Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 11:33:55 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
gvans

Activity: 281
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 01:30:48 AM

Ok i am a nxt noob, my address has both zeros, do i need to make a nxt transaction to be able to change that?

And if i make a transaction does that allow me to log into the nxt asset exchange? Thanks guys

Yes you must have at least one outgoing transaction. This can be achieved by sending nxt to another account or registering alias for example (pick any random free alias you wish)
If you have zero balance get some nxt first here http://nxtra.org/faucet/

BTC 1Mye3mqB9WQdCj3uFwx6zcRArnzbUiq6Ro  ★ [NXT] NXT-RA49-RXFR-V6WE-97HT9
★ [ORA] LOGO  ★ [NEM] LOGO  ★ [NXT] MONOLITH  ★ [EXO] LOGO  ★ [FIMK] LOGO  ★ [NODE] LOGO

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Kora (OP)

Activity: 308

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:15:05 AM

I'd like to rekindle the idea of reserved stakes for a social network referral program (not now, but sometime in the future).

Earlier this year, buttercoin had a very good early-access referral program.  Based upon how many people used your referral code, your rank on the early access list rose.  This helped limit sockpuppetry and encourage those with many social media followers to promote.

After the referral period, portions of all remaining stakes are distributed according to where each person ranks on this list.   Maybe someone very low on the list gets 0.1% of one stake, whereas someone high on the list gets 50% of one stake.  (and, maybe someone smarter than me can come up with a better scaled distribution model Wink )

A program like this encourages a strong word of mouth campaign, gives those more influential a heftier stake, and limits the amount of stake for somebody trying to cheat with multiple accounts.

Great suggestion, thanks! Like the management gurus always say, 'if you can't measure something, you can't manage it' ... maybe for a decentralised community we should change that to, 'if you can't measure something, you can't reward it (as easily)'

One of the major motivations behind distributing the stakes on the NXT AE BEFORE we launch 'our' coin is I'm hoping it will help people pay 'kora tips' to each other for doing good work DURING development, and for that to work well it would be great to focus on ways we can measure people's contributions, especially for promotion & marketing.

Obviously not all activities can be measured, but some can, and things like referral programs can be very effective.

As soon as we can start paying each other tips on the NXT AE we will see who the active community members are. All are welcome, but the 'active' people really make a coin 'work', and if we have some way to say thank you to those people for their efforts we'll all be better off in the long run.

Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:26:59 AM

I'm glad to see this coin moving forward.

50% of coin supply for shareholders is already quite low, I am against additional reservations, keep in mind that other 50% is already reserved for various purposes.

having public key on nxt is new kora shareholder requirement? first time i see this mentioned. may be little annoying for first time nxt users.

Don't forget that the initial 50% distribution to stakeholders is at the beginning, but further distribution will happen later too.

Here is the distribution:

50% - distributed equally to ~3000 webapp registration applicants
5% - goes to the registration webapp dev
5% - goes to the dev who clones Qora, and creates the Kora wallet applications
2% - Kora founder
8% - goes to node bot bounties
4% - website & marketing
1% - Qora dev
25% - POWER BOUNTIES

37% more will be distributed to community members (8% + 4% + 25%), but that will go to people for "doing things", and that's a key part of the (K)Ora strategy - having enough resources to reward & motivate people into the future.

The 'dev' share is 12% (5% each to Mac Red & nioccoin, and 2% for me)

Last, but not least, is 1% to the Qora dev as a thank you for using his source code (in what exact way will be decided by nioccoin).

So, 87% will go to community members (99% if you count Mac Red, nioccoin & me as part of the community). The key is 50% is 100% FREE, and the remainder will be paid to people who do useful 'things' for the community as judged by ALL of us.

I think the balance is OK (I hope!)

As for the public key requirement, that's to protect YOU. If you don't have a public key attached to your NXT account you aren't fully protected with 256 bit encryption, so that 'requirement' is really there to protect NXT newbies.

maimaiti

Activity: 82
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:28:30 AM

good job.
I am late and pm red to verify my ID.
please check it and let me in.
thanks.

zhaohui

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:33:01 AM

Current list of stakeholders

Some important notes. Please read this carefully.

1. NXT addresses are only listed partially. This is normal and doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your address. We have your whole address.
We just didn't feel it was necessary to list everyone's full address at this stage. After distribution all NXT addresses will be clearly visible for everyone to see.

2. If your NXT address has not been found in the block explorer there will be a "0" in the third column. In this case, please fix it (see link below). We must verify your address is actually valid before distribution can happen.
Once you are listed in the block explorer you'll get a "1" in the column instead. This update will not happen automatically so please be patient. You do not need to let us know you're visible in the explorer. We'll make a check for this every day.

Again, the link to the block explorer is:
http://87.230.14.1/nxt/nxt.cgi

3. If your NXT address does not have a public key there will be a "0" in the forth column. In this case, please fix it by making an outgoing transaction. This is just for your own safety, to secure your address.
Once you got yourself a public key you'll get a "1" in the column instead. Again, this update will not happen automatically so please be patient. You do not need to let us know you got one. We'll make a check for this every day.

To summarise. If you're on the list, you think the NXT address looks good and you got a "1" in the last two columns, you don't have to do anything more right now. All is good.

----

Question: My NXT Address is not correct
Answer: Send me a PM with the new one (from the same BTT account of course).

Question: I'm not on the list. Why?
Answer: There could basically be four reasons:
a) The system filtered you out as a sockpuppet (most likely). This means you used the same computer as another entry.
b) We have manually removed you from the list because your entry was more or less identical to another entry (or you simply didn't bother to fill out the form properly).
c) You actually didn't sign up (entered an incorrect BTT ID or didn't actually submit the form).
d) You haven't gotten your BTT ID verified yet. You can do this by sending me a PM. And you'll then pop up on the list if your entry is otherwise okay (should not take longer than 24 hours).

PM me if you got any questions about not being on the list. And we'll see what we can do about it. I'll respond within 48 hours.

That's all for now.

// Mac
Dev , I am not in the list ,don't know why ,I am not a sockpuppet. I have sent you a PM again,please check me in. Just don't want to miss your project , this community will not be so successful without your dev's hard work. Thanks.

perado

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 03:19:50 AM

The team are really doing something,thats the good news.
sxh

Activity: 58
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:01:57 AM

Sorry, I forgot pm it. Now make up, please add me to the list. Thank you.
Kora (OP)

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:14:20 AM

I have started a Logo design discussion & submission thread!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.new#new

Have fun Smiley

hala

Activity: 546
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:49:29 AM

I have started a Logo design discussion & submission thread!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697958.new#new

Have fun Smiley

i hope there would be a reward for the logo competition.
davien

Activity: 462

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:58:30 AM

1. NXT addresses are only listed partially. This is normal and doesn't mean there's anything wrong with your address. We have your whole address.
We just didn't feel it was necessary to list everyone's full address at this stage. After distribution all NXT addresses will be clearly visible for everyone to see.

2. If your NXT address has not been found in the block explorer there will be a "0" in the third column. In this case, please fix it (see link below). We must verify your address is actually valid before distribution can happen.
Once you are listed in the block explorer you'll get a "1" in the column instead. This update will not happen automatically so please be patient. You do not need to let us know you're visible in the explorer. We'll make a check for this every day.

3. If your NXT address does not have a public key there will be a "0" in the forth column. In this case, please fix it by making an outgoing transaction. This is just for your own safety, to secure your address.
Once you got yourself a public key you'll get a "1" in the column instead. Again, this update will not happen automatically so please be patient. You do not need to let us know you got one. We'll make a check for this every day.

To summarise. If you're on the list, you think the NXT address looks good and you got a "1" in the last two columns, you don't have to do anything more right now. All is good.

----

a) The system filtered you out as a sockpuppet (most likely). This means you used the same computer as another entry.
b) We have manually removed you from the list because your entry was more or less identical to another entry (or you simply didn't bother to fill out the form properly).
c) You actually didn't sign up (entered an incorrect BTT ID or didn't actually submit the form).
d) You haven't gotten your BTT ID verified yet. You can do this by sending me a PM. And you'll then pop up on the list if your entry is otherwise okay (should not take longer than 24 hours).

PM me if you got any questions about not being on the list. And we'll see what we can do about it. I'll respond within 48 hours.

That's all for now.

// Mac

you did a wonderful job  , big big thank you!

Equate

Activity: 770
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:09:35 AM

Great job by Mac Red , thanks .
JulioCesar

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:38:10 AM

Do you have an ETA for Kora??

ETA on Nxt AE?

On Nxt AE? Kora is distributed on Nxt AE? You can explain?  Roll Eyes

1b7150efc4abdc96f11a0b678d974541318a4a7973e0588d4849651551963a7d
ShroomsKit_Disgrace
Legendary

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000

Yeah! I hate ShroomsKit!

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 10:42:24 AM

ETA on Nxt AE?

Did you ever read the title of this thread?

"issued NXT AE asap"
JulioCesar

Activity: 64

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 11:38:39 AM

ETA on Nxt AE?

Did you ever read the title of this thread?

"issued NXT AE asap"

as I read it, it was not yet  Cheesy

1b7150efc4abdc96f11a0b678d974541318a4a7973e0588d4849651551963a7d
helloge
Legendary

Activity: 1057
Merit: 1000

The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 02:19:38 PM

----

That's all for now.

// Mac
thanks for the update,
can we be informed the total number of applications and the total number of applications which have verified?

▄▄███▄▄             
            ███████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄    ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
     ▄▄███▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀  ▄▄███▄▄   
   ███████████▄▄     ███████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄  ▀▀███▀▀   
         ▀▀█████████████▄▄       
     ▄▄███▄▄ ▀▀█████████████▄▄   
   ████████████▄▄ ▀▀████████████ 
     ▀▀████████████▄▄ ▀▀█████▀▀   
         ▀▀████████████           
             ▀▀█████▀▀           

.CARDSTACK..............
...The Experience Layer of the Decentralized Internet.....
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..Bringing scalability and usability to....
..dApps for mass market adoption......
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
..TOKEN EVENT      .GET ON WHITELIST.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---Twitter   ⦁   Telegram   ⦁   Blog   ⦁   Bitcointalk----
testcoin

Activity: 465

View Profile WWW
July 17, 2014, 03:21:02 PM

----

That's all for now.

// Mac

Thanks Mac Red for your efforts!

Finally see a formal shareholders list and I'm on the list  Wink

It appears that most people still have a "0" in the forth column. I understand it's about missing a public key and these addresses are less secure. So if these addresses still get "0" in the forth column at the time when you issue NXT AE tokens then will you skip them all?
fragout
Legendary

Activity: 1279
Merit: 1018

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 04:43:25 PM

----

That's all for now.

// Mac

Thanks Mac Red for your efforts!

Finally see a formal shareholders list and I'm on the list  Wink

It appears that most people still have a "0" in the forth column. I understand it's about missing a public key and these addresses are less secure. So if these addresses still get "0" in the forth column at the time when you issue NXT AE tokens then will you skip them all?

Yes they need to send a transaction. I can send out a few NXT for those that need it or better yet go to the NXT faucet and get some free NXT
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 05:49:30 PM

Just a quick note to anybody who has sent me a PM.

I'm having a bit of a sick day so there'll be some delay for when I'll be able to get to your particular issue. Hopefully I'm feeling better tomorow.
Keep in mind that for any case I receive I have to spend 10-15 minutes going through the data before responding, and I respond to any issue in order. Naturally now, when the list has been released, is when I'm receiving many of these time-consuming questions and requests for updates. So please understand this and don't think I'm ignoring you.

This also means that the next update to the stakeholder list (we try to do things in batches) will not be until sometime tomorow.

Cheers.
qiwoman2
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 08:08:47 PM

I'm having a bit of a sick day so there'll be some delay for when I'll be able to get to your particular issue. Hopefully I'm feeling better tomorow.
Keep in mind that for any case I receive I have to spend 10-15 minutes going through the data before responding, and I respond to any issue in order. Naturally now, when the list has been released, is when I'm receiving many of these time-consuming questions and requests for updates. So please understand this and don't think I'm ignoring you.

This also means that the next update to the stakeholder list (we try to do things in batches) will not be until sometime tomorow.

Cheers.

Please get well soon.
EDIT I SEE My name on list yayayayayayya thank you..Chinese Translation will be up by the weekend and more blog promos to follow..

█▀█ █ █▄▀ █▀█ █▀ ░ █▀▀ ▄▀█ █▀ █░█
█▄█ █ █░█ █▄█ ▄█ ▄ █▄▄ █▀█ ▄█ █▀█

DeFi on Tron
and trustless token exchange
█████

█████

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

JOIN OIKOS

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████

█████
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
    █
█████
baby222

Activity: 1008
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 17, 2014, 09:04:18 PM

Cheers.

take care of yourself  Kiss
Pages: « 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 [64] 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 ... 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: