Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:37:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
spiffcow

Activity: 308
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:47:18 PM

No one really cares about devcoin. You do know that right?

And its not a significant pre-mine. Do you follow alts?

Btw, my 30k ppd got me 10 curecoins. I'm kicking your ass. Smiley

Devcoin still has a pretty decent market cap, but that's beside the point -- I'm talking about one aspect of devcoin that I think is handled correctly, not the overall coin.  They got their coin balance wrong, but the split mining idea is solid.

If you're getting that many curecoins, it just goes to show that the process needs to be more transparent.  Why the hell is there not a PPD/curecoin conversion shown for each payout on the pool?  This would be simple to do, and would make it easy to verify that it's being done correctly.
BitcoinCleanup.com: Learn why Bitcoin isn't bad for the environment
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:49:49 PM

Why are 800k+ coins for dev?
Isn't that a bit much compared to the low supply of ~10k coins per day?!

Yes.

At current exchange rates (I'm seeing .01BTC on bittrex right now) that's 8000BTC, or roughly $3.6m if he could get someone to buy all of them.  I'd like to see someone fork this project with zero premine and have the blocks pay out 80% to fold, 20% to miner, in much the same way devcoin does it.  And also, there is no good reason not to merge mine this.

The thing is, nobody had any idea what each curecoin would be worth until people started trading them. Their value is only just beginning to be determined and we only have a few low volume trades to go by at this point which may end up being meaningless in the long term. It could turn out that 800k cure do end up being worth millions or billions, and if so, I'm sure the devs have a plan for what they will do with all the extra at some point. No one has said that they are going to necessarily dump them for cash and keep it all for themselves.

They can and will.  Mark my words, the dev will dump and kill this coin.  I have 4x R9 290s, 1 280x, and 2x 270s churning on this full time and I got 5 coins in 36 hours.  This is why premine doesn't work -- it fundamentally fucks the value of the coin so that it's not longer tied to the amount of energy required to create it.

Then you're not mining properly or lying if your getting so few coins.

I'm getting about 650k points per day and got just under 5 coins after 36 hours.  Believe me or don't, but that's consistent with the rate others have posted, and is way too low given the amount of coins in circulation.

We are 80 million points per day. That means you should be getting 61 coins per day.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:52:51 PM

Yes.

At current exchange rates (I'm seeing .01BTC on bittrex right now) that's 8000BTC, or roughly $3.6m if he could get someone to buy all of them.  I'd like to see someone fork this project with zero premine and have the blocks pay out 80% to fold, 20% to miner, in much the same way devcoin does it.  And also, there is no good reason not to merge mine this.

The thing is, nobody had any idea what each curecoin would be worth until people started trading them. Their value is only just beginning to be determined, and we only have a few low volume trades to go by at this point, which may end up being meaningless in the long term. It could turn out that 800k cure do end up being worth millions or billions, and if so, I'm sure the devs have a plan for what they will do with all the extra at some point. No one has said that they are going to necessarily dump them for cash and keep it all for themselves.

Compared with the rarity of this coin (65 coins/10min such as Bitcoin) and the good idea behind this coin, it's pretty sure that the value for 1 CURE will be at least between 0.01 - 0.005 maybe even 0.1 BTC if it's successful. With knowing this I don't like it that 3 persons own 800k of this coin, that's simply to much. Although they have good aims. After 1 year there will be only ~3.6million CURE mined, so the devs still own more than 20% of the coin after 1 year.

And you can't tell me, that if this coin will be successful they won't dump them. Greed is a part of human nature and if they can become millionaires with this coin, I don't think they will relinquish it and rather continue to work on this coin.

He didn't even invest 1200$ of his own money, but the earned money from the IPO to get this coin started.

PS: I don't wanna say that the devs don't have good intenions with this coin, but greed is always greater than good intentions.

That's why I call for the devcoin approach.  I don't mind if he gets 3% of the coins.  Hell, I'd rather he have 10% of the coins, but only have them paid out as they're mined.  

+1
This would be a much better idea.

Except many of those coins have already been spent on various costs so they don't just have that many coins and a lot went out to early investors. They may be paid out or put in a hidden storage - I'll see if I can contact the dev about this.

dime

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:52:59 PM
Last edit: May 13, 2014, 06:15:33 PM by dime

So, in other altcoins you don't think ASIC resistance is a feature?  

One of the factors that makes a coin valuable is the number of users/holders, i.e. the distribution.  The more people that hold a coin, the more value it has, usually.  If more people can be involved in the mining or folding process due to Curecoin being 80% ASIC proof then that makes for a stronger foundation of support for the project.  

In altcoins where the possible options are that asics are met with 1. adoption or 2. resistance, it could be considered a feature.

In a coin that has NOTHING to do with asics except for the negation of, it's not a feature. It's a non-topic.

"Asic resistance" is a buzz word. No one cares about it. I guess not no one. You do. You and everyone else that feels the need to define the negation of something that doesn't exist in the first place, hence (once again) why I said it was redundant. Not wrong. Redundant. Actually, "asic resistant" is wrong and "asic proof" is redundant.
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:54:36 PM

Devcoin still has a pretty decent market cap, but that's beside the point -- I'm talking about one aspect of devcoin that I think is handled correctly, not the overall coin.  They got their coin balance wrong, but the split mining idea is solid.

If you're getting that many curecoins, it just goes to show that the process needs to be more transparent.  Why the hell is there not a PPD/curecoin conversion shown for each payout on the pool?  This would be simple to do, and would make it easy to verify that it's being done correctly.

If you want to be that idealistic from looking at your previous posts, it would be better for you to start your own crypto.
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 05:57:18 PM

Dev's deserve to get a stake and cash out on there work to start with - they are planning to use all the coins to help people. There is a simple coversion. Your points / Total points for the day * 7488

meelvanchris

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:08:07 PM

Just a general quick note... for all the sceptics and people that recently got stung by maybe ac, and everyone in it to just get paid....(*including but not limited to myself..=))

All of you do realise that folding was first launched in 2000? 9 years before btc.... and 14 years before curecoin....
And that there have been people folding since then.... contributing their equipment.....just for fun and for scientic benifit?

So whether our curecoins be worth $1,- $100,- or nothing... whether you trust the dev's honesty of pre-mine or not... Cant you take comfort that you are folding for a greater good... even if it is just for a week? And that the fact that you get paid a welcome gift is alongside of your good karma? (and not the other way around)

More then once i have send my mh/s to a coin that was worthless after a while... waisted power..... so whichever way this swings.... i do take comfort in that..

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
spiffcow

Activity: 308

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:12:25 PM

Just a general quick note... for all the sceptics and people that recently got stung by maybe ac, and everyone in it to just get paid....(*including but not limited to myself..=))

All of you do realise that folding was first launched in 2000? 9 years before btc.... and 14 years before curecoin....
And that there have been people folding since then.... contributing their equipment.....just for fun and for scientic benifit?

So whether our curecoins be worth $1,- $100,- or nothing... whether you trust the dev's honestly of pre-mine or not... Cant you take comfort that you are folding for a greater good... even if it is just for a week? And that the fat that you get paid a welcome gift is alongside of your good karma?

More then once i have send my mh/s to a coin that was worthless after a while... waisted power..... so whichever way this swings.... i do take comfort in that..

Yes, as long as I can still make a profit.  I'm not made of money, and I didn't buy mining rigs with karma, nor can I pay my electricity bill with it.

As much as you may not believe it, I really want this to succeed.  This is why I feel so strongly on the points that I've made -- I'm concerned because they are major points of potential failure.
Elokane

Activity: 817
Merit: 1000

Truth is a consensus among neurons www.synereo.com

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:17:10 PM

Yes.

Why don't you go ahead and do that while we continue folding here while supporting the actual developers of the project.

Synereo: liberating the Internet from abusive business models.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart, he dreams himself your master.
<br>
Murdock

Activity: 68

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:17:23 PM

Very good idea for a coin! Shocked Thumbs up!

Capttech08

Activity: 79

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:18:59 PM

Hardware question - I switched off of the united pool since that was an asic pool apparently. I followed the guide here http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=9.0 and everything is working but my GPU's all show 0% usage in afterburner. The slowest CPU I have (old AMD Tri-core) is killing all of my GPU's @ folding so something is wrong on my side. I did verify the cards are all using Core_17.  1 Nvidia GTX 590 and 6 R9 280x's should not be beat by a tri-core cpu!

Any ideas guys? Or have another link to get GPU's folding? I would really appreciate it. And for the "It's not worth it people", just stay quiet. I'm not in it for making a ton of money. My family is riddled with genetic diseases so helping in this way gives me a chubby.

BTC Tip Jar: 11tK3hF4KN9t2kZbRgqdafdcNMDyPW2ru
LTC Tip Jar: LMCBpoiy86H5Gw5Evjt9fRRB6h6ipUCN9V
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:24:05 PM

Hardware question - I switched off of the united pool since that was an asic pool apparently. I followed the guide here http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=9.0 and everything is working but my GPU's all show 0% usage in afterburner. The slowest CPU I have (old AMD Tri-core) is killing all of my GPU's @ folding so something is wrong on my side. I did verify the cards are all using Core_17.  1 Nvidia GTX 590 and 6 R9 280x's should not be beat by a tri-core cpu!

Any ideas guys? Or have another link to get GPU's folding? I would really appreciate it. And for the "It's not worth it people", just stay quiet. I'm not in it for making a ton of money. My family is riddled with genetic diseases so helping in this way gives me a chubby.

It takes about 3 minutes from the time you click fold until it actually starts doing anything, and then another 30 mins or so after that for your ETA and PPD to update. The tri core will probably bottleneck you, but you should have some usage, not 0%. Make sure you are not folding with your CPU as you will need all of it's resources to feed your GPUs.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
meelvanchris

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:24:43 PM

Well for startes... pause that cpu immediately =) Folding takes a big strain on cpu (even the sending work to gpu) so if ur folding on both then your gpu is just not getting the work.
Not even sure if tri-core can feed 6 r290's.
As for questions regarding the Nvida.. dunno much bout that.... or other folding specific topics.. can always browse /ask on foldingforum... https://foldingforum.org/ Or post your rigs info here along with log file.. could be good start.... Either way i would start with pausing the cpu... (then wait a while and kep an eye out on gpu load)

ow almost forgot! doublecheck your firewall allowing connections. cpu uses port 80, gpu uses 8080. so might just be gpu not getting stuff while cpu is?

So whether our curecoins be worth $1,- $100,- or nothing... whether you trust the dev's honestly of pre-mine or not... Cant you take comfort that you are folding for a greater good... even if it is just for a week? And that the fat that you get paid a welcome gift is alongside of your good karma?

Yes, as long as I can still make a profit.  I'm not made of money, and I didn't buy mining rigs with karma, nor can I pay my electricity bill with it.

As much as you may not believe it, I really want this to succeed.  This is why I feel so strongly on the points that I've made -- I'm concerned because they are major points of potential failure.

I do believe bills must get paid. But for one, atm there is just no buy support to take the dev's pre-mine. And no one is stopping you from selling the coins you get. So if you want your return, ofc do get it. And if your sceptical, can always keep an eye out on the premine and panic sell as soon as you see it move Smiley  That way you get your profit and bonus karma Smiley

quote from dev found here : https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.msg6688632#msg6688632
The next time I open the cold storage for the premine, Ill grab the address and post it, Ill be sure to do that asap. Soon the premine will be dispersed accordingly to different addresses. I imagine the donors wont want their address to be public, Ill ask them for their permission on that one. As far as Dev addresses, I have no problem posting those. Note: The plans for dev payment is to disperse the dev funds on a monthly basis proportional to the rate the folding funds and sha coin base is mined. The devs will not be receiving their entire % all at once. It will be slowly dispersed to the devs.  

Every single time a TX is sent from the premine wallet, Ill be using the comment feature to specify exactly what the funds are going to. I have curecoin.info reserved to serve as a ledger site for every tx we make with the premine.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
Thom

Activity: 112

Be kind man, don't be mankind

View Profile WWW
May 13, 2014, 06:27:38 PM

That's why I call for the devcoin approach.  I don't mind if he gets 3% of the coins.  Hell, I'd rather he have 10% of the coins, but only have them paid out as they're mined.  

If you were building a factory, would you expect to buy/lease the premises, equipment, upfront costs, and pay for your own survival during setup by trying to barter the unmade, unvalued items your factory is to produce?

Curecoin's kind of a WU factory, a new height of transparency and real-world presence among altcoins, and a long time in planning, dev and cooperation with stanford. And since you can't buy servers nor survival nor business expenses with unlaunched altcoins, and since one can't reasonably expect investors to wait until the coins owed to them are mined when one can't predict an unlaunched coin's hashpower, what else could they do?

Also I think this thread's numbercentric participants are beginning to forget the one or more people all of us know or have known with cancer and/or other diseases F@H hopes to combat. What do you really want to throw your hardware at, pumpydumps and uncertainties, or real work towards those goals that stanford is getting done in record highs? I'm hashing for my uncle now, not BTC.

Our robots are made to help us, so hashing for humanity and folding for our future makes more sense than wearing out all this nice tech so fast just to make long chains of unfathomable numbers with which to move money and argue with governments.

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
fud_etra

Activity: 394

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:32:50 PM

I followed the instructions in the OP and got my CPU + GPU folding. However, when I checked the After Burner, it showed that all GPU are at 0% usage, is it normal?

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
Capttech08

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:33:45 PM

It takes about 3 minutes from the time you click fold until it actually starts doing anything, and then another 30 mins or so after that for your ETA and PPD to update. The tri core will probably bottleneck you, but you should have some usage, not 0%. Make sure you are not folding with your CPU as you will need all of it's resources to feed your GPUs.

Ok, I will give this a shot. The rig with the tri-core has 2 280x's on it and my 6-core has the other 4. My i7 rig has the gtx 590. I'll try pausing the cpu's and see what happens for a few hours. Thanks everyone

Capttech08

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:35:07 PM

I followed the instructions in the OP and got my CPU + GPU folding. However, when I checked the After Burner, it showed that all GPU are at 0% usage, is it normal?

Read the same question above posted by me and the 2 answer. I'm trying this now. I will post if this was the cause (aka bottlenecking on the cpu)

bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:38:46 PM

Ok, I will give this a shot. The rig with the tri-core has 2 280x's on it and my 6-core has the other 4. My i7 rig has the gtx 590. I'll try pausing the cpu's and see what happens for a few hours. Thanks everyone

You should be good then, and could probably fold using a core or two on your 6-core and i7 rigs. Basically you want to keep 1 core(thread?) free for each GPU, +1 extra free core. So keep all cores freed up on the tri-core, 5 cores free on the 6-core (or maybe just 5 threads free if it's intel with hyperthreading....not sure how it works for intel), and 3 cores(threads?) free on the i7 since the 590 counts as 2 GPUs.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
fud_etra

Activity: 394

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:41:26 PM

Read the same question above posted by me and the 2 answer. I'm trying this now. I will post if this was the cause (aka bottlenecking on the cpu)

Just read your previous post and removed CPU folding, now I get 8-9x% CPU usage Smiley

▄▄███████▄▄
        ▄███▀▀
▄▄▄▄    ▀▄
     ▄▄█████████████▄▄  ▀▄
  ▄▀▀██▀           ▀▀██▄▄▀▄
▄▀  ██                 ▀██
  ██       ▀▀█▀▀         █
█▀        █ █ █        ▄█▀▄
▀▄         █ █ █       ▄█  █
 ██         █▄▄▄█      ▄█  ▄▀
  ██▄                ▄█▀  ▄▀
  ▀▄▀██▄▄          ▄█▀  ▄▀
   ▀▄ ▀▀███▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀▀
     ▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
UTRUST▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
●  Download WHITEPAPER  ●
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▼ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
facebook      twitter      slack
▀████████▄
  ▀███████▄
    ▀██████▄
      ▀██████
       ▀█████
        ▀████▄
         █████
          ▀███
           ███
           ▀██
            ██
             █
FifthGhostbuster

Activity: 153

View Profile
May 13, 2014, 06:41:45 PM

Devcoin still has a pretty decent market cap, but that's beside the point -- I'm talking about one aspect of devcoin that I think is handled correctly, not the overall coin.  They got their coin balance wrong, but the split mining idea is solid.

If you're getting that many curecoins, it just goes to show that the process needs to be more transparent.  Why the hell is there not a PPD/curecoin conversion shown for each payout on the pool?  This would be simple to do, and would make it easy to verify that it's being done correctly.

shhh you =p

Go CureCoin!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: