Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:16:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:32:05 PM

Somebody suggested here to make a `refferal program` to distribute the leftover stakes.
Did you heard of Latium? You can hear about it everywhere over the forum.Some madmans are posting refferal links over everywhere and a lot of people are getting annoyed by these. They are getting annoyed, they start to fight with those madmans and they don't even get interested in the coin even if it's a good coin cause they are shouting everywhere that is a scam because of this agressive referal stuff .   (I don`t say that it`s a good coin or shitcoin because i`m not interested in it so...)
I think if you make a distribution by a refferal program also Ora can fall in a trap like Latium.
Just an oppinion.

Thanks for the warning! I'm feeling more confident that we'll generate enough interest in ORA without having to resort to those type of tactics. Referral schemes are a good example of the power that comes from being able to measure peoples contributions, but there are other ways too, like peer recognition (i.e voting).

I've already had some very encouraging contact from quality crypto sites like coinssource.com, and if we play our cards right, and try and focus on staying transparent & accountable with how we do things, I think we can generate a nice buzz eventually without any gimmicks. I'd like ORA to always be known as an ethical community that values its collective integrity. That's why having the stakes given away FREE in a fair and transparent way was so critical, and why organising into a starfish decentralised leaderless organisation asap is also critical. Power corrupts people, and that's why Satoshi & BCNext were wise to disappear when they respectively did.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:34:12 PM

@DarkhorseofNxt
Of course, I was just thinking out loud. Wink

Here are some stats as of this moment (just updated list).

Total entries on list: 988
106 does not appear in the NXT block explorer ("0" in third column).
Since this number is still quite high I may have to send out a reminder to people.

Also, 190 have not secured their account by making an outgoing transaction ("0" in forth column).

*Sakura*
@Great idea IMO to reward people for keeping their stakes.

Mac Red, you are the man!

Guys that still have issues securing your account, pls do so quickly if you want your stakes. Cool

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:35:56 PM

I think we need to think about the system of incentives for long-term investors.
For example, if the participant has not sold more than 10% by the end of the month, he should be rewarded.
Need to determine the size of the reward.
This will help keep acceptable prices on the market.

I like this idea, but I'm not sure how we do this on the NXT AE. I like an automated system, so maybe we could write a script to do this. Maybe we can suggest this to nio for the ORA software also.

testadimerlo

Activity: 826
Merit: 263

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 01:48:29 PM

I think we need to think about the system of incentives for long-term investors.
For example, if the participant has not sold more than 10% by the end of the month, he should be rewarded.

I like this idea, but I'm not sure how we do this on the NXT AE. I like an automated system, so maybe we could write a script to do this. Maybe we can suggest this to nio for the ORA software also.

To be rewarded for holding is a correct idea, but like kora said, it is important to find the right way to do it. If someone hold tons of coins to reward in the future the holders, market will have fear of such premine. There is the risk to achieve the opposite goal
*Sakura*
Legendary

Activity: 1624
Merit: 1005

I wish you all love and profitable investments!!!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:04:06 PM

I like NHZ team's decision on this issue. This is stakeholder bounty script.

Each user gets a 10% annual bonus every day automatically, depending on the amount of coins in his wallet.
It reads all balances b, and pays out (b*0.1)/365 NHZ every day.

This would be a very good incentive for long-term investment.

Edit: Part of the remaining shares we can use to finance this action.
fragORA

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:16:26 PM

First i will be creating an account with a minimum 50 characters password. Ensuring the safety of the passphrase first.

You are correct. Once issued you cannot re-edit the description. So come up with a good asset description and then send me them (description + fee) together. Should be able to do it today.

Also heads-up, i will be away on holidays from friday this week until tuesday next week. I wont have any access to pc and maybe only contactable by mobile. So the faster we do this, the better.

I've been reading other asset descriptions and the DORC one is very general, but covers the 'legal' aspects very well. I'm thinking we can base ORA asset blurb heavily on this:

1. DORCS ASSETS are bearer assets issued via a digitally signed certificate on the NXT AE. 2. The issuer maintains no records of who owns the assets. 3. Ownership is transferred by transferring the digital certificate representing a particular asset. 4. Whoever can demonstrate ownership of the private-key securing the certificate is presumed to own the asset. For a more detailed description of the Asset, please refer to http://www.dorcsgames.com/nxtaedescription/

Then we put all the details on the website http://ora.to. Speaking of website, who can whip up a quick page for our new domain?

@Darkhorse, enjoy your holiday, if we get the asset listed before you go great, but we may not have time for the distribution before Friday, but that's fine with me. We can take a bit more time and avoid mistakes. One thing I'm still unsure of is when we use NXT voting system my understanding is the user pays a 1 NXT fee for the transaction AND they also pay a fee in the asset (i.e. a vote will cost 1 ORA asset as well). Is that how others read the situation?

We can just copy ora.net and replace pray with pay everywhere:)
 I can help out with the website if you wish. I wouldn't be experienced enough to run and set up the whole site but I could help with updates / maintenance etc

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
lordoliver
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1020

expect(brain).toHaveBeenUsed()

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:38:43 PM

Shocked
 Cry
poor mankind...
Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 02:46:00 PM

First i will be creating an account with a minimum 50 characters password. Ensuring the safety of the passphrase first.

You are correct. Once issued you cannot re-edit the description. So come up with a good asset description and then send me them (description + fee) together. Should be able to do it today.

Also heads-up, i will be away on holidays from friday this week until tuesday next week. I wont have any access to pc and maybe only contactable by mobile. So the faster we do this, the better.

I've been reading other asset descriptions and the DORC one is very general, but covers the 'legal' aspects very well. I'm thinking we can base ORA asset blurb heavily on this:

1. DORCS ASSETS are bearer assets issued via a digitally signed certificate on the NXT AE. 2. The issuer maintains no records of who owns the assets. 3. Ownership is transferred by transferring the digital certificate representing a particular asset. 4. Whoever can demonstrate ownership of the private-key securing the certificate is presumed to own the asset. For a more detailed description of the Asset, please refer to http://www.dorcsgames.com/nxtaedescription/

Then we put all the details on the website http://ora.to. Speaking of website, who can whip up a quick page for our new domain?

@Darkhorse, enjoy your holiday, if we get the asset listed before you go great, but we may not have time for the distribution before Friday, but that's fine with me. We can take a bit more time and avoid mistakes. One thing I'm still unsure of is when we use NXT voting system my understanding is the user pays a 1 NXT fee for the transaction AND they also pay a fee in the asset (i.e. a vote will cost 1 ORA asset as well). Is that how others read the situation?

We can just copy ora.net and replace pray with pay everywhere:)
 I can help out with the website if you wish. I wouldn't be experienced enough to run and set up the whole site but I could help with updates / maintenance etc

Thanks! That's so funny Smiley

We could put together a pretty good joint venture with those guys, pay for your sins  .... with crypto!!

ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 03:44:53 PM

As i stated few weeks ago, the change of the name from Kora to ORA is a quite stupid.  Lips sealed

Ora, in spanish, is the third person of the present of the verb "orar" which stands for "pray".
This means that every possible spanish-talker user of Ora will feel really "awkward" every time he says the "word".  Undecided
kartilago

Activity: 203
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 06:40:00 PM

As i stated few weeks ago, the change of the name from Kora to ORA is a quite stupid.  Lips sealed

Ora, in spanish, is the third person of the present of the verb "orar" which stands for "pray".
This means that every possible spanish-talker user of Ora will feel really "awkward" every time he says the "word".  Undecided
I am native spanish speaker from Spain, and I dont see any problem in ORA name. It is truth what you say but the sound ORA in spanish has other means, like "hour", for example.
Do not like the name ORA, would like ZORA (and ZORRITA for the satoshi) but ORA won.
Tompa

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 07:38:15 PM

As i stated few weeks ago, the change of the name from Kora to ORA is a quite stupid.  Lips sealed

This means that every possible spanish-talker user of Ora will feel really "awkward" every time he says the "word".  Undecided
I am native spanish speaker from Spain, and I dont see any problem in ORA name. It is truth what you say but the sound ORA in spanish has other means, like "hour", for example.
Do not like the name ORA, would like ZORA (and ZORRITA for the satoshi) but ORA won.

And then in Croatian zora = dawn. So you can go around from language to language and never be truly satisfied.
I like ora although kora wasn't bad either. Although kora in Croatian is crust. :-D
ORA is simple, unique and short. and plural is made easy. 10 oras.... how many oras is this? etc.

BitcoinForumator
Legendary

Activity: 1120

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 08:06:47 PM

Why not something different, like 'centora'?

sounds like centaur, and you have some marketing options with this name

centaur, cents...
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 09:24:04 PM
Last edit: July 21, 2014, 09:35:45 PM by Mac Red

About NXT wallets.

I guess I haven't been specific enough when it comes to different kinds of NXT accounts (so much to keep track of).

Someone just asked me over PM if it's okay to receive the stake via the online wallet @ https://wallet.mynxt.info

Well truthfully I doubt it? At least I don't see any option there for assets? Can anyone verify please.

I plan on sending out a mail to everyone on the stakeholder list. In this mail I'll remind them to:
1. Make sure their NXT address exists in the block explorer
2. Secure their NXT address via an outgoing transaction
3. Download and use the client @ http://www.nxt.org, and if they haven't already done so, PM me a new NXT address

If instruction #3 is indeed needed for this to work and it's not followed I currently don't know how to check for this automatically. The address will still pop up in the block explorer.
asboxi

Activity: 236

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 10:26:29 PM

HI, I've checked my e-mail and i see I was on the list also I've checked the PM OutBox and i sent a PM to Mac Red, Is it too late to claim my part?

bitcoin XT believer
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:08:50 PM

@asboxi
Sent you a PM. Cool
asboxi

Activity: 236

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:14:55 PM

@asboxi
Sent you a PM. Cool

thanks for the quicker reply.

bitcoin XT believer
UrsaMajorisBeta

Activity: 529
Merit: 500

We are the ones we've been waiting for

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:50:36 PM

@asboxi
Sent you a PM. Cool

Hi, Mac Red, I have a similar issue, I sent you a pm correcting my nxt registration number. It's awesome the whole work you are managing right now.

▄▄▄▄▄  ████████████▄                 
                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████         ███▄               
     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▄███████████████████████         ████        ████       ███████▄             
   ▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████████          ██████████  ▄▄█▄ ▄▄████▄▄       ▀████     █████████▄           
 ▄███             ██████▄          █████████ █████████████         ▀██     ██████████           
███     ▄▄▄▄▄     ████████   ██     ███████ █████ ████████     ██          █████▀████           
███     █████▄▄▄▄▄███████            ████████████ ████████     ████        ███████▀██           
███     ███       ██████              █████▄█████ █████         ████       ███████▀             
███     ▀████     █████     ▀██▀      ▀▀████ ████     █         █████▄▄▄▄▄▄███████              
████              ███▀       ██         ██      ▄▄▄▄▄██████████████▀         ▀█████          
 ████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄█████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██               ▀███▀             ▀████        
██          █████        ██                 ██                 ██       ███▄    ██████▄       
██           ███        ▄██▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  ████     █████     ██▄        ▀▀▀▀██████████▄   
██▄▄          █        ███████     █████████████     ▀▀▀▀      ████▄           ▀██████████  
 ███                   ███████         █████████             ▄███▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄      ██████████
 ███    █        █     ███████     ▄▄▄▄█████████     ██     ▀████       ▀▀      ██████████
 ███    ██      ██     ███████     ██████   ████     ██▄      ▀██▄▄            ███████▀███ 
██▀▀    ▀▀█    ███       ██▀▀▀              ██         ██       ▀███▄        ▄██████████▀█
██        ██████         ██                 ██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████████████████████████       
██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
 ▀███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀
    ▀███████████████████████████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

FIRST P2P BETTING PLATFORM
Facebook   |   Twitter   |   Telegram   |   Reddit

TRY NEW BETA
FIFA WORLD CUP
    [
See our website:
]
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961

View Profile
July 21, 2014, 11:54:17 PM

I don't know what Spanish you are using but hour in Spanish is hora and not ora, but I agree with you I like also the name Zorra Smiley

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
SpiryGolden

Activity: 812
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:17:17 AM

So when we going to recieve our Ora in our NXT AE ?
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2014, 02:45:29 AM

About NXT wallets.

I guess I haven't been specific enough when it comes to different kinds of NXT accounts (so much to keep track of).

Someone just asked me over PM if it's okay to receive the stake via the online wallet @ https://wallet.mynxt.info

Well truthfully I doubt it? At least I don't see any option there for assets? Can anyone verify please.

I plan on sending out a mail to everyone on the stakeholder list. In this mail I'll remind them to:
1. Make sure their NXT address exists in the block explorer
2. Secure their NXT address via an outgoing transaction
3. Download and use the client @ http://www.nxt.org, and if they haven't already done so, PM me a new NXT address

If instruction #3 is indeed needed for this to work and it's not followed I currently don't know how to check for this automatically. The address will still pop up in the block explorer.

For now i dont think you can receive the assets in the online wallet. Probably this feature will be added soon. Best use the client to receive the assets.

Pages: « 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 [69] 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: