Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:16:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 [959] 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984386 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
Thingamajig

Activity: 497
Merit: 501

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 12:35:15 PM

What are you talking about, nem.io is not empty  Huh

open other web sites and you will see a difference as there at them the first homepage is issued and as it is issued at NEM.

https://www.stellar.org
https://ethereum.org

unless it isn't visible as there at them the first homepage is filled with the description of useful functions and NEM on the first homepage don't have anything.

where the description of that that is multi-signatures?
where about that that NEM possesses innovative and best block chain?

where all that has to be as descriptions and advantages shown on pictures in comparison with other block chain crypto platforms?

therefore also the potential investor going to the homepage NEM sees anything and leaves. therefore he also considers NEM a usual simple coin as on the homepage to it all essence doesn't reveal at once. for search of an essence it is necessary to spend an extra time and to go in I undressed the blog. on it the potential investor has no time and without having taken away any advantages on the homepage he leaves on farther from NEM.

not surprisingly why the price of XEM constantly falls and all investors consider XEM a dead coin. notice - a coin. i.e. they don't even know what is it because as the same Stellar and Ethereum has no detailed description in pictures that such NEM and in what its advantage in comparison with other block chain crypto platforms of new generation.

A coin that doesn't happen to fit in with the saturated status quo of alts certainly doesn't make it a failure.

Best analysis was described earlier. If you're looking for short term pumps and dumps, you shouldn't be here; this is what PoW coins are for and those who hold the majority of the mining power.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 22, 2015, 05:23:43 PM

I think our website could be better.  I think city landscape couple be thinner like on the blog, then underneath it an "about NEM" section where we give some major highlights.  Maybe something where you drag a mouse over something and it pops out more with a better explanation.  There are lots and lots of new and exciting things in NEM that could be explained in the about section.  Then go with the video and the info on how to get the wallet and such like it is now.  

Then we need more parts of our website like a business solutions/contact us page. Here we would explain some examples of how NEM is being used as new tech to help people do things that haven't been done before.  And then some information on how to contact us for further information.  

Then I would like to see the FAQ updated better.  

Those are my top three wish list for the website.  

I also believe we definitely need to avoid a pump and dump, but that these touches would help us to put a little bit of a more clear and better image out there.  

As it is I am pretty happy with the website though.  Saul has been the only one that has stepped up to help us out and has done a good job.  He has also been working hard on getting the forum merged.  The forum right now is the main priority with websites so once that is done we could look back at nem.io.  But right now I think it is like 80% of the way there.  Just a few more touches to finish it out.  

JBC

Activity: 66
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 09:16:16 PM

1. Remove the video.  People who worked on it will probably feel insulted but sometimes you have to put aside your ego.  Most crypto videos only get 100s or 1000s of views.  This is even true for the vast majority of Ethereum and other projects.  Having a video on the front page is probably causing more people to quit than to consider NEM.

The most viewed Bitcoin clip only has 6.5 million views after 4 years; when let’s play streamers, pranksters and people playing with dolls can get more views in a week on YouTube.   Conclusion: videos are a waste of time unless it's a product placement.

2.  Answer the 5 Ws.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Ws

Ethereum did this well:

What is Ethereum?

Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.

Ethereum is how the Internet was supposed to work.

Ethereum was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe.

Ethereum on their frontpage does the Five W's

Who: EthDEV
What: Decentralized Platform
Where: Around the world / Internet
When: August 2014
Why: To make applications run better.

Can you brainstorm a list of the 5'Ws for NEM?

3. Obfuscate or hide the buy option.  Asking for money at the front door  = scam on most people's radar.  Replace it with a button called: "Get XEM" which links to another page, where the first options are non-purchasing (like run a NODE, bounties, et cetera) and the purchase option can be displayed at the end.

4.  List all the ecosystem initiatives, projects and companies you can think of.  Even the smallest ones.

JBC Japan Bitcoin
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 22, 2015, 10:01:12 PM

2.  Answer the 5 Ws.

Ethereum did this well:

What is Ethereum?

Ethereum is a decentralized platform that runs smart contracts: applications that run exactly as programmed without any possibility of downtime, censorship, fraud or third party interference.

Ethereum was crowdfunded during August 2014 by fans all around the world. It is developed by ETHDEV with contributions from great minds across the globe.

3. Obfuscate or hide the buy option.  Asking for money at the front door  = scam on most people's radar.  Replace it with a button called: "Get XEM" which links to another page, where the first options are non-purchasing (like run a NODE, bounties, et cetera) and the purchase option can be displayed at the end.

4.  List all the ecosystem initiatives, projects and companies you can think of.  Even the smallest ones.

I like this ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
yshin365new

Activity: 289
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 12:55:38 AM

Etherium presale : 31,529 btc (USD 18,439,000 at time of sale)
NEM presale        :    63 btc ( about USD 50,000 at time of sale)
  Etherium presale was around 500 times of NEM presale in btc (around 370 times in USD at time of presale.

http://ether.fund/market

Today,
Market cap of Etherium : 101,244,722 USD
Market cap of NEM       :       910,818 USD
  Etherium Market cap is around 111 times of NEM Market cap.

Then, can we say NEM is 3.33 times(370/111) efficient than Etherium, at least until now?  Wink

Thingamajig

Activity: 497

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 03:33:05 AM

1. Remove the video.  People who worked on it will probably feel insulted but sometimes you have to put aside your ego.  Most crypto videos only get 100s or 1000s of views.  This is even true for the vast majority of Ethereum and other projects.  Having a video on the front page is probably causing more people to quit than to consider NEM.

The most viewed Bitcoin clip only has 6.5 million views after 4 years; when let’s play streamers, pranksters and people playing with dolls can get more views in a week on YouTube.   Conclusion: videos are a waste of time unless it's a product placement.

2.  Answer the 5 Ws.

Ethereum did this well:

What is Ethereum?

I really agree with a lot here. Really hope people pay attention to this. Subtly is key.
tyz
Legendary

Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 08:16:50 AM

interesting calculation and comparison of NEM and Ethereum. NEM is on a good way  Grin

Etherium presale was around 500 times of NEM presale in btc (around 370 times in USD at time of presale.

Today,

Then, can we say NEM is 3.33 times(370/111) efficient than Etherium, at least until now?  Wink

oldisoft

Activity: 854
Merit: 1000

https://iota.org/

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 10:16:52 AM

We will see how much will price of ether after few months, my prediction is that price of ether will much low than now and ether wallet is not so good at all. This is just bubble of soap...
Cheers

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 02:08:52 PM

Today,

Those are some pretty interesting calculations.  Although with all the hype around Ethereum and all those people buying in, it was bound to not move as much. 

I personally think that both platforms have a lot of room to grow if they perform well.  "If"

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 23, 2015, 02:19:11 PM

2.  Answer the 5 Ws.

Ethereum did this well:

What is Ethereum?

I really agree with a lot here. Really hope people pay attention to this. Subtly is key.

Its pretty good advice.  

I don't think the video has to be removed entirely, but it shouldn't be the lead.  Leading with a 5w's, a nicely done about section, or something like http://www.nxttechnologytree.com/ (except instead of a web of confusion it had maybe 5-10 neatly organized and arranged points.) would be better. 

I actually favor a technology tree style format where there are little sections are bullet points that can be clicked and expanded for more information.  I would have one on POI, Delegated Harvesting, M of N, Easy to build on API's, Nodes (Eigentrust and Node rewards), Mosiacs/Namespaces, and NEM's infrastructure.  Maybe get a nice symbol and bullet point for each one, then it is clicked on and an animation or pop-up explains more in a short summary with a link for even more info like a full blog or something.  Put that section right underneath the city landscape and then the video under that and leave the rest of the page alone.

Something like that as a focus of the website would help out some I think.

mill0601
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 07:22:03 PM

any news?

❘|❘ ICONOMI Fund Management Platform
LINK TO ICO | LINK TO DISCUSSION
greentea
Legendary

Activity: 1418
Merit: 1002

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 10:33:02 PM

Its pretty good advice.  

I don't think the video has to be removed entirely, but it shouldn't be the lead.  Leading with a 5w's, a nicely done about section, or something like http://www.nxttechnologytree.com/ (except instead of a web of confusion it had maybe 5-10 neatly organized and arranged points.) would be better. 

I actually favor a technology tree style format where there are little sections are bullet points that can be clicked and expanded for more information.  I would have one on POI, Delegated Harvesting, M of N, Easy to build on API's, Nodes (Eigentrust and Node rewards), Mosiacs/Namespaces, and NEM's infrastructure.  Maybe get a nice symbol and bullet point for each one, then it is clicked on and an animation or pop-up explains more in a short summary with a link for even more info like a full blog or something.  Put that section right underneath the city landscape and then the video under that and leave the rest of the page alone.

Something like that as a focus of the website would help out some I think.

That tech tree is pretty cool ...

We need to start branding ourselves as the "The Best Designed Blockchain"

It seems the wave of the future is not necessarily digital currency but the technology of the blockchain and its uses ...

NEM   NanoWallet   SuperNodes   Apostille   Landstead   Catapult   Mijin
▃▃▃▅▅▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▅▅▅▃▃▃
mirny
Legendary

Activity: 1108
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 23, 2015, 11:54:18 PM

Hello,
I'm totally new to this NEM stuff.
I have few questions. I'm harvesting locally with 16000+ vested XEMs.
Did I get some reward for that harvesting?
or I need to set-up a full node with those 3000000 NEMs to get reward?
Is it necessary to open port 7890 on my node?
Thank you for any advice.

This is my signature...
dandruff1138

Activity: 700

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 02:30:44 AM

Looks like we will be dropping into the 30's sat range soon.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 04:34:45 AM

in 1 month the price is 30 sat.
in 2 months the price is 20 sat.
in 3 months the price is 10 - 5 sat.
in 4 months the price is 3 - 1 sat.

at such future price in 1 - 3 sat could make at once 888 trillion coins to begin with the price in 1 sat.

that raise XEM of the beginnings it has to reach at the beginning a bottom in 1 sat.
NorrisK
Legendary

Activity: 1946
Merit: 1007

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 07:05:23 AM

at such future price in 1 - 3 sat could make at once 888 trillion coins to begin with the price in 1 sat.

that raise XEM of the beginnings it has to reach at the beginning a bottom in 1 sat.

Keep dreaming Wink At 1 sat one person could buy all NEM around, not gonna hapen... Price is only important for the weak hands and speculators who intend to sell anyway, we don't need them Wink
ShonkJonk

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:01:41 AM

Some consolation to those wrongly socked and docked.
Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 08:18:11 AM

Keep dreaming Wink At 1 sat one person could buy all NEM around, not gonna hapen... Price is only important for the weak hands and speculators who intend to sell anyway, we don't need them Wink

i will wait price 1 sat in next 5 - 6 months.
hey look at volume xem is die!
patmast3r

Activity: 980

View Profile
August 24, 2015, 09:34:20 AM

i will wait price 1 sat in next 5 - 6 months.
hey look at volume xem is die!

very eloquently put. Thanks for sharing your predictions.

Mirko

Activity: 107
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 24, 2015, 10:07:06 AM

Can someone explain why I harvest blocks and get 0 fee?

Pages: « 1 ... 909 910 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 [959] 960 961 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: