Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 02:22:52 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 1993 »
  Print  
Author Topic: NEM (XEM) Official Thread - 100% New Code - Easy To Use APIs  (Read 2984253 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:41:35 AM

It's been a while (actually quite long) since I've posted any stats, so here you go...

April 19: Tests run: 781, Failures: 0, Errors: 0, Skipped: 0
May 01: Tests run: 878, Failures: 2, Errors: 2, Skipped: 3
May 09: Tests run: 952, Failures: 6, Errors: 3, Skipped: 3
May 17: Tests run: 1042, Failures: 14, Errors: 2, Skipped: 3

NIS: Aug 9th: Tests run: 1684, Failures: 2, Errors: 13, Skipped: 0
NCC: Aug 9th: Tests run: 425, Failures: 3, Errors: 1

Most errors in last run of NIS are due to one test, that hasn't been updated to conform to changes in NIS

Good work buddy! Looks like there are still many failures in current version both of NIS and NCC, but I believe, with you guys hard working and contribution, we will eventually succeed.

Cheers!

Great work guys.

@s111102 I think you might have confused test runs(1684, 425) with failures(2, 3).
patmast3r

Activity: 980
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 06:47:56 AM

Guys plz vote for us. Another exchange at launch would be cool Smiley

https://hitbtc.com/vote

Look at that ! Another thing every stakeholder can do.

patmast3r

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:14:25 AM

Don't forget you can vote once a day Wink

I've got another vote https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=729053.0

Let's show CfA some love  Grin

zhuzhu_15

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:23:51 AM

Let's show CfA some love  Grin

What's CFA?  Shocked
wakasaki96744

Activity: 81
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:37:19 AM

Let's show CfA some love  Grin

What's CFA?  Shocked

I'm guessing the poster Come-From-Above?

Is that the same guy as Come-From-Beyond?  Huh...sorry old time Nxter here Tongue and haven't kept up to date with all the things happening in crypto-world.

NXT-98EP-BVRB-WU6B-386RA
xtester

Activity: 840
Merit: 500

Risk taker & Black Swan farmer.

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 07:47:11 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 08:05:54 AM by xtester

Lets get some votes for NEM.

We should make a 2 week voting marathon and vote as much as we can for NEM:

http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html

https://bter.com/voting

Please remember that on hitbtc you can vote again with every new IP address and registered user votes count 10x.

3 exchanges are waiting for us, lets do this!  Cool

P.S. You can get a new IP address on your Iphone just by switching Airplane mode on and off.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382
Merit: 250

Iota and JINN

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:19:27 AM

Let's show CfA some love  Grin

What's CFA?  Shocked

So funny to see this questions Grin    
cfa-means come from ass -it was 1 little troll with that nick Grin

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
jenea4pda

Activity: 382

Iota and JINN

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 09:21:54 AM
Last edit: August 09, 2014, 09:52:44 AM by jenea4pda

put my voice there, didn't find NEM on bter

p.s. it's really pity to see NEM stakes on second place in AE Cry

p.s.s. Would be somebody so kindly to sent me few NEM coins ?

www.iotatoken.com                      https://twitter.com/iotatoken
Iota is a brand new and novel micro-transaction cryptotoken optimized for the Internet-of-Things (IoT). Unlike the complex and heavy blockchains of Bitcoin and the like, which were designed with other uses in mind, Iota is created to be as lightweight as possible, hence the name "Iota" with emphasis on the ‘IoT’ part.
martismartis
Legendary

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1005

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 10:05:06 AM

Sent some Smiley
KingCole

Activity: 348

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:02:13 PM

Lets get some votes for NEM.

We should make a 2 week voting marathon and vote as much as we can for NEM:

http://www.btc38.com/trade/vote_for_trade_en.html

https://bter.com/voting

Please remember that on hitbtc you can vote again with every new IP address and registered user votes count 10x.

3 exchanges are waiting for us, lets do this!  Cool

P.S. You can get a new IP address on your Iphone just by switching Airplane mode on and off.

+3 ;o)

KC
Fernandez
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 12:06:23 PM

NEM on AE is dropping steadily. A month back it was the talk, but it has died down. The crypto scene here is a fickle lot.
When the next phase is open we will see what the value is.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄███████████████████████
███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▀▀▀████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

...INTRODUCING WAVES........
...ULTIMATE ASSET/CUSTOM TOKEN BLOCKCHAIN PLATFORM...

dandruff1138

Activity: 700
Merit: 501

1000% ROI Masternode Coin

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 12:47:06 PM

NEM on AE is dropping steadily. A month back it was the talk, but it has died down. The crypto scene here is a fickle lot.

That is because people like me are starting to get impatient. Lets hope the ball is rolling smoothly.

▄▄██████████▄▄
        ▄▄██████████████████▄▄
      ▄███████████████████████▄
    ▄████████████████████████████▄
   ████████████████████████████████
  ██████████████████████████████████
 ██████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████
 ███████████████████████████████████
  █████████████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████████████
    ▀████████████████████████████▀
      ▀███████████████████████▀
         ▀██████████████████▀▀
            ▀▀██████████▀▀
(.
.@75 c Stage 2.
)
███     WHITEPAPER      SLACK      ANN THREAD     ███
████     FACEBOOK      TWITTER      TELEGRAM     ████

▬▬▬  JOIN OUR ICO    From Nov 10th, 2017  ▬▬▬
TaunSew

Activity: 756
Merit: 506

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:26:33 PM

There was a panic dump when Patmast3r said that the official launch would be in November (later clarified that launch =/= official launch but alas it was too late). 

I don't necessarily see it being a bad thing as the more weak hands which are eliminated the more presumed stability when NEM is released and that is a good thing.  We may disagree with bad distribution but some of those poorly distributed coins can be stable or appreciating especially when held by whale(s) who never sell.  For any coin, getting rid of the weak hands and promoting holding should be a priority especially in an early stage as many newcomers don't want to buy into a coin losing value.  Everyone wants to be a winner in cryptos even though that might contradict reality.

We saw what happened in the first weeks of the asset exchange, a lot of weak hands were eager to let go of a stake worth $1000+ when they had bought it initially for $2 - $50.  If there was no asset exchange, these people would had dumped at launch and then NEM would have immediate PR concerns in trying to persuade people to buy a coin that people are dumping (which is an uphill battle, by the way).  It's better to get rid of the weak hands now than at some hypothetical post-launch period.

There ain't no Revolution like a NEMolution.  The only solution is Bitcoin's dissolution! NEM!
patmast3r

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 01:33:34 PM

There was a panic dump when Patmast3r said that the official launch would be in November (later clarified that launch =/= official launch but alas it was too late).  

I don't necessarily see it being a bad thing as the more weak hands which are eliminated the more presumed stability when NEM is released and that is a good thing.  We may disagree with bad distribution but some of those poorly distributed coins can be stable or appreciating especially when held by whale(s) who never sell.  For any coin, getting rid of the weak hands and promoting holding should be a priority especially in an early stage as many newcomers don't want to buy into a coin losing value.  Everyone wants to be a winner in cryptos even though that might contradict reality.

We saw what happened in the first weeks of the asset exchange, a lot of weak hands were eager to let go of a stake worth $1000+ when they had bought it initially for $2 - $50.  If there was no asset exchange, these people would had dumped at launch and then NEM would have immediate PR concerns in trying to persuade people to buy a coin that people are dumping (which is an uphill battle, by the way).  It's better to get rid of the weak hands now than at some hypothetical post-launch period.

I agree with almost all of what you say apart from me saying we launch novemeber. I don't think i ever said that  Huh
Anyway there is another reason why I think all the impatience is absolute nonsense.
All you impatient folks please answer me this question - What would you do with your NEMs if you had them right now ?

Sell ? - Get a token on the AE and do it there.
Send around just for fun - Check out the alpha.

What else ?
Can you think of anything ?

Why should we launch NEM now if there is no utility yet ?
Don't get me wrong we are trying to launch as soon as possible (and we're aiming pre novemeber) but there is really no reason to rush it.

Look at NODE. They launched. Now what ? No exchange, noone accepts NODE, there is 0 people can do with their NODEs right now. I don't mean to hate on NODE but it's a perfect example of why an earlier launch doesn't necessariliy make a lot of sense.

crimi

Activity: 147
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:25:23 PM

Look at NODE. They launched. Now what ? No exchange, noone accepts NODE, there is 0 people can do with their NODEs right now. I don't mean to hate on NODE but it's a perfect example of why an earlier launch doesn't necessariliy make a lot of sense.

Yeah i think crypti goes as well in the same category. Its overall a problem with lack of new users in the alt cryptocurrency scene, there are just too much coins for this low userbase.

some1

Activity: 364

667 one more than the devil

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 02:31:46 PM

When I send an encrypted message via NCC, message text appears in cleartext in my transaction history
Isn't it encoded with recipient's public key? I should not be able to decrypt it.

There are only two sides able to decrypt encrypted (SECURE) messages. Sender and recipient.
(There is key established between those two.)

If you'd try to take a look at this TX i.e in chain explorer, you won't find anything useful, unless there is a bug ;-)
 but there definitely isn't, we have tested it multiple times (not only in blockchain but also in our internal tests).

Ok, I thought that was like sending an encrypted email with GPG.

Is there any documentation about how it works?
How is the algorithm named?

makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 02:36:27 PM

Once stake claiming starts, it'll pop up again.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████                                                ▀███████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
makoto1337
Legendary

Activity: 1596

I am not Dorian Nakamoto.

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 02:38:44 PM

I don't necessarily see it being a bad thing as the more weak hands which are eliminated the more presumed stability when NEM is released and that is a good thing.  We may disagree with bad distribution but some of those poorly distributed coins can be stable or appreciating especially when held by whale(s) who never sell.  For any coin, getting rid of the weak hands and promoting holding should be a priority especially in an early stage as many newcomers don't want to buy into a coin losing value.  Everyone wants to be a winner in cryptos even though that might contradict reality.

We saw what happened in the first weeks of the asset exchange, a lot of weak hands were eager to let go of a stake worth $1000+ when they had bought it initially for $2 - $50.  If there was no asset exchange, these people would had dumped at launch and then NEM would have immediate PR concerns in trying to persuade people to buy a coin that people are dumping (which is an uphill battle, by the way).  It's better to get rid of the weak hands now than at some hypothetical post-launch period.

I agree with almost all of what you say apart from me saying we launch novemeber. I don't think i ever said that  Huh
Anyway there is another reason why I think all the impatience is absolute nonsense.
All you impatient folks please answer me this question - What would you do with your NEMs if you had them right now ?

Sell ? - Get a token on the AE and do it there.
Send around just for fun - Check out the alpha.

What else ?
Can you think of anything ?

Why should we launch NEM now if there is no utility yet ?
Don't get me wrong we are trying to launch as soon as possible (and we're aiming pre novemeber) but there is really no reason to rush it.

Good point. At least NEM will launch on >= 1 exchanges. The first week is super important for publicity and first impressions matter. We have to do this right.

▄▄██████████████████▄▄╓
                           ▄████████████████████████████████▄
                       ▄████████████████████████████████████████▄
                    ▌███████████████████████████████████████████████╒
                 ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
               ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
             ▓█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           ▄████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████▄
          ████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
         ███████████                                                ███████████▄
       ╒████████████                                                ▀███████████▄
       █████████████                                                ▀████████████▄
      ███████████████████████████████████      ███████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████
     ████████████████████████████████████      ████████████████████████████████████▄
    ▄███████████████╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╙       ╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧╧████████████████
    ████████████████████████████████████╝       ████████████████████████████████████
    ███████████████████████████████████          ███████████████████████████████████
    █████████████████████████████████▀            ▀█████████████████████████████████
    ▐███████████████████████████████       ▄▄       ███████████████████████████████▌
     █████████████████████████████▀       ████       ▀█████████████████████████████
     ╘███████████████████████████       ▄██████▄       ███████████████████████████▌
      ▀████████████████████████▀       ██████████       ▀█████████████████████████
       ▀██████████████████████╛      ╔████████████▄       ███████████████████████
        █████████████████████       ████████████████       ▀████████████████████
         ▀█████████████████╚      ╓██████████████████▄       █████████████████▀
           ██████████████▀       ▓█████████████████████       ▀██████████████╝
            ▀███████████╩       ████████████████████████▄       ███████████▀
              ▀████████       ▓███████████████████████████       ▀████████
                ▀████▐       ██████████████████████████████▄       ████▀
                  ╙▀       ▄█████████████████████████████████       ▀▐
                          ████████████████████████████████████▄
                         ▀████████████████████████████████████▀
                              ▀▀████████████████████████▀▀╛

Sora
| SoraTopia | SoraEconomy                                                    
/The Decentralized Autonomous Economy /
|
XOR
gimre
Legendary

Activity: 866
Merit: 1002

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 02:56:59 PM

When I send an encrypted message via NCC, message text appears in cleartext in my transaction history
Isn't it encoded with recipient's public key? I should not be able to decrypt it.

There are only two sides able to decrypt encrypted (SECURE) messages. Sender and recipient.
(There is key established between those two.)

If you'd try to take a look at this TX i.e in chain explorer, you won't find anything useful, unless there is a bug ;-)
 but there definitely isn't, we have tested it multiple times (not only in blockchain but also in our internal tests).

Ok, I thought that was like sending an encrypted email with GPG.

Is there any documentation about how it works?
How is the algorithm named?

Not sure if that's what you want to know, but key agreement is ECDH (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elliptic_curve_Diffie–Hellman)

NemusExMāchinā
Catapult docs: https://docs.symbol.dev
github: https://github.com/symbol
Spider

Activity: 171
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 09, 2014, 03:31:27 PM

Shocked You're so kind Smiley

forum.nem.io
Pages: « 1 ... 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 [177] 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 ... 1993 »
  Print  

Jump to: