Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 08:24:00 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
cameronpalte

Activity: 294
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:49:37 AM

I was wondering if anyone's considered hitting this thing from the third angle. We've got GPU's hitting the folding pretty hard. We've got SHA256 ASIC's hitting the mining end pretty hard. What about a multipool so the SCRYPT ASIC's can hit the value end of things? Then all mining hardware could be used to develop and support CureCoin. Just a thought.

We have nothing useful for scrypt asics to do and it would effectively require a hard fork for nothing.

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics would be worse at securing the network especially because their are a lot less.
Scrypt Asics can't fold.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
sumgye

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 05:55:34 AM

I was wondering if anyone's considered hitting this thing from the third angle. We've got GPU's hitting the folding pretty hard. We've got SHA256 ASIC's hitting the mining end pretty hard. What about a multipool so the SCRYPT ASIC's can hit the value end of things? Then all mining hardware could be used to develop and support CureCoin. Just a thought.

We have nothing useful for scrypt asics to do and it would effectively require a hard fork for nothing.

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics would be worse at securing the network especially because their are a lot less.
Scrypt Asics can't fold.

No no, scrypt asics could mine at a MultiPool, like BlackCoin's or CinniCoin's multipool. Basically they would mine Scrypt Based altcoins, and the multipool would automatically trade them for CureCoins. It's a proven technique that allows Scrypt miners to apply buy pressure to coins that are otherwise unobtainable for them.

It wouldn't require any change to the wallet or network. The Scrypt Miners literally just buy coins in exchange for their hashpower.
BlkdOut

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:01:43 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

No no, scrypt asics could mine at a MultiPool, like BlackCoin's or CinniCoin's multipool. Basically they would mine Scrypt Based altcoins, and the multipool would automatically trade them for CureCoins. It's a proven technique that allows Scrypt miners to apply buy pressure to coins that are otherwise unobtainable for them.

It wouldn't require any change to the wallet or network. The Scrypt Miners literally just buy coins in exchange for their hashpower.

Buy pressure created by these pools is almost none.... I think BCpool last time I looks was creating 7BTC of buy pressure... That is nothing. Those multipools are basically hype machines for people that do not do the math. Sounds like it would work though.
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:02:42 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

I guess what you're trying to say is,

SHA256 ASICs - Keep the blockchain going
GPUs - Folding the proteins
Scrypt ASICs - Multi-pool for earning curecoins

It sounds good, but we would have to remind miners it would be better to fold on their GPUs compared to mining scrypt on a multi-pool which they may direct to as they might not understand what is folding.
meelvanchris

Activity: 336

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:07:35 AM

I do not dislike the idea. But something like that has to come from within the community. Doubt the devs have time to make such a thin seeing as their are keepin quite busy maintaining and tech supporting current flow of things... (Have to account for both the mining as well as the folding part of things.. ) Where as cinni, blackcoin or mint for that matter might have had more time after the inital pow stage.

However, if you know someone with capability's to make such a thing possible. I would certainly propose it to the devs, maybe get their blessings.. And ofc invite all your scrypt asic buddy's to join the cause! Smiley (also r3 and blackout make some valid points...but in total no one seems against it at least =))

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
   ████████████████████████████████   
     ▀██████████████████████████▀     
        ▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
.Join the Trading Revolution.
kqpahv

Activity: 229
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:12:08 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

Buy pressure created by these pools is almost none.... I think BCpool last time I looks was creating 7BTC of buy pressure... That is nothing. Those multipools are basically hype machines for people that do not do the math. Sounds like it would work though.

Totally agree. First of all these pools are always associated with sh*tcoins that are desperately looking to create some hype/ fake demand.
Copying an idea for the tenth time just doesnt work anyway. You need to be ahead of the curve just like this coin is to create some value  Cool

Can anyone elaborate on a few technical aspects of the coin ?

# If there is no hard cap for the coins how was the 5% premine done ? 5% of ∞ is ? Huh
# How does the " Network balancing" mentioned in the OP work ? How does an increase in SHA256 difficulty affect folders ?
sumgye

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:12:35 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

I guess what you're trying to say is,

SHA256 ASICs - Keep the blockchain going
GPUs - Folding the proteins
Scrypt ASICs - Multi-pool for earning curecoins

It sounds good, but we would have to remind miners it would be better to fold on their GPUs compared to mining scrypt on a multi-pool which they may direct to as they might not understand what is folding.

Exactly. I was just trying to think of a way to include Scrypt ASIC's in this project, because I do believe it is a big exciting thing that everyone is going to want to be a part of. I also think that's been part of the CureCoin message from the beginning, they welcomed ASIC's, GPU's and CPU's, and made them all relevant to the project. Scrypt ASIC's are sort of a redheaded stepchild though, so making up some way for them to contribute would be awesome. I honestly don't think the buy pressure from a multipool is going to make a tremendous difference to the price, but it WOULD allow people that recently invested heavily into Scrypt ASIC's and become excited about the project the ability to mine CureCoins by proxy and support the project that way. GPUs should only be used for folding, and that should be made absolutely clear.
r3animation

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:16:34 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

Totally agree. First of all these pools are always associated with sh*tcoins that are desperately looking to create some hype/ fake demand.
Copying an idea for the tenth time just doesnt work anyway. You need to be ahead of the curve just like this coin is to create some value  Cool

# If there is no hard cap for the coins how was the 5% premine done ? 5% of ∞ is ? Huh
# How does the " Network balancing" mentioned in the OP work ? How does an increase in SHA256 difficulty affect folders ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvPoRrj3QF5sdGlxUzdKVVgyaWZvZGlaT195OEFKZmc&usp=sharing
lovecoin99

Activity: 118

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:21:52 AM

ok, dev has done a lot work, i'm in

sumgye

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:25:04 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

I completely agree about not copying the idea with under the false premise to boost value of the coin. It could have some limited effect, but MultiPools aren't going to raise the value of this coin - eventhough that's the tired stereotype that's been attached to the idea. Rather, I propose a MultiPool for an entirely different purpose: it's ability to include mining hardware that would otherwise be excluded from participating in the CureCoin project: namely Scrypt ASIC's.

Anyway, I'm just tossing the idea out. It's nothing the dev's need worry about, but if the community takes hold of it it might be a good idea. Who knows? I just thought I'd throw it out there.
crypto4jan
Legendary

Activity: 2448
Merit: 1025

Energy coin master

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 06:30:32 AM

After long time of waiting my first payment is arrived.
0.270088 CUR for Valid: 3822
Now I a at 70K points so I expected around to get 5 CURE for this in total now.
Curecoin is a good coin!

e2wwnbU8XBcnZxSfMTwZLS7Ru6LdWHunCu
00000a5ac2dc57cfb0b92bc8be7731fe6a94a8c1c49a0d2f32e9e2da4f7d2308
kqpahv

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:32:22 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvPoRrj3QF5sdGlxUzdKVVgyaWZvZGlaT195OEFKZmc&usp=sharing

Ok, fact that the coins for the folders were all premined doesnt look so good Undecided  I wonder why couldnt that just be divided between the miners and folders as the coins are minted ?
So essentially one person is in control of ~80% of the coins ? Paying folders is done manually ?
What happens if the developer dies in a plane crash etc and takes the private keys with him ?

Just trying to get some clarity here.
meelvanchris

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:40:22 AM

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.msg6688632#msg6688632

Also im pretty sure there are systems in place should that occur... Almost certain i also read that somewhere... just forgot where ^.^

▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
sumgye

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:42:56 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

Ok, fact that the coins for the folders were all premined doesnt look so good Undecided  I wonder why couldnt that just be divided between the miners and folders as the coins are minted ?
So essentially one person is in control of ~80% of the coins ? Paying folders is done manually ?
What happens if the developer dies in a plane crash etc and takes the private keys with him ?

Yeah, that is literally my only concern. I'd very much like to see a hardfork that releases the coins to the folding pool as the blocks are minted, instead of having them premined. I have not a single doubt that the Dev's intentions are honorable, and that, quite frankly, this is his baby and he would never do anything to harm it. But what happens if this coin outlives him? Can we trust the people that follow? Wouldn't it be easier to make the necessary changes to ensure the coin's survival while it's still young?

I'm on board either way. I think this project is too important not to take part. But the premine is an issue, and one that does concern me.
shenjing85

Activity: 364

Spectiv VR Crowdsale: 12/08/17

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:46:28 AM

Good luck with your coin-project!

▄▄████████████▄▄             
          ▄███▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░▀▀▀███▄▄        
       ▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀██▄      
     ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▀███    
   ▄██▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▄█████████████▄  
  ▄██░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄█████████░░░░░░░░░░░░▀█▌ 
 ▐██░░░░░░░░▄█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄░░░░░░░░▀█▌
▐██░░░░░░▄███▀▀███████████████▀▀██▄░░░░░░██▌
████▄░░▄██▀███████▄██████▄████████▀██▄░░░▐██
██░▀████▀██████████████████████████████▄░░██
██░░░▀██▄█████████████████████████▄██▀▀██▄██
██▌░░░░▀███▄████████▀▀▀▀███████▄██▀░░░░░▀███
▐██░░░░░░░▀███▄▄███████████▄▄██▀▀░░░░░░░░██▌
 ▐██░░░░░░░░░░▀▀████████████▀░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌
  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄█▌ 
   ▀███▀▀▀▀▀▀░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀  
     ▀██▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄██▀    
       ▀███▄░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄▄██▀      
          ▀████▄▄░░░░░░░░░░▄▄▄███▀         
              ▀▀▀██████████▀▀▀             

[ Website ]                    

r3animation

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 06:51:44 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

Yeah, that is literally my only concern. I'd very much like to see a hardfork that releases the coins to the folding pool as the blocks are minted, instead of having them premined. I have not a single doubt that the Dev's intentions are honorable, and that, quite frankly, this is his baby and he would never do anything to harm it. But what happens if this coin outlives him? Can we trust the people that follow? Wouldn't it be easier to make the necessary changes to ensure the coin's survival while it's still young?

I'm on board either way. I think this project is too important not to take part. But the premine is an issue, and one that does concern me.

You have to also understand that F@H is not under the dev's control. It's under Stanford University and it has been going on since 2000.

Since folding is not mining and vice versa, you can't just depend on the miners solving blocks and the mining pools giving the coins to the folding pool so that they can payout to the folders.

I can't think of a better system that the dev has already implemented except maybe increasing payouts to twice a day instead of once.
kqpahv

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:06:46 AM

I also wish that dev would bring more light to the whole premine thing - Starting with a blockexplorer, what sort of systems are in place to distribute the folding premine and ending with a audit from KPMG,PwC etc showing all the coins really are the property of CURECOIN LLC.

I am not trying to bash the coin but I cant see big exchanges adopting the coin or investors putting serious cash in it without some clarity on the matter.
sumgye

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:08:53 AM

Asics secure network
GPUs fold

Scrypt Asics can't fold.

You have to also understand that F@H is not under the dev's control. It's under Stanford University and it has been going on since 2000.

Since folding is not mining and vice versa, you can't just depend on the miners solving blocks and the mining pools giving the coins to the folding pool so that they can payout to the folders.

I can't think of a better system that the dev has already implemented except maybe increasing payouts to twice a day instead of once.

What I was thinking was have each minted block pay 20%(13 coins) to the block solver and 80%(52 coins) to the folding pool wallet. The folding pool wallet would still need to be tightly secured, and payouts would still need to be paid from it similar to how they are now, but there's security in the fact that if that wallet does somehow become compromised or abused then only several thousand coins are stolen before the problem can be fixed. Not 21 million coins.

There's something unsettling about knowing that almost 80% of all the coins that there will ever be is just sitting pretty in a wallet somewhere. It will also make it difficult to check how many curecoins are actually in circulation - because the only way to do that is to exclude that one particular wallet, which is a little unsettling by itself.
r3animation

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:09:13 AM

I dont see why mining pools couldnt give 80% of the coins to a centralized folding pool ?
I also wish that dev would bring more light to the whole premine thing - Starting with a blockexplorer, what sort of systems are in place to distribute the folding premine and ending with a audit from KPMG,PwC etc showing all the coins really are the property of CURECOIN LLC.

I am not trying to bash the coin but I cant see big exchanges adopting the coin or investors putting serious cash in it without some clarity on the matter.

Would you trust the pool op to do it?

If I were to solo mine with say 10th/s (which is possible by renting on betarigs or leaserig), I would have 1/10 of the network (100 th/s last I saw). What's to stop me from hoarding the coins and not passing them along to the folding pool?
meelvanchris

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 07:11:35 AM

I dont see why mining pools couldnt give 80% of the coins to a centralized folding pool ?

Im no economist or legalist for that matter.. so excuse me it it is a silly question... but having all coins the property of curecoin llc...couldnt that mean i could have to sumit my hard earned curecoins to curecoin llc at any time?

▀████████████████████▀       
          ████████████████▀         
            █████████████           
            ▀████████████▀           
             ▀██████████▀             
              ██████████             
               ████████               
               ▀██████▀               
                ██████               

trade.io.
██████
██████
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
███
██████
██████

▄██████████████████▄
███       ▀███████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███       █████████
███              ██
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   ███
███              ███
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███
██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
███████████▀ ███████
█████████▀   ███████
███████▀     ██▀ ███
███ ▀▀       █▄▄████
███          █▀▀▀▀██
███ ▄▄       ███████
██████▄     █▄ ▀███
█████████▄   ███▄███
███████████▄ ███████
▀██████████████████▀

▄██████████████████▄
████████████████████
███████████████▀▀ ██
█████████▀▀     ███
████▀▀     ▄█▀   ███
███▄    ▄██      ███
█████████▀      ▄██
█████████▄     ████
█████████████▄ ▄████
████████████████████
▀██████████████████▀
██████
██████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
██████
██████
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: