Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 01:11:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Fury/Blizzard tuning and mods  (Read 115219 times)
lunloon

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 26, 2014, 01:13:00 PM

Fan is running when I plug it in.

I have a set still working, so swapped the cables and the power brick, the working one still works. The not working one is still not detectable and no light when connected to usb.

After a month of smooth mining, I had one of four the light wasn't on.
Unplugged it and plugged back in, light came on.

Found, by checking device mananger,  that windows assigned it usb port 7 instead of 5, which was the port to scan in my bat file.
at first, I changed the bat file, then during one of maintenance sessions I
Shutdown. rebooted and the usb port went back to 5.

Anyway its worth checking that all your config is as original.

i couldn't find it when I use lsusb command in the linux machine it's connected to.
changed cables, change power adapter, the working one always work, the not working one stays not working.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"This isn't the kind of software where we can leave so many unresolved bugs that we need a tracker for them." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
lunloon

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 09:42:39 AM

And... the micro-usb port is lifting off the pcb. -.-"
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527
Merit: 500

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
August 28, 2014, 10:12:50 AM

And... the micro-usb port is lifting off the pcb. -.-"

I'd say that's probably the problem...

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
lunloon

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 10:28:36 AM
Last edit: September 01, 2014, 11:10:14 AM by lunloon

So while I am waiting to fix the broken Fury,

I have 3 Furies connected and was running on 2 pools using the following commands:

Started a screen session:
Code:
cgminer --scrypt -o stratum+tcp://xxxx:xxxx -u xxxx -p xxxx --zeus-chips 6 --zeus-clock 328 --scan-serial /dev/ttyUSB1 --scan-serial /dev/ttyUSB2

A second screen session:
Code:
cgminer --scrypt -Q 0 -o stratum+tcp://xxxx:xxxx -u xxxx -p xxxx --zeus-chips 6 --zeus-clock 328 --scan-serial /dev/ttyUSB0

So it ran fine until today when I have an itchy finger and stopped the mining to do a reboot and was trying out making executables in my RPi.

After not being able to make it run automatically during startup, i just want now to continue mining..

So i just started the screens as per normal, but now, while the ones based on ttyUSB1 and ttyUSB2 ran fine
https://i.imgur.com/PWLFK4r.jpg

the one that runs ttyUSB0 runs and keeps scanning for ttyUSB1, and it will always run with 2 devices USB0 and USB1, no matter if i swap the usb numbers around. I had to disable USB1 in case it interferes with the other instance.
https://i.imgur.com/4VsKPIE.jpg.

This is very weird.

Is there a way to stop cgminer from scanning further after the ttyUSB0 is defined manually?
lunloon

View Profile
September 01, 2014, 11:47:36 AM

I solved it. It was the hidden conf files that caused the problems.
Beachguy
Legendary

Activity: 1019
Merit: 1001

Spectreproject Community Manager

View Profile WWW
September 01, 2014, 11:05:26 PM

I solved it. It was the hidden conf files that caused the problems.

It usually is something haywire in conf.
The other day my comp decided to assign one of my 4 from port 6 to 7....
Guess what? SGMiner didn't see it....back tracked, reboot and all good.

For security, your account has been locked. Email acctcomp15@theymos.e4ward.com
genojf

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 02:01:20 AM

I have 8 Gawminer Furies, all running on one RPi from 3 different 7 port USB hubs (two each have 4 furries and and are plugged into the central one that powers the RPi).  On boot, they are assigned ttyUSB0 through ttyUSB7

Each Fury has its own frequency preference; one can hum all day long at 345 with 2-4% errors and another gives 9% at 328.  I have given up trying to assign individual freqs, because I am certain that every reboot changes the USB number, so problem child ends up spitting 15% because it was set to 345 and golden child is held back at a mere 1.1MH/s.  So that means that after at least 3 to 4 hours, I need to ssh into the RPi and manually adjust the freqs based on individual performance.

So after all that, here is the question: Has anyone tried changing their Fury/Blizzard serial numbers from the factory 0001 using a utility such as CP21xxCustomizationUtility (which can be found here :  http://www.gmpa.it/it9xxs/?p=1133

If we can do this, Instead of using
-S  /dev/ttyUSB0 --set zus@/dev/ttyUSB0:clock=335

and hoping that the correct device gets the right clock setting , for instance.  It should be something like can be used for gridseeds with cgminer (if software supports it):

--gridseed-freq 6D9426984857=988,6D9656774857=975,6D8956965251=975

I am just a little leery trying this until I know it has been done, I would certainly hate to fry one of my little guys.  I have spent quiet some time on google but I have not found anything definitive, such as 'Yes, I have changed my Fury serial number like this'.

Comments?

regards,
    geno
markBG

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 08:04:10 PM

So after all that, here is the question: Has anyone tried changing their Fury/Blizzard serial numbers from the factory 0001 using a utility such as CP21xxCustomizationUtility (which can be found here :  http://www.gmpa.it/it9xxs/?p=1133
I have 9 fury/blizzard
4 is with changed  serial number like this
other 5 is not
runing with  clq 250 on multipool.us with very good hash
genojf

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:04:26 PM

@markBG
4 is with changed  serial number like this
other 5 is not

Thank you for the feedback. I suppose I should go ahead and give it a try sometime this week,  Do you also initialize those 4 by serial number?  Which software do you use, and what is the --set string, if you don't mind?

runing with  clq 250 on multipool.us with very good hash

I have been thinking of moving to multipool ( I have been using mupool).  but I hate the website interface - it is slow as hell and times out a lot when I try to check in to verify throughput, etc.  It also logs you off at random intervals it seems, I cannot maintain a constant connection, unlike clevermining.

Anyway, thanks again,

regards,
    geno
Ntrain2k

Activity: 527

HiveNet - Distributed Cloud Computing

View Profile
September 02, 2014, 10:50:45 PM

multipool has been pretty fast for me since they upgraded the site hardware.

▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
          ███████  ███████
          ███████ █████████
           ▀███▀  ▀███████▀
  ▄███▄            ▀█████▀
 ███████  ▄███▄    ▄▄▄▄▄
 ███████ ███████  ▄█████▄     ▄▄▄▄▄▄
  ▀███▀  ███████ █████████  ▄████████▄
          ▀███▀  █████████ ▄██████████▄
 ▄███▄            ▀█████▀  ▀██████████▀
███████  ▄███▄     ▀▀▀▀▀    ▀████████▀
███████ ███████   █████       ▀▀▀▀▀▀
 ▀███▀  ███████ ▄███████▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄
         ▀███▀  █████████  ████████▄
                ▀███████▀ ██████████▄
       ▄█████▄    █████   ███████████
      ▄███████▄  ▄▄▄▄▄     █████████
      ▀███████▀ ▄█████▄     ▀█████▀
       ▀█████▀ █████████
               ▀███████▀
                ▀█████▀

HiveNet

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ██████         ▀█████████
   ███████  █████▄   ▀████████
  ████████  ███████▄   ████████
 █████████  █████████  █████████
██████████  █████████  ██████████
 █████████  █    ████  █████████
  ████████  █████████  ████████
   ███████  █       █  ███████
    ██████  █████████  ██████
     █████             █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████

███████████████████
      █████████████████████
     ███████████████████████
    ████████████████▀  ██████
   ██████████████▀       █████
  ███████████▀       ██▌ ██████
 ████▀  ▀█          ████▌ ██████
████                ████▌ ███████
 ███                ████▌ ██████
  ███▄  ▄█          ████▌ █████
   ████████   █      ██▌ █████
    ███████  ████▄      █████
     ██████  ███████▄  █████
      █████████████████████
       ███████████████████
        █████████████████
|
|
markBG

Activity: 29

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:56:11 AM

@markBG
4 is with changed  serial number like this
other 5 is not

Thank you for the feedback. I suppose I should go ahead and give it a try sometime this week,  Do you also initialize those 4 by serial number?  Which software do you use, and what is the --set string, if you don't mind?

runing with  clq 250 on multipool.us with very good hash

I have been thinking of moving to multipool ( I have been using mupool).  but I hate the website interface - it is slow as hell and times out a lot when I try to check in to verify throughput, etc.  It also logs you off at random intervals it seems, I cannot maintain a constant connection, unlike clevermining.

Anyway, thanks again,

regards,
    geno
I used that "CP21xxCustomizationUtility.exe" from this post https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16301.msg183090#msg183090  to set id for for blizzards
I use bfgminer of darkwinde with "   -S zeus:\\.\COMXX  --set zus:chips=6 --set zus:freq=250 --no-submit-stale --zeus-cg " only
genojf

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 03:25:20 PM

I used that "CP21xxCustomizationUtility.exe" from this post https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=16301.msg183090#msg183090  to set id for for blizzards
I use bfgminer of darkwinde with "   -S zeus:\\.\COMXX  --set zus:chips=6 --set zus:freq=250 --no-submit-stale --zeus-cg " only

Ok , From your command line, I see you scan all comm ports and add all detected devices; then set all the freqs to 250 (why so low? you should get 325 easily.  just curious)  So have you tried to set individual freqs by ID number?  This is the detail I am trying to sort out before I start modding the serial nums.  I would think it would be something like     --set zus-clk Fury01:335 Fury02:328 Fury03:333   ....etc

I have been using bfgminer 4.7.0  from luke-jr; the version included with Minera (on the Raspberry Pi).  Would you say that DarkWinde's version is more stable or better supports the Fury?

What is --zeus-cg? I haven't seen this used, or is this specific to DW's version; also, I would have thought that it would be --zus-cg to be in step with the other options.

I really appreciate the info, thanks again.

regards,
     geno
BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 06:17:10 PM

In regards to the above post about setting separate clock frequencies using BFGminer 4.7, you can hit "M" and use the up and down arrows to switch between devices.  You can then hit "C" and adjust the clock frequencies while running BFGminer, so you don't need to have the startup script set them for you.  Granted, it would be easier to do if you have to restart your rig all the time, but you can still use the "M", "C" options to change individual clocks...
genojf

View Profile
September 03, 2014, 09:09:21 PM

@BRADLEYPLOOF
Yes, you are correct, sir.  I do this quiet a bit throughout the day already, adjusting clocks based on HW errors vs Hashrates, etc.  As I mentioned, I use Minera (for now) and if for some reason it auto resets (with the summer heat and all the A/C, just using the microwave will sometimes trip a breaker), then all the adjustments I made are gone.  That is why I am looking for a by ID  base setting, because for example Fury7 will sometimes be ttyUSB2 or maybe it will be ttyUSB6.  I am merely looking to tweak performance to squeeze every MH out of each device that I can.

I still very much appreciate your input.

regards,
      geno
tylerderden
Copper Member
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1025

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 06:24:54 AM

Fury owners,

If there is no light when you plug in the USB cable, it is dead. Or is there something that can be done?

I got a pair, working nicely over the weekend, runs quite cool, the one of them ceased to be detected. no light when connected to USB. checked cables, cables worked with the one that still has light when connected.

Any remedy?

i had one of mine that the light kept going out overnight. i swapped out the usb cable with an extra and now it runs stable 24/7.

BTW, i'm using the cgminer 3.1.1 or whatever from the gaw site, is there any benefit to switching to one of the BFG builds or should i just stick with what i have now? seems to be good, hashrate with 3 furries at 328 is around 3.9mhs total and less than 5% HW's.
BRADLEYPLOOF

Activity: 520

View Profile
September 04, 2014, 02:20:59 PM

@BRADLEYPLOOF
Yes, you are correct, sir.  I do this quiet a bit throughout the day already, adjusting clocks based on HW errors vs Hashrates, etc.  As I mentioned, I use Minera (for now) and if for some reason it auto resets (with the summer heat and all the A/C, just using the microwave will sometimes trip a breaker), then all the adjustments I made are gone.  That is why I am looking for a by ID  base setting, because for example Fury7 will sometimes be ttyUSB2 or maybe it will be ttyUSB6.  I am merely looking to tweak performance to squeeze every MH out of each device that I can.

I still very much appreciate your input.

regards,
      geno

The only sure fire way to set each device is with CGminer, because it bases it on the device's internal ID, rather than the USB slot upon which it's inserted.  You can always shoot a question like this to Luke-JR or NWOOLS right on the BFGMiner thread: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=626361.0
Zeta0S
Legendary

Activity: 1890
Merit: 1031

View Profile
September 08, 2014, 03:24:48 AM

Unboxing Fury/blizzard
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpgYMdC5t_I

Get a HUGE 3% discount with promo code: MOON @ Genesis Mining
https://www.genesis-mining.com
alienesb

Activity: 868
Merit: 1000

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 01:37:17 PM

Zeusminer upgrades. I think this is pretty cool and saves a ton of money on shipping:

https://zeusminer.com/gen-3/

ManeBjorn
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1004

View Profile
September 09, 2014, 07:51:49 PM

I agree it is very exciting.
I cannot wait to try them out.
I have a thunder X6 I reviewed and a Blizzard X6 as well.
So much fun.

Zeusminer upgrades. I think this is pretty cool and saves a ton of money on shipping:

https://zeusminer.com/gen-3/

ernie-

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
September 12, 2014, 05:21:28 AM

I have 3 x Zeus blizzard and 1 x GAWminers Fury on  raspbian with cgminer 4.3.5 the 3 * Zeus units mine ok but the Fury never has any W/U even though it says it's doing 1.4MH/s

Is it possible to flash the Fury to make it into a Zeus blizzard so they are all the same?

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: