Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 10:16:05 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150751 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 05:21:16 PM

Finally getting some time to play with this "staketo" code of using alternative addresses in the coinstake transaction. Really a cool idea and a bit of fun to play with. +1 to you dooglus and whoever came up with this idea.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Bitcoin: the cutting edge of begging technology." -- Giraffe.BTC
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:11:15 PM

Finally getting some time to play with this "staketo" code of using alternative addresses in the coinstake transaction. Really a cool idea and a bit of fun to play with. +1 to you dooglus and whoever came up with this idea.

I came up with the idea when I wanted to switch the majority of the JD coins from one staking address to another.

Moving them would have killed their age and caused a 4 hour period of no staking - so I figured I would have them move themselves over to the new address the next time they staked.

Doing this made the chart nice and smooth too. Unfortunately the chart page stopped working about a week ago, presumably because it now has too many transactions on that address - oh, but it's working again now:

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
presstab
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:16:16 PM

I came up with the idea when I wanted to switch the majority of the JD coins from one staking address to another.

Moving them would have killed their age and caused a 4 hour period of no staking - so I figured I would have them move themselves over to the new address the next time they staked.

Doing this made the chart nice and smooth too. Unfortunately the chart page stopped working about a week ago, presumably because it now has too many transactions on that address - oh, but it's working again now:

Yeah definitely a cool idea. I have successfully done this for HYP now, and am trying to add multiple outputs to different addresses to my next stake that came in. I think I remember you having quite a few outputs sent in one of your transactions?

Concerning the chart... my HyperStake address is now starting to do this as well, so this will bump up the priority of patching up that problem Tongue

Edit: Just got that stake Smiley

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
October 05, 2015, 08:27:47 PM

Yeah definitely a cool idea. I have successfully done this for HYP now, and am trying to add multiple outputs to different addresses to my next stake that came in. I think I remember you having quite a few outputs sent in one of your transactions?

For CLAM, the consensus only insists that the 1st input and 2nd output have the same pubkey when staking. Later inputs and outputs can have any pubkey you like.

I use this as a free way of tidying up the 'dust' outputs that collect in my wallets from faucets.

There's also -rewardto, which sends just the staking reward to the specified address. This would be useful if you wanted to keep your principal but send the staking income to an exchange for selling, for example.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 08:56:06 PM

I advice people who want to claim their free CLAMS to do it themselves.
I downloaded the clam client, waited (a long time, that's true) for sync, imported my old empty BTC wallet and got CLAMS that I sold for BTC on poloniex. But it's worth the effort Smiley
Don't use these profiteers' sites that give you dust for your BTC/LTC/DOGE addresses!

Awesome Smiley

Wish we could have convinced you to join the CLAM family; but, we are happy to hear things went well, regardless. Grin

Hope you'll reconsider in the future  Cool

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
hermesesus

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 09:30:53 PM

Wish we could have convinced you to join the CLAM family; but, we are happy to hear things went well, regardless. Grin

Oh, I can still purchase CLAMs. Who knows?  Wink

I like the "spirit" of the project: equal initial distribution and the POWS system ("staking CLAMs"). But you have to own many CLAMs in your wallet to hope for a reward.

Anyway, good luck  Smiley
SuperClam (OP)

Activity: 784
Merit: 1002

CLAM Developer

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 09:42:44 PM

Oh, I can still purchase CLAMs. Who knows?  Wink
I like the "spirit" of the project: equal initial distribution and the POWS system ("staking CLAMs"). But you have to own many CLAMs in your wallet to hope for a reward.
Anyway, good luck  Smiley

True.

Clam IS very competitive.

But, let us ponder why.

In conventional proof-of-stake, you can save up your "age" and "claim" by staking for an interest gain at any time.
This provides a situation where inflation is distributed regardless of the contribution to the network.
Leaving the incentive structure aside (less reason to secure the network consistently), this creates a very different economic situation.

The CLAM block reward is a static amount and it is apportioned based on the individual stakers' contribution to securing the network.
What does this mean?

It can be assumed that not every CLAM will be staked (though our percentage actively staked is likely the highest in crypto).
In short, it allows a staker to "beat" inflation.

In my honest opinion, this makes the economics of Proof-of-Working-Stake in CLAM much more similar to Proof-Of-Work mining than the interest based Proof-Of-Stake employed by other networks.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147
Proof-Of-Chain, 100% Distributed BEFORE Launch.
Everyone who owned BTC, LTC, or DOGE at launch got free CLAMS.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3920
Merit: 1241

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
October 05, 2015, 11:58:00 PM

I advice people who want to claim their free CLAMS to do it themselves.
I downloaded the clam client, waited (a long time, that's true) for sync, imported my old empty BTC wallet and got CLAMS that I sold for BTC on poloniex. But it's worth the effort Smiley
Don't use these profiteers' sites that give you dust for your BTC/LTC/DOGE addresses!

Awesome Smiley

Hope you'll reconsider in the future  Cool

At least they have the client downloaded Tongue.

Hermesesus how did you find out about CLAM?

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
Bluewaffle

Activity: 291
Merit: 108

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 05:13:47 AM

For CLAM, the consensus only insists that the 1st input and 2nd output have the same pubkey when staking. Later inputs and outputs can have any pubkey you like.

I use this as a free way of tidying up the 'dust' outputs that collect in my wallets from faucets.

There's also -rewardto, which sends just the staking reward to the specified address. This would be useful if you wanted to keep your principal but send the staking income to an exchange for selling, for example.

Doog you dont even know about clam bro

hermesesus

Activity: 532
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 09:38:10 AM

Thanks to people wanting to buy empty BTC addresses Cheesy
No hard feelings Smiley
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 06, 2015, 10:07:45 AM
Last edit: October 06, 2015, 11:20:09 AM by BayAreaCoins

Thanks to people wanting to buy empty BTC addresses Cheesy
No hard feelings Smiley

Go figure...  Tongue

Feel free to make a donation! Wink (har har ya right)

Did you find someone trying to buy on BitcoinTalk, A-Ad-s, MellowAds, Adbit.co, CoinAds, Adwords or other?  (thanks for answering btw and feel free not to)

No hard feelings here!  Happy to see folks downloading the client.  We present it as one of our options for a reason Smiley.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 06, 2015, 02:08:38 PM

Dooglus,

Would you be so kind as to post an updated chart showing what percentage of the CLAMs have been given out in each distribution block similar to the one you posted about a month ago?

Thanks!
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 07:18:07 PM

Stumbled across a pretty nice Russian article this morning in regards to CLAM.

http://www.cryptonavigator.com/bitcoin/how-to-get-bitcoins/189-zarabotok-bitcoin-na-staryh-neispolzuemyh-adresah-btc-ltc-i-doge.html

Esally

Activity: 22
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 07:33:40 PM

Becareful with this, cryptonavigator is famous for spam articles. This one isn't about clam either, but "Зapaбoтoк Bitcoin" or roughly "How to make bitcoin" and doesn't promote or talk about clam but encourages people to just sell it for bitcoins on some rip off service.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 08:03:24 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2015, 09:26:53 PM by BayAreaCoins

Becareful with this, cryptonavigator is famous for spam articles. This one isn't about clam either, but "Зapaбoтoк Bitcoin" or roughly "How to make bitcoin" and doesn't promote or talk about clam but encourages people to just sell it for bitcoins on some rip off service.

People earning Bitcoins off CLAM will be a important thing for Clamcoins long term success.

The article seems to clearly break down the pricing for the people and encourages CLIENT downloads.  (4.97 $ vs 3.77 $ vs .005 BTC at the time of their post)

That "rip off service" will be responsible for pushing Clamcoin into the next level.  (Also I don't think it is a rip off, but I'm fairly bias Smiley.)

If you think you can provide a better service and beat ClamChecker in the digging business... by all means get involved!

SuperClam, Is there a way we can tell how many Clients have been downloaded?  It appears to have 2 more watches.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:12:58 PM

There was some 'interesting' price action on bittrex recently:

That looks a lot like someone buying 133 CLAMs for 66 BTC, with the last 6 CLAMs selling for 6 BTC. CLAM finally reached BTC-parity?

I expect it was just a costly typo - but who knows.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
October 07, 2015, 11:17:22 PM

Dooglus,

Would you be so kind as to post an updated chart showing what percentage of the CLAMs have been given out in each distribution block similar to the one you posted about a month ago?

Thanks!

That chart took multiple hours to generate, so I don't really want to do that again. It burns my fingers as I type due to the CPU getting so hot.

But I can tell you that "the digger" is down to block 7157 now. So the chart will almost certainly look the same, but with the jump from low to high happening at block 7157 instead of at a higher numbered block.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2015, 11:23:49 PM

CLAM hits 1 to 1 with BTC on Bittrex Cheesy.

https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BTC-CLAM

Edit: Fuck dooglus beat me to the punch here Tongue

freedomno1
Legendary

Activity: 1806
Merit: 1090

Learning the troll avoidance button :)

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:00:03 AM

There was some 'interesting' price action on bittrex recently:

That looks a lot like someone buying 133 CLAMs for 66 BTC, with the last 6 CLAMs selling for 6 BTC. CLAM finally reached BTC-parity?

I expect it was just a costly typo - but who knows.

Now that was a costly typo
But now we can say that it has traded at parity with Bitcoin for a brief time somewhere Smiley

Believing in Bitcoins and it's ability to change the world
kolloh
Legendary

Activity: 1736
Merit: 1023

View Profile
October 08, 2015, 12:31:43 AM

Dooglus,

Thanks!

That chart took multiple hours to generate, so I don't really want to do that again. It burns my fingers as I type due to the CPU getting so hot.

But I can tell you that "the digger" is down to block 7157 now. So the chart will almost certainly look the same, but with the jump from low to high happening at block 7157 instead of at a higher numbered block.

Oh yikes, didn't realize it was that intensive lol. The block number should be enough info. Thanks!
Pages: « 1 ... 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 [215] 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: