Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 01:52:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 [961] 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984253 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
jabo38
Legendary

Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 03:50:17 AM

hmmm crashing because of NIS sync issues?

Hi Kelsey. Please don't mind the BTT trolls. They have their own selfish agenda in trading NEM.

What is the problem your NIS?

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 04:21:09 AM

Sure would be nice if Shapeshift added us, right?

Anybody know anybody that can help to get us added?

Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:33:20 AM

SBOSS, everything will be Smiley it is only necessary to wait. XEM coin gradually flies a stone without resistance down. therefore I want to warn against purchases even on a mark in 10 sat as after this price there will be a price of 9 sat and will fall so won't reach the price in 1 sat yet.

who doesn't need XEM therefore this Titanic will sink to the bottom in 1 sat Cheesy
kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 05:49:39 AM

Hi Kelsey. Please don't mind the BTT trolls. They have their own selfish agenda in trading NEM.

for a week or so NIS hasn't fully synced, few days it was saying 1 day behind, now for a few days its been saying 2 days behind.

as a result any blocks i harvest (all saying 20% difficulty) later disappear. 
nzminer
Legendary

Activity: 1918

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 06:13:54 AM

Im totally over the FUD, they are trying so hard because they know what a good platform NEM really is and are butthurt because they never invested. We win hands down over ethereum!

Grin Grin

NEM, THE SECURE, SCALABLE BLOCKCHAIN [NEM.IO] [T.ME/NEMRED]
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:08:36 AM

Im totally over the FUD, they are trying so hard because they know what a good platform NEM really is and are butthurt because they never invested. We win hands down over ethereum!

Grin Grin

I think you read from the wrong script.  That is what you write when XEM is $200 million capitalization and people whine about why that XEM shit did better than Monero and Goldman Sachs' coin.

Seems like people are emotionally distraught over the prospect that XEM could be cheaper in the coming months.  Why wouldn't it be?  Rich list indicates there's no wave of new adopters / investors.  There's no clear information about when Lon Wong or Makoto's stuff will be out.  Even when their stuff gets rolled out, I think that would be the bottom, as they'ld have to find their first customers.

I'm done buying more XEM but there's a prospect we'll see capitalization dip below $100,000 by Christmas and that'll be a great time to buy* (I'm assuming Bitcoin / BitcoinFX doesn't strangle itself down to zero in the meantime).

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
rockethead
Legendary

Activity: 1059
Merit: 1016

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 09:09:44 AM

for a week or so NIS hasn't fully synced, few days it was saying 1 day behind, now for a few days its been saying 2 days behind.

You got a bad line to the net? Bad line to the net causes that.
SBOSS

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Start your Own Cryptocurrency Exchange

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 09:15:07 AM

I hope it falls down to 10 sats, I could buy 10 million with a single bitcoin! CA-CHING! Cheesy

Ca-ching!  Ring Ring!   Cool

[ COINSCLONE  ✔  No programming skills needed    ✔  Liquidity ready   ✔  Earn via Commission
█████████████  CRYPTOCURRENCY EXCHANGE SOFTWARE   |    (❪  FREE TRIAL  ❫)
Launch  a  website  like  Binance  or  Coinbase      █     ⚫    telegram    ⚫    whatsapp
Xpedite

Activity: 258
Merit: 250

DRAMA: Dumb Retards Asking More Attention

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:08:34 AM

I hope it falls down to 10 sats, I could buy 10 million with a single bitcoin! CA-CHING! Cheesy

Ca-ching!  Ring Ring!   Cool

Cheesy Indeed, not a bad bargain if XEM becomes worth a dollar each.  Wink

And that my friends is why a lot of trolling is going on!

It's as transparent as it gets  Grin
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 10:12:32 AM

Latest up date from the devs.  

Makoto is still busy working all day and night on his project.  His project is coming along but the project he is working on is pretty intense.

Bloodie Rookie has started working on Node Rewards.  We are making a new style of node program kind of like the one for Dash, but also very different.  So he is coding it from scratch trying to figure out how these new parameters for the NEM network can be monitored.  

And Gimre has been working on getting NEMbex up to shape for Mosaics.  It is a little difficult because Mosaics is just more intense than any other asset program.  Other explores just list a long list of assets, because basically every one is just set and can't be changed.  But Mosaics has a tree of Namespaces and Mosaics that are interconnected, so he is trying to find a way to show the interconnections in a simple and easy fashion.

Right now making Mosaics is all by command line, but we need to figure out how a user interface should look like.    

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 10:13:04 AM

i miss the ability or infos about the issuer of assets
can he pay out dividends to owner of the assets

can there be pre defined rules for the dividend behavior of the asset?

can the N of M multisig logic be used for the issuer of assets

and and and

wana know more about mosaics

if there is some more info available already please link me to it

Good to see you around here.   Smiley  Let me try to answer your questions.  

For sure in this version an asset owner can manually quickly scan the blockchain, create some new dividends and then send out the bonuses to each holder.  That is no problem to do, but hasn't been automated in version 1 to make it done in one click.  Although a person could easily write a script to do it.   Mosaics will have more versions after this version with more functions, so that can be something that is added to NCC and fully automated, but will be later.  

M of N is very important throughout NEM and definitely is enabled already in mosaics.

There is no real information about Mosaics, so I just made a story for you.  But first please read the old post explaining Namespaces which explains how the naming system works for Mosaics.

Hi Guys,

It is my pleasure to introduce you to Namespaces on NEM!

A domain name is required when making an asset on NEM (that asset function is called NEM Mosaics and will be explained more later). Each individual who wishes to create a mosaic needs to register a root domain name.  This domain name can be thought of very much like a website domain and in NEM is known as a namespace. This can be bought for an amount of XEM (to be defined later). The namespace length shall be limited to 16 alphanumeric characters.

A creator owning the root domain namespace can create as many sub-domains as wanted, using a convention similar to the Java namespace convention, i.e., separated by a dot “.” to represent a domain or subdomain and an asterisk surrounded by a space on each side “ * ” to represent the name of an asset. This is the current internal convention in NIS and how it is represented later in the NIS and/or NCC UI might differ. This gives the creator a practically limitless number of mosaics that can be defined within a practically limitless number of sub-domains.  The sub-levels of a namespace can act as the actual name of the asset, or in some cases can be a class of assets as it is itself a sub-domain with lots of assets under that sub-domain name.   This means that last part of a mosaic will always be the name of the individual asset on the NEM blockchain and the prior names will act as the domain and/or subdomain for that asset.  

In the above example there are 6 assets.  They are as follows:
1.       jabo38.jeffsilver * halfounce
2.       jabo38.jeffsilver * ounce2015
3.       jabo38 * iposhares
4.       jabo38.exchange * usd
5.       jabo38.exchange * eur
6.       jabo38.exchange * zar

In the first example the domain is jabo38.jeffsilver and the asset is halfounce. In the second example the domain is jabo38.jeffsilver and the asset is ounce2015. And in the third example the domain is jabo38 and the asset is iposhares.

While the first part of a namespace is globally unique on the NEM blockchain, the rest of the parts of a namespace are not. Having non-unique sub-domains in a namespace system allows for anyone to use any name in the subdomain positions, making squatting on certain names far less exclusive as they are not globally unique, and at the same time giving chances for easily recognizable names within one’s personal local network.  

Now, on to a story created for you.  Lets say a user name kryptonit who loves diamonds is interested in Mosaics.  (I saw you profile but didn't want to exactly copy you. hehehe)

He knows he is in the diamond business and wants blockchain representation for these diamonds.  Maybe the blockchain tokens will be digital assets for speculation on the price of diamonds, or maybe they will be certificates of existence, or maybe they will be used to help track the diamonds as they are moved from place to place. At anyrate, kryptonit needs some blockchain based tokens.

First, he goes into NEM and buys the namespace "kryptonit_inc" for his business.

Second, he knows his business will be very successful and have a lot of lines so he creates a sub namespace "summer2015assets".
Third, he creates his first line of mosiacs for red laser diamonds.  It ended up being very successful so he needed more.  
Fourth, he finally created is fifth line of red laser diamonds. Now he has decided to move on.

Fifth, in the winter he opens up a sub namespace for his new line "winter2016assets".
Sixth, he creates a mosaic for "blue_diamonds"
Seventh, there was a mistake at his factory and instead he ended up with 150,000 extra diamonds that he didn't know about, so he amends the total amount in that particular mosaic and adds those numbers.  (could have destroyed them too if it was a bad mistake)

This is an example of a transferable mutable mosaic,  but we can also have non transferable and fixed rate mosaics too, as well as being able to send mosaics in bags.  I'll try to explain those a bit later a long with other interesting things Mosaics can do.  

The above examples can also be seen on the testnet NEMbex which Gimre just updated yesterday and is still working on more and updating.

Mosaics is being designed not to just be an IPO asset feature for scam coins and pumps, but is being designed for real world businesses to use in their daily operations.  It is by far the most feature rich asset creation platform in crypto.  

As mentioned above the first version of Mosaics allows the following:
Divisibility – Up to 6 decimal points.
Quantity – Either mutable, fixed, or capped.
Transferability – Asset can be locked into only being traded with the creator and the first person it was sent to, or it can be transferred to anyone.
Descriptions – An explanation about the asset.
Packagability – Assets can be bagged together with other assets
Name and Namespace – Assets will be a part of an advanced naming system on NEM
Data – Assets can be sent with messages

bumping this to help explain Mosaics

Nortan12rx

Activity: 177
Merit: 100

Nordway

View Profile
August 26, 2015, 10:18:45 AM

besides bad stakeholders devs are guilty of dump. on website nem.io there is nothing on the first page. there is only this foolish video and a lot of the links allocated with a big font: buy this shit! buy this shit! buy this shit! on what at once the potential investor wants to close the website nem.io page and to run on farther from this scam coin!

where on the first page the specification?

where link to block chain NEM?

how on yours people have to learn about all transactions of a network?

anything on website nem.io isn't present. except these foolish links on the first page which say buy don't know that here, here, and here! buy this shit!

I consider that are guilty here of dump besides bad stakeholders and devs. because they couldn't even look as do the websites other coins at which the specification of a network is on the first place and somewhere in the top part there is a link to coin blockchain!
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 11:29:31 AM

Something else that causes a problem like that is having the computer sleep or shutdown while NEM is running.  Sometimes when the computer starts back up, NEM is fine but sometimes it isn't.  In that case your database can be corrupted and you have to follow this guide to remove your database and sync a new one from scratch (luckily that usually doesn't take too long).  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-delete-your-local-copy-of-the-blockchain/

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 11:32:28 AM

Latest up date from the devs.  

Makoto is still busy working all day and night on his project.  His project is coming along but the project he is working on is pretty intense.

Bloodie Rookie has started working on Node Rewards.  We are making a new style of node program kind of like the one for Dash, but also very different.  So he is coding it from scratch trying to figure out how these new parameters for the NEM network can be monitored.  

And Gimre has been working on getting NEMbex up to shape for Mosaics.  It is a little difficult because Mosaics is just more intense than any other asset program.  Other explores just list a long list of assets, because basically every one is just set and can't be changed.  But Mosaics has a tree of Namespaces and Mosaics that are interconnected, so he is trying to find a way to show the interconnections in a simple and easy fashion.

Right now making Mosaics is all by command line, but we need to figure out how a user interface should look like.    

Great updates, I am very excited about this project!!! Smiley Cheesy YOLO! make it happen  Smiley

yes, I think they know they have one shot to put this together and they are working hard everyday

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 03:18:37 PM

Also, a little more news.  Quantum Mechanics from https://www.krakenlabs.org has been working on a faucet for NEM.  He is working out the last bugs right now.  There was a problem with it needing to be restarted sometimes and with fingerprinting not being 100%.  Lets hope he has it fixed!

He has also announced that his next project will be email alerts for an account you register and want to be watched.

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 10:26:42 PM

Crashing because we can't get clear answers from NEM team.  No one is adopting or using NEM.

http://blockexplore.in/search/richlist/

There is only 2148 addresses in NEM with more than 1 XEM.   In 2014 there was 3000 stakeholders.  Although socks were purged, how come NEM doesn't have more than 3000 addresses?   How could NEM after launch be smaller than before launch?  Something went wrong.

The only solution for NEM is to crash the capitalization, let people consolidate and the consolidators will work harder than people sitting around waiting to be made rich.

NEM developers are sitting on a 71% premine.  Dump the premine.

No one is adopting or using NEM. Exactly. ANd until then we will continue to crash and burn. Talk is cheap.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
cryptonit
Legendary

Activity: 3038
Merit: 1053

bit.diamonds | uNiq.diamonds

View Profile WWW
August 26, 2015, 11:20:41 PM
Last edit: August 27, 2015, 12:08:45 AM by cryptonit

For sure in this version an asset owner can manually quickly scan the blockchain, create some new dividends and then send out the bonuses to each holder.  That is no problem to do, but hasn't been automated in version 1 to make it done in one click.  Although a person could easily write a script to do it.   Mosaics will have more versions after this version with more functions, so that can be something that is added to NCC and fully automated, but will be later.  

great story thx

but dividends to each asset owner is a must have

option1 100000 assetX in circulation if a dividend of 10000 assetX is issued by assetIssuer the 10000 must be split correct between the asset owner

OR

option2  assetIssuer set a dividend multiplier that affect each asset owner (in upper example 10%)

if ya have assets which qualify owner for recieve dividends we need such mechanics for automated distribution of dividends
it would be crazy work to calculate and manual send dividends towards 500 people who own different sized shares of a asset with 100000 pieces

lot assets try represent a company where share ownership which qualify for some kind of payouts that need this mechanic

additional u need a second path of split mechanic

it could be u have assetX that represent company shares
and assetY thats represent lets say tokenized BTC

then u need a way to split the BTC dividends (in form of assetY) between the owner of assetX

i understand that u maybe still working on the coin code of mossaic and what i say are functions inside the GUI wallet frontend that in backend maybe just send simple transactions automated

but even then u have to keep in mind that the assetIssuer want later on a overview about the dividend rounds he did run
so some stuff must be stored in blockchain too

following ur namespace example i guess a

dividendDecember2015

which then contain the stuff that have been split and target group and a successful completed check

ideal would be if ya can create such a dividend thing already for a round that will happen in the future
and the stuff that will be split is locked until the time have come

this way the dividends mechanic meet smart contracts

because in my opiniojn its some kind of contract when i say

each owner of assetX will get based on the amount of assetX he own a share of the already locked in assetY at time xy

Diamond [DMD]     uNiq.Diamonds  
Scarce✦✦✦✦ Valuable ✦✦✦✦ Secure ✦                     ▬ a collector experience ▬                
jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 03:00:10 AM

great story thx

but dividends to each asset owner is a must have

option1 100000 assetX in circulation if a dividend of 10000 assetX is issued by assetIssuer the 10000 must be split correct between the asset owner

OR

option2  assetIssuer set a dividend multiplier that affect each asset owner (in upper example 10%)

if ya have assets which qualify owner for recieve dividends we need such mechanics for automated distribution of dividends
it would be crazy work to calculate and manual send dividends towards 500 people who own different sized shares of a asset with 100000 pieces

lot assets try represent a company where share ownership which qualify for some kind of payouts that need this mechanic

additional u need a second path of split mechanic

it could be u have assetX that represent company shares
and assetY thats represent lets say tokenized BTC

then u need a way to split the BTC dividends (in form of assetY) between the owner of assetX

i understand that u maybe still working on the coin code of mossaic and what i say are functions inside the GUI wallet frontend that in backend maybe just send simple transactions automated

but even then u have to keep in mind that the assetIssuer want later on a overview about the dividend rounds he did run
so some stuff must be stored in blockchain too

following ur namespace example i guess a

dividendDecember2015

which then contain the stuff that have been split and target group and a successful completed check

ideal would be if ya can create such a dividend thing already for a round that will happen in the future
and the stuff that will be split is locked until the time have come

this way the dividends mechanic meet smart contracts

because in my opiniojn its some kind of contract when i say

each owner of assetX will get based on the amount of assetX he own a share of the already locked in assetY at time xy

I'll mention dividends to the devs.

jabo38
Legendary

mining is so 2012-2013

View Profile WWW
August 27, 2015, 03:02:04 AM

Also, a little more news.  Quantum Mechanics from https://www.krakenlabs.org has been working on a faucet for NEM.  He is working out the last bugs right now.  There was a problem with it needing to be restarted sometimes and with fingerprinting not being 100%.  Lets hope he has it fixed!

He has also announced that his next project will be email alerts for an account you register and want to be watched.

One of the testers managed to beat the faucet.  Quantum is fixing it up again.

kelsey
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 27, 2015, 03:39:04 AM

Something else that causes a problem like that is having the computer sleep or shutdown while NEM is running.  Sometimes when the computer starts back up, NEM is fine but sometimes it isn't.  In that case your database can be corrupted and you have to follow this guide to remove your database and sync a new one from scratch (luckily that usually doesn't take too long).  http://blog.nem.io/how-to-delete-your-local-copy-of-the-blockchain/

yep one of the first things i'd tried, and done twice since, still never fully syncs.
Pages: « 1 ... 911 912 913 914 915 916 917 918 919 920 921 922 923 924 925 926 927 928 929 930 931 932 933 934 935 936 937 938 939 940 941 942 943 944 945 946 947 948 949 950 951 952 953 954 955 956 957 958 959 960 [961] 962 963 964 965 966 967 968 969 970 971 972 973 974 975 976 977 978 979 980 981 982 983 984 985 986 987 988 989 990 991 992 993 994 995 996 997 998 999 1000 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 1007 1008 1009 1010 1011 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: