Bitcoin Forum
April 23, 2024, 04:27:28 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 501 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][CLAM] CLAMs, Proof-Of-Chain, Proof-Of-Working-Stake, a.k.a. "Clamcoin"  (Read 1150749 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

Activity: 3906
Merit: 1240

Owner at AltQuick.com & FreeBitcoins.com

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 03:30:43 AM
Last edit: March 04, 2018, 05:06:55 AM by BayAreaCoins

I would strongly suggest services not ignore these small faucet transactions to save literally pennies.

It's not about saving pennies, it's about not having your CLAM client grind to a halt every time a new block is found as it struggles to update the wallet.dat for each of the thousands of dust outputs it contains.

If you use "mininput=0.001" in clam.conf then the wallet won't recognize the dust deposits at all, and so isn't bogged down by them.

This is nothing against you or your site. It's just a practical matter that once the CLAM wallet has received too many transactions it starts performing horribly. I don't know for sure, but I expect the reason that the various exchanges have their CLAM wallets offline a lot of the time is something to do with this same issue.

I really do understand it is nothing against me or my site, but what you are saying is things you aren't even sure about (the exchanges being broken.)

All I'm saying is maybe rather than blackball a service... fixing the problem at the core would be a better way to go about it.  

Even if that is raising fees or whatever the fix is.

As an investor... It'd be nice to know that one retard that can't even code could cause such a issue.

Has our faucet ever crashed your wallet? (Just-Dice)  I remember the Bitcoin wallet dying once a week (this is possibly an exaggeration, but those were more stressful times it seems) and people freaking out from 4am-9am, but not once can I recall the CLAM wallet doing that ever.  (This happened so much in Bitcoin that there was a nickname for it "restart the just-dice *potato*" aka the computer or whatever).

I frequently talk to others that accept our deposits and our affiliates play a pretty penny per day there (far exceeding what we give in CLAM for them to try the spot out risk-free. That includes deposits and the action.

Right now we give out .6 CLAMS ish per day and our players bring us about 10-50 CLAM every few days in action from our affiliate stuff... and that is from a single site that chose to use CLAMS! (People play with all sorts of different coins because CLAM users can very easily be "whales" from the "cheap" 2014 days.  I hope this leads to other sites accepting CLAM and helping us grow.)

I mean I do understand from your point of view... you've got "enough" and just want shit to work smooth, but for someone that wants to work hard and get known... our faucet can be a huge player in helping that.

Edit: not trying to sound like earning dick... I'm just saying it pays off for those websites in users to accept CLAM dust for folks to test their site.

This is affiliate earnings from the action on a single coin from a single affiliate in less than 24 hours from some website owner (LuckyGames.co) that has the time and is will to put the effort into running a CLAM wallet that accepts dust deposits to try their site out.  (that was a mouth full Cheesy)

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 04, 2018, 04:34:01 AM

This is affiliate earnings from the action on a single coin from a single affiliate in less than 24 hours from some website owner (LuckyGames.co) that has the time and is will to put the effort into running a CLAM wallet that accepts dust deposits to try their site out.  (that was a mouth full Cheesy)

This is not a shot at you either obviously... you've gone above and beyond allowing us to tip faucet users directly through Just-Dice and everything else you do.

https://AltQuick.com/exchange/ - Trade altcoins & Bitcoin Testnet coins with real Bitcoin. Fast, private, and easy!
https://FreeBitcoins.com/faucet/ - Load your AltQuick exchange account with free Bitcoins & Testnet every 10 minutes.
dooglus
Legendary

Activity: 2940
Merit: 1330

View Profile
March 04, 2018, 06:36:24 AM

This is affiliate earnings from the action on a single coin from a single affiliate in less than 24 hours from some website owner (LuckyGames.co) that has the time and is will to put the effort into running a CLAM wallet that accepts dust deposits to try their site out.

Do you have any idea how they do that? Did they fix whatever it is in the CLAM wallet that makes it get so slow after receiving too many payments?

The CLAM wallet is open source. Patches are welcome. I made all my improvements public when I was adding the features I needed for it to work with Just-Dice. It would be nice if others gave back too.

Just-Dice                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
  ██████████████████████████ 
██████████████████████████████
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   Play or Invest                 ██             
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
VVV

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 05, 2018, 07:20:10 PM
Last edit: March 05, 2018, 07:32:32 PM by VVV

Somebody can archive synchronized ..\Roaming\Claim folder without you wallet.dat?

I have issue that bootstrap.dat don't want to apply. I tried on clean ..\Roaming\Claim(only wallet.dat and bootstrap.dat) folder, and tried synchronize about several weeks and after this tried apply bootstrap.dat. Tried turn off internet before do this, tried several clients x32/x64 v1.4.17 on several Windows 7 x32/x34 Sad The symptoms is same -  getblockcount return 88 blocks and I see bootstrap.dat.old file..

Also I have strange issue that client want use claim.cfg with nodes(tried several formats addnode=220.118.173.91:31174 or addnode 220.118.173.91:31174 add). Tried put it in folder with wallet.dat or client exe file. After this I can go to console and write "addnode 220.118.173.91:31174 add"
and there was no error that this node exists. I(and client file) have full access to folders because client can rename bootstrap.dat to bootstrap.dat.old file.
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 06, 2018, 03:45:36 AM

tried several clients x32/x64 v1.4.17 on several Windows 7 x32/x34

Did you try on any real operating systems? Windows is mostly for playing games I think. I tried running bitcoind on Windows many years ago and found it didn't work very well at all.

Also I have strange issue that client want use claim.cfg with nodes

I'm not sure exactly what you're saying, but if you mean it won't load claim.cfg, it's not meant to. It loads "clam.conf" only. You have to spell it like that.

Tried put it in folder with wallet.dat or client exe file. After this I can go to console and write "addnode 220.118.173.91:31174 add"
and there was no error that this node exists. I(and client file) have full access to folders because client can rename bootstrap.dat to bootstrap.dat.old file.

Try renaming the config file to "clam.conf". It goes in the same place as the CLAM wallet.dat file and bootstrap.dat.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
VVV

Activity: 17

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 08:05:43 AM

Did you try on any real operating systems? Windows is mostly for playing games I think. I tried running bitcoind on Windows many years ago and found it didn't work very well at all.
Thanks for idea! I'm installed Ubuntu on virtual machine and linux-client import bootstrap.dat perfectly!

Try renaming the config file to "clam.conf". It goes in the same place as the CLAM wallet.dat file and bootstrap.dat.
Yes, the problem was with file extension, thanks!
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 05:08:06 PM

This is affiliate earnings from the action on a single coin from a single affiliate in less than 24 hours from some website owner (LuckyGames.co) that has the time and is will to put the effort into running a CLAM wallet that accepts dust deposits to try their site out.

Do you have any idea how they do that? Did they fix whatever it is in the CLAM wallet that makes it get so slow after receiving too many payments?

The CLAM wallet is open source. Patches are welcome. I made all my improvements public when I was adding the features I needed for it to work with Just-Dice.

I'm still waiting on a response and I will work with them to get it pushed to the public if they have a solution...

It would be nice if others gave back too.

Doog, we are doing the best we can.  It'd be nice if you'd continue to contribute as well rather than just recommending blackballing transactions.  You're one of the most talented humans I've ever met/heard of/read about.  

I'm about to go tits up on my end trying, but I'm going to make it.

<said in a joking manner> I can't imagine my day becoming reduced to fucking Litecoin gambling contests..... what would of 2013 dooglus have said to 2018 dooglus?! Cheesy </said in a joking manner>  Tongue

BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 05:10:47 PM

Has our faucet ever crashed your wallet? (Just-Dice)  I remember the Bitcoin wallet dying once a week (this is possibly an exaggeration, but those were more stressful times it seems) and people freaking out from 4am-9am, but not once can I recall the CLAM wallet doing that ever.  (This happened so much in Bitcoin that there was a nickname for it "restart the just-dice *potato*" aka the computer or whatever).

I also didn't catch your response to this dooglus.

dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:11:16 PM

It would be nice if others gave back too.

Doog, we are doing the best we can.  It'd be nice if you'd continue to contribute as well rather than just recommending blackballing transactions.

My comment wasn't directed at you. I meant that if some other gambling site has found a solution to the problem it would be nice if they shared it by publishing patches in the github.

<said in a joking manner> I can't imagine my day becoming reduced to fucking Litecoin gambling contests..... what would of 2013 dooglus have said to 2018 dooglus?! Cheesy </said in a joking manner>  Tongue

I've always been a sucker for +EV promotions. 2013 dooglus was probably too busy practicing card counting on an old BTC blackjack site or playing video poker 18 hours a day trying to claim the +EV royal flush bonus to care about 2018 dooglus' dicing. Smiley

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 08, 2018, 06:33:13 PM

I also didn't catch your response to this dooglus.

I don't remember the Bitcoin wallet or the CLAM wallet crashing, but it did used to get very slow, to the point where I had to keep making new ones and invalidating old deposit addresses. The dice server itself used to also get bogged down after a while, but I've worked on it a lot over the years and now it is more stable than ever. It runs for a month or two at a time now without any issues, and I usually only restart it to make changes to the software.

The site has used 8 different CLAM hot wallets. A new one was switched in on each of these dates:

6th December 2014 : xJDCLAMZ9rQ11tMf7JUw1Zzvjm5ShkryrU
     24th April 2015 : xJDCLAMZtRD72TC31E8SJ4a6ycFtnQyuDH and xJDCLAMZSGaTadAzcS7tcVNTa46qCr6j2s
    26th August 2015 : xJDCLAMZvaTSPjsfq5vQU9bzGEfWQeq7zD
   20th October 2015 : xJDCLAMZW9xZEFRfWhxXkcCGYkHAzhsjT5 and x8mNAwkQZhcoDwDg4yude8cXdKWezignMc
  11th December 2015 : xJDCLAMZw7oNy2cUXAwnxbrkqyimL54zto
   9th February 2016 : xJDCLAMZ3Y7L5XQBfW85dY8SoKWLgovNtZ
  29th December 2016 : xJDCLAMZrrnxgLfXvN2Qe4J6cK9Gp3uuHk
      1st April 2017 : xJDCLAMZBRAhGZognJfhqa5YpAobQGNTXT

I'm not sure when the faucet started tipping users instead of transferring on-chain, but you'll see that for whatever reason we've gone from needing 4 wallets in 2015 to 2 in 2016 to just 1 in 2017. I can't be sure this is related to the faucet dust, but I'd put money on it being the case. Note that it's been almost a year since we last had to switch to a new wallet, so something has definitely improved.

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 08, 2018, 07:52:32 PM

I've always been a sucker for +EV promotions. 2013 dooglus was probably too busy practicing card counting on an old BTC blackjack site or playing video poker 18 hours a day trying to claim the +EV royal flush bonus to care about 2018 dooglus' dicing. Smiley

I recall Cheesy  One of these days I'm going to get a chance to set up a proveable fair blackjack game the way you like them and we shall battle! <3

(Congrats on your win/partnership btw on Yolo)

I'll let y'all know what I hear back as far as the CLAM wallet "fix" or if it is just as you described as well with running multiples.

Thank you.

broxar

Activity: 3

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:48:11 PM

I'm having some issues trying to claim my clams

- The wallet is fully synchronized
- I've made a file using the multibit ".key" file schema, listing each private key in WIF with a (dummy) timestamp. I don't have a wallet.dat file for these addresses
- Using importwalletdump and pointing the key file I was able to load these addresses into the clams client, but it doesn't show any balance or any past transaction
- These addresses should have clams according the date of the snapshot.

Any ideas?
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 03:52:25 PM

- I've made a file using the multibit ".key" file schema, listing each private key in WIF with a (dummy) timestamp. I don't have a wallet.dat file for these addresses
- Using importwalletdump and pointing the key file I was able to load these addresses into the clams client, but it doesn't show any balance or any past transaction

Any ideas?

Can you tell me one of the addresses that should have CLAMs but apparently doesn't?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
broxar

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:10:38 PM

Any ideas?

Can you tell me one of the addresses that should have CLAMs but apparently doesn't?

Sure, 14m336CtF8PLrB8cLRoYpaSbeg2Zr2kDTM

I'm exporting the private key from blockchain.info wallet, using the wif format

thank you
dooglus
Legendary

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:21:36 PM

OK. That address did get free CLAMs. You can see them here:

http://khashier.com/address/xC4fvy3MWqsNtZEUguSDFkjNsnKoJS1X8H

(I found that link by typing "/dig 14m336CtF8PLrB8cLRoYpaSbeg2Zr2kDTM" into the Just-Dice chat area).

So either you didn't import the private key correctly, or you didn't rescan the blockchain after importing it.

Find out, by going to the debug console in the help menu, and typing:

validateaddress xC4fvy3MWqsNtZEUguSDFkjNsnKoJS1X8H

When I do that, I see:

{
    "isvalid" : true,
    "address" : "xC4fvy3MWqsNtZEUguSDFkjNsnKoJS1X8H",
    "ismine" : false
  }

Note the "ismine" part. That's telling me didn't import the private key. What do you see?

██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
          ██████████         
      ██████████████████     
    ██████████████████████   
        ██████████████       
            ██████           
   1% House Edge
broxar

View Profile
March 09, 2018, 04:35:15 PM

OK. That address did get free CLAMs. You can see them here:

http://khashier.com/address/xC4fvy3MWqsNtZEUguSDFkjNsnKoJS1X8H

(I found that link by typing "/dig 14m336CtF8PLrB8cLRoYpaSbeg2Zr2kDTM" into the Just-Dice chat area).

So either you didn't import the private key correctly, or you didn't rescan the blockchain after importing it.

Find out, by going to the debug console in the help menu, and typing:

validateaddress xC4fvy3MWqsNtZEUguSDFkjNsnKoJS1X8H

When I do that, I see:

{
    "isvalid" : true,
    "address" : "xC4fvy3MWqsNtZEUguSDFkjNsnKoJS1X8H",
    "ismine" : false
  }

Note the "ismine" part. That's telling me didn't import the private key. What do you see?

Found the issue. Blockchain.info wif format is "compressed", it seems the client isn't supporting this specific format (however it doesn't fail, it loaded a bunch of clam addresses in the client). Switched to uncompressed and everything is fine now. thanks
Roentgenate

Activity: 11

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 05:09:39 AM

Amusing segment on the HBO show - Last Week Tonight.  CLAMs get a brief mention here.  

https://youtu.be/Bz_Sdp0EU9Y?t=10m01s
Warfare

Activity: 1036
Merit: 256

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 01:48:30 PM

Amusing segment on the HBO show - Last Week Tonight.  CLAMs get a brief mention here.  

That video is only 4 minutes long without the mention of CLAMs.
Here is the full video at that exact moment:
https://youtu.be/8MhA4IFHmLY?t=672

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Vlada69

Activity: 238
Merit: 5

View Profile
March 12, 2018, 03:31:11 PM

That video is only 4 minutes long without the mention of CLAMs.
Here is the full video at that exact moment:
https://youtu.be/8MhA4IFHmLY?t=672

Neither is your link working.

Here is full video and clam has been mentioned at 11:10

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6iDZspbRMg
BayAreaCoins
Legendary

View Profile WWW
March 12, 2018, 05:45:33 PM

Pages: « 1 ... 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 [434] 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 ... 501 »
  Print  

Jump to: