Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 10:44:18 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696200 times)
Jago

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:33:17 AM

Why the logo with a Chinse character?

I Get Daily Free SIGNs. Come get yours too! Hurry!.  1msAUKLeupsf12S4D7HsD1Fw8qXyaJqWo

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
r3animation

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:34:00 AM

Why not?
ranlo
Legendary

Activity: 1974
Merit: 1007

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:34:32 AM

We need the folding daily/hourly stats page in the OP...I lost the link and can't find it Sad (not the extreme overclocking site, but the one with estimated hourly and daily profits)

Agreed but here it is until it is added to the OP.

http://stats.curecoinfolding.com/

Edit:  It looks like it may be down at the moment.

It's showing me a blank table (no data is being pulled)...?

https://nanogames.io/i-bctalk-n/
Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
neuroMode

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:36:44 AM

I am for finding a way to open CureCoin folding rewards to members of ANY team. People need to understand, some of these teams are very old, very passionate, and very dedicated to their teams and about *volunteering* their *donations* to the fold at home project. Please understand that FAH has been going for 14 years. [H]ardOCP has been doing it since 2000. The EVGA team has been doing it for 7 years. We've been doing it for one week.

We're the bull in the china shop right now, and when you talk about recruiting from other teams, you're talking about destroying other teams that have had to work a thousand times harder than us to accomplish what they have accomplished. That's wrong, and believe it or not - it will drive people in the FAH community away, because we've killed it for them.

Now suppose the value of CureCoin does fall. Will you still be folding? Because that's what many of them are talking about when they talk about us. Cheating. Dropping units in the hunt for higher payouts. That we'll just move on to something else three months from now. The best thing about us, to them, is that we're introducing new people to the Folding@Home program that might just stick around after the tide of CureCoin miners leave.

The reactions to us haven't exactly been brilliant. They're floored, for sure, about the hash-power we've managed to drum up. But we're hurting the huge communities that have been built up by dividing them and forcing them to break ranks and join our team if they want to take part in our coin. If everyone joins our team, what's the point of having teams in the first place. Eh?

No. No recruiting from other teams. And until the devs find a way to include members from *any* team, I would encourage people in other teams to KEEP donating what they can afford to their teams, and to utilize the CureCoin program to facilitate their ability to donate more.

I think the advent of cryptocurrencies provides a brilliant way of paying people for providing resources dedicated to science. I know there are a bunch of people who are total grandfathers to this whole project, but they should give a lot of respect to the CureCoin team for coming up with this new way of rewarding folders. The same amount of respect should be given by Curecoin to all the old folding teams.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
neuroMode

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:37:17 AM

Because Chinese people invented cancer.

Myriadcoin - the first multi-PoW blockchain! (Mine with SHA256 [ASICs], Scrypt [GPU/ASICs], Skein [GPUs], Groestl [GPUs], OR Qubit [CPUs/GPUs]).
Myriad Website // Myriad on Reddit || Myriad Android Wallet || Myriad Electrum Wallet || Multi-vPoW and Block "Tips" - Solution to Parasitic Merged Mining
vujk

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:37:29 AM

The investor ipo is off putting IMO. It is just way too many coins given out for the amount of btc. I know there is no way to fix it now, but it is a big issue for me. Why not change the halfing to every year and increase the amount of coins distributed the first couple years. Currently at around 950000 points a day, it will take me nine months to get 10,000 coins, with this decreasing as the diff rises.  I agree that initial investors should be able to reap some reward, but that is ridiculous. It was handled poorly and is the elephant in the room for this coin.

And why is it off putting? Because you didn't get into the ipo? Were you even mining cryptos when they launched the ipo since you only joined this forum in january?

Why not whine about NXT or BTC or about a more recent coin like Darkcoin?

Simply because of the fact that any moment a single person could crash the market, when it gets better established.   I didn't say it was a deal breaker. I am supporting this coin, and all my hash power is on it. It is just something I think about when I check my machines and wonder if I should be hashing at this. I have been mining longer than I have been at this forum, but you are correct I did not get in the original btc startup. I am not whining, just stating my trepidation. I will continue to support Curecoin until I decide not to, it is my decision and I will live with it either way.
stormia

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:38:11 AM

This question has been answered a few times- the character represents healing and wellness.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.msg6658323#msg6658323
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:42:36 AM

The investor ipo is off putting IMO. It is just way too many coins given out for the amount of btc. I know there is no way to fix it now, but it is a big issue for me. Why not change the halfing to every year and increase the amount of coins distributed the first couple years. Currently at around 950000 points a day, it will take me nine months to get 10,000 coins, with this decreasing as the diff rises.  I agree that initial investors should be able to reap some reward, but that is ridiculous. It was handled poorly and is the elephant in the room for this coin.

And why is it off putting? Because you didn't get into the ipo? Were you even mining cryptos when they launched the ipo since you only joined this forum in january?

Simply because of the fact that any moment a single person could crash the market, when it gets better established.   I didn't say it was a deal breaker. I am supporting this coin, and all my hash power is on it. It is just something I think about when I check my machines and wonder if I should be hashing at this. I have been mining longer than I have been at this forum, but you are correct I did not get in the original btc startup. I am not whining, just stating my trepidation. I will continue to support Curecoin until I decide not to, it is my decision and I will live with it either way.

Think about it this way: a single person could crash Bitcoin as well. There are many people in the world with more money than the market cap, and thousands more businesses with more than enough money. The entire thing is a risk one way or the other.

Message for info on how to get kickbacks on sites like Nano (above) and CryptoPlay!
vujk

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:45:30 AM

Simply because of the fact that any moment a single person could crash the market, when it gets better established.   I didn't say it was a deal breaker. I am supporting this coin, and all my hash power is on it. It is just something I think about when I check my machines and wonder if I should be hashing at this. I have been mining longer than I have been at this forum, but you are correct I did not get in the original btc startup. I am not whining, just stating my trepidation. I will continue to support Curecoin until I decide not to, it is my decision and I will live with it either way.

Think about it this way: a single person could crash Bitcoin as well. There are many people in the world with more money than the market cap, and thousands more businesses with more than enough money. The entire thing is a risk one way or the other.

I agree, I didn't post to make a stink. Was just stating my reservations about going all in on this project. Like I said, I am supporting it, and will continue to do so.  Wink
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 05:50:14 AM

I agree, I didn't post to make a stink. Was just stating my reservations about going all in on this project. Like I said, I am supporting it, and will continue to do so.  Wink

Oh, I understand your concern. I just wanted to make sure you realized that while this is a gamble, so are cryptos in general, :p. At least this has the benefit of doing more than just burning electricity though. Sadly, I have a rig rented out for another 5 days via BetaRigs so I can't start on this yet, Sad.

r3animation

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:12:43 AM

That's not really nice is it?
Kreativekrypto

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:24:08 AM

Devs, is it possible to fork the f@h software and make it more GPU efficient so we can really get our protein on?

The F@H software has some closed source parts so it's not possible and I think it's GPU efficient already. The F@H project started 9 years before Bitcoin was released so they should have a good idea how to design software.

I see, if it wasn't closed source though, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the crypto community could manage a faster more gpu intensive way though. Let's be reasonable, if our gpu's aren't maxed it's unlikely it's fully optimized.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:31:41 AM

Devs, is it possible to fork the f@h software and make it more GPU efficient so we can really get our protein on?

The F@H software has some closed source parts so it's not possible and I think it's GPU efficient already. The F@H project started 9 years before Bitcoin was released so they should have a good idea how to design software.

I see, if it wasn't closed source though, I wouldn't be surprised if someone from the crypto community could manage a faster more gpu intensive way though. Let's be reasonable, if our gpu's aren't maxed it's unlikely it's fully optimized.

Maybe - but how would you get the work units and deliver the results - that's all from stanford and through their software. GPUs are running in max but it may not for example use a certain portion of your GPU that causes it to heat up a lot - a portion that is just not used for protein folding.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:32:47 AM

Going to have to agree with this. Unless there's a more deep-down reason for why it's not "maxed" in the same manner as Scrypt/BTC/etc. mining is. Like maybe those heavily use a part of the GPU that others don't or something. I don't know hardware specifics but I mean, look at X11. Same principal.

r3animation

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:39:15 AM

Going to have to agree with this. Unless there's a more deep-down reason for why it's not "maxed" in the same manner as Scrypt/BTC/etc. mining is. Like maybe those heavily use a part of the GPU that others don't or something. I don't know hardware specifics but I mean, look at X11. Same principal.

I think F@H is maxing out the GPU but just not the same way as BTC vs Scrypt vs X11.
merc84

Activity: 799
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 06:55:03 AM

Anyone folding with gtx 660, how many ppd, i did some google searching but most of the info is well outdated.
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:04:46 AM

I watch my GPU's pretty closely especially since I've removed the extra cooling in the area where the computers sit and from what I can see the F@H client is far more efficient than any mining software I've seen.  My GPU's are at 100% yet they run far cooler with less fan usage than they ever did running mining software.

As others have mentioned, the F@H programmers have been doing this for quite some time and from what I can see with GPU-Z they certainly seem to know what they are doing.
dime

Activity: 88
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:07:50 AM

A couple of things are the cause of this...

1. Folding at home is not an algorithm. See a previous explanation I gave in this post: (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.msg6708528#msg6708528). Therefore, it is highly dependent on the project and the core it is using what the GPU is doing. So no, people who program for crypto currencies will know fuckall about maximizing gpus for F@H. This is not technically feasible because
 1a. the code must be hardware agnostic (read: NOT optimized) in order to run on the most combination of platforms, gpu generations, hw vendor configurations, driver versions.
 1b. Any optimizations would only apply to specific projects running on cores, etc.

2. Some offtopic commentary about "fully optimizing algorithms". Of course, in a project such as F@H, it would be good to maximize GPUs. But for proof of "work" cryptocurrencies, it's wasteful and INEFFICIENCY should be valued. Consider scrypt, which runs the hottest on GPUs and keeps it at almost peak wattage. How does this give end users ANY benefit? Every gpu gets a share of its hash as a % of the total hash of everyone else using GPUs (not going to bother talking about asics). Therefore, the less efficient the algorithm, the better, as everyone gets the same % while using less electricity.
ranlo
Legendary

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:17:46 AM

A couple of things are the cause of this...

1. Folding at home is not an algorithm. See a previous explanation I gave in this post: (https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757.msg6708528#msg6708528). Therefore, it is highly dependent on the project and the core it is using what the GPU is doing. So no, people who program for crypto currencies will know fuckall about maximizing gpus for F@H. This is not technically feasible because
 1a. the code must be hardware agnostic (read: NOT optimized) in order to run on the most combination of platforms, gpu generations, hw vendor configurations, driver versions.
 1b. Any optimizations would only apply to specific projects running on cores, etc.

2. Some offtopic commentary about "fully optimizing algorithms". Of course, in a project such as F@H, it would be good to maximize GPUs. But for proof of "work" cryptocurrencies, it's wasteful and INEFFICIENCY should be valued. Consider scrypt, which runs the hottest on GPUs and keeps it at almost peak wattage. How does this give end users ANY benefit? Every gpu gets a share of its hash as a % of the total hash of everyone else using GPUs (not going to bother talking about asics). Therefore, the less efficient the algorithm, the better, as everyone gets the same % while using less electricity.

Your last point was a very good one, and it's something I've brought up in the past as well. If we were only able to mine at 1/100 of our speed and barely used our GPU, we'd be just as well off as we are now coin-wise, but without the costs and destruction of hardware as a result of being more powerful.

neuroMode

View Profile
May 19, 2014, 07:22:32 AM

That's not really nice is it?

Well, it was a joke, but my apologies. I said it because I didn't think it mattered why there was a Chinese logo.

Pages: « 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 [66] 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: