Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 04:37:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: [Guide] Dogie's Comprehensive Yiazo YBF Setup [HD]  (Read 6449 times)
dogie (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 02:02:16 AM
Last edit: December 12, 2015, 07:47:30 AM by dogie
Merited by ABCbits (1)

Dogie's Miner Setup Guides:
    ASICMiner Blade
ASICMiner Cube
ASICMiner Tube
ASICMiner Prisma
Avalon Avalon2
Avalon Avalon3
Avalon Avalon4
Avalon Avalon6
SpondooliesTech SP10
SpondooliesTech SP20
SpondooliesTech SP30
SpondooliesTech SP35
Technobit HEX16B
Technobit HEX8A1
Technobit HEX4M
Technobit 2HEX4M
KNCMiner Saturn/Jupiter
Bitmain AntMiner S1
Bitmain AntMiner S2
Bitmain AntMiner S3
Bitmain AntMiner S4
Bitmain AntMiner S4+
Bitmain AntMiner S5
Bitmain AntMiner S7
Bitmain AntMiner C1
Bitmain AntMiner U3
RockMiner R-Box
RockMiner New R-Box
RockMiner R3-Box
RockMiner T1
HashCoins Apollo
HashCoins Ares
NonceTech Sampo
Yiazo YBF
BTCGarden AMV1
Bitmine Coincraft Desk V2
HashRatio Tsunami
XBTech Pacific 1250
BitCrane T-110
Black Arrow Prospero X1
AMT 1.25TH
C-Scape HexFury USB
C-Scape BiFury USB
MoonlightMiner NanoFury II USB
    Gigampz PSU breakout board

Guide meta thread
    DefaultTrust Visualisation
    Power Supply analysis guide
    Manufacturer trustworthiness guide
___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nicely formatted version available at dogiecoin.com!

Contents:
0a) What to Expect
0b) What You Need
1) Powering
2) Cooling
3) Configuration
4) Troubleshooting
5) Where to buy

0a) What to Expect (top)
The Yiazo YBF is a Bitfury generation 2 clone designed by c-scape which utilises the known M and H board architecture. Each mining kit includes one M board
and multiple hashing H boards. The boards come snugly packaged in bubble wrap within a cardboard box. Specs per H board are as follows:

Chips14x Bitfury Gen 2
Hashrate~30-38GH
Rated Voltage12V
Rated Current1.6A
Power.Consumption20W

0b) What You Need (top)
You will need the following:

1) Powering (top)
YBFs do not come with a power supply, and you will need a typical computer PSU with:

• 2xPCI-E 6 pin power connectors (only 1 if using 4 or less H boards.
  • 2A on the 12V rail per H board.

Power Supply:
(Click.your.flag)

We also need to tell the PSU to always be on, as there isn't a motherboard to do this. Cut a paper clip into a U and insert it into the green wire and either
black wire to the side of the green wire. Tape it up for safety. The power supply will now be controlled by its switch on the rear socket.

2) Cooling (top)
A 120mm fan is required to blow through the H boards, and two when they are packed closely. They can be low RPM and silent, but airflow is required.
Alternatively, one moderate to high (1600+) RPM 120mm fan can be placed on top of the H boards. There are 2x3 pin fan headers on the M board.

120mm Fan:
(Click.your.flag)

3) Configuration (top)
YBFs contain their own controller and so setup is straight forward.

• Connect the ethernet cable from the M board to your router.
  • Using a browser, navigate to your router's configuration page to find the IP assigned to the YBF. It will be listed under 'miner-0'.
  • Using a browser, navigate to this IP address..
  • Enter pool information as below, and click "Reset".
  • After a few seconds, press "Reset" to check mining has started.

Antpool Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum.antpool.com:3333
User    : username.worker or username_worker - auto creates workers!
Password: anypassword
BTCGuild Register!
Code:
Servers : stratum.btcguild.com:3333
User    : username_worker
GHash IO Register!
Code:
Servers : us1.ghash.io:3333
User    : username.worker  - auto creates workers!

4) Troubleshooting (top)
TBD as problems arise.

Legal disclaimer: This information is for general guidance and does not constitute expert advice. We are not responsible if you, your property or a third
party is injured or damaged as a result of any interaction with this information, and no warranty is provided. All text and images are covered by copyright.

5) Where to buy (top)

The trust scores you see are subjective; they will change depending on who you have in your trust list.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:10:39 AM

2) Cooling
A 120mm fan is required to blow through the H boards, and two when they are packed closely. They can be low RPM and silent, but airflow is required. Alternatively, one moderate to high (1600+) RPM 120mm fan can be placed on top of the H boards. There are 2x3 pin fan headers on the M board.
I would use a bigger fan, the top row of chips is not cooled enough with 120mm.
I have good experience with this expensive 180mm one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220048&cm_re=AP182-_-35-220-048-_-Product
And put the whole construction on its side, to prevent wobbling of the boards.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
Glizlack

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 05:22:08 AM

Very efficient miner as far as watts. Space on the other hand is going to be fairly large. For a USA buyer the price seems very high. Almost double the rbox again I know it draws about half the power but still....  All in all interesting product that I will keep an eye on and consider adding to my home mining.

Steve

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
PRIMEDICE
The Premier Bitcoin Gambling Experience @PrimeDice
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
June 20, 2014, 07:06:28 PM

I would use a bigger fan, the top row of chips is not cooled enough with 120mm.
I have good experience with this expensive 180mm one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835220048&cm_re=AP182-_-35-220-048-_-Product
And put the whole construction on its side, to prevent wobbling of the boards.

It requires such little airflow it makes no difference, and you risk damaging the connectors mounting them on their sides.

BenTuras

Activity: 826
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 08:04:08 PM

...you risk damaging the connectors mounting them on their sides.
?? I have the original M-board and H-cards running like this for over half a year, no more issues since then.

I am selling in stock OneStringMiner boards, based on the Bitfury chips. Have a look here: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=495536.0
wttbs
Legendary

Activity: 2210
Merit: 1109

View Profile
June 20, 2014, 09:04:07 PM

...you risk damaging the connectors mounting them on their sides.
?? I have the original M-board and H-cards running like this for over half a year, no more issues since then.

Or you can put something under fan, something which is like 3 to 5 cm high, so the fan covers all the H-Board/chips.

I have a test-setups with 10 H-boards, one of them is put upside down, this is stable, fan in perfect position for cooling.
(sorry for the bad quality picture, old iphone)

wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
June 24, 2014, 12:50:35 PM

Updated prizes: https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=647102.40

M-board and H-board now 75 euro (a piece)
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
July 02, 2014, 10:00:40 AM

These great miners are still available !
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
July 04, 2014, 08:21:57 PM

This is a test-setup of our YBF SHA256 (Bitcoin) Miner. 1 YBF-M Bitfury miner mainbord + 5 YBF14S-H Bitfury mining boards. Hashpower 150 up to 190 GH/s at ±116W at 12V input. Fans are Scythe Slip Stream SY1225SL12-series 120mm, 2x 500rpm. Using these fans you have enough cooling for the miningboards and listen how incredible low noise this miner is.

Enjoy the silence: https://vimeo.com/99945192

drmadison

Activity: 151
Merit: 110

View Profile
July 07, 2014, 11:23:37 PM

Pity these are so overpriced... the performance / watt is one of the best I've seen...
Are these chips really this efficient? Or is this design using more chips at much lower voltage to get power usage down? That would explain the price...
dogie (OP)
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2014, 11:25:50 PM

Pity these are so overpriced... the performance / watt is one of the best I've seen...
Are these chips really this efficient? Or is this design using more chips at much lower voltage to get power usage down? That would explain the price...

Mixture of both. Bitfury chips have always had exceptional power draw.

wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:23:55 PM

*** BIG SALE **

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=697102.0

YBF 90+ GH/s Miner set 1x YBF-M + 3x YBF-H NOW = 70 euro
YBF 150+ GH/s Miner set 1x YBF-M + 5x YBF-H NOW = 110 euro
YBF 300+ GH/s Miner set 1x YBF-M + 10x YBF-H NOW = 210 euro

Please order at our website yiazo.com. We accept BTC (thru Bitpay) and Euro - Banktransfer SEPA

Rabinovitch
Legendary

Activity: 2030
Merit: 1076

BTCLife.global participant

View Profile
November 06, 2014, 11:50:43 PM

Very good, but the prices should be even lower for these mining sets to be competitive with modern mining equipment, keeping in mind all inconveniences of your mining sets...

From Siberia with love! Hosting by Rabinovitch!
Fundraising for BOINC Farm
Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:00:02 AM

Very good, but the prices should be even lower for these mining sets to be competitive with modern mining equipment, keeping in mind all inconveniences of your mining sets...

"inconveniences"  Huh

It is small / compact
Very power efficient
Very stable 99,5+% efficiency at miningpool (BTCGuild) *
Very low noise
Efficient airflow
Easy to setup

I don't want to all this inconveniences

* screenshot from BTCGuild of one our own miners (currently offline)
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:17:08 AM
Last edit: November 07, 2014, 12:28:22 AM by Rabinovitch

Power efficient?.. Approximately 0.625 W/Gh as I see... 0.52 at best, if this 300+ set will hash at 380 Gh/s consuming 200 Wt... Well, may be... Moreover: "With roughly 20w per board, a loaded controller will clock in at 200w to 300w depending on how fast the individual boards are running and what type of fans are connected as well". Let's think that it will consume 300 Wt and hash at 300 Gh/s... 1 Wt per 1 Gh?..  Cheesy  Where are the real test results?..

Let's compare with AntMiner S4. A set of 7 of your 300Gh sets (to achieve 2.1 Th, because where is the guarantee that it will give constant 380 Gh/s?) costs 1470 EUR and does not include PSU(s) and fans. Let's add to this price a shipping cost... It is curious, but looking not so profitable comparing to S4. At best it looks like S4 in terms of profitability, but...

Пpoфeccиoнaльнo зaнимaюcь paзвёpтывaниeм фepм (ASIC, GPU, BURST, STORJ, Filecoin), oбopyдoвaниeм пoмeщeний для мaйнингa.
wttbs
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:31:10 AM

Power efficient?.. Approximately 1W/Gh as I see...

Let's compare with AntMiner S4. A set of 7 of your 300Gh sets (to achieve 2.1 Th) costs 1470 EUR and does not include PSU(s) and fans. Let's add to this price a shipping cost... It is curious, but looking not so profitable comparing to S4. At best it looks like S4 in terms of profitability, but 1W/Gh...... Too much.

Look at the test from July 4th: 150 up to 190 GHs at 116W = 0.7733 to 0.6105. Avarage that = 0.69W/GH. The nice thing is you can "play" with power efficiency when you have a adjustable powersupply. As long as input is between 11V and 13V the miner is stable (with proper cooling): you can play with powerdraw and hashpower.

And you are right about the S4 and S3 and other miners, they are nice too and I am not saying it is crap of unefficient. I personally also bought, tested and mined with Bitmaintech, KNC, Bitmain, Zeus and other miners, they all work and all have their (dis)advantages but such a stable, efficient and low noise miner as the Yiazo-YBF is I and other who have bought the Yiazo YBF, have never seen and expericiened before.

(sorry about my crappy English sometimes  Tongue)
Rabinovitch
Legendary

View Profile
November 07, 2014, 12:39:06 AM

Oh, yeah, now I see the test.  Roll Eyes

It's OK, my English is not ideal too.  Grin

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: