Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 01:19:28 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 [907] 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984119 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
nickelback65

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 05:21:05 PM

Hello friends,

I am new to NEM (Xem) and appreciate your help.

If you close your nem wallet but leave your program open/running will the NIS continue to load blocks and synchronize?
When I try to send XEM it says almost ready - NIS is currently loading blocks and wallet will be functional when DB is fully loaded.  However, the green icon tells me NIS is running (fully synchronized).  Advice?

Thanks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BloodyRookie

Activity: 687
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 23, 2015, 06:23:07 PM

Hello friends,

If you close your nem wallet but leave your program open/running will the NIS continue to load blocks and synchronize?

If you only close the wallet and not NIS then NIS is still synchronizing in the background.

When I try to send XEM it says almost ready - NIS is currently loading blocks and wallet will be functional when DB is fully loaded.  However, the green icon tells me NIS is running (fully synchronized).  Advice?

Thanks.

Loading the db needs a while depending on your hardware but it should not need more than 5 minutes. The green icons you are referring to are probably the ones from NEM monitor. There are actually 3 parts, one for NCC, one for NIS and one for the synchronization status. Only if all 3 are green NIS is fully synchronized. So which icons are green and which are not?

Nothing Else Matters
NEM: NALICE-LGU3IV-Y4DPJK-HYLSSV-YFFWYS-5QPLYE-ZDJJ
NXT: 11095639652683007953
mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 01:56:54 AM

17 blocks today all 0 I feel like we should get some more I mean half of xem is being held by devs why not use some of that for harvesters.

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
apullman

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:12:56 AM

I added a new node and changed the host for the EU-node. Please restart your delegated harvesting.

My current public nodes:

EU.NEMNO.DE (52.28.120.70 | Port 7890 | Germany, Frankfurt)
US.NEMNO.DE (52.8.163.104 | Port 7890 | USA, California)

For more infos check the status site http://www.nemno.de

Followed your delegated harvesting video, and it worked first time. I just sent you my remote account private key. Thanks

apullman

Activity: 44
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 03:36:33 AM

Nodeexplorer.com and blockexplore.in look good, but check out ethereum's, that dashboard is really colorful.
https://stats.ethdev.com/
BloodyRookie

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 08:54:34 AM

17 blocks today all 0 I feel like we should get some more I mean half of xem is being held by devs why not use some of that for harvesters.

I forgot to start my spam node again after testing in testnet. Starting it now...

Nothing Else Matters
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:05:39 AM

I forgot to start my spam node again after testing in testnet. Starting it now...

Do you think it will help?

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
June 24, 2015, 04:47:51 PM

Its not steady its stale and this is not a good thing.

It is the same people circle jerking NEM, no new development, no marketing, and no new faces. Get ready for the pain.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
ournem (OP)

Activity: 63
Merit: 24

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 04:58:52 PM

It is the same people circle jerking NEM, no new development, no marketing, and no new faces. Get ready for the pain.

actually NEM is just getting started
BloodyRookie

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:14:27 PM

It means every third block contains 30 xem on average.

Nothing Else Matters
Lyricz
Legendary

Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:35:48 PM

It means every third block contains 30 xem on average.

Earned 415,9 XEM for the last 25 blocks
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 05:45:35 PM

Obviously your genius, misguided participation was a fail, because you two missed the memo. I'll REPOST it for a second time now, ya know, as a weird courtesy for those that can't:

A. Pay attention  Or
B. Read back a few pages before making ditsy posts.

Care to read this out loud to the class? You two can take turns, that's fine.

Recent News Recap

Some people were asking for updates as the thread doesn't really reflect what is happening so well.  Here are somethings that happened in the last week or two to get everybody caught up.

A new update to NCC/NIS is on the  testnet and is being privately tested.  The devs are testing adding M of N multisig, changing the UI so using delegated harvesting is more clear to users, activating delegated harvesting from an account in multisig, and adding a token hashing feature to NCC.

Two mobile apps are in private alpha testing on the testnet. The iOS app development is coming along and the app can do things like send/receive XEM, send/receive messages, make accounts multisig, sign multsig transactions, and even sign/remove multisig signers to an account.  The Android app has also been released and is undergoing testing of basic functions.

All of these things are being run on the testnet and testnet even got its own tutorial for how to start up a node.  http://blog.nem.io/setting-up-the-testnet/  And has its own block explorer now too.  http://bob.nem.ninja:8765/#/blocks/0

And additionally a new video tutorial about delegated harvesting and connecting to a remote node was made by PunkRock, and it couldn’t be more clear.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojxGI9xHJeM

On the developments side, Colin, a new developer has started working on NCC.  He has now made it much easier for other developers like him to join in the fun by making this tutorial on installing and using OpenJDK 8 with NEM. https://forum.ournem.com/tutorials/guide-to-running-nem-on-openjdk-8/ Very useful for those wanting to improve on the open source NCC.  Colin is planning to work some more on NCC, and if anybody would like to help him, it would be a great help!

Makoto has been very busy traveling around Japan this week doing multiple presentations for future potential partners with NEM.

Also a NEM Slack group has begun testing and has integrated IRC <-> Slack <-> Telegram, as well as showing updates for the forum, Twitter, and Facebook.  There is even a tipbot being tested on Slack and a lot of newcomers got XEM surprises upon signing up.  That tipbot is currently off line but you can count it will be back up soon.  If you would like to join Slack, please follow this link. https://nemslack.herokuapp.com/

Lastly, our forum has not been so active.  Mainly because most of the discussion happens on Telegram/Slack/IRC (over 1000 messages a day and many different groups).  We need somebody to help bring information discussed mostly privately in the chats out open into the forum so people can see a little more about the development going on.  Please help us summarize our conversations in the channel and make posts about them.

We also need somebody who is willing to work on the forum, maintain it, and even upgrade it adding extra features like social logins, updating Tapatalk, or even be able to migrate us to Discourse.  If you have forum skills, please let us know.  

....And.........circle jerk.....Not only is this a bad visual, it's Wrong!!

NEM just launched, has multiple original features working, and isn't even at V1 yet.

Hearing news of Makoto traveling Japan presenting NEM, all while he and the rest of the team made the progress noted above in LAST WEEK or so is solid as phuck!!!

As some may have visions of a circle jerk (creepy), in reality, most of us see babes in bikinis, popping bottles, etc.

And this is just the start of this party.

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
Chris001

Activity: 448
Merit: 250

electroneum.com

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 06:28:33 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2015, 06:42:23 PM by Chris001

This is for those of you without the brains or common decency to appreciate what beautiful things in life that NEM is actually associated with and compared to.

For you poor lost souls: Here are some examples. It doesn't always have to be women. It could be a waterfall, sunset, etc.

But in this case, since NEM was referenced with a sick act, this seemed to be the appropriate response to these messed up associations!

The first image below is what NEM is NOT!!!

*the circle jerk image above is a depiction of backwards... um...disgusting, and well, not Nember worthy in any way. It's shocking some see this in their minds when they think of our wonderful creation.

Now, below is much more like it!

This is more like reality to some of us!!

Smiley

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=trust;u=186785
Here is the link to my trust settings here on forum. This trust system is very unfair. I make good on every deal Ive ever made. I had many, many deals as you can see and I never scammed anyone. All it takes is a random account to give you negative trust and youre screwed. Tomatocage has never even talked to me ever but when the random acct hit me with negative trust, Tomatocage came right behind him and marked neg trust again so obviously he was the one who did it. You can look at Tomatocage trust and see how many of his compeditors at the currency exchange thread he labeled scammers. I never scammed anyone. My trust was green over 20 before this. I hope it never happens to you because the mods cant help you.
mill0601
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:23:24 PM

This is for those of you without the brains or common decency to appreciate what beautiful things in life that NEM is actually associated with and compared to.

For you poor lost souls: Here are some examples. It doesn't always have to be women. It could be a waterfall, sunset, etc.

But in this case, since NEM was referenced with a sick act, this seemed to be the appropriate response to these messed up associations!

The first image below is what NEM is NOT!!!

*the circle jerk image above is a depiction of backwards... um...disgusting, and well, not Nember worthy in any way. It's shocking some see this in their minds when they think of our wonderful creation.

Now, below is much more like it!

This is more like reality to some of us!!

Smiley

I fail to see how this has anything to do with the current state or future of nem could you please elaborate?

TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
June 24, 2015, 11:31:38 PM

Clearly he is a proponent of NEM | MEN branding.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
June 25, 2015, 07:49:51 AM

Important update: https://forum.ournem.com/nem-news-alerts/extended-redemption/msg17746/#msg17746

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
nickelback65

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:20:12 PM

Hello friends,

If you only close the wallet and not NIS then NIS is still synchronizing in the background.

Thanks.

Loading the db needs a while depending on your hardware but it should not need more than 5 minutes. The green icons you are referring to are probably the ones from NEM monitor. There are actually 3 parts, one for NCC, one for NIS and one for the synchronization status. Only if all 3 are green NIS is fully synchronized. So which icons are green and which are not?

BloodyRookie,  I am sorry I am responding late to your reply.
The green Nem shield that I am talking about is a hidden icon on my computer.  It tells me that the NIS is currently running and synchronized and the NCC is running.  However, when I try to send XEM from my wallet it tells me the NIS is currently loading blocks and the wallet will be functional when DB is fully loaded.
Does this mean that I need to wait longer and keep the wallet open for it to synchronize?

Thanks.

BloodyRookie

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 02:23:09 PM

@nickelback65: usually you can't open the wallet if NIS is not synchronized. I think best thing at this point is to shut down NIS and NCC and restart. If it still doesn't work I think i need the NIS logs to see what is going wrong.

Nothing Else Matters
luis77

Activity: 179
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 04:08:08 PM

Hi,

Its been like one month that i didnt use and syncronize the wallet, so ive updated to the last wallet 0.6.31 beta, all it going good after synchronize NIS but when I try to Start local or delegated harvesting I have this error ERROR 699
Maximum number of harvesters allowed on server has been reached.

Anyone can help?

Thanks

jelin1984
Legendary

Activity: 2408
Merit: 1004

View Profile
June 25, 2015, 10:54:03 PM

Why nem price is still so down??!.
Pages: « 1 ... 857 858 859 860 861 862 863 864 865 866 867 868 869 870 871 872 873 874 875 876 877 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 887 888 889 890 891 892 893 894 895 896 897 898 899 900 901 902 903 904 905 906 [907] 908 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: