Bitcoin Forum
May 28, 2024, 12:18:04 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 516 »
  Print  
Author Topic: ANTMINER S3+ Discussion and Support Thread  (Read 709822 times)
pekatete

Activity: 518
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 04:49:18 PM

Has anyone actually verified that changing the voltage lowers the  watts at the wall?
Yes it has been checked, and NO it does not lower watts at the wall. EDIT though in theory it should......

pekatete
Any ideas on this one.

I have 4 x S3 antminers . I had the 10/24 firmware on them seems like MY GHS was dropping from 450 to 340+ but never going back up to 450 or even close any ideas. When I reboot the GHS jumps back up for about 10-12HRs then back down again. All set at s3+ default 225. I changed the voltage to 0770. I just installed Doges firmware on one of them to try it. Any one has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
I am neither an expert at these things nor an electrical engineer, so take my opinion on that basis.
1. How are you powering them, i.e what PSU's and are you sharing the PSU's between rigs?
2. Are you connecting the PSU's to the same socket / extension, if so, try to separate them.

taaku

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:50:29 PM

Problem: Power supply shutdown suddenly with in 5 mins of starting miner.

What is your exact PSU?

below is screen shot of psu

<snip img> ... </snip img>

That PSU provides just 432 watts on the two 12v rails. that represents 72% of the rated wattage. If you are OC'ing, that is the reason why it is shutting down, else it probably has a fault EDIT or as has been stated above, the PCI-e connectors are on one rail.
I use a 550 watt server PSU, but that has 44.5 Amps on three 12v rails, giving me 534 watts i.e 97% of the rated wattage on the 12v rails

so can i use 4 pin to 6 - pin convertor and plug rest 2 -socket with them or what other solution do you suggest???

is it possible to use this psu or i have to buy new one??

below is the setup it has 2 - 6 pin cables

BTC: 1DgUj6s1yRwauEb89mGn92ZfNqK8xwcZPP
vabchgent

Activity: 840
Merit: 251

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 04:57:01 PM

Has anyone actually verified that changing the voltage lowers the  watts at the wall?
Yes it has been checked, and NO it does not lower watts at the wall. EDIT though in theory it should......

pekatete
Any ideas on this one.

I have 4 x S3 antminers . I had the 10/24 firmware on them seems like MY GHS was dropping from 450 to 340+ but never going back up to 450 or even close any ideas. When I reboot the GHS jumps back up for about 10-12HRs then back down again. All set at s3+ default 225. I changed the voltage to 0770. I just installed Doges firmware on one of them to try it. Any one has any ideas it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Thanks
I am neither an expert at these things nor an electrical engineer, so take my opinion on that basis.
1. How are you powering them, i.e what PSU's and are you sharing the PSU's between rigs?
2. Are you connecting the PSU's to the same socket / extension, if so, try to separate them.

pekatete

1. How are you powering them, i.e what PSU's and are you sharing the PSU's between rigs? I have no sharing of power supplies psu 750 w Corsair
2. Are you connecting the PSU's to the same socket / extension, if so, try to separate them. I have 2 set ups on different breakers.

Also voltage setting at 225 should equal 0770 . Just making sure

Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄█████
█████▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄█████

████▀               █████
█████▄              ███████
██████▄            ████████
███████▄▄        ▄█████████
█████▄▄       ▄████████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████

███████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ███████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
███████▀           ▀███████
██████  ▄██▀▀▀▀▀█▀▄  ██████

█████  █▀  ▄▄▄  ▀█  █████
██████  █  █████  █  ██████
██████  █▄  ▀▀▀  ▄█  ██████
██████  ▀██▄▄▄▄▄██▀  ██████
███████▄           ▄███████
██████████▀█████▀██████████
███████▀  ▀     ▀  ▀███████

█████▌             ▐█████
██████    ██   ██    ██████
█████▌    ▀▀   ▀▀    ▐█████
██████▄  ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄  ▄██████
████████▄▄███████▄▄████████
nitrox1

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:00:19 PM

pekatete
Any ideas on this one. I know you are extremely knowledgeable.I have read and used a couple of your post. Just trying to get stable at 225. 

Thanks

Just my piece, but tuning in voltage, for frequency really helped me. Try at 225 Hz 0760 voltage, and try them again, or anywhere from 0.75v-0.76v in 0.005v increments. You can go out of these ranges but one will be the sweet spot for that frequency.
pekatete

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 05:18:02 PM

pekatete
Any ideas on this one. I know you are extremely knowledgeable.I have read and used a couple of your post. Just trying to get stable at 225. 

Thanks

Just my piece, but tuning in voltage, for frequency really helped me. Try at 225 Hz 0760 voltage, and try them again, or anywhere from 0.75v-0.76v in 0.005v increments. You can go out of these ranges but one will be the sweet spot for that frequency.

Seeing you seem to be OK powering these up, I concur with tuning in the voltages ...

pekatete

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 05:22:33 PM

What is your exact PSU?

That PSU provides just 432 watts on the two 12v rails. that represents 72% of the rated wattage. If you are OC'ing, that is the reason why it is shutting down, else it probably has a fault EDIT or as has been stated above, the PCI-e connectors are on one rail.
I use a 550 watt server PSU, but that has 44.5 Amps on three 12v rails, giving me 534 watts i.e 97% of the rated wattage on the 12v rails

so can i use 4 pin to 6 - pin convertor and plug rest 2 -socket with them or what other solution do you suggest???

is it possible to use this psu or i have to buy new one??

below is the setup it has 2 - 6 pin cables

If you know for sure that the 4 pins are on 12v rails, then by any means do that and hopefully you'll then have all the 12v wattage feeding into the S3, that way you'll have all 4 plugs on the S3 populated (but that does not mean you can OC no end ...!).
If you have a multimeter / voltmeter to hand, measure the voltage on the 4 pin cables ... for your own peace of mind.

vabchgent

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:29:06 PM

pekatete

Thanks

Seeing you seem to be OK powering these up, I concur with tuning in the voltages ...

pekatete
I will give the voltage tweak a try . Usually takes about 4 hrs to downgrade. Thanks

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████

nitrox1

Activity: 28

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 05:41:51 PM

pekatete

Thanks

pekatete
I will give the voltage tweak a try . Usually takes about 4 hrs to downgrade. Thanks

I seem to find the sweet spot after 15min, then seems to run stable. I'm getting as much as 50GH/s for 0.005v, but there are also sweet spots for each frequency too, which maybe the same voltage for the previous frequency.
jjiimm_64
Legendary

Activity: 1876
Merit: 1000

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:03:39 PM

@Bitmain ... this will cause me to replace all my antminers (72Th) with spoondoolies...  the sp20 is much more responsive to voltage changes measured at the wall.

Unless I can see the wattage at the wall go down with a downvolt on the S3.

Jim

1jimbitm6hAKTjKX4qurCNQubbnk2YsFw
dogie
Legendary

Activity: 1666
Merit: 1183

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:55:01 PM

@Bitmain ... this will cause me to replace all my antminers (72Th) with spoondoolies...  the sp20 is much more responsive to voltage changes measured at the wall.

Unless I can see the wattage at the wall go down with a downvolt on the S3.
Jim

There are many many hardware versions of the S3, not all of them support variable voltage AFAIK.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:55:18 PM

do what i did, go to "scheduled tasks" and input this

0 */4 * * * /sbin/reboot

this reboots ur miners every 4 hours or u can select whatever amount to put in, i found they lasted 4 hours and then required a kick in the ass to get the ghs back up there.

I am not really good at linux. Can you please provide instructions on how to do this. After I get to the command prompt of putty.Also is this a known problem with the S3.  Thanks

A reboot wont fix this when the S3 drops a blade, I have to shut down psu for a few seconds and power back up again.

I hope bitmain fixes the dropping of the blades issue.  I have about 2 or 3 drop every day (out of 106)

Which firmware are you dropping blades on?

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 06:57:27 PM

do what i did, go to "scheduled tasks" and input this

0 */4 * * * /sbin/reboot

this reboots ur miners every 4 hours or u can select whatever amount to put in, i found they lasted 4 hours and then required a kick in the ass to get the ghs back up there.

I am not really good at linux. Can you please provide instructions on how to do this. After I get to the command prompt of putty.Also is this a known problem with the S3.  Thanks

A reboot wont fix this when the S3 drops a blade, I have to shut down psu for a few seconds and power back up again.

I hope bitmain fixes the dropping of the blades issue.  I have about 2 or 3 drop every day (out of 106)

Which firmware are you dropping blades on?

I think all mine are on 10.24.....  

edit:  Firmware Version Fri Oct 24 19:46:59 CST 2014

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:57:28 PM

What is your exact PSU?

Yep, PSU problems. Its not sufficient to power an entire S3 as both PCI-E cables are on one rail.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 06:57:43 PM

Hello everyone

Hopefully someone can help me.

I rigged up my first 3 s3's last night and they were running at about 450gh/s, so all OK.

Overnight they all went down to about 200gh/s, so I turned them all off and started them again - they then went up to 450gh/s again.

They have been working for about 4 hours and now one of them has reduced again, but at the moment the other 2 seem to be OK.

Any advise would be great!  They are new from Bitmain yesterday,.

Thanks
Adam

UPDATE- Today so far only 1 of them is doing it, just reducing to about 200gh/s approx. every 4 hours.

What firmware are you on? If its later than 1024 then install 1024 again or my beta firmware.

Can I get some beta testers for a new S3 firmware please? Download link is here, it *should* be good to go but as you know....

Rolls back to the last good patch in Oct (1024), but fixes voltage adjustment and the important reset button. Hopefully.... let me know.

dogie
Legendary

dogiecoin.com

View Profile WWW
December 23, 2014, 07:07:05 PM

Can I get some beta testers for a new S3 firmware please? Download link is here, it *should* be good to go but as you know....

Rolls back to the last good patch in Oct (1024), but fixes voltage adjustment and the important reset button. Hopefully.... let me know.

Hello Dogie.

Could you tell us what version of CGMINER has in this versión of Firmware, please?.

Is posible test the versión 4.8 or 4.9, please?

Best Regards.
Antuam

I'm not sure, someone else will have to answer that for you. First step is getting a stable firmware with working reset button again.

adamg83

Activity: 22

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:21:34 PM

Thanks Dogie.  I'm very new and not very computer literate - I can see how to update the firmware, but where does it tell me the current firmware?

Ta
jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:23:10 PM

Thanks Dogie.  I'm very new and not very computer literate - I can see how to update the firmware, but where does it tell me the current firmware?

Ta

when you first login, the status page will show it.

Status -> Overview

mazedk

Activity: 457
Merit: 250

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:25:49 PM

has anyone used the --log-file options?

I am having issues with one miner, and bitmain support asked me to enable this feature.. doesnt seem to be working very well though..

PARAMS="$AOPTIONS $POOL1 $POOL2 $POOL3 $_pb $_ow $_bec --api-listen --api-network --bitmain-checkn2diff --bitmain-hwerror --log-file /root/cgminer.log -D --version-file /usr/bin/compile_time --queue 4096"
vabchgent

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:27:37 PM
Last edit: December 23, 2014, 07:37:55 PM by vabchgent

I know I am quoting myself but it looks like 0720 is normal voltage for 10/24 firmware running 225 and Dogies 12/19 Firmware at 225 Freq. I will have to let them run for 24hrs and see what happens. Ill keep everyone posted. Thanks  

▄▄██████▄
         ▄▄████████████
   ▄▄█████████▀▀   ▀████
 ▄███████████▄      ████
████▀   ▀▀██████▄▄▄████
████      ▄███████████▄
▀████▄▄▄████████▀▀▀████▄
 ▀███████████▀      ████
 ████▀▀▀██████▄▄   ▄███▀
████      ▀███████████▀
████▄   ▄▄█████████▀▀
 ████████████▀▀
  ▀██████▀▀
█████████████████

███

██████████

██████

███████████

███████████████

███████████████████
█████████████████

███     

██████████

██████     

███████████

███████████████     

███████████████████

jjiimm_64
Legendary

View Profile
December 23, 2014, 07:30:13 PM

I know I am quoting myself but it looks like 0720 is normal voltage for 10/24 firmware running 225 Freq and 0725 for Dogies 12/19 Firmware at 225 Freq looks right. I will have to let them run for 24hrs and see what happens. Might have to go with the 12/19 firmware if everything keeps running okay because it looks like the 12/19 is running better then the 10/24 . Ill keep everyone posted. Thanks  

My question would be, if the wattage is not changing at the wall, is it doing anything at all???

edit: referencing the voltage.. changing the freq definitely changes the watts at the wall

Pages: « 1 ... 372 373 374 375 376 377 378 379 380 381 382 383 384 385 386 387 388 389 390 391 392 393 394 395 396 397 398 399 400 401 402 403 404 405 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 415 416 417 418 419 420 421 [422] 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 430 431 432 433 434 435 436 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 ... 516 »
  Print  

Jump to: