Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 04:52:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625082 times)
MostlyGhostly

Activity: 396
Merit: 109

View Profile
May 23, 2020, 04:22:02 PM
Last edit: May 23, 2020, 08:31:09 PM by MostlyGhostly
Merited by nutildah (1)

Hind parts of mine are about to start twerking in an amusingly salacious way now that I heard the response posted above. That can not be true. A mere pretense to dissemble the untold part of the story. All has been going fine except big hurdles bbc.reporter was forced to go through as a corollary of his allegiance with scoundrel from theatrical community in the medina of the city, then new algo and bad mining returns, then smooth lost wind and cheated on btc.reporter with another man, then btc.reporter stopped reporting. Madness.
Bitcoin addresses contain a checksum, so it is very unlikely that mistyping an address will cause you to lose money.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 12:08:16 AM

Just getting back around to the wallet.

This is the error I get after tryomg to logi in.

"Couldn't open wallet: basic_string::_M_replace-aux"

Even trying to use the seed doesn't work.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
LennyCarl

Activity: 176
Merit: 108

View Profile
May 26, 2020, 01:24:39 AM

I googled your error message and this response from dEBRUYNE_1 in the monero subreddit could fix your issue. Essentially, backup and/or rename your wallet cache file and it'll rebuild and hopefully fix your problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/5yi6fo/error_when_trying_to_use_password_for_gui_wallet/

antonio8
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1000

View Profile
May 27, 2020, 08:26:22 PM

I googled your error message and this response from dEBRUYNE_1 in the monero subreddit could fix your issue. Essentially, backup and/or rename your wallet cache file and it'll rebuild and hopefully fix your problem.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Monero/comments/5yi6fo/error_when_trying_to_use_password_for_gui_wallet/

Thanks.

Will give it a shot.

If you are going to leave your BTC on an exchange please send it to this address instead 1GH3ub3UUHbU5qDJW5u3E9jZ96ZEmzaXtG, I will at least use the money better than someone who steals it from the exchange. Thanks Wink
bigslimvdub

Activity: 346
Merit: 23

View Profile WWW
May 29, 2020, 02:21:00 AM

@estenity. Who is that? He has 68 followers only hehe.

Who owns the account of @aeoncurrency on Twitter and who owns @aeoncoin which is more active? I think americanpegasus on the first one and bigslimvdub on the other one?

Smooth owns the @aeoncoin and I own the @AeonCommunity one. Whats up?

bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1439

View Profile
June 02, 2020, 03:34:00 AM

@bigslimvdub. Smooth owns the more active @aeoncoin account? I reckon that someone else owns it. The tweets does not appear to be smooth.

Who owns the first twitter Aeon account, @aeoncurrency? Americanpegas, Katiecharms?

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 03:28:15 AM

This might be the future for the cryptospace and Aeon's only hope to grow, I reckon. Tradeogre appears to be one of them hehe. However, we need more.

@bigslimvdub. Are there further efforts from the community to have Aeon listed in those small exchanges without KYC?

@smooth. If I email some exchanges and they look for a developer, can I tell them to email you?

Could an overbearance of regulation divide the crypto space and create a “gray” market composed of unregulated exchanges, where digital assets trade at lower prices?

At a panel at Consensus: Distributed exploring the impact of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) “Travel Rule,” Bakkt President Adam White said yes.

“We are going to see a bifurcation in the crypto space,” said White. “We are going to see white crypto; we are going to see gray crypto. And those different forms of crypto will most likely trade at different prices.”

Source https://www.coindesk.com/fatf-travel-rule-crypto-gray-markets

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 04, 2020, 08:42:00 AM

This might be the future for the cryptospace and Aeon's only hope to grow, I reckon. Tradeogre appears to be one of them hehe. However, we need more.

@bigslimvdub. Are there further efforts from the community to have Aeon listed in those small exchanges without KYC?

@smooth. If I email some exchanges and they look for a developer, can I tell them to email you?

Could an overbearance of regulation divide the crypto space and create a “gray” market composed of unregulated exchanges, where digital assets trade at lower prices?

At a panel at Consensus: Distributed exploring the impact of the Financial Action Task Force (FATF) “Travel Rule,” Bakkt President Adam White said yes.

“We are going to see a bifurcation in the crypto space,” said White. “We are going to see white crypto; we are going to see gray crypto. And those different forms of crypto will most likely trade at different prices.”

Source https://www.coindesk.com/fatf-travel-rule-crypto-gray-markets

interesting discussion in this paper.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
June 06, 2020, 02:10:48 PM

From my experience;
On big exchanges, they require a pretty extensive listing and kyc process to list smaller coins. It also involves a lot of financial interest in their favor to execute a listing.

For smaller exchanges, the just want .5-2btc to list and minimal kyc, ex: the names of those working with the project a a good summary/background on the project.

Due to the lack of community interest and funding, Aeon hasn’t been listed on any larger exchanges or any for that matter other than Altilly which has $10/day in volume.

I would personally recommend against community members trying to submit listing applications because it has been shown that exchanges such as Binance and Kracken frown upon non “dev team” members or multiple submissions. The best action would be to spread the word by sending a professional type correspondence to exchanges inquiring about listing that way listing services are centralized to one common source.

Imo it’s pretty pointless to list on 95% of the exchanges out there since they’re all just a bunch of wash trading anyway and it doesn’t really help any coin but provide liquidity for those looking to exit the coin to BTC. Listing on smaller wash trading exchanges also Promotes pump and dump schemes. Easy in easy out no questions asked.
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 06, 2020, 07:47:44 PM

From my experience;
On big exchanges, they require a pretty extensive listing and kyc process to list smaller coins. It also involves a lot of financial interest in their favor to execute a listing.

For smaller exchanges, the just want .5-2btc to list and minimal kyc, ex: the names of those working with the project a a good summary/background on the project.

Due to the lack of community interest and funding, Aeon hasn’t been listed on any larger exchanges or any for that matter other than Altilly which has $10/day in volume.

I would personally recommend against community members trying to submit listing applications because it has been shown that exchanges such as Binance and Kracken frown upon non “dev team” members or multiple submissions. The best action would be to spread the word by sending a professional type correspondence to exchanges inquiring about listing that way listing services are centralized to one common source.

Imo it’s pretty pointless to list on 95% of the exchanges out there since they’re all just a bunch of wash trading anyway and it doesn’t really help any coin but provide liquidity for those looking to exit the coin to BTC. Listing on smaller wash trading exchanges also Promotes pump and dump schemes. Easy in easy out no questions asked.

on the way out, aeon.to is important. its limit is currently 0.05 btc (around 1,000 aeon).

but we need effectively more small open exchanges or dexes.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2020, 02:43:39 PM

on the way out, aeon.to is important. its limit is currently 0.05 btc (around 1,000 aeon).

but we need effectively more small open exchanges or dexes.

Listing on exchanges does not help much if there is no volume to add to them. If you want wash volume you can list on many of the prop up new exchanges that have $100k/ day straight wash trading volume.

Imo AEON needed to get listed on Chinese or other Asian area exchange because many are limited from geolocation. Other smaller projects followed that path, even paid some people with connections, to get listed on some more known exchanges.

But in the end, if the project is just a test platform for enhancing core code and functionality, exchange listing is a pointless effort.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 09, 2020, 04:36:38 AM

@bigslimvdub. Did you read the article? The cryptospace is presently becoming more strictly regulated. It is speculated that some of the volume trading on the big exchanges with KYC will transfer to the smaller exchanges without KYC. We must be ready and expect this.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2020, 05:37:26 PM

@bigslimvdub. Did you read the article? The cryptospace is presently becoming more strictly regulated. It is speculated that some of the volume trading on the big exchanges with KYC will transfer to the smaller exchanges without KYC. We must be ready and expect this.

Would you trust large amounts of your aeons on a copy paste new exchange with no way to know if tomorrow they will still be there?

All these prop up exchanges just aid the illegitimate projects that pop up to scam people.

There has been little interest and donations to pay listing fees to these small unknown exchanges to its a good bet to say that even if Aeon was listed, there would likely be no volume and end up a waste of money and time for everyone other than the exchange operators collecting the listing fees.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 10, 2020, 02:49:31 AM

@bigslimvdub. However, the future of the cryptospace might be on the gray market exchanges that do not require KYC. I reckon we take the chance for listing now because we are never going to find listings on the bigger exchanges.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
Sophia Portera

Activity: 114
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 11, 2020, 08:43:26 AM

Thank you for sharing. I hope Aeon will rise above $1 again! I try to keep track of this coin on this website: https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/aeon
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
June 14, 2020, 12:56:33 AM

Thank you for sharing. I hope Aeon will rise above $1 again! I try to keep track of this coin on this website: https://www.worldcoinindex.com/coin/aeon

Best of luck to you!
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 17, 2020, 03:25:11 AM

Has anyone heard of something? I speculate that this present pump on Aeon might be a miner's pump.

@smooth, @stoffu. Did Asic chip manufacturers inquire about K12 hehehe? That might be good news hehehehe.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
anshulinpc
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 24, 2020, 02:42:56 AM
Last edit: June 24, 2020, 08:24:05 PM by anshulinpc

Hello, can you please help me setting up my Aeon wallet on Windows 64 computer?
I have been trying to set it up for the last couple of days with no success.
I downloaded aeon V0.13.1.0 and started running aeond.exe but this has been running since the last 10 hours already and every one hour I get the following warning.

src/p2p/net_node.inl:1339 ?[1;31mNo incoming connections - check firewalls/routers allow port 11180

I came across your discussion on this issue and realized this is just a warning that can be ignored.
This syncing process is still ongoing.. and I don't know if it is really doing something or I need to address any issue.

All I want to do is take my AEONs from the Bittrex exchange and store them locally in the wallet.

If I open the GUI it shows the status as synchronizing but does not show any numbers of blocks remaining, which makes me believe something is wrong with the sync.

please please help to address this issue.. if you could guide me in the right direction, it would really help!

I just ran the status command on this. Following is what I got -
Height:1/1(100%) on main net, not mining, net hash 0h/s, v1, 0 out + 0 in connections, uptime 17h

why does it say 0 in and out connections?

Does it mean the syncing is completed? Should I open the GUI now?? How long with that take to sync?

Thank you so much!

bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 02:03:57 AM
Merited by estenity (1)

@anshulinpc. You can connect to a remote public node if you are having some problems syncing your own node. Read the instructions in this web page.

https://hashvault.pro/help/en/guides/aeon-remote-node-new-wallet-guide/

Also, @everyone, can anyone post an updated list of remote nodes?

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
anshulinpc
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 25, 2020, 02:52:20 AM

@anshulinpc. You can connect to a remote public node if you are having some problems syncing your own node. Read the instructions in this web page.

https://hashvault.pro/help/en/guides/aeon-remote-node-new-wallet-guide/

Also, @everyone, can anyone post an updated list of remote nodes?

Thank you so much for the reply! i found the list of remote nodes at below url - it worked fine once but not able to connect again.
trying to figure out

http://aeon-wallet.net/
Pages: « 1 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 [302] 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: