Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 05:57:12 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 ... 1628 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos  (Read 1483650 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
URSAY
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1000

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:21:16 AM

I'm off to bed, but I'd like to ask:

Who's had any issues with the latest wallet releases?

Version 2.49.08 on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Seriously. If there are any issues outstanding, we want to straighten them out pronto.

Still don't have Coin Control for the Mac; don't know about Linux

Coin control is available on the Mac xc client.  Not sure what version your using but perhaps you need an upgrade?

I downloaded the latest version on XC website which was: XCurrency-qt-08 prod.dmg. When I open that up the "About XCurrency" shows the id as XCurrency version v0.9.2.49.08.XCurrency-Rev2. There is no 'options' under the settings menu as in Windows and on 'Send coins' button, no coin control. Is there a later version somewhere else or am I missing something else

X-Currency-qt/Preferences.../Display/Display coin control features (experts only!)
FlyboyHawk

Activity: 17
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 03:28:32 AM

I'm off to bed, but I'd like to ask:

Who's had any issues with the latest wallet releases?

Version 2.49.08 on Windows, Mac and Linux.

Seriously. If there are any issues outstanding, we want to straighten them out pronto.

Still don't have Coin Control for the Mac; don't know about Linux

Coin control is available on the Mac xc client.  Not sure what version your using but perhaps you need an upgrade?

I downloaded the latest version on XC website which was: XCurrency-qt-08 prod.dmg. When I open that up the "About XCurrency" shows the id as XCurrency version v0.9.2.49.08.XCurrency-Rev2. There is no 'options' under the settings menu as in Windows and on 'Send coins' button, no coin control. Is there a later version somewhere else or am I missing something else

X-Currency-qt/Preferences.../Display/Display coin control features (experts only!)

My mistake; I see. Thanks!
reebokasss

Activity: 364
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:08:17 AM

there wasnt no more dump on bittrex tonight (EU time) , maybe its good sign

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
cryptico

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 06:18:53 AM

Arlyn I truly respect you and the team behind XC and that is the reason I am still here trying to grasp something that I do not seem to be able to grasp.

Im seeying more your point if people do not need to buy tokens to trade on the exchange they will still need to buy in whatever coin that is inside the blocknet to be able to use the exchange and they will be able to exchange it just with coins in the blocknet.

what I had in mind was a 3.0 web service exchange build on top of the mesh network you see my point? noone would have need to buy in any coin of any network he would just go in the exchange and create an account and trade. the exchange would have been on top of the mesh network instead of servers.

I see your point that with the blocknet exchange people will be able to trade from day 1 the coins in the blocknet. what I think is you can see my point also. The users would have arrived once you would have build a new exchange.

Hey Cryptico

A web 3.0 exchange built on top of the mesh network would not be something you'd log in to. Your app would receive bids and asks directly from other nodes, and it would trade directly with other nodes.

If it were only on the XC network, then how would Xnodes accept other currencies? They couldn't, because they're just XC wallets.

Alternatively you could build a traditional centralised exchange on XC's mesh network, offering different currency pairs as per usual.

But this would be no more secure than Bittrex/Mintpal/Poloniex. Its owners could still freely abuse their position of power in myriad ways.

What we're waiting for is a truly decentralised exchange. And for this to work, there needs to be an API in every currency's nodes that enable them to talk to nodes from other currencies.

It needs an XBridge. It needs the Blocknet.

You lost me big Time here. I thought The mesh Network was truly decentralised and that none could OWN or manipulate any of the Xnodes mixers in the Network.

So at this point How do you see XC in web 3.0 development? and How do you justify the Xmixer to stay on-line to collect fees? will xmixer collecting fees from the Block-net. No.

So there is no point to develop web 3.0 on top of the Mesh Network as there could be a third party Ownership of the Network? How?

Please Explain how a website on web 3.0 on XC Network as it is in the road map and was promised to Investors is different from another website called exchange.

Thank you.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with New Wallet & Smart Message Insertion
  with Smart Doc Insertion
  Free WBB Chat App | Fully Secure and Private
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 08:32:02 AM

Arlyn I truly respect you and the team behind XC and that is the reason I am still here trying to grasp something that I do not seem to be able to grasp.

Im seeying more your point if people do not need to buy tokens to trade on the exchange they will still need to buy in whatever coin that is inside the blocknet to be able to use the exchange and they will be able to exchange it just with coins in the blocknet.

what I had in mind was a 3.0 web service exchange build on top of the mesh network you see my point? noone would have need to buy in any coin of any network he would just go in the exchange and create an account and trade. the exchange would have been on top of the mesh network instead of servers.

I see your point that with the blocknet exchange people will be able to trade from day 1 the coins in the blocknet. what I think is you can see my point also. The users would have arrived once you would have build a new exchange.

Hey Cryptico

A web 3.0 exchange built on top of the mesh network would not be something you'd log in to. Your app would receive bids and asks directly from other nodes, and it would trade directly with other nodes.

If it were only on the XC network, then how would Xnodes accept other currencies? They couldn't, because they're just XC wallets.

Alternatively you could build a traditional centralised exchange on XC's mesh network, offering different currency pairs as per usual.

But this would be no more secure than Bittrex/Mintpal/Poloniex. Its owners could still freely abuse their position of power in myriad ways.

What we're waiting for is a truly decentralised exchange. And for this to work, there needs to be an API in every currency's nodes that enable them to talk to nodes from other currencies.

It needs an XBridge. It needs the Blocknet.

You lost me big Time here. I thought The mesh Network was truly decentralised and that none could OWN or manipulate any of the Xnodes mixers in the Network.

So at this point How do you see XC in web 3.0 development? and How do you justify the Xmixer to stay on-line to collect fees? will xmixer collecting fees from the Block-net. No.

So there is no point to develop web 3.0 on top of the Mesh Network as there could be a third party Ownership of the Network? How?

Please Explain how a website on web 3.0 on XC Network as it is in the road map and was promised to Investors is different from another website called exchange.

Thank you.

There's a difference between the network that communicates data to your node, and the data itself. You've been thinking that just because XC's web 3.0 network will be decentralised, the services ("data") that run on it will be decentralised too. That's not necessarily the case.

XC's mesh network, as you correctly thought, is truly decentralised and no one party owns or can manipulate all the nodes.

But a mesh network can transmit any kind of content - traditional websites or radically new things like a decentralised exchange. That's part of the usefulness of XC's web 3.0 architecture - it can do anything traditional network architecture can do, and more.

So someone could build a traditional centralised exchange and serve it from XC's mesh. This would make it pretty hard to DDOS the site, but the site's owners could still do whatever they want with your account and not get caught.

None of this changes XC's web 3.0 development plans of course. The sort of network architecture that XC will deliver is a major advancement and a valuable service. XC's mesh is well suited to support a web 3.0 content server, and users of it will still benefit from its robustness and cost-effectiveness. Xnode owners will still get paid to serve web content to customers. In fact, since we're part of the Blocknet, XC's web 3.0 content server now has an additional market for its web 3.0 service. That's pretty significant.

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
cryptico

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 08:39:29 AM

Ok thank you for the clarification now I understand it more.

I think it is really Important to get an xbridge ready BTC wallet for the block-net exchange as this would be the reason for traders to go there and trade their bitcoins for another coin on a decentralised exchange for the first time.

Since BTC is open source can we expect this to be done ASAP?

This will be the true incentive as well for other coins to join the blocknet.

Thank you.

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
synechist
Legendary

Activity: 1190

To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 08:43:05 AM

Ok thank you for the clarification now I understand it more.

I think it is really Important to get an xbridge ready BTC wallet for the block-net exchange as this would be the reason for traders to go there and trade their bitcoins for another coin on a decentralised exchange for the first time.

Since BTC is open source can we expect this to be done ASAP?

This will be the true incentive as well for other coins to join the blocknet.

Thank you.

Yes I think that creating a Blocknet-enabled Bitcoin wallet would be awesome.

We'll keep you posted on our plans in this regard. :-)

Co-Founder, the Blocknet
onealfa

Activity: 235
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:48:31 AM

Never seen anything like this. WTF? No more BUY orders?

cryptico

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 10:50:38 AM

SNIP

Bots

.WildBeastBlock.       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
       █
 ▄     █▄    ▄
 █     ██     █
 █      █▀   ███
 █▄▄   ▄█    ███
███   ▀██▄   ▀█
 █▀     █▀   ██
 █    ▄███   ██▀
 ██  ▀▀██   ▄▄█
 ██▄    ██▄  ██▄
 ▄█    ▄██    █
▀██     █    ███
 ██    ▄██   ▀██
 ██▀    ██▀   █
  █     █▀    █
  █     █     █
  ▀     █     ▀
  with Smart Doc Insertion
Teka (OP)

Activity: 840

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:05:04 AM

Morning everyone, I will be hanging out in the IRC pretty much all week if anyone is interested in having a chat.

Please bare in mind that I will be doing design work at the same time so my responses might take some time Wink .
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:20:53 AM

[snip]

The list on bittrex just shows the first 50 orders - there are plenty of buy orders but they are
swamped by a gazillion tiny bot buy orders
buy-black

Activity: 238

View Profile WWW
October 27, 2014, 11:29:54 AM

[snip]

The list on bittrex just shows the first 50 orders - there are plenty of buy orders but they are
Typical order book manipulation made up of tiny orders stacked one satoshi away purposely so that the buy orders after the first 50 orders do not show.  I have asked Bittrex to fix this but they have not done so, you can also fill the sell order book the same way to make it look the opposite.  Bittrex should fix this with some order analysis scrypt that can detect this and bunch them all together or by staking all these orders into one order and displaying one decimal place less.

BC + XC + DRK
capler

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 11:40:38 AM
Last edit: October 27, 2014, 12:07:48 PM by capler

[snip]

Typical order book manipulation made up of tiny orders stacked one satoshi away purposely so that the buy orders after the first 50 orders do not show.  I have asked Bittrex to fix this but they have not done so, you can also fill the sell order book the same way to make it look the opposite.  Bittrex should fix this with some order analysis scrypt that can detect this and bunch them all together or by staking all these orders into one order and displaying one decimal place less.

+1 All buy orders around 0.00070770-880 it makes it difficult to see below. It is very often the case on bittrex, i think that this is the work of one person
heartastack

Activity: 714

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:27:19 PM

[snip]

Typical order book manipulation made up of tiny orders stacked one satoshi away purposely so that the buy orders after the first 50 orders do not show.  I have asked Bittrex to fix this but they have not done so, you can also fill the sell order book the same way to make it look the opposite.  Bittrex should fix this with some order analysis scrypt that can detect this and bunch them all together or by staking all these orders into one order and displaying one decimal place less.

+1 All buy orders around 0.00070770-880 it makes it difficult to see below. It is very often the case on bittrex, i think that this is the work of one person

That bot or person or whatever is the disease of bittrex
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:44:19 PM

[snip]

That bot or person or whatever is the disease of bittrex

No doubt, I absolutely hate that. 
reebokasss

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 12:53:09 PM

only 2 days left till blocknet, but volume is falling down and price arent moving in any side, what do you think when we will see volume jumping? today, tomorrow or wednesday? or blocknet wont effect XC volume and price? opinions? just want to discuss and know others opinion

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
holyprofit

Activity: 196

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:00:38 PM

only 2 days left till blocknet, but volume is falling down and price arent moving in any side, what do you think when we will see volume jumping? today, tomorrow or wednesday? or blocknet wont effect XC volume and price? opinions? just want to discuss and know others opinion

The huge recent volume was due to dumping, so you don't want big volume just yet! It seems pretty normal ... i.e.

Volume falling off = dumping had peaked - (i.e. the majority of people are persuaded to sell at the bottom and lose).
Volume starts to rise as people become more confident.
Bull run 
volume peaks when most people buy at the top (and again lose).
Rinse, repeat.
the_game1224

Activity: 252

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:06:37 PM

I have mixed feelings on how the blocknet ITO will effect the XC price.   Regardless of if it is right or wrong there definitely has been a lot of negative reaction to the ITO and timing of blocknet itself.
Honestly I am still trying to form an opinion and plan my next move myself.
Bitinvestor

Activity: 470

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:27:32 PM

I have mixed feelings on how the blocknet ITO will effect the XC price.   Regardless of if it is right or wrong there definitely has been a lot of negative reaction to the ITO and timing of blocknet itself.
Honestly I am still trying to form an opinion and plan my next move myself.

There's always a hostile reaction to anything and everything on Bitcointalk. Just ignore the haters and make up your own mind.  Smiley

Those who cause problems for others also cause problems for themselves.
hoertest

Activity: 882

View Profile
October 27, 2014, 01:28:29 PM

I'm with you here . i don't expect wonders for xc price because of the 10% discount. I also think parts of the sell off been big holders that don't share the vision of XC inlcuding the blocknet ecosystem. I think its great for XC because XCs unique tech will do well of and on the blocknet. the mesh net privacy with easy of use will be the driving force of XCs bullrun though, with or without the blocknet. BLocknet is an infrstructural sideproject which i think is good to start now but it won't sell XC or the other coins as much as their own tech will. some think this tec gets shared on blocknet which is wrong. Also beeing able to use XC with other coins doesn'T put an end to XC buypressure. i sense some think that. But whats a more attractive long term hold then a coin that makes good fee traffic on blocknet? none. so the urge to buy and hold XC is still in place based on XC delivering mesh net privacy just like before just on a bigger scale depending on how blocknet will develope. the internet is still there btw. conventional acces to XC is not cut of with blocknet.

I think what the team has to learn a little is sensing the community mood better and acting accordingly. you can'T force your vision of how things will play out on the majority of a community just by articulating yourself eloquently enough. Anyway.

its good that the cards are kind of on the table right now. those who embrace the blocknet are still here, those who don'T see its benefits have left. this had to turn into a sell of and i'm actually positive surprised that it didn't went lower. we can build a new positive momentum from here with everybody more or less on the same page again now. you can't make everybody happy all time but i see a consensual agreement on the direction in here again which is good. the meshnet privacy of rev3 is the biggest thing since bitcoin to me. i will only leave if this fails to become userfriendly reality and i see rather the opposite around the corner.
Pages: « 1 ... 1494 1495 1496 1497 1498 1499 1500 1501 1502 1503 1504 1505 1506 1507 1508 1509 1510 1511 1512 1513 1514 1515 1516 1517 1518 1519 1520 1521 1522 1523 1524 1525 1526 1527 1528 1529 1530 1531 1532 1533 1534 1535 1536 1537 1538 1539 1540 1541 1542 1543 [1544] 1545 1546 1547 1548 1549 1550 1551 1552 1553 1554 1555 1556 1557 1558 1559 1560 1561 1562 1563 1564 1565 1566 1567 1568 1569 1570 1571 1572 1573 1574 1575 1576 1577 1578 1579 1580 1581 1582 1583 1584 1585 1586 1587 1588 1589 1590 1591 1592 1593 1594 ... 1628 »
  Print  

Jump to: