Bitcoin Forum
December 16, 2017, 03:47:28 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 221 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN]CureCoin - CURECOIN TEAM HAS TAKEN RANK 1 ON FOLDING@HOME!!!  (Read 668210 times)
sumgye

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:31:49 PM

Some 200 coins later it is already time for me to say good bye. I switched my little GPU power back to my home team.

Job well done from CygnusXI and his team. While it it obvious that CureCoin attracts quite a number of new users for folding, which is great for science, it is for the price of having a mono-team setup.

That's what I don't like so much.

I will continue looking after the project as it's linked to folding, which I really like. I will continue learning about the whole crypto currency thing, which I still not fully understand.

Keep folding ! Smiley

You, and all the other folders out there are heroes in my eyes. The folding community has been supporting extremely important medical research for many years now, and you've done it for honor, prestige, loved ones, and often simply because it's something wonderful you can do for humanity. Those of us doing it now for CureCoins, when we weren't before, are generally doing it because someone made a bitcoin-like digital coin that had an amazing cause - so we might be able to make some money and do some good at the same time.

Those of us in Crypto have been throwing computing power away, and it's been haunting many of us. The primary purpose of the 'block' we're trying to solve is just to be so difficult that it takes everyone working on it X time to solve it. The coins, security, transaction ledger, etc. is just a byproduct of the otherwise useless computing exercise. And that has haunted those of us that know how great an impact all that computing power would have if it was put to good use.

We've effectively set up a rat race for ourselves that gets more complicated the faster we run the race. Our rats are now running near lightspeed, and all they're doing is running the stupid race.

I don't know how this is going to sound to someone outside of crypto, but I very much believe it to be true, though I couldn't possibly prove it. The amount of computing power dedicated to cryptocurrencies is an order of magnitude greater than anything that has ever been invested into the folding@home project. We're not trying to pool up people from other teams, though I'm sure that unfortunate side effect was anticipated. What you're seeing on the CureCoin team is mostly our community, and a very tiny fraction of it at that - on the order of <%1 of all the GPU's, CPU's, and cloud instances currently dedicated to mining other coins. That is why there has been such a meteoric rise in power shown on our team.

It would be nice if, sometime in the future, we could disperse, and fill the ranks of other teams, and still receive credit from CureCoin, for the good of the Folding@Home Community. It would allow you guys to take part without abandoning your own teams. But for the moment, CureCoin is just this fledgling thing trying to get off the ground.

Please understand that we respect all of you, and hold you all in the highest regard. We don't want to do anything to hurt the Folding@Home project, or anyone involved in it, and when any issues do arise, please be assured that the community will work hard to find and implement an acceptable solution for everyone.

Thank you for being a part of us and helping us through this early time. We truly do appreciate it.
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:08:04 PM

Been mining in cryptobullion since day one but only started out with ~800 000 PPD and those machines were hanging WU's on the first days also. For the past 36 hours I have been mining full on about 8 000 000 PPD a day and the gain in my total score pretty much confirms that. Cryptobullion is showing only 1 500 000 for my 24h avarage and so is http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/. Reading from the extremeoverclocking FAQ they say that the 24h avarage is calculated total points for last 7 days divided by seven. As Cryptobullion and extremeoverclocking numbers are almost identical I can assume that cryptobullion uses the same calculation. So you are actually getting paid for your last SEVEN DAYS avarage daily production not the last 24h production Undecided So for the first couple of days you are gettng paid almost nothing but just building up your avarage.
In a way this could be a good thing stabilizing the market but at the moment I feel kinda deceived as I am getting paid only 19% of what I am actually mining and this will be big discouragement for any new folders.

Except you aren't getting paid for your 24 hour production. It just takes time for the system to update. What cryptobullion shows as your 24h average doesn't define what you get paid and the wait in the beginning is for the system to update.

The amount you get paid is the points / everyone's points * 7488 for any given day.

Dont want to whine on the "where are my coins Cheesy" subject but if not my 24h production points, not my 24h average points shown by cryptobullion itself, what "points" are they using then  Grin ?

It is your 24h production points they just haven't updated it yet.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
matt608

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:01:24 PM

Is there an ETA on the Curecoin website being finished?

▄██▄
       █████
        ▀███▌
          ███  ▄███▄
          ▐█▌ ██████▌
     ████  ▀  ██████▌
     ████    ▐██████
     ▐███▌   █████▀
     ▐███   ▐████
     ███▀  ▄███
    ▄██   █▀▀  ▄▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█████▀
       ▄▄▄██████▀
.HydroMiner
~~~~~~~~~~~~
.           ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄
        ▄██████▌       ▐██████▄
      ▄████████▌       ▐████████▄
    ▄██████████▌       ▐██████████▄
   ██████▀▐████▌       ▐████▌▀██████
  █████▀  ▐████▌        ▀███▌  ▀█████
 █████    ▐████▌          ▀█▌    █████
▐████▌    ▐█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▐████▌
█████      ▀███████████████▄      █████
▐████▌        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌    ▐████▌
 █████    ▐█▄          ▐████▌    █████
  █████▄  ▐███▄        ▐████▌  ▄█████
   ██████▄▐████▌       ▐████▌▄██████
    ▀██████████▌       ▐██████████▀
      ▀████████▌       ▐████████▀
        ▀██████▌       ▐██████▀
           ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀
.Green Mining with Hydro Power
             ▐█▌             
             ███             
            ▄███▄            
           ▐█████▌           
          ▄████▀██▄          
        ▄████▀  ████▄        
       █████    ██████       
     ▄████▀     ███████▄     
    █████      ▄█████████    
  ▄█████     ▄████████████▄  
 ▐█████    ▄███████████████▌ 
 █████   ▄██████████████████ 
 █████  ▄███████████████████ 
 ▐████ ████████████████████▌ 
  ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀█████████████████████▀   
     ▀█████████████████▀     
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀      
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 293

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:07:42 PM

Some 200 coins later it is already time for me to say good bye. I switched my little GPU power back to my home team.

Job well done from CygnusXI and his team. While it it obvious that CureCoin attracts quite a number of new users for folding, which is great for science, it is for the price of having a mono-team setup.

That's what I don't like so much.

I will continue looking after the project as it's linked to folding, which I really like. I will continue learning about the whole crypto currency thing, which I still not fully understand.

Keep folding ! Smiley

You, and all the other folders out there are heroes in my eyes. The folding community has been supporting extremely important medical research for many years now, and you've done it for honor, prestige, loved ones, and often simply because it's something wonderful you can do for humanity. Those of us doing it now for CureCoins, when we weren't before, are generally doing it because someone made a bitcoin-like digital coin that had an amazing cause - so we might be able to make some money and do some good at the same time.

Those of us in Crypto have been throwing computing power away, and it's been haunting many of us. The primary purpose of the 'block' we're trying to solve is just to be so difficult that it takes everyone working on it X time to solve it. The coins, security, transaction ledger, etc. is just a byproduct of the otherwise useless computing exercise. And that has haunted those of us that know how great an impact all that computing power would have if it was put to good use.

We've effectively set up a rat race for ourselves that gets more complicated the faster we run the race. Our rats are now running near lightspeed, and all they're doing is running the stupid race.

I don't know how this is going to sound to someone outside of crypto, but I very much believe it to be true, though I couldn't possibly prove it. The amount of computing power dedicated to cryptocurrencies is an order of magnitude greater than anything that has ever been invested into the folding@home project. We're not trying to pool up people from other teams, though I'm sure that unfortunate side effect was anticipated. What you're seeing on the CureCoin team is mostly our community, and a very tiny fraction of it at that - on the order of <%1 of all the GPU's, CPU's, and cloud instances currently dedicated to mining other coins. That is why there has been such a meteoric rise in power shown on our team.

It would be nice if, sometime in the future, we could disperse, and fill the ranks of other teams, and still receive credit from CureCoin, for the good of the Folding@Home Community. It would allow you guys to take part without abandoning your own teams. But for the moment, CureCoin is just this fledgling thing trying to get off the ground.

Please understand that we respect all of you, and hold you all in the highest regard. We don't want to do anything to hurt the Folding@Home project, or anyone involved in it, and when any issues do arise, please be assured that the community will work hard to find and implement an acceptable solution for everyone.

Thank you for being a part of us and helping us through this early time. We truly do appreciate it.

Well said and I couldn't agree more!  +1

Ironically crypto introduced me to Folding@Home and I'm sure I'm not the only one.  I had no idea what Folding@Home was prior to seeing the announcement for CureCoin and reading about it.
Fastpow

Activity: 224

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:24:35 PM

Cool, I've got 24 curecoins now with 14 more coming tomorrow Smiley

cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 06:50:48 PM

Cool, I've got 24 curecoins now with 14 more coming tomorrow Smiley

Congratulations.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
22naru

Activity: 507

TaaS is a closed-end fund designated to blockchain

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 07:06:31 PM

we still need to wait 24H for Automatic Payout/Cash Out  from the pool?

Automatic Payout/Cash Out  is faster/better than you could ever imagine. Smiley
good work  devs.

cheers

▄▄▄                                          ███                ▄▄▄     ███
███                                          ███               ▐███▌    ███
███                                          ███                ▀▀▀     ███
███        ▄███████▄   ▐███▄█████▄     ▄▄███████ ▄▄███████▄▄    ███   ███████▄
███       ████▀  ████  ▐████▀▀████▌   ████▀▀██▀▄████▀▀▀▀▀███▌   ███   ▀▀███▀▀▀
███      ▐████▄▄▄████  ▐███    ███▌  ████    ▄████▀▄█▌   ▐███   ███     ███
███      ▐███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▐███    ███▌  ███▌   ████▀▄███▀   ▐███   ███     ███
███       ████▄    ▄▄  ▐███    ███▌  ████▄   ▄█████▀▄█   ████   ███     ███▄ ▄▄
▀████████  ▀████████▀  ▐███    ███▌   █████████▀▀  ████████▀    ███     ▀█████▀

ALL YOU NEED IS LOAN

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
 ▄████████████████████████████▄
████████████▌  █████████████████
███████▀▀      ███▀      ▀██████
██████   ▄██▄▄▀▀  ▄▄▄██▄   █████
█████▌  ████    ▄▀  ████   █████
█████▌  ▐███▄▄▀▀  ▄▄████   █████
██████   ▀▀▀   ▄▄█▀  ▀▀   ▄█████
████████▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄▄████████
▀██████████████████████████████▀
   ▀▀███████████████████████▀▀
      ▀▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:15:15 PM

I just encrypted my wallet as I always do and now I see a message saying Minting suspended due to a locked wallet.  I'm a bit confused on what to do about this.  Any ideas?
Fastpow

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:18:13 PM

I just encrypted my wallet as I always do and now I see a message saying Minting suspended due to a locked wallet.  I'm a bit confused on what to do about this.  Any ideas?

Just unlock your wallet (By filling in your password, just like you do when you send a transaction) and you're good to go Smiley

traderman
Legendary

Activity: 1260

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:20:39 PM

When does the POS start on Curecoin?
ChasingTheDream

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 07:34:08 PM

When does the POS start on Curecoin?

I read the following:  30 days before PoS mintage is possible. 90 days until it is in full force.
worldlybedouin

Activity: 376

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:20:39 PM

Is there a mining guide or thread somewhere for this coin?  I've been trying to scrypt mine it but I get 100% rejects.

Using cgminer 3.7.2, and this pool:  stratum+tcp://cure.united-miners.com:3319

LTC:  LXrAe2E6cBsK52GvUsYraeXkc2s7Ti7R5X
BTC:  1FLTMqVjTZ5MTdCF4npNZGFMEUGyBV4zcj
Ckyman

Activity: 8

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:25:42 PM

We don't need to find the cure we need to legalize it Tongue ha but overall awesome coin I love the concept, it's a breath of fresh air.
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:26:46 PM

I hear it's a PPC fork, so you can unlock only for PoS minting using the console.

Follow this guide: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=187714.0

Correct me if I'm wrong guys.
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:28:28 PM

Is there a mining guide or thread somewhere for this coin?  I've been trying to scrypt mine it but I get 100% rejects.

Using cgminer 3.7.2, and this pool:  stratum+tcp://cure.united-miners.com:3319

You don't mine it, unless you have sha256 asics...otherwise you use your compute power to fold ( https://folding.stanford.edu/home/guide/ ) and you get paid for the points you get, in curecoins, which are mined by the ASICs. (they only get 13 coins per block, or 19% of the total rewards, check the op for more info)
Fastpow

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 08:39:57 PM

So, I said i would post a short summary of some ideas to promote curecoin and spread awareness.

The first thing that came to my mind was getting schools involved. Nowadays pretty much every school has a media-area, most high-schools in the country where I live (the Netherlands) got about 30-60 desktops each and the universities got even more. It'd be great if everyone interested in promoting curecoin would visit a few schools in their area to get a meeting. These computers could easily be used for folding when their idle (they're pretty much always toggled on anyway) and at night. By doing this the school could use the certificate wich the stanford website gives for positive promotion for example.(Look at us, we're promoting research in diseases) They'd also get their share of the profits ofcourse which would make their desktops actually have a ROI instead of waiting a few years untill their written off.

Obviously you could do the same thing at any company or internet cafe or whatever.

It's also really important to educate your friends and family about the coin and the folding process in general, previously when you were trying to get someone into crypto-currencies it'd always be about the money. With curecoin you can aim at their emotional side and thus making the step to curecoin, and crypto-currencies in general, easier.

Another important thing to do is to get a curecoin website up and running asap. The website would need some general details about curecoin but most importantly a well-written and full-scaled FAQ. Currently the BCT ANN thread is pretty much full with the same questions over and over again. These questions have all already been answered but most of the time on other website's/forums.

These are just a few things that come to my mind when thinking about marketing potential for curecoin, obviously keeping an active social media outlet etc. is also very important.

For anybody interested in visiting some schools/companies in their neighbourhood I could write you a short elevator pitch or give some comments on your own pitch.  

Please note I'm quite busy (working as a crypto-currency consultant since a few months) with other tasks but should their be any bounties or whatever I'm happy to free up some time to help work on a PR/marketing campaign.

My two cents Smiley

Posted this message as a reply on the marketing/PR topic on the curecoin forums too.

Oh and by the way, poloniex has added curecoin! https://poloniex.com/exchange/btc_cure

22naru

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 08:51:41 PM

I hear it's a PPC fork, so you can unlock only for PoS minting using the console.

i wait for this confirmation to...

ALL YOU NEED IS LOAN

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
k2_1971

Activity: 45

Like a ninja, but slower.

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 09:18:50 PM

YES you use the same console command to unlock the curecoin wallet for minting as you do for peercoin.

In console, type this - walletpassphrase <yourpasswordhere> 99999999 true - hit enter. Give it a minute or so for the wallet to unlock. Good to go.

Remember that your coin-age has to be at a minimum of 30 days to start minting. Receiving coins to your wallet is fine; if you send any out/spend them, it will reset all of your coins back to day zero. Just like peercoin. So keep that in mind.
matt608

Activity: 896

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 09:24:51 PM

Over at the Curecoin forums we are putting togethor a fund for a new coin image, be sure to check it out and throw in a few CURE Smiley  We need an inspiring coin image to give Curecoin the best possible chance to thrive.

http://www.curecoin.us/index.php?topic=3510.0

▄██▄
       █████
        ▀███▌
          ███  ▄███▄
          ▐█▌ ██████▌
     ████  ▀  ██████▌
     ████    ▐██████
     ▐███▌   █████▀
     ▐███   ▐████
     ███▀  ▄███
    ▄██   █▀▀  ▄▄▄
   ▄▀       ▄█████▀
       ▄▄▄██████▀
.HydroMiner
~~~~~~~~~~~~
.           ▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄
        ▄██████▌       ▐██████▄
      ▄████████▌       ▐████████▄
    ▄██████████▌       ▐██████████▄
   ██████▀▐████▌       ▐████▌▀██████
  █████▀  ▐████▌        ▀███▌  ▀█████
 █████    ▐████▌          ▀█▌    █████
▐████▌    ▐█████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▐████▌
█████      ▀███████████████▄      █████
▐████▌        ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▌    ▐████▌
 █████    ▐█▄          ▐████▌    █████
  █████▄  ▐███▄        ▐████▌  ▄█████
   ██████▄▐████▌       ▐████▌▄██████
    ▀██████████▌       ▐██████████▀
      ▀████████▌       ▐████████▀
        ▀██████▌       ▐██████▀
           ▀▀▀▀         ▀▀▀▀
.Green Mining with Hydro Power
             ▐█▌             
             ███             
            ▄███▄            
           ▐█████▌           
          ▄████▀██▄          
        ▄████▀  ████▄        
       █████    ██████       
     ▄████▀     ███████▄     
    █████      ▄█████████    
  ▄█████     ▄████████████▄  
 ▐█████    ▄███████████████▌ 
 █████   ▄██████████████████ 
 █████  ▄███████████████████ 
 ▐████ ████████████████████▌ 
  ▀███████████████████████▀  
   ▀█████████████████████▀   
     ▀█████████████████▀     
        ▀▀▀███████▀▀▀      
22naru

View Profile WWW
May 16, 2014, 10:23:37 PM

YES you use the same console command to unlock the curecoin wallet for minting as you do for peercoin.

In console, type this - walletpassphrase <yourpasswordhere> 99999999 true - hit enter. Give it a minute or so for the wallet to unlock. Good to go.

Remember that your coin-age has to be at a minimum of 30 days to start minting. Receiving coins to your wallet is fine; if you send any out/spend them, it will reset all of your coins back to day zero. Just like peercoin. So keep that in mind.
cheers Smiley

ALL YOU NEED IS LOAN

▄▄██████▄▄
       ▄▄██████████████▄▄
    ▄▄████████████████████▄▄
      ▀▀████████████████▀▀
          ▀▀▀██████▀▀▀
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 221 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.