Bitcoin Forum
April 28, 2024, 10:32:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625086 times)
campurro

Activity: 50
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
October 13, 2018, 08:56:26 AM

New AEON + Bitsum (BSM) Merged Mining Pool

I have created a new merged mining pool AEON + BSM: https://aeon.minercountry.com/

- Pool fee: 0.5%
  - Merged mining with Bitsum. Just put your BSM Wallet address in the "password" field when configuring your miner.
  - Payout threshold 0.5 AEON
  - Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/ezjetWk

Join us and get BSM for free while mining AEON!

https://aeon.minercountry.com/

Thankyou!

Can you give me more clarification on the merge mining mechanisms, please.
Does it mean miners can mine any coin between these two and get their favorite coin in mining rewards?

Hi! You get both coins. To be able to do merged mining, the second coin has to accept the block of the first coin as a proof of work. So it has a special code for this and only can be done with coins with the same PoW algo (cn lite v1 in this case).
More info: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/guides/what-is-merged-mining-bitcoin-namecoin-litecoin-dogecoin/
Merged mining was first implemented in cryptonote by the Fantomcoin coin and was later adopted by other cn coins and forks.

Transactions must be included in a block to be properly completed. When you send a transaction, it is broadcast to miners. Miners can then optionally include it in their next blocks. Miners will be more inclined to include your transaction if it has a higher transaction fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
AngryWhiteWolf

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:13:37 PM

New AEON + Bitsum (BSM) Merged Mining Pool

I have created a new merged mining pool AEON + BSM: https://aeon.minercountry.com/

- Pool fee: 0.5%
  - Merged mining with Bitsum. Just put your BSM Wallet address in the "password" field when configuring your miner.
  - Payout threshold 0.5 AEON
  - Discord Channel: https://discord.gg/ezjetWk

Join us and get BSM for free while mining AEON!

https://aeon.minercountry.com/

Thankyou!

Can you give me more clarification on the merge mining mechanisms, please.
Does it mean miners can mine any coin between these two and get their favorite coin in mining rewards?

You mine AEON and receive Bitsum. I checked that coin yesterday, it's value was 2 satoshi at that time.
But, since last upgrade my wallet doesn't want to sync anymore... Shall I download all blockchain again?
campurro

Activity: 50

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 09:39:55 AM

You mine AEON and receive Bitsum. I checked that coin yesterday, it's value was 2 satoshi at that time.
But, since last upgrade my wallet doesn't want to sync anymore... Shall I download all blockchain again?
So, I can switch between ports in order to get my favorite coin as mining rewards.
If I want to get mining rewards in AEON, I have to switch my rigs to the port for AEON.
In contrast, I have to switch my port to the one for BSM.
Do I get it right?

No, you are mining BOTH coins on any port. You set your AEON wallet as "username" and your Bitsum wallet as "password" and you get your AEONS on you wallet and also get BSM on your Bitsum Wallet.
This is possible as the Bitsum network accepts AEON's network Proof of Work. Basically you are mining AEON and also getting BSM for free.
With merged mining you will get both coins rewards. You will get AEON and Bitsum. It means that your hash power is used more efficiently as you get 2 coins with the same hash power. You can learn more about merged mining here: https://www.cryptocompare.com/mining/guides/what-is-merged-mining-bitcoin-namecoin-litecoin-dogecoin/
Febo
Legendary

Activity: 2730
Merit: 1288

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 12:39:47 PM

The hardforks were needed for the code rebase. Saying that forks kill coins everytime is not true. Monero hardforks every 6 months as a routine upgrade.

In any case, I reckon the killing of Asics was what made the coin weaker. It would have been the beginning of an industry behind Aeon. I also reckon that it would have been the miners working for the coin to be listed in Binance and other big Chinese exchanges.

What we now have is a weak community and a weak group of miners mining from their homes.

Aeon had* a weak community. Nobody did anything but complain about the price and how there were no features. Nobody stepped in and just started doing things. People are doing that now. There are some things in the works for Aeon right now unrelated to smooth and stoffu keeping aeon code up to date.

You have to remember that ANYONE can contribute to Aeon. Anyone can (well have always been able to) make software that integrates to Aeon in any way. When have people asked themselves "What can I do for aeon?" The Aeon project is a good base for what it was intended for more than just a coin to make money trading on exchanges but it will never get there if community members don't pitch in to make it happen.  Sitting back is not going to make anything happen. Aeon wasn't some scammy ICO where the devs took $40mil from uneducated people with the hopes and dreams it would be something someday. Aeon IS something, and it was launched fairly without pre-mine or token sales. You have to look at those projects that had pre-mine or token sales and ask yourself what they have done outside providing a daemon and wallet to obtain and sell their coins to an exchange they bought with tokens to list them?

Please list all the community efforts that give significance, for you, in Aeon and tell me which efforts should we be proud of that might cause Aeon climb in market capitalization.

Also, we are bagholders of this cryptocoin, stop bamboozling yourself.

Aeon had* a weak community. Nobody did anything but complain about the price and how there were no features. Nobody stepped in and just started doing things.
bigslimvdub

Activity: 346
Merit: 23

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 07:44:36 PM

Please list all the community efforts that give significance, for you, in Aeon and tell me which efforts should we be proud of that might cause Aeon climb in market capitalization.

There have some community members stepping in recently, myself included. What have you done for the Aeon community other than post on an online forum? I have not been with this community for 4 years so I am not fully knowledgeable of the past 4 years but I have been with this community for over a year or so now.

also

One is not a bagholder if the coins are free from mining.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 07:53:54 PM

Github link:
https://github.com/aeonix/aeon/issues/65

Community members:
Please involve yourself with this discussion on GitHub. If you believe Aeon should have this change on the next network upgrade give your thoughts here. Also please comment on desired next upgrade to add Bulletproofs and activate Ring-CT & Multisig.
camthegeek

Activity: 34
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 11:03:11 PM

The hardforks were needed for the code rebase. Saying that forks kill coins everytime is not true. Monero hardforks every 6 months as a routine upgrade.

In any case, I reckon the killing of Asics was what made the coin weaker. It would have been the beginning of an industry behind Aeon. I also reckon that it would have been the miners working for the coin to be listed in Binance and other big Chinese exchanges.

What we now have is a weak community and a weak group of miners mining from their homes.

Aeon had* a weak community. Nobody did anything but complain about the price and how there were no features. Nobody stepped in and just started doing things. People are doing that now. There are some things in the works for Aeon right now unrelated to smooth and stoffu keeping aeon code up to date.

You have to remember that ANYONE can contribute to Aeon. Anyone can (well have always been able to) make software that integrates to Aeon in any way. When have people asked themselves "What can I do for aeon?" The Aeon project is a good base for what it was intended for more than just a coin to make money trading on exchanges but it will never get there if community members don't pitch in to make it happen.  Sitting back is not going to make anything happen. Aeon wasn't some scammy ICO where the devs took $40mil from uneducated people with the hopes and dreams it would be something someday. Aeon IS something, and it was launched fairly without pre-mine or token sales. You have to look at those projects that had pre-mine or token sales and ask yourself what they have done outside providing a daemon and wallet to obtain and sell their coins to an exchange they bought with tokens to list them?

While not the exact list that you wished for.. it's relevant to the conversation:

A new AEON Community was published to Reddit on August 25 2018.
Without over spamming our invites, we are up to 142 members.
Since launching, alongside members from reddit, we have done the following:
> Fork and improve an open source funding system: https://aeonfunding.com
> Funded a gambling system for AEON: https://betaeon.com
> Launched an XMR.TO type of system for AEON: https://aeonapi.com
> In progress of creating a whitepaper for AEON: https://github.com/thriftyMinnow/aeon-whitepaper

There are quite a few other tasks and ideas that are awaiting for someone to pick up and carry the torch. There are 3 specific funding requests on the funding system which needs commented on for acceptance or rejection. These requests all add some sort of value to AEON functionality and availability.

On top of this, we're trying to encourage those who come on our discord to get involved with AEON's github issues/discussions so we can help push AEON forward. Unlisted are small tasks by various community members are who doing some PR work for AEON.

Fun fact: Our community has accomplished more for AEON in the past 30-45 days than what has been done in the past 12 months or more (not dealing with core code).  Smiley
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2912
Merit: 1440

View Profile
October 15, 2018, 12:24:00 AM

@camthegeek. The cryptospace has become more professional, and while I still and will always support Aeon, I am not that optimistic that something big will occur unless it is picked up and adopted by a cryptospace behemoth.

Also, maybe we should be happy that Aeon will always be our small, little hobby hehehe.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
eeX

Activity: 961
Merit: 500

Soldo.IN [SLD]

View Profile WWW
October 15, 2018, 07:48:12 PM

You have to remember that ANYONE can contribute to Aeon. Anyone can (well have always been able to) make software that integrates to Aeon in any way. When have people asked themselves "What can I do for aeon?" The Aeon project is a good base for what it was intended for more than just a coin to make money trading on exchanges but it will never get there if community members don't pitch in to make it happen.  Sitting back is not going to make anything happen. Aeon wasn't some scammy ICO where the devs took $40mil from uneducated people with the hopes and dreams it would be something someday. Aeon IS something, and it was launched fairly without pre-mine or token sales. You have to look at those projects that had pre-mine or token sales and ask yourself what they have done outside providing a daemon and wallet to obtain and sell their coins to an exchange they bought with tokens to list them?

I tried to contribute somehow in 2017.
My friend an me even managed to entreated Hitbtc to list AEON.

Later I decided to manage similar own coin but still hold some AEONs.

So YES, YOU PERSONALLY still can contribute.

Soldo [SLD] @ Soldo.IN
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 16, 2018, 12:48:47 AM

@eeX. You were responsible for Aeon's listing in HitBTC? Can you and your friend help it be listed on other exchanges? We need more liquidity as you know. If we cannot have it now, we might become dead and forgotten like terracoin or diamondcoin.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
October 16, 2018, 02:12:46 AM

@eeX. You were responsible for Aeon's listing in HitBTC? Can you and your friend help it be listed on other exchanges? We need more liquidity as you know. If we cannot have it now, we might become dead and forgotten like terracoin or diamondcoin.

You can contact exchanges you know. Anyone can contact exchanges. The sad part is, a bunch of exchanges have incorrect or inactive contacts so even if you try to contact them, it will never get through. I've found that out myself.

@smooth, if you are reading this, Can you please remove KatieCharm as the "Community Leader" on the main initial post? She has obviously moved on from Aeon since June/July post rebase. Feel free to PM me if you want to chat about that.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 01:46:23 AM

@bigslimvdub. Exchanges will not listen to a group of random Aeon supporters by spamming their emails hehehe.

In any case, did Katie or americanpegasus say that he or she will leave Aeon? No, I reckon. But her actions does make it appear that she will be using more of her time in working on Grin.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
abhishek1104

Activity: 7

View Profile
October 17, 2018, 12:34:25 PM

@bbc.reporter,

I absolutely agree on this point Exchanges will not listen to a group of random Aeon supporters by spamming their emails.
I have tried myself and seen the results.We live in real world !

@eeX,

If you can help getting Aeon to some exchanges,that would really be a welcome step.If it requires funding support you may open the ffs request as well if required.

@bigslimvdub,

You are doing great work,but we should not compare what new ones are doing or old didn't do much.

Each contributor brings unique skills and losing any particular one is a tangible loss to the project. 

It contains all bag-holders,devs,other community members and intellects.

eeX

Activity: 961
Merit: 500

Soldo.IN [SLD]

View Profile WWW
October 18, 2018, 05:58:39 AM

The fact is all exhanges ask listing fee now.

AEON case with Hitbtc was the last one and purely incidental - we was just lucky to find the guy who had influence to exchange owners.

Soldo [SLD] @ Soldo.IN
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 01:16:43 AM

@eeX. What would be the best exchange for Aeon with an affordable listing fee and with someone you might know who we can maybe ask for a discount?

I reckon the community should shoulder the listing fee with the help of the Aeon community fund.@smooth has already expressed his willingness to assist if the proposal is good. Unfortunately americanpegasus/Katiecharms, the person who has the influence to do this successfully is busy somewhere else.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
AngryWhiteWolf

Activity: 616
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 19, 2018, 06:40:57 AM

AEON is listed on very few exchanges, just 3 to the best of my knowledge. I would suggest to take into account a DEX, they will become more and more popular.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
October 19, 2018, 10:28:32 PM

@eeX. What would be the best exchange for Aeon with an affordable listing fee and with someone you might know who we can maybe ask for a discount?

I reckon the community should shoulder the listing fee with the help of the Aeon community fund.@smooth has already expressed his willingness to assist if the proposal is good. Unfortunately americanpegasus/Katiecharms, the person who has the influence to do this successfully is busy somewhere else.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/9pkmzd/you_can_change_aeon_on_simpleswap_instant/

SimpleSwap added Aeon today to their exchange platform. https://simpleswap.io

Katie is not the only person in the world who can contact exchanges and make things happen. Just because she did or may have in the past does not mean someone else can’t. The community thanks her for her work she did even if it wasn’t not with getting listed on an exchange.

I do believe there should be a liaison to exchanges that is professional.  
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
October 20, 2018, 01:00:02 AM

@smooth. Are we going to hardfork to bulletproofs next?

@bigslimvdub. No, with respect to americanpegasus, she is still Aeon's unoffical community leader. Everyone will follow her if she starts the crowdfund to pay for listing fees. smooth, also listens to her and it is the best chance for the community fund, under smooth's control, to make a contribution.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:17:53 PM
Merited by bbc.reporter (1)

improvement, even impressive:

Where to buy?

The market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent. Do not invest more than you can afford to lose.

Bittrex: AEON/BTC
    HitBTC: AEON/BTC
    TradeOgre: AEON/BTC
    Bitliber: AEON/BTC , AEON/XMR
    LetsDoCoinz: AEON/BTC
    ChangeNOW: AEON/BTC
    SimpleSwap: AEON/BTC
    OTC: AEON/XMR

reference:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 02:22:52 PM
Last edit: October 22, 2018, 06:52:28 PM by estenity

@smooth. Are we going to hardfork to bulletproofs next?

waiting for smooth's response,

from monero's page, bulletproof's explanation by its author:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47n4tzbd85w
Pages: « 1 ... 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 [279] 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: