Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 06:37:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984377 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
bob131313

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 10:59:23 PM

lol kodtycoon you know what?

it was clear from day 1 to me that you guys were going to pick the fan logo even though half of the community hates it. when you decided for a CLOSED voting that is easily modified behind doors I lost major trust and faith into the NEM team. now I'll have to look at a phallic logo that I dislike, yes I do. now what's that, I mean come on? is that being fair to your community when obviously there is a SPLIT === ideological DRAW? you are a fine sir but this is definitely not ok.
Perhaps a Rorschach test is in order to find out what is really going on. I seriously doubt they colluded on the matter of the logo. If our dev team was really out to get us they could easily install some java back doors and take us all the way to the bank laughing.

Our dev team needs to be supported by the community. They are working hard to move forward. The community decided not to clone another coin, it takes work to build from scratch.

We are entering an interesting time in cryptoland. Cryptocurrencies will most likely be outlawed in most places, heavy red tape and the influence of gov are around the corner. It is up to us to decide if NEM is truly a community driven project or has degraded into a few devs and a lot of 'give me, give me' folks.

Everyone is busy and has multiple interest. Find a way to help and stop bitching.  At least our team is honest and is keeping us updated, they could release today and we would have a working client and a fully functioning blockchain but they want to deliver something special so they are working on it.

Just my 2 cents from my experience in cryptoland.
instacalm

Activity: 798
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:06:19 PM
Last edit: August 06, 2014, 11:37:15 PM by instacash

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1OLIOCZMnmwobpJG6e76LZi6btgiKiP0ZMBoPRVDldFg/edit#gid=1900240227

only 76 people voted for the logo overall -- that's really not a lot of activity, unfortunately.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
August 06, 2014, 11:06:54 PM

lol kodtycoon you know what?

it was clear from day 1 to me that you guys were going to pick the fan logo even though half of the community hates it. when you decided for a CLOSED voting that is easily modified behind doors I lost major trust and faith into the NEM team. now I'll have to look at a phallic logo that I dislike, yes I do. now what's that, I mean come on? is that being fair to your community when obviously there is a SPLIT === ideological DRAW? you are a fine sir but this is definitely not ok.
Perhaps a Rorschach test is in order to find out what is really going on. I seriously doubt they colluded on the matter of the logo. If our dev team was really out to get us they could easily install some java back doors and take us all the way to the bank laughing.

Our dev team needs to be supported by the community. They are working hard to move forward. The community decided not to clone another coin, it takes work to build from scratch.

We are entering an interesting time in cryptoland. Cryptocurrencies will most likely be outlawed in most places, heavy red tape and the influence of gov are around the corner. It is up to us to decide if NEM is truly a community driven project or has degraded into a few devs and a lot of 'give me, give me' folks.

Everyone is busy and has multiple interest. Find a way to help and stop bitching.  At least our team is honest and is keeping us updated, they could release today and we would have a working client and a fully functioning blockchain but they want to deliver something special so they are working on it.

Just my 2 cents from my experience in cryptoland.

We are very happy the logo discussion can be finally concluded and we can move forward to focus on other important things.

Detailed voting results are posted here, including exact time of the vote:

Logo Vote Results

Thank you all for your votes, support and understanding.
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:04:53 AM

BCfrictionless it's not working, time to move onto plan B (switch your CfA account and troll).

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 12:26:05 AM

I never sent that message, he sent it himself and then created a fake quotation saying I sent it.

A moderator can easily confirm it by looking at our messages (well not so much "our", he has sent me 3 messages within minutes and I haven't responded as I don't feed trolls).

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?action=profile;u=127521

This is the guy who based him name of a known developer called Frictionlesscoin (who was one of the first to propose a NxT fork / descendent).  Much like the name CallfromAbove is a rip off that NxT developer Comefrombeyond.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1000

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:02:34 AM

WOOOOW, 1 NEMstake had fell to 15000NXT 

Maybe it will be 10000NXT soon! Cheesy

You guys were a waste of time to discuss the future, HOW BEAUTIFUL IT IS!

Nothing had released, just Alpha has launched. A lot of investors had lost they interest in NEM

Other projects had speed up the project progress in order to present they advantage.

And the NEM project just slow down?

It is suspicious that a stakeholder speaks like that...

I believe the original intent was to be a stakeholder with all that comes with it, and not an investor. If you want to be an investor then do your short sighted day trading. If you want to actually build something, stay put, ignore prices, and do something of high quality. We can shake loose the weak hands. If you have confidence in the devs and what they are doing you won't care about the price. The first coin across the finish line that has the same feature set as nem doesn't mean it wins at all. Rushing your product can be bad. One bad security flaw and it destroys the coin forever. You want to properly test for as much as you can, and it sounds like our guys are.

That is why we do test-driven development.

NEM is not an investment, but a voluntary organization. We can all help to build it up without waiting for "real" NEM. We have a testnet running now.

Even if you can't code or do anything else, you can help us move towards release by testing and reporting problems with the alpha.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:04:52 AM

it's not even on the real market, and most of us invested just few dollars on it...
really i dont' see any reason to panic, keep calm and buy stakes Smiley

Anyone can run our alpha to see we are making progress and it is becoming more stable. Just by running the alpha consistently, you are helping us test which will help us move towards release.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:08:52 AM

I hate to say it but I clearly lack the English skills and Programming skills of some users here. So I cannot yet contribute anything in those aspects atm.
I missed the initial stakeholder list because I did not have interest in crypto in January/February, 2014. Although I bought my stake through NXT AE at a price of 20,000 NXT,  I'm more than happy to donate 10,000 NEM to support a greater cause of achieving an easy to use, appealing to the common man like me(mobile wallet) and stronger ecosystem for NEM at launch.

EDIT: The gold/silver coins idea is a real gem. Since the total NEM= 4 billion(which is quite large), it would be wise to include maybe 100,000 NEM with each purchase of a gold coin and 10,000 NEM with each purchase of a silver coin. And you can price the coins accordingly with the quality of gold and silver used.

We are discussing the coins more here:
http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2337

We've been talking to the Perth Mint and other mints to get quotes. Silver would be .999 and gold would be .9999. Both 1 oz.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:16:10 AM

Ironically some of the people asking aren't stakeholders and presumably never bought any NEM on the asset exchange.  They just want to know the release date ahead of everybody so they don't have to take any risk on the AE and then dump when the thing launches.

The speculators on the alternate section on Bitcointalk are an absolute scourge. 

hey are you a NEM stakeholder ? I read a lot of crazy posts of yours (anti-nem if I'm not mistaken?! excuse me if I got it wrong). I for one bought NEM on the asset exchange and I wait as forward-looking as a stakeholder. What's so wrong with that?

By the way, looking forward to Alpha restart Cool

Thanks!

We are working hard to really make something amazing. Let's build a NEW ECONOMy together!

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:20:58 AM

I am proud to present the logo voting results.  

It was a narrow contest but the winner is the Fan logo with 53% of the votes.  

Results can be seen in the link provided here: Logo Vote Results

Thanks for the update kod.

Just so people know, our designer, Loi, will start working on a professional branding package to be used along with the new official logo across all our platforms. So during the following weeks we will focus on updating/filtering/simplifying information on our threads OP, establishing our brand and spreading some quality press releases about NEM in the media.

Will post some more details as we make progress.

Please note that this is only the preliminary count. The final count will still have to be confirmed as there are a couple more last minute votes that have to be included. They are votes for Option 1 anyway. Kodtycoon will measure his list against mine later to confirm the counts.

ok apologies for the delay.

votes have been counted up and matched to rocketheads list.

i can confirm all votes on rocketheads list except that i didnt get a mail from user "nembit86" that i could see.

so it seems we have a final winner, being the fan logo by loi.

updates to be made.

mail from "nembit86" found

votes mailed to me but not counted:

CoinManiac1 - option 1 - fan

Ccmaster - option 1 - fan

TauMuon - option 1 - fan (not counted => too late)

edit:

update complete - see bottom 3.

The logo vote was not manipulated. If the cube had won, we all would have come in to support that.

Now that we finally have a logo after half a year (!), we can start to move towards creating amazing branding and prepare for launch. It's important to have a good appearance by the time we launch, because first impressions are the most important.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 01:24:12 AM

Just so people know, our designer, Loi, will start working on a professional branding package to be used along with the new official logo across all our platforms. So during the following weeks we will focus on updating/filtering/simplifying information on our threads OP, establishing our brand and spreading some quality press releases about NEM in the media.

Please note that this is only the preliminary count. The final count will still have to be confirmed as there are a couple more last minute votes that have to be included. They are votes for Option 1 anyway. Kodtycoon will measure his list against mine later to confirm the counts.

i can confirm all votes on rocketheads list except that i didnt get a mail from user "nembit86" that i could see.

updates to be made.

edit:

The logo vote was not manipulated. If the cube had won, we all would have come in to support that.

Now that we finally have a logo after half a year (!), we can start to move towards creating amazing branding and prepare for launch. It's important to have a good appearance by the time we launch, because first impressions are the most important.

Agreed just get to work on releasing the damn thing haha.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
LiYun_001

Activity: 37
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 03:41:02 AM

updates to be made.

edit:

Agreed just get to work on releasing the damn thing haha.
I would say it is a great achievement. I am glad to see this nice logo and will be more patient to wait NEM to be released in Sep.
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:25:39 AM

Planned blockchain restart along with new fresh build 0.1.2 is here.

http://forum.nemcoin.com/index.php?topic=2230.msg2723#msg2723

Plz test everyone.
This build should be way more stable and smooth.
You want to know what you can do right now as a NEM supporter ? - Test Test Test. And give feedback obviously.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:28:24 AM

Trying new release. Doesn't run neither one click nor standalone. Where all files of old version and of new version are storied? Windows 7. Want to delete everything and start from the scratch. Is old wallet file still valid with new version or I need to create new one?
patmast3r

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 06:43:53 AM

Trying new release. Doesn't run neither one click nor standalone. Where all files of old version and of new version are storied? Windows 7. Want to delete everything and start from the scratch. Is old wallet file still valid with new version or I need to create new one?

Because of the reset i think you'll need to delete them yes.
They should be in your Users "home" folder. Where Dekstop, Downloads and such are as well.

Plz always post error messages or a more detailed description of the behaviour you're seeing.

martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 07:48:54 AM
Last edit: August 07, 2014, 07:59:04 AM by martismartis

Because of the reset i think you'll need to delete them yes.
They should be in your Users "home" folder. Where Dekstop, Downloads and such are as well.

Plz always post error messages or a more detailed description of the behaviour you're seeing.

OK, deleted everything, except wallet file. Started with webstart, some confirmation to run, NCC login screen started. Entered password to open my wallet, error window "Oooops! ERROR error not found". Seems NIC is not running.

Tried with standalone client, run nis.bat, everything went good. started ncc.bat, nis terminal window killed, there is only ncc terminal window.

EDIT:
Standalone version, got error in terminal befoer nis is killed:
Code:
2014-08-07 10:55:28.705:INFO:oejs.Server:main: Started @7788ms
10:56:02 INFO entering /shutdown [127.0.0.1] (org.nem.nis.a.c.wp preHandle)
10:56:02 INFO Async shut-down initiated in 200 msec. (org.nem.nis.a.pz shutdown)

10:56:02 INFO exiting /shutdown [127.0.0.1] (org.nem.nis.a.c.wp afterCompletion)

2014-08-07 10:56:02.813:INFO:oejs.ServerConnector:Thread-12: Stopped ServerConne
ctor@1b2df3aa{HTTP/1.1}{0.0.0.0:7890}
2014-08-07 10:56:02.814:INFO:/:Thread-12: Destroying Spring FrameworkServlet 'Sp
ring MVC Dispatcher Servlet'
10:56:02 INFO Closing WebApplicationContext for namespace 'Spring MVC Dispatcher
 Servlet-servlet': startup date [Thu Aug 07 10:55:27 EEST 2014]; parent: org.spr
ingframework.context.annotation.AnnotationConfigApplicationContext@6a024a67 (org
.springframework.web.context.support.AnnotationConfigWebApplicationContext doClo
se)
2014-08-07 10:56:02.822:INFO:/:Thread-12: Closing Spring root WebApplicationCont
ext
10:56:02 INFO Closing Root WebApplicationContext: startup date [Thu Aug 07 10:55
:27 EEST 2014]; root of context hierarchy (org.springframework.web.context.suppo
rt.AnnotationConfigWebApplicationContext doClose)
2014-08-07 10:56:02.824:INFO:oejsh.ContextHandler:Thread-12: Stopped o.e.j.s.Ser
vletContextHandler@6bccd036{/,null,UNAVAILABLE}
10:56:02 INFO NEM Infrastructure Server 0.1.2-ALPHA shutdown... (org.nem.deploy.
CommonStarter cv)
makoto1337
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2014, 08:07:23 AM

0.1.2 doesn't like me either right about now...   Sad

Did you delete your NEM folder?

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓

Sora
|
XOR
DarkhorseofNxt

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:25:46 AM

Having same issue like martismartis. Ncc window is being killed right away.

patmast3r

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:26:26 AM

0.1.2 doesn't like me either right about now...   Sad

Did you delete your NEM folder?

Yes.

I didn't give up yet...  I will let you know when I'm up and running again!   Wink

Important thing to remeber is that these issues wouldn't occur outside of alpha.
With new versions that are not 100% backwards compatible and blockchain resets you'll have a way harder time to run a new version of the client than you normally would.

asdlolciterquit

Activity: 1666
Merit: 565

View Profile
August 07, 2014, 08:28:14 AM

One question: for who try this alpha, with how many "alpha" nem we will start?
Pages: « 1 ... 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 [173] 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: