Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 10:12:38 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150825 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bytemycoin

Activity: 8
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 05:24:35 PM

As I understand it, the voting runs forever and is intended to give everyone feedback of what the stakeholders support. So we see currently 34% of the stake weight is voting to end digging, and 66% of it isn't.
I understand waiting a week or more however:
I don't get it. How can any fair voting system take into account those who don't vote? When you say "66% of it isn't" is that not an incorrect statement if it is intending to mean they are against petition 5afa074c?  Even direct abstain votes does not mean they are against any specific petition. 
So this is starting to sound like there has never been any intentions to act on what the greater clam voting community wants. Emphasis on "clam voting community".  Those who don't vote, typically don't want a voice and as is in any truly fair voting system, they are not taken as part of the voting tallies. Else it calls to question the clamour voting system in general (or any voting system to take such an approach).
As for the developers and massive premines, that is a null issue. If this vote was never intended to be acted on, as it is becoming clear, and tallies are based on non voters...then we have exactly what the initial distribution has shown us:  An unfair system that does not support the vast number of newcomers to crypto, rewards criminals who in the past have setup fractional reserve systems and scammed the greater BTC/LTC/Doge community. Exposes anyone who presently supports the greater clams community as we have recently experienced. To quote the old lady in the commercial "None of this makes any sense." 
What really makes me smile is the moniker of "fair distribution"
This whole voting is...well,...a bit fishy.  What am I missing?

You are thinking in terms of 'voting'.
This is counter-intuitive and nuanced, but important: CLAMour is not a 'vote', but an expression of support.
Now we are making it clear to the community that it is but an "expression of support", with no actionable plan. Very new age! For that explanation I thank you. Let's state the obvious, rather the elephant in the room. Ineffectual by design due to the qualities of this coin (more about this below). With the added advantage for those who this rigged system favors.  I hear you loud and clear so will others who read the thread and are frustrated by continual justifications for inaction.

Ironically, the voting (this magical way to express your feelings) came about when the larger community, those who cared (if you magically expressed yourself we can at minimum say you care) had been using this forum to express their desires to do away with a largely unfair system that discriminates amongst new comers, favors past criminals and exposes the very people who support the network to risk. No matter what the original intentions, that is the present day reality.

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions" - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux

Since we are simulating an update-triggered forking change...., Those users could then release an update, without approval, and feel confident that the update would gain consensus on the network.

Nice attempt to try and gloss over the reality of this coin, now lets bring out the elephant...Just-Dice wallets make this decision and you are smart enough to know that. You can use terms like "Fair distribution", "update triggered forking change" or "feel confident that the update would gain consensus on the network" but be aware, try as you may, the greater community is much more intelligent than you make us seem. Statements like those from a smart competent gal like you is condescending at best to those who know the reality. About 84% of the staking community are simply voting by proxy via Just-dice [don't quote me on the 84% as that number is dynamic and I have not recently run the math]. This may not have been by design but it is reality.  It is as true if not truer (as it may be more powerful) then any given line of code in the coin’s protocol.

This reality makes it impossible for simply a community based update triggered fork change.  Many may not like it but it is now part of the corpus of the coin

We can make up nice sounding terms and play cloak and daggers but the reality is clear. Of the voting community the majority already expressed what they want so lets not gloss over the issue. Unless things change substantially in the coin’s ecosystem your quote above is but a farce dream. You know it, I know it and the community knows it.

Now that we have cleared the air I will put on my best hippie cap and go chant my wants barefoot in the park.  Another powerful way for one to express their desires.
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 07:10:11 PM

Nice attempt to try and gloss over the reality of this coin, now lets bring out the elephant...Just-Dice wallets make this decision

Maybe, but dooglas has said that he won't use his position as admin of JD to impose control over the network. He has implemented a system for JD investors to decide on their own share of clamour blocks and presumably would do so for fork voting as well.

dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
December 20, 2015, 08:42:15 PM

Now we are making it clear to the community that it is but an "expression of support", with no actionable plan. Very new age! For that explanation I thank you.

I don't see that she has an option. As you point out later in your post, over 80% of the stake weight is controlled by JD wallets. So Creative could say "any proposal gaining more than X% support will be implemented", those words would hold little weight when she doesn't have the power to enforce such changes on the staking majority.

It makes much more sense to treat petition support as what it is: a fair way of gauging which petitions the stakeholders support.

Let's state the obvious, rather the elephant in the room. Ineffectual by design due to the qualities of this coin (more about this below). With the added advantage for those who this rigged system favors.  I hear you loud and clear so will others who read the thread and are frustrated by continual justifications for inaction.

It's not clear to me what you're trying to say exactly, but you seem to be thinking that the CLAMour system was put in place to avoid having to change anything, and that the status quo somehow favors those who came up with the CLAMour system. I don't see how you can argue that letting whoever controls the stolen SilkRoad or MtGox wallets dig up large numbers of CLAMs favors anyone currently involved in CLAM. I personally would be in favor of limiting the number of CLAMs that those large wallets can claim in the future. But am not willing to "throw my weight around" to make it happen.

The system isn't rigged, and "no majority supports it" isn't an unreasonable justification for inaction as I see it. It would be wrong to make a change to the rules which less than 50% of the staking weight supports, no matter how much it would benefit you or I. Wouldn't you agree?

Ironically, the voting (this magical way to express your feelings) came about when the larger community, those who cared (if you magically expressed yourself we can at minimum say you care) had been using this forum to express their desires to do away with a largely unfair system that discriminates amongst new comers, favors past criminals and exposes the very people who support the network to risk. No matter what the original intentions, that is the present day reality.

If "the larger community" truly supports ending digging they should use the CLAMour system to voice their support. Then we can end digging. Raising an army of trolls to shout on the forum is easy, and proves nothing. Using the CLAMour system to prove support for your clause is easy - so long as that support actually exists among significant stakeholders.

Just-Dice wallets make this decision and you are smart enough to know that.

The wallets vote how I tell them to. And I tell them to vote according to the wishes of the JD investors.

About 84% of the staking community are simply voting by proxy via Just-dice [don't quote me on the 84% as that number is dynamic and I have not recently run the math]. This may not have been by design but it is reality.  It is as true if not truer (as it may be more powerful) then any given line of code in the coin’s protocol.

I didn't check the numbers recently either, but 84% sounds plausible. I'm not sure what your concern is about this however. I can guess:

a) you think that I am misrepresenting the JD investors' wishes, and having the wallet vote how I want rather than how they want

b) you think that if a petition I disagree with gets somewhere close to 50% support I will start "rigging" things to make sure it never actually gets there

Am I close? If you can be more explicit about your objections hopefully I can address them. I currently don't attempt to prove that I'm representing user wishes fairly. I could include per-investor support in the weekly investor report that I post to the JD blog which I currently use to prove that the site is solvent. That would give a once-a-week proof to each investor that their wishes at least were being included in the total at that point in time. But it doesn't stop me cheating for the other 167 hours of the week.

This reality makes it impossible for simply a community based update triggered fork change.  Many may not like it but it is now part of the corpus of the coin

I am willing to make community-supported changes to the wallets run by JD. If there's clear support for ending staking (or for doing anything else for that matter), I'll push a change (either after having create it myself or received it from the community) to the github repository implementing that change, release a new version of the client, and run that version of the client on JD.

We can make up nice sounding terms and play cloak and daggers but the reality is clear. Of the voting community the majority already expressed what they want so lets not gloss over the issue.

Where did this happen? How were you able to ascertain that the majority had spoken, let alone been in support of change? If you can point me to this majority support I would love to see it. It would save having to go through this silly CLAMour nonsense. But until you do, this is the best way anyone has come up with of gauging support.

To exaggerate your (assumed) position: in a country of a million people, if 10 of them get together and vote to oust the president, and 9 out of those 10 vote in favor, do they have a majority? You can show proof that 90% were in favor, and so it's a clear majority. But what about the 999990 people who didn't care or even know about the vote? You seem to be saying that because they didn't vote they should be ignored. I would disagree.

Now that we have cleared the air I will put on my best hippie cap and go chant my wants barefoot in the park.  Another powerful way for one to express their desires.

I'd personally prefer you go the opposite direction and be more direct in your criticisms so that we can get to the bottom of things.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
cloverme
Legendary

Activity: 1512
Merit: 1057

SpacePirate.io

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 12:38:43 AM

Is there a testnet for clam yet, also is there way to generate test coins if there is?

Thanks in advance.
TooDumbForBitcoin
Legendary

Activity: 1638
Merit: 1001

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 01:44:22 AM

no matter how much it would benefit you or I

".. no matter how much it would benefit you or me ..."

Please send my 1000-CLAM grammar bug bounty to "President, Brad Pitt Lookalike Club, Basement, Mom's, 39876

▄▄                                  ▄▄
 ███▄                            ▄███
  ██████                      ██████
   ███████                  ███████
    ███████                ███████
     ███████              ███████
      ███████            ███████
       ███████▄▄      ▄▄███████
        ██████████████████████
         ████████████████████
          ██████████████████
           ████████████████
            ██████████████
             ███████████
              █████████
               ███████
                █████
                 ██
                  █
veil|     PRIVACY    
     WITHOUT COMPROMISE.      
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
|   NO ICO. NO PREMINE. 
   X16RT GPU Mining. Fair distribution.  
|      The first Zerocoin-based Cryptocurrency      
   WITH ALWAYS-ON PRIVACY.  
|

▄▄████
              ▄▄████████▌
         ▄▄█████████▀███
    ▄▄██████████▀▀ ▄███▌
▄████████████▀▀  ▄█████
▀▀▀███████▀   ▄███████▌
      ██    ▄█████████
       █  ▄██████████▌
       █  ███████████
       █ ██▀ ▀██████▌
       ██▀     ▀████
                 ▀█▌

▄███████
   ████████
   ███▀
   ███
██████████
██████████
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███
   ███

▄▄█▀▀ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▀▀█▄▄
   ▐██▄▄██████████████▄▄██▌
   ████████████████████████
  ▐████████████████████████▌
  ███████▀▀▀██████▀▀▀███████
 ▐██████     ████     ██████▌
 ███████     ████     ███████
▐████████▄▄▄██████▄▄▄████████▌
▐████████████████████████████▌
 █████▄▄▀▀▀▀██████▀▀▀▀▄▄█████
  ▀▀██████          ██████▀▀
      ▀▀▀            ▀▀▀
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 04:08:34 AM

no matter how much it would benefit you or I

".. no matter how much it would benefit you or me ..."

Please send my 1000-CLAM grammar bug bounty to "President, Brad Pitt Lookalike Club, Basement, Mom's, 39876

Thanks.

I'm looking at getting a testnode up and running. Please provide a CLAM-testnet address for your 1000-CLAM bounty.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 06:21:56 AM
Last edit: December 22, 2015, 06:32:41 AM by dooglus

Is there a testnet for clam yet, also is there way to generate test coins if there is?

Thanks in advance.

I talked to xploited. He already had the testnet set up.

I wrote up a wiki page about it:

https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams/wiki/Testnet

Coins are generated by staking. There's no digging. There will be a faucet, I guess.

There's a faucet here:

http://faucet.khashier.com/

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Trent Russell

Activity: 132
Merit: 100

willmathforcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 22, 2015, 03:00:45 PM

Thanks in advance.

I talked to xploited. He already had the testnet set up.

I wrote up a wiki page about it:

https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams/wiki/Testnet

Coins are generated by staking. There's no digging. There will be a faucet, I guess.

There's a faucet here:

http://faucet.khashier.com/

I also wanted to try the testnet, but something's going wrong.

The wiki page says to set up a testnet/clam.conf file and then execute:

Code:
clam-qt -conf=testnet/clam.conf

Since I use clamd instead of clam-qt, I tried:

Code:
clamd -conf=testnet/clam.conf -daemon

It started, but after about half an hour I still can't call getinfo:

Code:
clamd getinfo
error: couldn't connect to server

Is it clear what's wrong?

Also, should the testnet/clam.conf file include "gen=1" so it will stake? The "gen=1" line isn't included in the sample on the wiki.

Thanks!

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 22, 2015, 07:10:18 PM

Since I use clamd instead of clam-qt, I tried:

Code:
clamd -conf=testnet/clam.conf -daemon

Good point. I've edited the wiki page to include 'daemon=1' in the conf file. It doesn't do any harm to include it if you're running clam-qt.

It started, but after about half an hour I still can't call getinfo:

Code:
clamd getinfo
error: couldn't connect to server

Is it clear what's wrong?

You'll need to specify the -conf to clamd too, or it will be trying to talk to the mainnet daemon. You can run both at the same time.

I use:

$ alias cct='clamd -conf=testnet/clam.conf'

(cct for 'clam coin testnet is how I think of it) so I can then just:

$ cct getinfo

but you can type in out in full:

$ clamd -conf=testnet/clam.conf getinfo

Also, should the testnet/clam.conf file include "gen=1" so it will stake? The "gen=1" line isn't included in the sample on the wiki.

No. Staking is enabled by default, and can be disabled with this in testnet/clam.conf:

staking=0

I have edited the wiki page to include all this too. Thanks for your feedback.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
P-Funk

Activity: 360
Merit: 250

Token

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 06:40:46 AM

Create a transaction with CLAMspeech set to:
Code:
create clamour <sha256>

Where:
Code:
<sha256>

is the full 64 hex digit hash.

Post the petition text/document, with the attached petition ID to a public forum.
It is now up to you to rally support for the petition and prove that the network supports the change.
Could this please be updated to:

Code:
create clamour <sha256> <petition link>

Where:
Code:
<sha256>
is the full 64 hex digit hash and
Code:
<petition link>
is the full URL (http://etc) for the text or document that has been hashed.
navaman

Activity: 163

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 07:29:02 AM

No, really, don't delete this post.  Chuck may be in favor of censorship but you don't have to be.  This is not a rant against a person.  I want this added as a petition to Clamour.  I can't download and run the client on my PC so how am going to create a petition?  I can't do that from the withdrawal on JD can I?

There needs to be an advisory in an anonymous way for people to register their dissatisfaction with how speech is handled in the community.  Anybody here is can be muted or banned by getting on the wrong side of Chuck or any mod.  The most important factor is that Clam largely derives its value from JD with many people making substantial investments along side Dooglus.  The actions of Dooglus, Deb and their mods directly affect the value of this crypto.  JD is a private enterprise and can make a speech policy which is deliberately restrictive of ideas they don't like.  Clam is also a private enterprise which shouldn't restrict speech or the ability of owners to handle private property in ways they see fit.  However, why shouldn't there be a discussion between two private enterprises which have a business arrangement.  This is generally how business is conducted if one company is unhappy with the actions of another which might be harmful to either or both.

It is well known that JD will give orders to alter mod behavior in the interest of business.  Why don't we gather up the info on the person sent packing, Chuck and myself.  Let us see who is contributing the most through playing, creating faucets or creating fees.  I'll go out on a limb and say the person sent packing has done more for Clam than almost anybody not directly a part of JD or a Dev.  I have a decent amount wagered and lost on the site which is probably a magnitude greater than Chuck.  So, maybe the problem is the person whose contribution seems to be banning people who actually work to make it a success.

This brings me to the second point and return to the issue of stakeholder democracy.  As stated previously, the idea generally seems grand to those deemed stakeholders or pigs found to be more equal than others.  This leads the lesser equals with little alternative but to be at the mercy of equals?  I should congratulate Clamour for not being like this in the way Marxism and various off shoots are, several people have stated this is about being unequal and securing that fact.  The fact is you have disenfranchised a large portion of the user base with this system.  I can neither vote nor add a petition for several reasons.  The first is I have no Clams and therefor any vote I cast will count for zero under the staking allocation of votes.  The second is that I am unable to run the Clam client of on my PC due to the poor DSL and wallet software drastically slowing down my rig.  I downloaded it but it never synced and is too far behind now to try again without leaving it running for sev
 eral days.  Don't even try to say download the torrent.

This system is very similar to the the early American restriction of voters to male property owners.  The U.S. and Anglosphere have the remarkable ability to reform themselves which is probably why we have avoided internal revolutions.  The unfairness of male property owners having an outsized voice in society has long been known.  In fact, we in the U.S. deliberately expressed the ability of any person 18 years or older, with very few exceptions, to cast their vote by amending the Constitution by explicitly stating it.  There are countless people whose voices are silenced even though they use Clam regularly but don't stake any.  It gets even better.  Clams is substantially more dependent on the disenfranchised then by the currently blessed stakeholders.

CC has expressed the long term problem with Clams is paying for the upkeep of the Clamchain and that long-term holders wouldn't be paying their share of the costs under the current system.  The people who do support Clams financially are those that use it as a currency on a regular basis.  I pay fees every time I conduct a transaction which is the same regardless of size.  Why don't you add up the various fees paid by wallets and see who it is that is contributing the most to health of the network.  Don't forget that owners are charged fees for withdrawing so that a person withdrawing from JD is paying that transaction cost.  Then, and this will be my next petition, is for votes to be allocated by the financial contribution each address makes for the longterm health of the Clamchain.  Hmmm, wouldn't want to emulate the more equal than equal system so how about every address that pays a fee within a window gets a vote.  We could call the system POF, Proof of Fees.  It would naturally
 be pronounced poof.

So, here we go again.  Please add the following petition to clam chain in the spirit of democracy, free speech and free enterprise:

Is this where we put proposals?  Here is mine:

Stop censoring shit you don't like

Help develop DarkClam.  The Just-Dice currency of the future.  Helps is needed with development, funding and a lot of ideas.

Go here:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1362098.msg13861544#msg13861544
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 08:55:35 AM

No, really, don't delete this post.

I feel like I've seen that whole thing before. Didn't you post it here and get replies already?

I think I told you then how to create a petition.

I have a crappy satellite Internet connection, and I am able to keep Bitcoin and CLAM clients synced. If your DSL connection is really that bad you can run clamd on a remote server, which you can get pretty cheaply.

You don't have to use BitTorrent to download the bootstrap.dat file. You can download it directly over HTTP if you like. There's a link in this post:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=623147.msg9772191#msg9772191

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Trent Russell

willmathforcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 09:05:26 AM

Thanks for the help. I do now have clam running on both the mainnet and testnet. (It's very helpful that I can run both.) The testnet isn't downloading blocks:

Code:
cct getinfo      
    "blocks" : 0,

Should it be?

Trent Russell

willmathforcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 09:25:54 AM

No, really, don't delete this post.

I don't know if your post will be deleted. Some of it seems on topic, but some of it doesn't. I thought your comparison of stakeholder-voting to property-owner-voting was interesting, so I used it to start a separate thread in the Politics subforum.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1301042.0

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:30:30 AM

Thanks for the help. I do now have clam running on both the mainnet and testnet. (It's very helpful that I can run both.) The testnet isn't downloading blocks:

Code:
cct getinfo      
    "blocks" : 0,

Should it be?

Yes, it should be.

Try these two. The 2nd will probably complain that the node is already added.

$ cct addnode khashier.com add
    $ cct addnode 54.247.189.77 add

You can also:

$ cct addnode 74.207.230.61 onetry

to ask it to try one more time to connect.

Check how many peers you are connected to:

$ cct getconnectioncount

Ask for details of the connections:

$ cct getpeerinfo

and make sure you have the addnode=54.247.189.77 in your testnet/clam.conf file. Also, add another line in there as well:

addnode=khashier.com

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 09:43:23 AM

Could this please be updated to:

Code:
create clamour <sha256> <petition link>

Where:
Code:
<sha256>
is the full 64 hex digit hash and
Code:
<petition link>
is the full URL (http://etc) for the text or document that has been hashed.

I wrote something similar here: https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams/issues/257

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Trent Russell

willmathforcrypto.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 09:51:26 AM

$ cct getconnectioncount

Yes, this is the problem. I have 0 connections. I've tried adding the nodes you suggested. I've also tried restarting the testnet without the mainnet running, but still no connections. My ip is 172.246.252.93 if that helps.

Inves

Activity: 168
Merit: 10

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 11:05:12 AM

doesn't work
http://piccash.net/32610/579135/

gjhiggins
Legendary

Activity: 2254
Merit: 1278

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2015, 11:46:58 AM

This system is very similar to the the early American restriction of voters to male property owners.

No it is not similar. One system requires voter registration whereas the other has no inherent notion of identities or individual accounts. They're as different as chalk and cheese.

The term “petition” is semantically misleading in this context as it implies the existence of an authority able to grant the petitioner's request; no such authority can exist in a peer-to-peer networked cryptocurrency BY DEFINITION. This leads me to conclude that the approach itself rests on profoundly flawed assumptions and is unlikely to serve the advertised purpose.

There are other approaches that are suitable but I have rather a different model of the task, so it's moot whether they have any relevance to the specific context of what's intended to be achieved by the CLAMS petition approach.

Cheers

Graham
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2015, 04:40:43 PM

$ cct getconnectioncount

Yes, this is the problem. I have 0 connections. I've tried adding the nodes you suggested. I've also tried restarting the testnet without the mainnet running, but still no connections. My ip is 172.246.252.93 if that helps.

I see no evidence of that IP attempting to connect to the network.

Could it be that you have a firewall that is blocking your connection attempt?

You need to be able to make connections to port 35714 on remote hosts.

As https://github.com/nochowderforyou/clams/wiki/Testnet says:

The P2P network connects on port 35714, instead of 31174.

You can try using 'telnet' to check whether you can connect:

$ telnet 74.207.230.61 35714
Trying 74.207.230.61...
Connected to 74.207.230.61.
Escape character is '^]'.
^]q

telnet> Connection closed.

If I pick a different (wrong) port it tries but never connects:

$ telnet 74.207.230.61 35715
Trying 74.207.230.61...

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
Pages: « 1 ... 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 [308] 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 319 320 321 322 323 324 325 326 327 328 329 330 331 332 333 334 335 336 337 338 339 340 341 342 343 344 345 346 347 348 349 350 351 352 353 354 355 356 357 358 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: