Bitcoin Forum
May 09, 2024, 12:41:43 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150753 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
djhomeschool

Activity: 340
Merit: 164

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:19:27 PM

How about an updated chart of this digging activity?

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
xploited

Activity: 304
Merit: 252

CLAM Dev

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 09:28:31 PM
Last edit: November 17, 2015, 09:48:24 PM by xploited

CC, somebody in JD chat has repeatedly stated that this coin is experimental.

All coins are experimental to one degree or another. All of crypto currency in fact is a giant experiment and the outcome still hasn't been decided from what I can tell.

Bitcoin, the least experimental of any coin at this point still has major debates about changing things that would effect the protocol and potentially the users of the network in unforeseen ways. If that doesn't scream experimental I don't know what does.

We all signed up to be part of the experiment when we became interested in crypto currency. Thats my opinion at least.

smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:22:54 PM

Why would someone buy now when they might end up with CLAMS alone, whereas other holders will have CLAMs + Doogs

I have explained many times by now that the best way to create a new coin as a variant of an old coin* is to set the cutoff date well in the future, and shortly before the actual launch of the second network (theoretically at the same time but practically a short interval might be preferable).

Anyone buying CLAM before the launch of the other coin would also receive the new coin, so there is no loss of trust or value. Regardless of which coin thrives (or if by chance both do), anyone who bought in before the split would receive the same value.

This approach is economically the same as forking the chain with an update, without the technical risks associated with transactions that are portable between forks. The trade off is some extra effort needed to get buy in from exchanges and other participants to handle the split correctly, but this largely substitutes for the effort necessary to get consistent upgrades across the entire network for a fork. So in the end, especially for a smaller coin with only one exchange and a few sites, the extra effort seems small.

Once the new coin does exist, then both would trade independently and people can buy whichever one they like (or both or neither).

Of course, I've also said that anyone can create any coin at any time, or for that matter fork code and create update clients that fork the existing network if they want (as long as they can get people to use their code). So following my proposed procedure is not and can't be made mandatory. It just has the least negative effects all around.

* Except when it is clear that virtually everyone prefers the variant in which case it is perfectly fine to make the change "in place" on the existing network.
danonthehill

Activity: 710
Merit: 500

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 10:55:55 PM

Why would someone buy now when they might end up with CLAMS alone, whereas other holders will have CLAMs + Doogs

I have explained many times by now that the best way to create a new coin as a variant of an old coin* is to set the cutoff date well in the future, and shortly before the actual launch of the second network (theoretically at the same time but practically a short interval might be preferable).

Anyone buying CLAM before the launch of the other coin would also receive the new coin, so there is no loss of trust or value. Regardless of which coin thrives (or if by chance both do), anyone who bought in before the split would receive the same value.

This approach is economically the same as forking the chain with an update, without the technical risks associated with transactions that are portable between forks. The trade off is some extra effort needed to get buy in from exchanges and other participants to handle the split correctly, but this largely substitutes for the effort necessary to get consistent upgrades across the entire network for a fork. So in the end, especially for a smaller coin with only one exchange and a few sites, the extra effort seems small.

Once the new coin does exist, then both would trade independently and people can buy whichever one they like (or both or neither).

Of course, I've also said that anyone can create any coin at any time, or for that matter fork code and create update clients that fork the existing network if they want (as long as they can get people to use their code). So following my proposed procedure is not and can't be made mandatory. It just has the least negative effects all around.

* Except when it is clear that virtually everyone prefers the variant in which case it is perfectly fine to make the change "in place" on the existing network.

I have no idea why there is resistance to this idea.  A future snapshot would bolster CLAM market and provide some resistance to short term dumps from digger.  And if people are worried that a future snapshot would lead to decline in CLAM price after snapshot, is that not infinitely preferable to the complete obliteration of CLAM price forever if adherence to a previous snapshot is announced (not to mention, the negative effect on trust this would have).  Ultimately, any short term dip in CLAM price after a future snapshot would not matter because everyone who owned CLAM would have the opportunity to either receive new token or exit CLAM at a higher price.
danonthehill

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:07:30 PM

BTW price has not recovered from last dump...not because of fear future dumps from digger, but because fear and uncertainty sourounding the future development of CLAM, which was brought into question with the notion of creating a competing coin, to be distributed to only some current holders of CLAM and to no new purchasers of CLAM.  

That and the fact market is being suppressed i.e. that 25K sell wall @0.004 Do you really think that guy's intention is to sell or to buy more at a cheaper price? You guys are being played like a violin.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 11:13:48 PM

BTW price has not recovered from last dump...not because of fear future dumps from digger, but because fear and uncertainty sourounding the future development of CLAM, which was brought into question with the notion of creating a competing coin, to be distributed to only some current holders of CLAM and to no new purchasers of CLAM.  

That and the fact market is being suppressed i.e. that 25K sell wall @0.004 Do you really think that guy's intention is to sell or to buy more at a cheaper price? You guys are being played like a violin.

It appears it is being left alone for the time being and all is well.

CreativeClam is going to make a proposal that the CLAM rich vote be worth more than the CLAM poor ppl in the community here soon.

Dooglus is back in his JD tinkering hole for the moment and no new coin from there it seems.  He is letting CreativeClam (superclam) take "control" of the project again since shes back. *shrugs*

Creative are you still prego?

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
DrkLvr_

Activity: 724

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:30:39 PM

Pure speculation on your part. This might be true, or it might not. Or it might be partially true. No one really knows..  the price has been down to these levels even before any talk of another coin.

You also don't know what the seller's intentions are unless you're the seller. Maybe he wouldn't mind selling at those levels. Maybe it's the digger putting part of his stash on the ask instead of dumping. Either way, i don't really see how anyone is being played.. unless you're talking about people who are easily manipulated into panic buying or selling.. but i think most of the cryptoheads are immune to this by now. 
doothewop

Activity: 332
Merit: 250

I like the clowns and the little dogs

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 11:36:18 PM

but i think most of the cryptoheads are immune to this by now. 

Tell me, what was the expression on your face as you typed this line?
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1242

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
November 17, 2015, 11:37:41 PM

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:43:55 PM

There was a slight smirk i won't lie. But still, out of 100 people how many will panic sell just because of a big sell order? A few maybe. The statement stands.
danonthehill

View Profile
November 17, 2015, 11:47:51 PM

Pure speculation on your part. This might be true, or it might not. Or it might be partially true. No one really knows..  the price has been down to these levels even before any talk of another coin.

You also don't know what the seller's intentions are unless you're the seller. Maybe he wouldn't mind selling at those levels. Maybe it's the digger putting part of his stash on the ask instead of dumping. Either way, i don't really see how anyone is being played.. unless you're talking about people who are easily manipulated into panic buying or selling.. but i think most of the cryptoheads are immune to this by now. 

Well, the dominant troll box narrative is not concerning the digger, but the uncertainy regarding the value of CLAM because of a competing token based on a past snapshot.  This contradicts the digger narrative perpetuated and used to justify contentious forks here. Of course, it's very easy to run with the "perhaps it's the digger" Keyser Soze narrative.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:01:59 AM

Pure speculation on your part. This might be true, or it might not. Or it might be partially true. No one really knows..  the price has been down to these levels even before any talk of another coin.

Well, the dominant troll box narrative is not concerning the digger, but the uncertainy regarding the value of CLAM because of a competing token based on a past snapshot.  This contradicts the digger narrative perpetuated and used to justify contentious forks here. Of course, it's very easy to run with the "perhaps it's the digger" Keyser Soze narrative.

When you say dominant, do you mean when you were last in the troll box?  Tongue

There are a few reasons why the price is so low.. digger and the uncertainty for sure being the main ones.. but what's the alternative? What else can you do when issues come up except hash things out and try to come up with a solution (even if the solution might be to do nothing in the end)

"In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity" - Albert Einstein  
danonthehill

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:11:47 AM

One thing to consider is that CLAM is a margin traded coin and it's unlikely a new token would be unless it takes the form of CLAM 2.0 serving as a replacement of CLAM via snapshot, swap or burn.  

Also, any new coin which does not take this form and departs from the CLAM brand, will need new branding and major active marketing and development, perhaps to a greater degree than CLAM because of it's smaller distribution.  Why would anyone jeopardize all the great work already done?  It's ludicrous and would be self-destructive...some of these ideas that were "hashed out" should just be written off as a PR blunder.
DrkLvr_

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:18:56 AM

One thing to consider is that CLAM is a margin traded coin and it's unlikely a new token would be unless it takes the form of CLAM 2.0 serving as a replacement of CLAM via snapshot, swap or burn.  

Also, any new coin which does not take this form and departs from the CLAM brand, will need new branding and major active marketting and development, perhaps to a greater degree than CLAM because of it's smaller distribution.  Why would anyone jeopardize all the great work already done?  It's ludicrous and would be self-destructive...some of these ideas that were "hashed out" should just be written off as a PR blunder.

Right, but anyone can start a new coin for any reason, and that includes dooglus. If he wants to fork CLAMs and accept it on JD, does that really disrupt CLAM in a significant way? It's up to him or whoever else forks a new coin to brand, market and develop it. Why do you think the work done on CLAM would be jeopardized at all?
danonthehill

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:30:12 AM

I see, so JustdiceCoin has nothing to do with the development of CLAM coin, so GTFO and let's move forward with CLAM. 

"Why do you think the work done on CLAM would be jeopardized at all?"  Look son, I don't have time to explain the bleeding obvious to you....market sentiment and PR and inextricably linked. 
danonthehill

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 12:57:03 AM

I am actually supporting what I see is a positive solution i.e. future snapshot (if coin needs to be forked at all), or more subtle changes...anything to avoid the kamikaze clownery that was intitally suggested.
tspacepilot
Legendary

Activity: 1456
Merit: 1078

I may write code in exchange for bitcoins.

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:01:33 AM

Well, all I see on the last few pages here is griping and poking at each other.  In any case, I'm glad that the panic seems to have subsided.  If there are going to be serious changes to CLAM, they definitely need to be made in the environment of calm, rational discussion, not as reactions to someone selling on the marketplace.  I suppose that after the poking at each other subsides, rational discussion could begin again here.
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
November 18, 2015, 01:16:40 AM

Re: 90% of recent posts

The decision to institute a "petition"/"voting" process was a solution worked out and agreed to by xploited, dooglus, and creativecuriosity.

I would assume, certainly for the time being, that means all the talk of a forked coin is irrelevant.
Sorry if that wasn't clear from my previous posts.

The specific details concerning the petition process and the first petition will be worked out soon and announced.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
danonthehill

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 01:48:38 AM

We are announcing the topic of the first of these petitions: the process and continuation of "digging" distribution CLAM.
In the coming days, we will announce the timing, choices and assist users in properly submitting "votes" using the process.

The first petition will likely be simplified - but, we see this as an enduring way forward with governance.

This process will allow the entire community to ascertain what petitions have majority support among stakeholders (and is hence likely to succeed given completed code).
The community can then proceed informed and collaborate on getting the code ready to submit to the community.

We invite the community to help us hone the list of choices prior to the start of the voting on this first petition.

Long Live The Great CLAM!

OK. I misread this and thought you were looking for suggestions in general, so right now discussion should be focussed on choices for the vote on "the process and continuation of "digging" distribution CLAM"...a decision which might make a fork redundant. Good.
jpcfan

Activity: 905
Merit: 502

I miss dooglus

View Profile
November 18, 2015, 02:21:28 AM

my inside sources say, there isnt going to be another coin.

long live CLAM

120%50%    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
DUCK
▄▄█████████▄▄
▄██████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████▄
▄█████████████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
▀█████████████████████████████▀
▀█████████████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀▀█████████▀▀
DICE████████
████████
  ████████
  ████████
    ████████
    ████████
    ████████
  ████████
  ████████
████████
████████
Pages: « 1 ... 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 [262] 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: