to you. Pushing the monetary aspect just makes it seem scammy.

Yeah I get where you're coming from, but 'rewards' can often be worthless, e.g. I get texted a to collect "rewards" for topping up my phone but I don't even bother because they're crappy worthless rewards.  At least with when the term "money" or "get paid" is used you know it has value.  Maybe talking about it in terms of rewards is better I'm not sure, but I would think unless there's a legal reason preventing us from talking about Curecoins like they are money then calling it money would be more effective.
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:04:39 PM

A big factor would also be for investing as a donation. Each curecoin represents a certain amount of research done which at this point 1 curecoin represents 30,000 folding @ home points. Therefore, if you want to help cure cancer but don't want to have a rig by buying say 3000 curecoin you are funding 100 million F@H points which means you are funding that much research being done. This was another angle I was thinking of it being marketed as.

I like the idea.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:06:45 PM

Yeah I get where you're coming from, but 'rewards' can often be worthless, e.g. I get texted a to collect "rewards" for topping up my phone but I don't even bother because they're crappy worthless rewards.  At least with when the term "money" or "get paid" is used you know it has value.  Maybe talking about it in terms of rewards is better I'm not sure, but I would think unless there's a legal reason preventing us from talking about Curecoins like they are money then calling it money would be more effective.

A big reason why I waited so long to get into Bitcoins (and I'm NOT the only person, as tons of others had the same issue) is because sites referred to it as mining for cash. This is a huge red flag for a scam, and made a lot of us avoid it. I had heard about it back in 2009, but because of the scam aspect I stayed away. I didn't get involved until the middle-late 2013 as a result.

You have to consider how the outside is going to interpret it. Most things that allow you to use your PC to passively earn cash are scams. We learned that long ago.

matt608

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:12:22 PM

Yeah I get where you're coming from, but 'rewards' can often be worthless, e.g. I get texted a to collect "rewards" for topping up my phone but I don't even bother because they're crappy worthless rewards.  At least with when the term "money" or "get paid" is used you know it has value.  Maybe talking about it in terms of rewards is better I'm not sure, but I would think unless there's a legal reason preventing us from talking about Curecoins like they are money then calling it money would be more effective.

A big reason why I waited so long to get into Bitcoins (and I'm NOT the only person, as tons of others had the same issue) is because sites referred to it as mining for cash. This is a huge red flag for a scam, and made a lot of us avoid it. I had heard about it back in 2009, but because of the scam aspect I stayed away. I didn't get involved until the middle-late 2013 as a result.

You have to consider how the outside is going to interpret it. Most things that allow you to use your PC to passively earn cash are scams. We learned that long ago.

Fair enough.  I'd go for your suggestion then:  "Get rewarded for helping cure disease with your computer!"
ptman

Activity: 532

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:20:07 PM

pool.terahashers.com

stratum+tcp://pool.terahashers.com:5008 -u <yourwalletaddress> -p <anypassword>

It really means something to me to participate in such a GOOD endeavor.

To the miners:
Tell me if you have any problem with my pool so that I can improve it.
The starting difficulty of the VARDIFF if '1024'.
You you think it is too low for most sha256 mining equipment I can make it higher.

We need to reach at least 10 TH/s hashing power to make the pool competitive.

Please join to help the poor guy that is solo mining in my pool...

Also, spreading the hashing power between different pools is what secures the network against a 51% attack (and that is what sha256 mining is for in the CureCoin network).

Right now almost 100% of all mining power of the network is shared between only 2 pools!
It is DANGEROUS!

░███████████████████████████████████████████████████░
███████████████████████████████▒        █████████████
█████████████████████        ██▒        █▒   ▒▒▒█████
█████████████████████        ██▒        ██▒        ██
█████████████████████        ██▒     ██▒          ▒██
███████████▒▒▒▒▒▒▒███        ██▒  ██▒            ▒███
██████████▒       ▒██        ████▒               ████
██████████▒       ▒██       ██            ▒██████████
████████  ▒       ▒██   ▒▓▒            ▒█████████████
██████  ██▒       ▒████▒            ██  █████████████
████▒  ███▒      ██▒            ██▒     █████████████
███▒  ████▒ ▒██▒            ▒███        █████████████
███                     ▒██▒ ██▒        █████████████
███                 ▒██      ██▒        █████████████
█████       ▒▒▓▓▓▒▒██        ██▒        █████████████
██████████▒       ▒██        ██▒        █████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████▀▒▒▒▒                       ▒▒▒▀████████████
██████▒                                    ▒█████████
░█████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████░
  ICOBank 
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ▄   ▄▄   ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄
  ICOBank: World's First 3 in 1 Token 
[   Whitepaper   ] [       ANN Thread       ]
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄░░
████████▀░░░▀█████████████████░
██████▀       ▀████████████████
█████  ░▄███▄  ░███████████████
████░  ██████         ░▀███████
████░  █████████████▄   ░██████
████░  ███████████████  ░░█████
████░  ██████████████▀  ░██████
████░  ██████          ░███████
█████  ██████          ░███████
█████  ▀█████████████▄  ░██████
██████  ▀█████████████  ░░█████
███████▄░  ▀▀███████▀░  ░██████
░████████▄░            ▄███████
░░█████████████████████████████

█████████████████████████▄░░
███████████████████████████░
████████████████▀▀░░░░██████
████████████▀▀░░░░░░░░██████
██████████░░░░░░░░░░░▐██████
███████▀░░░░░░░▄░░░░░▐██████
█████░░░░░░░░▄▀░░░░░░███████
██████░░░░░░█░░░░░░░▐███████
████████▄░░█░░░░░░░░▐███████
███████████▀░░░░░░░░████████
███████████░░▄█▄▄▄░░████████
███████████░▄███████████████
░███████████████████████████
░░▀█████████████████████████

Join PRE-ICO SALE   
    ▶Exchanges
LasersHurt

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:21:06 PM

Fair enough.  I'd go for your suggestion then:  "Get rewarded for helping cure disease with your computer!"

Would it make more sense to have that as the sub-heading, perhaps? I sort of like the tagline, then instead of "CureCoin is a CryptoCurrency based on coupling SHA-256 Mining and Folding@Home Protein Folding" which is a bit dry I could do "Earn rewards for helping cure diseases with your computer!" or something along those lines?
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:27:52 PM

Yeah I get where you're coming from, but 'rewards' can often be worthless, e.g. I get texted a to collect "rewards" for topping up my phone but I don't even bother because they're crappy worthless rewards.  At least with when the term "money" or "get paid" is used you know it has value.  Maybe talking about it in terms of rewards is better I'm not sure, but I would think unless there's a legal reason preventing us from talking about Curecoins like they are money then calling it money would be more effective.

Fair enough.  I'd go for your suggestion then:  "Get rewarded for helping cure disease with your computer!"

Would it make more sense to have that as the sub-heading, perhaps? I sort of like the tagline, then instead of "CureCoin is a CryptoCurrency based on coupling SHA-256 Mining and Folding@Home Protein Folding" which is a bit dry I could do "Earn rewards for helping cure diseases with your computer!" or something along those lines?

That would be a good way to handle it as well. Maybe a little refinement on the subheading as well to help spruce it up more...

matt608

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:40:07 PM

In all honesty even though its clever and possibly true to say that Curecoin is the cure for the common cryptocurrency, newcomers wont even know what a cryptocurrency is so it immediately raises a question, without telling them anything about Curecoin, other than that it might theoretically help get rid of some other cryptocurrencies, which isn't what Curecoin is about anyway (thought it may be a positive side effect).  Even though it has a nice ring to it with the alliteration, I don't really think it belongs there at all.  

We've got 1 short sentence to grab people's attention and tell them what Curecoin is all about.

I'd go with:

Help cure diseases with your PC and earn rewards.

Or if that's too long then:

Help cure diseases with your PC, earn rewards.

Then I'd leave the more technical second line as it is.  That way the simple + technical sides are explained.  
kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:42:08 PM

I like the idea.

I love the idea  Smiley
Could be sold as digital or physical gift cards Wink
Stedsm
Legendary

Activity: 3052
Merit: 1273

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:44:13 PM

Why does Doge,BBQ,CGA,PPC,MIN or any crypto have value....

██████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████
.SHUFFLE.COM..███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
███████████████████████
...Next Generation Crypto Casino...
Pages: « 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 [68] 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: