Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:02:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] ORA :: NXT 'monetary system' currency  (Read 181161 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
fragORA

Activity: 86
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 21, 2014, 03:57:30 PM

WooHoo! We have an entry in CryptoFest!

This wonderful video about NXT was made with something else in mind (I think), but the creators kindly entered it in CryptoFest too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-CWTtFZroEA

They're in the running for the first prize (The Palme d'ORA) and the 'People's Choice', plus the 'CryptoFest: Early Birds' as the submission is one of the first ten!!

The creator will also receive an ORA stake of 166,666 ORA assets as part of ORA's 'phase 2' 'proof-of-action' giveaway!

A slow start, but the CryptoFest snowball is finally rolling Smiley

From little acorns mighty oaks grow.
 4 submissions now live on the entrants page at http://www.cryptofest.tv/?page_id=22

ORA::100% POS Free & Fair distribution|issued NXT AE
You can see the statistics of your reports to moderators on the "Report to moderator" pages.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 24, 2014, 06:37:09 PM

Any more entries fragORA?
th4o

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 25, 2014, 03:58:25 PM

What's the current development status? The last updates are quite old Wink
It's there a concrete plan how to distribute the remaining stakes besides the CryptoFest?
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 26, 2014, 12:10:05 PM

It's there a concrete plan how to distribute the remaining stakes besides the CryptoFest?

Current development status
I will let Nio to answer to the current development status.

Distribution Plan
We are trying to be as creative as possible to distribute the remaining stakes. So this in my opinion, ORA may hold the record for the longest stake distribution period ever in crypto. If you have good ideas to contribute, let us know. We will consider any opinion from anyone on this matter. We have time until Nio finalises and completes the ORA software. The Timeline, is something i am not sure, to be honest. So i cant give a misleading information on this matter.

If you have questions, do not hesitate to shoot. We will try to answer and provide answers to you as much as we can.

bluedude

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 09:56:41 AM

Distribution Plan
We are trying to be as creative as possible to distribute the remaining stakes. So this in my opinion, ORA may hold the record for the longest stake distribution period ever in crypto. If you have good ideas to contribute, let us know. We will consider any opinion from anyone on this matter. We have time until Nio finalises and completes the ORA software. The Timeline, is something i am not sure, to be honest. So i cant give a misleading information on this matter.

If you have questions, do not hesitate to shoot. We will try to answer and provide answers to you as much as we can.

- A signature campaign in BTT would be good. Pay only if the signature has been kept for a minimum period like 1 week or so.
- Facebook and twitter campaign. Make nice video about ora and pay for sharing it. The payment can be directly proportional to the number of followers/friends the user has.
  If user1 has 100 followers he could get 100 X (a predefined amount) oras.
- Dont think we should be distributing more to the dumpers from the initial stake holders. we could set a target date for a snapshot and all the wallets which holds ORA on that particular date gets some additional coins,
  depending on the size of their wallet, as a reward for keeping faith in ORA.

my 2 oras Smiley

btw anybody know if Neo has come to some conclusions with the development plan yet?
fragORA

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:59:45 AM

Distribution Plan

- A signature campaign in BTT would be good. Pay only if the signature has been kept for a minimum period like 1 week or so.
- Facebook and twitter campaign. Make nice video about ora and pay for sharing it. The payment can be directly proportional to the number of followers/friends the user has.
  If user1 has 100 followers he could get 100 X (a predefined amount) oras.
- Dont think we should be distributing more to the dumpers from the initial stake holders. we could set a target date for a snapshot and all the wallets which holds ORA on that particular date gets some additional coins,
  depending on the size of their wallet, as a reward for keeping faith in ORA.

my 2 oras Smiley

btw anybody know if Neo has come to some conclusions with the development plan yet?

Personally, I dont like signature campaigns, but I guess they full-fill their purpose of spreading the word here on BTT.
We are not facebook, twitter fans, but we shouldn't isolate those that are
The snapshot idea has potential imo
We are expecting a formal plan of action from Nio soon
No new entries yet on cryptofest Mac

bluedude

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:03:40 PM

Personally, I dont like signature campaigns, but I guess they full-fill their purpose of spreading the word here on BTT.

I personally dont like facebook/twitter either,
but they are powerfull medium for spreading the word and there is no harm in making use of it.
Mac Red

Activity: 299
Merit: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:22:19 PM

I personally dont like facebook/twitter either,
but they are powerfull medium for spreading the word and there is no harm in making use of it.

Yup, though any promotion will be much stronger after we got the technical aspects of ORA nailed down. Nio will hopefully update everyone on the progress soon. Cool

4 months ago I wrote that I was confident in this project. Today I have to say this is truer than ever. We've proven to everyone again and again we're serious. kora's dedication and generosity is something extremely rare. We've so far had the most fair method of distribution I've personally seen, and as DH said, probably the longest as well. With solid tech behind us we'll have an awesome foundation. It'll be interesting times ahead.
th4o

Activity: 588

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:32:30 PM

+1 for snapshot and signature

Are there any plans to hire a second developer after the formal plan is found? We should reserve some stakes for this. If ora will be not a simple clone, but a coin with solid tech and some new features it's quite a challenge for one dev.
fragORA

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:27:54 PM

Are there any plans to hire a second developer after the formal plan is found? We should reserve some stakes for this. If ora will be not a simple clone, but a coin with solid tech and some new features it's quite a challenge for one dev.

Are you job hunting ? Smiley..The thing about ORA is that there is no income source to pay anyone and the only reward that will come for those involved in the project is ORA. Also the ORA that is allocated will be decided on the work that a person has contributed to the project.
From the beginning Kora has been trying to encourage like minded people to become involved and this includes Devs

kora2

Activity: 36
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 12:11:08 AM

Are you job hunting ? Smiley..The thing about ORA is that there is no income source to pay anyone and the only reward that will come for those involved in the project is ORA. Also the ORA that is allocated will be decided on the work that a person has contributed to the project.
From the beginning Kora has been trying to encourage like minded people to become involved and this includes Devs

New people are ALWAYS welcome to join ORA community, and as frag said, most of the ORA coin supply is currently being kept in trust by our community treasurers for later distribution based on 'merit', as judged by the ORA community itself. This means ORA does not have any funds to pay people with now, other than ORA itself.

We could have had an IPO, and that would have given us the ability to 'pay' people to work on ORA more (maybe even full-time), and so make things move a lot quicker, but IMO the long term problems associated with an IPO would eventually outweigh any short term benefits. ORA is building a community, and has no designated leader, so everyone is acting voluntarily, and IMO that's the best model for long term survival for crypto projects.

So, we're not exactly 'hiring' any new developers, but we'll do our best to make sure those who contribute end up being compensated later in a way that recognises the communities overall judgement as to how much they 'contributed'.

kora2

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:41:26 AM

Team Bitmark is inviting people to contribute towards a really great project they're working on, using a crypto currency at entertainment events like large outdoor festivals. What crypto needs most is real world uses, solving problems for ordinary people in the real world. This is a great example of what crypto can do, so I'm going to try and help coinsolidation and team Bitmark, even if it's just offering opinions and feedback.

I encourage ALL crypto supporters following ORA to have a look at what Bitmark is doing with this events project, and consider getting involved!

Any time a crypto project does something cool it benefits ALL of us!

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=836279.0
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 02:55:59 AM

i am still thinking how we can help with Bitmark on this. Any ideas?

quanxinquanyi

Activity: 112

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:42:32 AM

How is the coin's progress now?
Roar76

Activity: 135
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 06:09:14 AM

good communication is important.
kora2

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:54:29 PM

Progress is slow but steady! We're still in brainstorming mode on many issues, and all feedback and suggestions are most welcome. What features would you like ORA to have? How would those features solve real world problems? What do people use ORA for? Everyone is most welcome to have their say still.

Remember, at this stage ORA is mainly trying to build a strong viable community, then start a discussion, and then we build the tech. Our lead dev nio is still considering options, so this is still a very 'open' process. ORA has no leader as such, so things will inevitably be slow at the start, maybe too slow for some. My hope is we'll reach a tipping point soon and things will start happening a lot faster, but for now I have to admit that momentum is slowing, but that's  OK IMO.

If ORA is going to 'work' we need to empower people into positive self directed actions, to overcome the bystander effect where we often expect someone else has everything under control. In a starfish organisation that assumption, that other people are 'taking care of business', probably is a little dangerous. With ORA it's more about 'ask not what ORA can do for you, but what YOU can do for ORA'.

Posting a question or a comment in this thread is very useful at this time, to let people know the IDEA of ORA is still strong, so thanks for 'doing something' for ORA today, every little action creates an effect :-)
3x2
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1004

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 01:58:39 PM

Progress is slow but steady! We're still in brainstorming mode on many issues, and all feedback and suggestions are most welcome. What features would you like ORA to have? How would those features solve real world problems? What do people use ORA for? Everyone is most welcome to have their say still.

Remember, at this stage ORA is mainly trying to build a strong viable community, then start a discussion, and then we build the tech. Our lead dev nio is still considering options, so this is still a very 'open' process. ORA has no leader as such, so things will inevitably be slow at the start, maybe too slow for some. My hope is we'll reach a tipping point soon and things will start happening a lot faster, but for now I have to admit that momentum is slowing, but that's  OK IMO.

If ORA is going to 'work' we need to empower people into positive self directed actions, to overcome the bystander effect where we often expect someone else has everything under control. In a starfish organisation that assumption, that other people are 'taking care of business', probably is a little dangerous. With ORA it's more about 'ask not what ORA can do for you, but what YOU can do for ORA'.

Posting a question or a comment in this thread is very useful at this time, to let people know the IDEA of ORA is still strong, so thanks for 'doing something' for ORA today, every little action creates an effect :-)

so after 5 months still we don't know what Ora might be? i mean still NIO thinking what to clone? Slow? i would call it a turtle race..
bluedude

y²=x3+ax+b, a=0,b=7

View Profile
October 30, 2014, 03:49:00 PM

so after 5 months still we don't know what Ora might be? i mean still NIO thinking what to clone? Slow? i would call it a turtle race..
kora2

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 01:25:31 AM

Remember, at this stage ORA is mainly trying to build a strong viable community, then start a discussion, and then we build the tech. Our lead dev nio is still considering options, so this is still a very 'open' process. ORA has no leader as such, so things will inevitably be slow at the start, maybe too slow for some. My hope is we'll reach a tipping point soon and things will start happening a lot faster, but for now I have to admit that momentum is slowing, but that's  OK IMO.

Turtle pace is a fair assessment, but total crypto user numbers would be max two million people, probably much less, and growth rate of adoption has stagnated too this year IMO, so turtle pace now does not mean ORA won't be successful, and a lot of cool tech is being released at the moment, and if we're patient ORA can take advantage of some of this stuff. I'm thinking in particular of things like CIYAM's AT which is cutting edge and opensource.

Being methodical now does not mean we get left behind, the crypto race hasn't started yet.

Turtle pace is more a reflection that ORA is not a full time pursuit for anybody (yet), and until it is for our dev team we need to be patient. The pace is slow, but our initial distribution was FREE, and the experimental aspect of ORA has always been pointed out to people, so I expect all those who have purchased ORA on the NXT AE understand the risk involved.

If we had raised funds in an ICO it would be a different story, but we didn't, and so far the only person seriously out of pocket is probably me, and I'm a true believer! I can promise nothing other than that I will do everything I can to make ORA successful, but I have no ability to make anybody do anything now, which is the nature of decentralized starfish organisation. Starfish has benefits but also weaknesses too, and in the end it will only work if enough people care enough to do things.
CECVW
Legendary

Activity: 961
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 31, 2014, 11:23:25 AM

Remember, at this stage ORA is mainly trying to build a strong viable community, then start a discussion, and then we build the tech. Our lead dev nio is still considering options, so this is still a very 'open' process. ORA has no leader as such, so things will inevitably be slow at the start, maybe too slow for some. My hope is we'll reach a tipping point soon and things will start happening a lot faster, but for now I have to admit that momentum is slowing, but that's  OK IMO.

Turtle pace is a fair assessment, but total crypto user numbers would be max two million people, probably much less, and growth rate of adoption has stagnated too this year IMO, so turtle pace now does not mean ORA won't be successful, and a lot of cool tech is being released at the moment, and if we're patient ORA can take advantage of some of this stuff. I'm thinking in particular of things like CIYAM's AT which is cutting edge and opensource.

Being methodical now does not mean we get left behind, the crypto race hasn't started yet.

Turtle pace is more a reflection that ORA is not a full time pursuit for anybody (yet), and until it is for our dev team we need to be patient. The pace is slow, but our initial distribution was FREE, and the experimental aspect of ORA has always been pointed out to people, so I expect all those who have purchased ORA on the NXT AE understand the risk involved.

If we had raised funds in an ICO it would be a different story, but we didn't, and so far the only person seriously out of pocket is probably me, and I'm a true believer! I can promise nothing other than that I will do everything I can to make ORA successful, but I have no ability to make anybody do anything now, which is the nature of decentralized starfish organisation. Starfish has benefits but also weaknesses too, and in the end it will only work if enough people care enough to do things.

+ 1

I got it for free and all I can say its to be grateful. Just keep the hard work on Smiley

⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲     WIRELESS COIN     ⏲⏳⏲⏳⏲
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⏲  FORUM THREADGITHUBTWITTERSLACK 1 #time-travellers-yet/#wlcSLACK 2 #21_tickets/#wlc  ⏲
Pages: « 1 ... 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 [120] 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 »
  Print  

Jump to: