Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:20:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 233 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] CureCoin 2.0 is live - Mandatory Update is available now - DEC 2018  (Read 696180 times)
bardacuda

Activity: 430
Merit: 254

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:01:31 PM
Last edit: May 15, 2014, 09:15:01 PM by bardacuda

heya, i want to confirm i got my  CURE(coins)  from folding today ,after 2 days and half of waiting Smiley.

i would like to ask if any1 try it to OC the GPU with TRIXX or afterburn  for better PPD?

tip for charity : BLf33QmfdZ33k6RCvXHGmy642Va3JUb7JF

cheers Smiley

You had 100k points yesterday:

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_summary.php?s=&u=657048

So you should have received your coins today about an hour and a half ago. What does it say on cryptobullionpools?

You can overclock but look back a few posts. It is not recommended because you can get corrupt work units which you will have to start all over and receive no credit for. If you are going to OC make sure it's rock-solid...and then add a few more mV.

from pool:
Your 24 Hour Folding Points [Folding points verified.] --- Valid: 51607
Current Payout Est. [Pay Per Point] --- 3.169138 CUR
 maybe tomorrow i get the rest...

i found this:
by privater » Wed Jun 18, 2008 3:37 pm
Tested some freq about Core /Mem/Shader
found that Overclock Shader is the most effcient way to improve performance.
And ,we know that Shader clock only affect temprature a little
Core Clock only affect Result a little.
Memory Clock almost useless.
so we can simply downgrade core clock,give more room for Shader overclock
and downgrade mem clock help to reduce heat generation.
and GREATLY increase the Shader Clock。Which result best performance.
Tested by 8800GT. Cheesy

Note the date and 8800GT. Shader clocks are no longer differentiated from core clocks. It is true about the mem...for AMD increments of 250MHz are best, because the timings are loosened every 250....so 1250 is faster than 1251 and 1500 is faster than 1501, etc. Anything over 1250 can start to become unstable unless you can adjust memory voltage. Anyhow, core clock is the most significant. Make sure it has enough voltage to be absolutely stable if you do this.

EDIT: Good to know about the payout. That must mean that the cut-off is somewhere between 9pm and 12am CDT. In fact my payout today exactly matched my points earned between 12am and 9pm according to that site soo...yeah.

EDIT2: Also, gratz on 10 WU. Have you set up your passkey? You should start to earn bonus points for each WU now.

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
ChasingTheDream

Activity: 292
Merit: 250

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:31:53 PM

heya, i want to confirm i got my  CURE(coins)  from folding today ,after 2 days and half of waiting Smiley.

i would like to ask if any1 try it to OC the GPU with TRIXX or afterburn  for better PPD?

cheers Smiley

I would say OC'ing probably isn't worth the effort.  You can and most likely will lose many hours of work to "hung" work units if you go too far and you won't know it until you do.

I've actually turned the OC'ing down on my R290X TRI-X cards essentially putting them back to regular 290X settings to avoid the hung work units.  So far that seems to have worked but I'll know more after more work gets done.  From what I've seen so far the estimated PPD has not diminished much as a result of slowing the cards down and from a practical sense the PPD has increased because the WU are actually finishing.
cameronpalte

Activity: 294

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 09:40:53 PM

cheers Smiley

I would say OC'ing probably isn't worth the effort.  You can and most likely will lose many hours of work to "hung" work units if you go too far and you won't know it until you do.

I've actually turned the OC'ing down on my R290X TRI-X cards essentially putting them back to regular 290X settings to avoid the hung work units.  So far that seems to have worked but I'll know more after more work gets done.  From what I've seen so far the estimated PPD has not diminished much as a result of slowing the cards down and from a practical sense the PPD has increased because the WU are actually finishing.

Same thing happened to me and I had to down throttle on hung work units - worth it more in the end.

Bitcoin Facuet List - Free http://bitcoinsfaucetslist.blogspot.com/
deathchuck2

Activity: 51
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:17:55 PM

Auto Threshold Payment from cryptobullionpools.com working great. Good job and thanks DEV
Thom

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

Be kind man, don't be mankind

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 10:21:01 PM

I have compiled a Mac Wallet. If the community could get together some donations for my time it would be much appreciated.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/t2m6uphlr878otp

Wallet Address
BDCyKN5uJ4pcwYaZdD8acPFpWzmH2aCUJU

Thanks,
w8

LEGIT.

And damn it's nice to see a blockchain sync from scratch in under a minute. It's a very, very early point to mention it, but an electrum-a-like wallet for curecoin would be sweet in future once the blockchain is a bigger sync.

For now: More nodes! +1

It's short for Thomassina ⚥ • BTC veteran, Bitcointalk neophyte • BTC1THoM4cn8hHTyE637DEPMCLcerZe1mL1X • Cex.IO Cloud Mining - don't risk preorders, mine & trade now!
༺ ☤ Curecoin - Fold Proteins, Earn Coins! ☤   CURE: B8cjEuGKH3qofsxGGEVYdTwUrpfCTxQP7u ༻
Mastermine

Activity: 440

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:21:25 PM

Some things Curecoin needs:

1.  Mac wallet
2.  Visually appealing Curecoin website - I think pink is a good colour to use for this as pink is the colour used in cancer fundraising campaigns, they have a "wear it pink" campaign.  Also purple and burgundy.   It's important it isn't too 'business like' and is clearly linked to cancer research and has a friendly, bubbly, not so 'formal' or 'technical/complicated' appearance, but it still needs to look modern and cool.
3.  Press release - including details of Curecoins amazing achievements as a folding team.
4.  New coin image (imo).  The current one is ok for an alpha project but it just does not inspire.  Compare it to Darkcoins coin image which looks awesome.  We need something cutting edge like that, but more cuddly.

Can these be covered by the Dev fund?

Big +1, this is the single most important crypto related landmark after Bitcoin itself imho.
This and gridcoin are the future, or at least part of a bright future for mining/distributed computing and cryptocurrencies.

Hey devs,

If you're scared about donors dumping and killing the market, you could release the coins to them in a staggered manner. Like 15% every week or something of this sort.

Might not be a bad idea, but manipulating the markets is a bit shady.
Let them have their coins and let the market regulate itself...the focus should be on promotion and developments.

agreed good to see we have that mac wallet already.. the website is currently under works and should be up and running  very soon (within a day or two id imagine its really close to done).  The press releases are expected to come soon I have done some spreading of the word through fox news, statesman journal and a few others here locally for me.  Whatever you all can do to spread the word to the news companies and newspapers do it! Show up on there forums/websites youd be surprised how many times they run a story from there forums.  More people sending messages to fox12 would help quite a bit too im sure.  We should be showing up in the news anytime now at least here in the pacific NW.  

http://www.kptv.com/category/210054/contact-fox-12

go there and let them know the truths about curecoin and its current accomplishments.  We will appear in the news if there is enough people showing interest.  do the same thing at any news sites you can.  We need this to hit people outside the bitcoin community.  We need to attract new people to the cryptocurrency that will help us  save lives! help us get there Smiley.  

I am not a developer nor affiliated directly with any of the curecoin team (asside from recently meeting them and occasional conversations).  I am simply trying to help spread the word, you all should too Smiley.  If there was ever a coin for the community to step in and help out this is it.  We are growing extremely fast.  Help spread the word and keep us in this uptrend!
TaffThomas

Activity: 48
Merit: 0

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:23:03 PM

I have a 5x7950, however, only 3 of them are working, the others 2 are working rather slow. Is it because of my CPU core that cannot handle the 5 GPUs?

Probably, try disabling the cpu from folding and watch the cpu usage.

I disabled the CPU folding already, CPU usage is 100% now.

I had the identical problem with my 5 GPUs.  I bought a new 4 core i7 CPU replacing my dual core CPU and now it rocks;  Spent ages fiddling before hand.  It's not like Scrypt mining in that sense it has dependencies on the CPU as well
bardacuda

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 10:36:51 PM

agreed good to see we have that mac wallet already.. the website is currently under works and should be up and running  very soon (within a day or two id imagine its really close to done).  The press releases are expected to come soon I have done some spreading of the word through fox news, statesman journal and a few others here locally for me.  Whatever you all can do to spread the word to the news companies and newspapers do it! Show up on there forums/websites youd be surprised how many times they run a story from there forums.  More people sending messages to fox12 would help quite a bit too im sure.  We should be showing up in the news anytime now at least here in the pacific NW.  

go there and let them know the truths about curecoin and its current accomplishments.  We will appear in the news if there is enough people showing interest.  do the same thing at any news sites you can.  We need this to hit people outside the bitcoin community.  We need to attract new people to the cryptocurrency that will help us  save lives! help us get there Smiley.  

I am not a developer nor affiliated directly with any of the curecoin team (asside from recently meeting them and occasional conversations).  I am simply trying to help spread the word, you all should too Smiley.  If there was ever a coin for the community to step in and help out this is it.  We are growing extremely fast.  Help spread the word and keep us in this uptrend!

I suggested last night to the "I f#$&ing love science" facebook page that they should do a post about it. I figure it's the best spot to get people's attention...millions of likes, and the people seeing it are people that have computers and internet and, well, they f#$&ing love science....and who doesn't like earning curecoins?

The future will rely on AI. SingularityNET lets anyone create, monetize, and use AI at scale. From the creators of Sophia the Robot.
o3u

Activity: 393

Money comes, money goes

View Profile
May 15, 2014, 11:33:41 PM

I suggested last night to the "I f#$&ing love science" facebook page that they should do a post about it. I figure it's the best spot to get people's attention...millions of likes, and the people seeing it are people that have computers and internet and, well, they f#$&ing love science....and who doesn't like earning curecoins?

This would be awesome
cygnusxi (OP)

Activity: 397
Merit: 251

CureCoin Lead Dev

View Profile WWW
May 15, 2014, 11:52:30 PM

More adjustments have been made to get quicker payouts, please set up auto pay threshold to 1 to ensure proper fast payments. The manual payout system is getting another upgrade, so again, for now please set auto pay to 1.

Congrats again for moving up in the ranks Team Curecoin! We are rank #70 already!!!

Cheers

CygnusXI

Edit - I have not tested the mac wallet ( dont have a mac to test on ), two users say it work, but if you notice one of the users was the first one to post a mac wallet that ended up being a grumpy cat photo, so until more users can safely test the mac wallet I would proceed with caution.

Fold Proteins, earn cryptos! CureCoin. https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=603757 MergeFold with FoldingCoin https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=781352.0
w8

Activity: 187
Merit: 100

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:47:19 AM

More adjustments have been made to get quicker payouts, please set up auto pay threshold to 1 to ensure proper fast payments. The manual payout system is getting another upgrade, so again, for now please set auto pay to 1.

Congrats again for moving up in the ranks Team Curecoin! We are rank #70 already!!!

Cheers

CygnusXI

Edit - I have not tested the mac wallet ( dont have a mac to test on ), two users say it work, but if you notice one of the users was the first one to post a mac wallet that ended up being a grumpy cat photo, so until more users can safely test the mac wallet I would proceed with caution.

Just to be fair to the person you said posted the first Mac Wallet. The mac icon file (.icns) supplied with the source code is a grumpy cat photo.

Here is the virustotal report for the wallet I compiled.

https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/e7dc93de937cc6f2f13d3f6bbe0bbdb22a795532dbc62d1318755fae1573c1e7/analysis/1400201127/

Thanks,
w8
ivanlabrie

Activity: 812
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 12:50:23 AM

This is worth mentioning: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=167229.msg6754161#msg6754161
bardacuda

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 01:16:13 AM

Oh that's nice...it was only a matter of time before people started trying to do that stuff. Everyone needs to understand that the client doesn't always display the right ETA, and that they are only hurting themselves and more importantly the science by dropping WUs and missing out on their bonus points.

sumgye

Activity: 280

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:20:13 AM

Oh that's nice...it was only a matter of time before people started trying to do that stuff. Everyone needs to understand that the client doesn't always display the right ETA, and that they are only hurting themselves and more importantly the science by dropping WUs and missing out on their bonus points.

It might be worth mentioning the importance of finishing work units and the kind of commitment we need from people in big bold letters on the getting started information page.

Best I can compare it to is when you're downloading a torrent and you get to the end of the download but nobody is seeding the last piece.

Its like that,  but instead you might singlehandedly set a huge and important medical research calculation back by up to a week because you couldn't be bothered to finish what you started.

Preaching to the choir I know. Can't help myself sometimes Grin
Cheena

Activity: 221

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 02:30:55 AM

It might be worth mentioning the importance of finishing work units and the kind of commitment we need from people in big bold letters on the getting started information page.

Best I can compare it to is when you're downloading a torrent and you get to the end of the download but nobody is seeding the last piece.

Its like that,  but instead you might singlehandedly set a huge and important medical research calculation back by up to a week because you couldn't be bothered to finish what you started.

Preaching to the choir I know. Can't help myself sometimes Grin

+1 the importance of finishing WU's should be highlighted in the OP.

HODL !
ChristianVirtual

Activity: 71
Merit: 10

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 03:41:17 AM

+1, dumping WU it will do no good for this project. Keep folding started WU. You can configure slot to not receive any new WU once finished.
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:16:29 AM

+1, dumping WU it will do no good for this project. Keep folding started WU. You can configure slot to not receive any new WU once finished.

Agreed - as already said we need to get this in the OP.

kqpahv

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 04:37:00 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 05:05:38 AM by kqpahv

I can definately see some people dumping WU's. Got a Fahcorex16 project yesterday on just one of my cards and it was so CPU intensive it halfed my overall PPD on the whole rig because non of the GPU's werent utilizing correctly and the cpu was constantly under 100% load. That bastard had a 10h+ ETA aswell but I stuck to it  Grin

Is cryptobullion calculating the 24h avarage for the last 7 days as http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ is ? As i am gaining way more total points per day than my 24h avarage is. In this case my payouts get in line with my actual production only after seven days of constant mining  Huh
cameronpalte

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:33:12 AM

I can definately see some people dumping WU's. Got a Fahcorex16 project yesterday on just one of my cards and it was so CPU intensive it halfed my overall PPD on the whole rig because non of the GPU's werent utilizing correctly and the cpu was constantly under 100% load. That bastard had a 10h+ ETA aswell but I stuck to it  Grin

Is cryptobullion calculating the 24h avarage for the last 7 days as http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/ is ? As i am gaining way more total points per day than my 24h avarage is. In this case my payouts get in line with my actual production only after seven days of constant mining  Huh

How long have you been mining and how long have you been with the pool. If those numbers are different that could explain your problem. Either way I would just ignore your 24h average and focus on the number of points you are actually getting.

kqpahv

Activity: 229

View Profile
May 16, 2014, 05:59:07 AM
Last edit: May 16, 2014, 06:11:37 AM by kqpahv

Been mining in cryptobullion since day one but only started out with ~800 000 PPD and those machines were hanging WU's on the first days also. For the past 36 hours I have been mining full on about 8 000 000 PPD a day and the gain in my total score pretty much confirms that. Cryptobullion is showing only 1 500 000 for my 24h avarage and so is http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/. Reading from the extremeoverclocking FAQ they say that the 24h avarage is calculated total points for last 7 days divided by seven. As Cryptobullion and extremeoverclocking numbers are almost identical I can assume that cryptobullion uses the same calculation. So you are actually getting paid for your last SEVEN DAYS avarage daily production not the last 24h production Undecided So for the first couple of days you are gettng paid almost nothing but just building up your avarage.
In a way this could be a good thing stabilizing the market but at the moment I feel kinda deceived as I am getting paid only 19% of what I am actually mining and this will be big discouragement for any new folders.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 [48] 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 ... 233 »
  Print  

Jump to: