Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:38:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN] AEON: Scalable, private, mobile-friendly cryptocurrency  (Read 625090 times)
estenity

Activity: 1918
Merit: 535

View Profile
June 28, 2020, 07:35:59 AM

lots of problems when reinstalling aeon last version on windows 10
avast blocks installation at each step even if they recognize that it is low risk and even from a protected dossier.
creating an exception at each step results finally in aeon-gui installation, but wallet does not sync

also they have a keylogger in windows 10, and seed may be compromised.

it would be better to have an update for reinstallation on ubuntu step by step.
"I'm sure that in 20 years there will either be very large transaction volume or no volume." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
araburukuma888

Activity: 38
Merit: 1

View Profile
June 28, 2020, 11:27:45 PM

At least no ducks  Grin
G.Belaci

Activity: 94

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 11:12:00 AM

At least I have found this project on WorldCoinIndex.
anshulinpc
Copper Member

Activity: 14
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 29, 2020, 02:15:32 PM

@anshulinpc. What did you do? I was close to ask to try to start Aeon as an administrator. I thought it was not allowing you to write on your hard drive.

Hi, Sorry for the late response. I used defusion public node.
I was also trying to install it on ubuntu, but that i could not complete and left it when public node worked. i plan to try the local node again when I get some time.

https://defusion.de/
bigslimvdub

Activity: 346
Merit: 23

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2020, 05:37:18 PM

Finally, I was able to connect using a remote node and deposit and withdraw successfully.
Thank you all for your help.

Glad it worked for you finally!
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2020, 05:40:38 PM

lots of problems when reinstalling aeon last version on windows 10
avast blocks installation at each step even if they recognize that it is low risk and even from a protected dossier.
creating an exception at each step results finally in aeon-gui installation, but wallet does not sync

also they have a keylogger in windows 10, and seed may be compromised.

it would be better to have an update for reinstallation on ubuntu step by step.

On windows you need to create a folder and then add antivirus whitelist rules for that folder before even downloading aeon to that folder. I am not a user of Avast so I can not be much help with that part but the basic windows defender exceptions should be fairly similar for avast.

As for Ubuntu it should install and run directly from the tarball once unpackaged. Iirc you need to execute it via command line if you are not admin logged in. You may have daemon and connection issues if using a VM though.
stoffu

Activity: 203
Merit: 166

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2020, 04:26:31 AM

Finally, I was able to connect using a remote node and deposit and withdraw successfully.

It is still concerning that your local node couldn't start synchronizing. Also, relying on a remote node run by someone you don't know is not recommended. To check whether this problem is Aeon-specific or not, please try running Monero's daemon (https://github.com/monero-project/monero/releases) and see if it starts synchronizing.
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2020, 02:42:16 AM

It is still concerning that your local node couldn't start synchronizing. Also, relying on a remote node run by someone you don't know is not recommended. To check whether this problem is Aeon-specific or not, please try running Monero's daemon (https://github.com/monero-project/monero/releases) and see if it starts synchronizing.

I have had this issue if using VPN. Sometimes it can run for days and never start syncing. Disable VPN, within about 10 min it starts syncing.

Not saying this is what is going on with many people recently, I have just experienced it myself for a while. Right now I have only 2 out connections after almost 10 min of syncing:
Code:
Height: 1227944/1233427 (99.6%) on mainnet, not mining, net hash 12.08 TH/s, v8, 2(out)+0(in) connections, uptime 0d 0h 9m 29s
bbc.reporter
Legendary

Activity: 2926
Merit: 1442

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 03:26:16 AM

Is there a decreasing no. of nodes? I have not turned on my nodes for months honestly. I have the other one in my brother's office that ran the whole time that he did not know until the quarantines began hehehe.

@stoffu. He has Aeon on Windows. It might be his firewall, might need to run Aeon as an administrator or might need to disable the antivirus.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 04, 2020, 04:36:36 PM

Monero has no problems. The problem is only with the coinsmiths who cogged the source, codebase, pretty much everything there was to cog, and called it aeon. I will be looking in to the code to find the faulting part. First, I will dissect, maybe vivisect it like a living organism. After that tests will be run as a means to check whether the thing u dread is in there.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
July 07, 2020, 02:13:06 AM

Monero has no problems. The problem is only with the coinsmiths who cogged the source, codebase, pretty much everything there was to cog, and called it aeon. I will be looking in to the code to find the faulting part. First, I will dissect, maybe vivisect it like a living organism. After that tests will be run as a means to check whether the thing u dread is in there.

You will turn into a 100 year old man before finding the faulting part in the code hehehe. Also, in case you were not aware of this, Aeon's developers consists of smooth, Monero lead developer and stoffu, member of Monero's research laboratory.

Play somewhere else little man.

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
MRPD

Activity: 97
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2020, 06:28:41 AM

Very good project. I am doing this .  Smiley
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
July 08, 2020, 01:47:47 AM

From the reddit post:

Over the past few months, there have been many inquiries regarding users not receiving coins from exchanges and or their exchange accounts not showing coins transferred to their account. During this time a majority of these concerns have been related to wallets using the www.aeon-wallet.net remote node selections.
As of the October 2019 fork to v0.13.0. (block height 1146200) this service provided at aeon-wallet.net has not updated any of their nodes and they are still operating on the old v0.12.9 chain. Any attempts to use these nodes, or other nodes that are on block height < 1146200 or 1146215 will result in your most current transactions not showing up in your wallet. Most users have been able to connect to a currently updated node and simply "rescan" their wallet and their coins have shown up. Others have had to restore their wallets from seed to have their coins show up.
Until further notice, do not use www.aeon-wallet.net for remote nodes.
It is always recommended to use your own local node however, if you must use a remote node then you have a few options. Some of the pool operators have open nodes for community use. You can also run a script that searches for open nodes however to run this you need an updated local node anyway and it only captures open nodes at that moment in time. There is an older list of open nodes from a scrape of this located on our Discord channel #resources at the top. Please reach out to community members through our discord channel, IRC, or Matrix chat if you have any questions.
bbc.reporter
Legendary

View Profile
July 08, 2020, 04:18:24 AM

@bigslimvdum. Where can we get the latest list of remote public nodes? This thread announcement should be updated. We do not want useless problems similar to anshulinpc.

Also, bad news. AEON.to stopped serving orders 11 days ago.

We’re sorry to announce that we will have to stop serving orders today. We believe that Aeon may have a promising future, however a service like AEON.to is not financially viable yet.

Source https://www.reddit.com/r/Aeon/comments/hg29gq/message_from_aeonto_team/

.Duelbits.
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
July 09, 2020, 03:41:27 AM

Post says contact In discord, irc, or matrix chat for nodes. It takes about 5 minutes to check for anyone running a full node and or block explorer.

Cam has a script running that checks opec every 5-10min for nodes and posts them. A modified script from aeon-wallet.net. Basically the same one I forked last December https://github.com/AEONCommunity/AeonNodeScraper
bigslimvdub

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2020, 07:56:15 PM
Merited by smooth (1), bbc.reporter (1), estenity (1)

Latest State of Aeon out
https://medium.com/@AEON_Community/the-state-of-aeon-7-12-2020-be5cafa7e7a7
viktorija.ivanova1

Activity: 41

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 03:19:09 PM

hello I was send my coins from HitBTC to bittrex a couple hours ago but nothing happen   

Transaction hash:   f41cea057dd81aded27ce61e322e9b4caa8377fe9abe11ca4bdcff522eff7181

on the block explorer I do not see nothing

hitbtc saying that all was withdrow
jwinterm
Legendary

Activity: 3024
Merit: 1103

View Profile
July 16, 2020, 03:56:29 PM

hello I was send my coins from HitBTC to bittrex a couple hours ago but nothing happen   

Transaction hash:   f41cea057dd81aded27ce61e322e9b4caa8377fe9abe11ca4bdcff522eff7181

on the block explorer I do not see nothing

hitbtc saying that all was withdrow

HitBTC is a scam and if you don't see the tx on block explorer obviously they're lying.
synthgauge

Activity: 1149
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 03:48:13 PM

You will turn into a 100 year old man before finding the faulting part in the code hehehe. Also, in case you were not aware of this, Aeon's developers consists of smooth, Monero lead developer and stoffu, member of Monero's research laboratory.

smooth yes, others - first time hearing. And dont give a smidgen of a fuck about it. Stoffu's acronym stands for "shut the flickering fuck up" or something? lol stoffu is merely is a paid dev living to subsist on bread crumbs more knowledgeable people dump in his plate. Why do u think did these guys hook up with another project, why do they spend their time to do this stuff? Whats your function other than bark in the forum thread?
smooth
Legendary

Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

View Profile
July 19, 2020, 06:25:38 PM

smooth yes, others - first time hearing. And dont give a smidgen of a fuck about it. Stoffu's acronym stands for "shut the flickering fuck up" or something? lol stoffu is merely is a paid dev living to subsist on bread crumbs more knowledgeable people dump in his plate. Why do u think did these guys hook up with another project, why do they spend their time to do this stuff? Whats your function other than bark in the forum thread?

stoffu isn't getting paid by this project (nor by me).

As far as I know, he works on it out of personal interest.
Pages: « 1 ... 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 272 273 274 275 276 277 278 279 280 281 282 283 284 285 286 287 288 289 290 291 292 293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302 303 [304] 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313 314 315 316 317 318 »
  Print  

Jump to: