Bitcoin Forum
May 05, 2024, 07:40:25 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701023 times)
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:15:57 AM

So I wake up today, and check my main rig, and it's mining tribus at a really low profit rate £4/day on 4 1080ti rig   Huh
Checking the pool it's near the bottom, with neoscrypt, x17, nist etc all at the top

I have no idea why, tried restarting but it went back to tribus, checked all the algos were selected.
Switching set every 20min at 1% diff.
AM 4.31 using ahashpool.
Benchmarks fine, but redoing them.

Anyone else had issues with AM sticking on one low profit coin for no reason.

Although 4.3.1 by default sets statistics to use 24hrs, if you are getting more often than not erratic switching between algos and you upgraded from previous versions, perhaps checking if you are using current price or 24 hr average price under

Options -> Coins & Profit -> Statistics

using current price tend to have your miners jump between algos more often than you want to. I have mine set at 10min/5% with 24 hr avg price and they would mine for an hour or 2 on average b4 they switch...much much stable since most pools tend to use pplns and I reckon pool hopping too often with low hashrate amateur gpu rigslike mine would do more harm than good to getting paid in revenue.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"In a nutshell, the network works like a distributed timestamp server, stamping the first transaction to spend a coin. It takes advantage of the nature of information being easy to spread but hard to stifle." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:28:13 AM

If I want to add non profit switching pools, do I need to setup,an alternate miner and use that?
Also, is there a way to add profit switching pools that aren’t on the official list?

I don't think so on the non-profit switching pools, you can just use Managed Profit Miners on those pools as well (thus without consuming extra license and still have auto profit switching ability), for example if you are mining pascal nanopool, you just need to make sure you have the algo setup, coins the pool mines setup, pools setup --> group the pools for profit switcher, input whattomine json URL if coin does not exist in AM (ie, not in the predefined  coin list), then AM would use the info to determine profit, say like Pascalcoin, Aeon...for example.

other profit switcher yiimp or unomp pools I have no clue...since there probably isn't a universal api where AM could get profit info from each individual pools, if you are only mining certain algo/coins on those pools, probably setting them as unspecified would work....I just haven't experimented either but would love to try when time permits.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 08:40:35 AM

If I want to add non profit switching pools, do I need to setup,an alternate miner and use that?

If you want to use regular pools, you set up the pool in the Pools tab in the Options.  Then setup a regular Managed Miner, not a Profit Miner.  Assign the pool to the Managed Miner, and off you go.

Also, is there a way to add profit switching pools that aren’t on the official list?

Yes, in a way.  You have to setup all the coins/algorithms for your non supported switching pool as individual pools, then put them in a pool group.  You can then do profit switching on the pool group.  On the Profit Switching tab in options, there is a section for a Custom Pool... you select your newly created pool group.

I did this for all the Suprnova pools.  I setup all the coins that Supernova support as individual pools, put them in a pool group, and now I can do profit switching on Suprnova even though it's not officially supported in AM.  This shows you how flexible AM can be.
miner14

Activity: 32
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:03:34 AM

Although 4.3.1 by default sets statistics to use 24hrs, if you are getting more often than not erratic switching between algos and you upgraded from previous versions, perhaps checking if you are using current price or 24 hr average price under

using current price tend to have your miners jump between algos more often than you want to. I have mine set at 10min/5% with 24 hr avg price and they would mine for an hour or 2 on average b4 they switch...much much stable since most pools tend to use pplns and I reckon pool hopping too often with low hashrate amateur gpu rigslike mine would do more harm than good to getting paid in revenue.

Thanks Moppidoo, never even looked there, this software is so "WinXP" half the stuff I don't know if its settings for information/display purpose or if it's actually changing something - anyhoooo  yes it's on default. Smiley

I'm using a ManagedProfitMiner - but with only one "AhashPool" selected so probably doing it wrong - I'm not totally sure if it's the pool doing the switching, or as AM has that pool integrated if it's doing the switching...

Thanks for the idea, once I have two identical rigs set up I'll try out your suggestion.
(yes was aware of limitations of pplns, hence the trying just one pool for a bit, but thanks for the heads up on that too)
exsexs

Activity: 66

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 11:12:21 AM

I bought premium edition awesome miner and very useful software, but I have a question.
I've a farm and 2 rig at home behind router. I read this link: http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/remotenetworks.aspx , but not working (hamachi). I tryed some ways, but nothing.
Can everyone help me how to set my 2 rig which is outside minig farm's LAN and behind router?

NeoRouter free worked for me.

Can you tell me how?

I installed neorouter server to my farm's admin computer, but can't login. I tryed portforwarding, but nothing.
maix

Activity: 1

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 01:28:06 PM

Hello.
ver 4.3.1
Antminer default pool configuration - does not save configuration (Options -> Rules -> Actions -> Antminer default pools)

https://1.downloader.disk.yandex.ru/preview/f1ec212539e2d1d67837b632c268a24ed3129a3cb11a9de31feecb91e54c074c/inf/FwgATVpg0oTjgx5V0LsTW1GFjzZXoI_mhHGe4Kfgv-fYyg-T_kLusUcq6Q4r7zfWi-wjb4bsCwFlG3VqGrr8yA%3D%3D?uid=0&filename=2018-01-07_16-26-58.png&disposition=inline&hash=&limit=0&content_type=image%2Fpng&tknv=v2&size=XXL&crop=0
robl450

Activity: 126

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:19:22 PM

If you want to use regular pools, you set up the pool in the Pools tab in the Options.  Then setup a regular Managed Miner, not a Profit Miner.  Assign the pool to the Managed Miner, and off you go.

Yes, in a way.  You have to setup all the coins/algorithms for your non supported switching pool as individual pools, then put them in a pool group.  You can then do profit switching on the pool group.  On the Profit Switching tab in options, there is a section for a Custom Pool... you select your newly created pool group.

I did this for all the Suprnova pools.  I setup all the coins that Supernova support as individual pools, put them in a pool group, and now I can do profit switching on Suprnova even though it's not officially supported in AM.  This shows you how flexible AM can be.

or how difficult it can be.  For the predefined pools, you should be able to click new algorithm, specify a port and be done. it makes no sense to have to type in the url every time since that info is already in the system.  Same thing for a custom pool, you should be able to specify once the info and then just add the port for each new one.  Its like an exercise in frustration trying to set this up.
arjclark

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 02:57:36 PM

Loving AM so far. 

I have a quick question though. 

I have some Antminer and GPU rigs offsite, at a place I don't have 24/7 access to, and no access to it's network (They host many other people's rigs for them).  How can I monitor these the best way, such as logging in, resetting pools etc.   

I'm sure it has something to do with VPN access, but especially the Antminer's, how does this work??  I'd love to be able to monitor everything from my house at multiple sites.

Thanks for your help. 

BinaryCrypto

Activity: 7

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 03:56:57 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 04:07:36 PM by BinaryCrypto

What's with the Ikarus virus in the installation of Awesome Miner?  This test is using the official installation provided on their site.

Trojan.Bodegun

Screenshot results:
https://paste.pics/5fb9215e3a834c881b228c3708bdb3e1

Via the VirusTotal website.

Is this due to the type of behavior of the miners or is this an actual infection? Exercise caution.

I am a software developer and here are my additional thoughts:
- Awesome miner could have a virus or backdoor that could activate at any time (and remove your coins).
- Any of the miners that awesome miners uses could have a virus or backdoor that could activate at any time (and awesome miner may not be aware of it).
- Any update to awesome miner could include a virus or backdoor that wasn't there previously.
- Any update to any of the miners that awesome miner uses could include a virus or backdoor that wasn't there previously.
- Ultimate any of the moving parts could play the long game and wait to activate the backdoor and then remove everyone's coins at once.
- Virus scanners aren't very helpful because they can only detect known viruses or certain patterns. It's not likely to catch anything written that is custom.
- There is a lot of money at stake and therefore a lot of motivation to go to great lengths to conceal such an initiative. Just be careful.
- It's not just your wallet you have to worry about, but all your logins to coinbase, binance, etc.
temp2018

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:45:49 PM

I have found hashrate difference for each of the GPU of about 1-2% between what is see on cloud.awesomeminer monitoring page and ccminer cli text screen (minig x17), managed by remote agent. I do not see this with local awesome miner running and its cloud posted data. So with locally manged process (miners) there is almost no difference, but with Remote Agent managed there is. Please advise why this can happen? something wrong with my setup or there is a reason?
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 04:49:21 PM

Is it possible to have AM report all GPU temperatures and trigger defined rules on a rig that does not run any miners triggered by AM? The remote AM client is installed on this PC.

I'm trying to setup one rig with nicehash (NOT the pool) as a baseline so that I can compare the earnings of various miners vs nicehash, but trying to leverage all the nice remote monitoring/managing capabilities of the AM.

Basically, I'd like to see GPU temps through AM app and also reboot/restart if GPU temp goes below certain temp on a PC that is only running nicehash.
streaml1ne

Activity: 32

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 05:52:40 PM

Can we get an upgrade to ccminer 2.2.4 in the next version? It yields a 4-5MH/s increase on my 1080ti. I manually replaced the binary for now but am not sure how to do that for the remote service systems.
RoMiner

Activity: 3

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 06:47:29 PM

Hi guys,
Another new Awesome Miner user here, first of all, thanks Patrike for your software!
Got my rig up and running, no problem there, just a question about the ‘balance’ tab, i cant find any info or example to fill in.
I understand that i need to insert a wallet address (duh) but what is used as ‘label’?
My Litecoin address works good, but not my Ethereum and Bitcoin, it shows update failed.
Any help is much appreciated,
Regards from The Netherlands Grin
evolart

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:11:31 PM

I bought premium edition awesome miner and very useful software, but I have a question.
I've a farm and 2 rig at home behind router. I read this link: http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/remotenetworks.aspx , but not working (hamachi). I tryed some ways, but nothing.
Can everyone help me how to set my 2 rig which is outside minig farm's LAN and behind router?

The way I handled this personally was to use the configuration tool in the Awesome Miner client folder to change the port it runs on for each system and then set up port forwarding on my router/firewall. Not the most secure route but the easiest route indeed.
evolart

Activity: 26

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:14:24 PM

Does anyone here run Awesome Miner interface directly on their rigs? Are there any concerns with doing that? I would like to get it off my primary PC since I like to put it to sleep while at work but I also need the ability to access the interface remotely. I might just go with the cloud route eventually but for now just wondering if there are any potential issues running the interface along with the client.

Additionally, is there a process outlined for migrated Awesome Miner itself to another system while retaining all configuration/benchmarks? I saw the message on Export that stated it's not meant as a backup.
NetWhiz

Activity: 49

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:36:13 PM

I upgraded to Premium to get logging and Afterburner integration. However, now I am finding out that I can not use profiles as needed. It lets me set a profile for each GPU on a rig, but not a group of GPU's.

What I want is the ability to set each GPU to their profile setting 1 for certain coins and profile setting 5 for others (etc). I already have them configured on each machine, but want AM to switch the settings when the coin switches. Can someone point me to information on how to do what I need it to do if possible?

Thank you.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 07:37:49 PM

Can you change the it so the awesome miner remember my miner view option(list, compact list or tiles)? Now it is always on compact list, it is kind of annoying to have to change it everyday.
If you have enabled Performance Mode (Options dialog, Advanced section), Awesome Miner will force compact list every time you start the application - simply because it's most performing if you have a very large number of miners. If you don't have a large number of miners, Performance Mode shouldn't be required at all.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 07:42:03 PM

Thanks Moppidoo, never even looked there, this software is so "WinXP" half the stuff I don't know if its settings for information/display purpose or if it's actually changing something - anyhoooo  yes it's on default. Smiley

I'm using a ManagedProfitMiner - but with only one "AhashPool" selected so probably doing it wrong - I'm not totally sure if it's the pool doing the switching, or as AM has that pool integrated if it's doing the switching...

Thanks for the idea, once I have two identical rigs set up I'll try out your suggestion.
(yes was aware of limitations of pplns, hence the trying just one pool for a bit, but thanks for the heads up on that too)

AHashPool have a number of pools, where each pool do switching within the same algorithm. Awesome Miner will do switching between all these pools at AHashPool, and change algorithm as well if needed.

You previously also had a question on how to see if the profit switcher was selecting the correct pool:
To get insight why the profit switcher selects a specific algorithm, right click on the miner and select View Details and go to the Profit switching tab. Please note that these hashrates and profit estimates are based on what is defined in the Profit profile. They may not match the actual hashrate and profit. If they are not matching, please use the Benchmark feature or manually edit the profit profile to ensure they match, otherwise the profit switcher may select a less profitable pool.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 07, 2018, 07:49:58 PM
Last edit: January 07, 2018, 08:21:40 PM by patrike

Hello.
ver 4.3.1
Antminer default pool configuration - does not save configuration (Options -> Rules -> Actions -> Antminer default pools)

Thanks for reporting - I've corrected this now. The next release will soon be made available

roddy_r

Activity: 9

View Profile
January 07, 2018, 07:53:06 PM

Guys a quick question, my GPUs have an indicated Activity level of between 4% and 10% each in AM. Is this as it should be? had a quick search but couldn't see any obvious threads on the subject. Example; right now I have 5x GTX 1060 6GBs mining NeoScript and AM states 7% Activity and 16% Intensity against each GPU. Any clarification appreciated.

Are you getting the expected hashrate out of your 1060s considering the algorithm and over/underclocks you are running?  If so, then it may be that AM isn't able to read the activity of those cards well.  I've seen this on HWInfo as well.

Thanks for responding, Yes I believe the hash rates are about where they should be. Ill keep an eye on it.
Pages: « 1 ... 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 [191] 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: