Bitcoin Forum
May 14, 2024, 03:54:09 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701182 times)
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:35:14 AM

I've set up a managed miner for cast-xmr and put the pool and wallet address in the pool configuration.  But when I start the miner it says no pool is defined.  Does it not pick the details up from the pool config for cast-xmr?

Can you right-click your stopped miner and run diagnostics?  Post them here, we can help.  I use cast-xmr with no issue, but your pool definition may need some tweaking.
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 04:48:29 AM

Is profit switching supposed to ignore user-defined coins? It always calculates them as $0.00 even though they are the most profitable on the coins tab for the same profit profile Sad

Profit Miners will use the Online Services tab statistics for services like Nicehash, MPH, zpool, etc.  It's only if you activate the custom pool option and of course, a pool group with the coins you want to switch between that AM will use the Coins tab statistics.

User-defined coins need to have all the appropriate data setup in the User Defined Coins section of the Coins & Statistics tab of the Options.  AM depends on this data to help it calculate how much revenue you potentially will generate based upon your hashrate.

Also, if you are going to do profit switching, it's important to do benchmarking so that AM can make some decisions on how much hashrate your rigs will run and compare that to the various coins and algos.
CreamyG31337

Activity: 113
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 05:26:21 AM

Is profit switching supposed to ignore user-defined coins? It always calculates them as $0.00 even though they are the most profitable on the coins tab for the same profit profile Sad

Profit Miners will use the Online Services tab statistics for services like Nicehash, MPH, zpool, etc.  It's only if you activate the custom pool option and of course, a pool group with the coins you want to switch between that AM will use the Coins tab statistics.

User-defined coins need to have all the appropriate data setup in the User Defined Coins section of the Coins & Statistics tab of the Options.  AM depends on this data to help it calculate how much revenue you potentially will generate based upon your hashrate.

Also, if you are going to do profit switching, it's important to do benchmarking so that AM can make some decisions on how much hashrate your rigs will run and compare that to the various coins and algos.

Thanks for the reply. I promise I did all that stuff. The bug is actually that if you specify the value in USD and leave the value in BTC as Zero, the profit miner still uses the 0 BTC to calculate profit, while the coins tab correctly uses the USD. Please verify and fix if possible -- USD has more digits for shitcoins, so I assume it's more accurate to use that.
ex. ITNS: $0.053555 USD / 0.00000386 BTC

Also please let us use cast_xmr in the profit miner in the next release, and update it to 0.81 to fix the bug with the latest AMD drivers. It helps me get rid of one extra template, at least. 0.81 is available on the official website.

http://www.gandalph3000.com/download/cast_xmr-vega-win64_081.zip

BTC tip jar: bc1qtepyll2c9fkn67wpnhunclw4mf39nc2jx79zdh
eminer001

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 08:50:54 AM

A lot of users of AwesomeMiner lost money because miners are not switched if they are not returning anything.

If a miner does not report new hasrate it shoudl be stopped.

A few thousands users of AwesomeMiner are porting that lost a lot of money because NIST5 HASREFINERY bad reporting or unresponsive pools:

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2736744.0

Solution would be to have an ability to switch the mining program if it is not responsive (could not connect because of DDOS or overloaded pool or other hardware errors from the miner).

Also Awesome miner is reporting a lot more than we can actually see in our real daily income fromt he pools. I advise anyone to compute teh real money from the pool every day because the values from Awesome Miner are not the real ones, and you do a lot less money !

I am asking the developers what is their solution on situations like these?

Thank you
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3318
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 09:31:10 AM

Profit Miners will use the Online Services tab statistics for services like Nicehash, MPH, zpool, etc.  It's only if you activate the custom pool option and of course, a pool group with the coins you want to switch between that AM will use the Coins tab statistics.

User-defined coins need to have all the appropriate data setup in the User Defined Coins section of the Coins & Statistics tab of the Options.  AM depends on this data to help it calculate how much revenue you potentially will generate based upon your hashrate.

Thanks for the reply. I promise I did all that stuff. The bug is actually that if you specify the value in USD and leave the value in BTC as Zero, the profit miner still uses the 0 BTC to calculate profit, while the coins tab correctly uses the USD. Please verify and fix if possible -- USD has more digits for shitcoins, so I assume it's more accurate to use that.
ex. ITNS: $0.053555 USD / 0.00000386 BTC

Also please let us use cast_xmr in the profit miner in the next release, and update it to 0.81 to fix the bug with the latest AMD drivers. It helps me get rid of one extra template, at least. 0.81 is available on the official website.

http://www.gandalph3000.com/download/cast_xmr-vega-win64_081.zip
Thanks for reporting this

I will correct the User Defined coins for the USD scenario together with the profit switcher

I will also include Cast XMR 0.8.1. I actually didn't see that one before as their Bitcointalk thread only listed 0.8. It will also be possible to include in the profit switcher, even if it isn't included by default.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:38:43 AM

is there a way to see each and every GPU temp on this screen?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 09:40:56 AM

A lot of users of AwesomeMiner lost money because miners are not switched if they are not returning anything.

A few thousands users of AwesomeMiner are porting that lost a lot of money because NIST5 HASREFINERY bad reporting or unresponsive pools:

Solution would be to have an ability to switch the mining program if it is not responsive (could not connect because of DDOS or overloaded pool or other hardware errors from the miner).

Also Awesome miner is reporting a lot more than we can actually see in our real daily income fromt he pools. I advise anyone to compute teh real money from the pool every day because the values from Awesome Miner are not the real ones, and you do a lot less money !

Thank you
When reading the thread it mainly looks like the pool didn't report the full hashrate, while it from a mining software point of view looked perfectly fine with the hashrate. If the pool also reports that the shares are accepted to the mining software, it will be even more difficult for Awesome Miner to detect that something is wrong.

Awesome Miner itself doesn't have any connection to the pool. It uses the API's for profit information, but often this is a separate server compared to what the mining software connect to. If the API is down is not always the same as the pool itself is down.

Looking at the actual money you make at the pool isn't a fully stable solution either. You can mine a coin where you don't find any blocks for a long time, so you will not get any payouts for a long period of time and it's still fine because when you eventually find a block you get a high payout. In the past it also happens that these pools changes their unit (MH/s vs GH/s) of reporting in their API's, so it's yet another scenario that makes it less stable to react on that from the pool API.

I fully agree that it would make sense if Awesome Miner could detect these scenarios and take action, but we also need to keep in mind that it can be a quite difficult scenario to detect. If Awesome Miner tries to be "too smart", it may give unexpected behaviors as well. I will investigate this further and I'm open for any suggestions. Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 09:42:38 AM

Yes. Please go to Options dialog, General section and set "Temperature display" to "All devices temperatures".

mettalmag
Legendary

Activity: 1084
Merit: 1003

≡v≡

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 09:43:46 AM

Yes. Please go to Options dialog, General section and set "Temperature display" to "All devices temperatures".
Thanks,
I am used to ASCIs and it's perfect, I just added some GPUs and dealing with them now

edited:
I would like to play around with profit switching a bit and was wondering if I can do testing only on one selected rig, or all of them are affected once set up?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 09:45:18 AM

sgminer and compatible templates aren't setting up the api automatically and need  --api-listen added to the command line. Seems to be a bug.
Awesome Miner generates a sgminer configuration file and inside all the API parameters are specified together with pool information. For that reason it's not passed via the command line.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 09:49:43 AM

Hi guys, please help me: how may i see Antminer S9 each chip hashrate and fan speed on the same page on Miners tab, is it possible?

tried to check http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/customizefield.aspx but cannot find fan speed and each chip hashrate there

Fan speed is possible. Please use:
Code:
stats.Fan1 + " / " + stats.Fan2

Individual hash rate is not supported.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 09:55:45 AM
Last edit: January 14, 2018, 10:20:57 AM by patrike

I've been using AM for a month now and I'm absolutely loving it. However, after the latest update (v4.3.2) my miners restart very often. Their Uptimes used to be in hours and even days, whereas now it's a rare occasion to see them reach one full hour.

Specifics:
Running Profit Miners with MPH as the only pool selected. Only allowing two algo's(cryptonight and equihash) And it's not that they would switch between the algos when they restart. They just stop mining Equihash and then start at it again.

I'm facing the same problem, but for me the miners restart exactly every 2.5 minutes and it would happen to all running miners at the same time (GPU and CPU). It's like something is forcing the miners to restart.

Profit switching still works though at the interval that I have set. So the restarts every 2.5 minutes is not due to switching to a different algorithm.

Even with profit switching is off and miners setup to mine one coin only, it would behave the same way.
The general answer first:
A later version of Awesome Miner often includes later versions of the mining software as well and these kind of crashes that happens after a while has often very little to do with Awesome Miner. To troubleshoot, is it a specific software like EWBF or Claymore Cryptonight that is crashing? Is it the only software that is instable, or what about the others?

I did see your previous post that you could see this for both CPU and GPU mining. I would recommend to take a look at the rules you have in Awesome Miner. Also, is this on a remote computer via Remote Agent?

I also noticed few lines of the log file in a previous post, but it was a little too short of information what happend just before those lines. Was it a crash that Awesome Miner detected and simply restarted the mining software? Was it a rule that triggered and forced a restart?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 10:04:13 AM

Hello,
I must do something wrong with adding coin from whattomine...
I want to add Bitsend to the listed coins. What i did :
- Be sure Xevan algorithm is in latest AM --> OK
- Added http://whattomine.com/coins/201.json in the list in Statistics --> OK

On Whattomine website, coin is marked as "Active".
When i click "update" in coins tab, nothing ! I tried quit AM and launch again, still nothing...
What am I missing ?
Awesome Miner didn't process this algorithm correctly from WhatToMine. I've made a correction for it now that will be included in the next release.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
January 14, 2018, 10:05:29 AM

Hello all! Just started mining with AwesomeMiner with MiningPoolHub. It appears that AwseomeMiner isn't switching algos based on my settings. In Options-Profit Switching, I have it set to 45 minutes and my worker is listed correctly (username.worker name) but I've noticed where it will mine the same coin for hours.

In MPH, I have my Worker Login, Worker Password and Job set to 'Account's default job'.

Am I missing something?

Even If I manually stop the miner and restart it, It will go back mining the on the same algo (even if a different one is listed as top one to mine on MiningPoolHub).
To get insight why the profit switcher selects a specific algorithm, right click on the miner and select View Details and go to the Profit switching tab. Please note that these hashrates and profit estimates are based on what is defined in the Profit profile. They may not match the actual hashrate and profit. If they are not matching, please use the Benchmark feature or manually edit the profit profile to ensure they match, otherwise the profit switcher may select a less profitable pool.

eminer001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 10:14:54 AM

Thank you
When reading the thread it mainly looks like the pool didn't report the full hashrate, while it from a mining software point of view looked perfectly fine with the hashrate. If the pool also reports that the shares are accepted to the mining software, it will be even more difficult for Awesome Miner to detect that something is wrong.

Awesome Miner itself doesn't have any connection to the pool. It uses the API's for profit information, but often this is a separate server compared to what the mining software connect to. If the API is down is not always the same as the pool itself is down.

Looking at the actual money you make at the pool isn't a fully stable solution either. You can mine a coin where you don't find any blocks for a long time, so you will not get any payouts for a long period of time and it's still fine because when you eventually find a block you get a high payout. In the past it also happens that these pools changes their unit (MH/s vs GH/s) of reporting in their API's, so it's yet another scenario that makes it less stable to react on that from the pool API.

I fully agree that it would make sense if Awesome Miner could detect these scenarios and take action, but we also need to keep in mind that it can be a quite difficult scenario to detect. If Awesome Miner tries to be "too smart", it may give unexpected behaviors as well. I will investigate this further and I'm open for any suggestions. Thanks!

You are not right. Try to see what happens if one pool is under DDOS attack and no shares are submitted. AwesomeMiner remains stuck for hours with the last value submitted from the report instead of stopping that miner. An option with a value we can configure to disconnect that miner / pool if it does not report any new values for a number of minutes or is reporting the same value, will help us stop loosing thousands of dollars every minute. You have a big responsibility, you know?

What pools do you use that are reliable and with good 24h stat profit ?

Can you please integrate into to software other bigger and more reliable pools?

Also I think price statistics could be improved to take prices from more exchang s with more volume on various less known coins that lead to bad coin mining, is it possible ?
Martimus

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 11:26:52 AM

I have been trying to setup Awesome Miner for a custom pool like altminer, but I just keep getting HTTP Request failed when the miner start. Am I missing something in the pool setup? Pasted the server url like this:eu1.altminer.net:10000, for GoByte coins. Im missing something?

eminer001

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:34:44 PM

We have to avoid issues that recently made thousands of miners loose 100k usd from HashRefinery steal that happened recently. Also AwesomeMiner must take care and avoid this kind of scams.

Check https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2736744.msg28113507#msg28113507
No.15

Activity: 56

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 01:39:58 PM

I am having an issue with one of my miners and because the last issue had nothing to do with AM I will be a little more humble  Embarrassed

the box is running win10, remote AM with a 480 and a furyx with latest amd drivers (I tried blockchain as well)

Problem is about every 5 minutes mining just stops, it just closes on the remote host.  Diagnostics just gives a blank screen.

I have so far changed drivers, uninstalled and reinstalled AMR multiple times and still can't find the issue.

Cards are -15 on power but not overclocked.  They are not overheating either I watched closely.  Windows defender has proper exclusions set and the only other program running is afterburner.

No errors in windows log.  AM will restart itself after a few minutes and go through the whole routine again.

Any clues?
RandomQ

Activity: 826
Merit: 500

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:27:08 PM

I have been trying to setup Awesome Miner for a custom pool like altminer, but I just keep getting HTTP Request failed when the miner start. Am I missing something in the pool setup? Pasted the server url like this:eu1.altminer.net:10000, for GoByte coins. Im missing something?

try stratum+tcp://eu1.altminer.net:10000 instead of eu1.altminer.net:10000
Martimus

Activity: 8

View Profile
January 14, 2018, 03:35:44 PM

Thanks a lot Smiley seemed to help! Last thing - how in the love of god do you setup the balance tab? I cant figure it out..
Pages: « 1 ... 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 [200] 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: