Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 02:55:53 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701066 times)
Zaffor

Activity: 28
Merit: 2

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:40:50 AM

Kindof lost me here, whats the difference between a pool group and MPH or Zpool? I thought these were "pool groups"

A pool group is a set of pools.  They can consist of different algos, or a bunch of pools for one coin (or both)... that part is up to you.   Online Services MPH and Zpool is a single pool with multiple algos/coins.

With a pool group, you can setup your own pseudo-online service, and use profit switching based on the Coins tab... which is whattomine's data.  Whereas with an Online Service, you will use their data.

For me, I have pool groups with maybe the top 5 coins that I really like to mine.  On another pool group I will have a bunch of pools that mine the same coin.  Some of the pools I mine to are dodgy, so if they are offline, AM will go to the next one.

So you just keep the coins or trade/shift them yourself through cryptopia or what not?
I think I follow you now
Thanks
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
puwaha

Activity: 700
Merit: 294

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:24:28 AM

Kindof lost me here, whats the difference between a pool group and MPH or Zpool? I thought these were "pool groups"

A pool group is a set of pools.  They can consist of different algos, or a bunch of pools for one coin (or both)... that part is up to you.   Online Services MPH and Zpool is a single pool with multiple algos/coins.

With a pool group, you can setup your own pseudo-online service, and use profit switching based on the Coins tab... which is whattomine's data.  Whereas with an Online Service, you will use their data.

For me, I have pool groups with maybe the top 5 coins that I really like to mine.  On another pool group I will have a bunch of pools that mine the same coin.  Some of the pools I mine to are dodgy, so if they are offline, AM will go to the next one.

So you just keep the coins or trade/shift them yourself through cryptopia or what not?
I think I follow you now
Thanks

Exactly.  There are tons of different strategies out there.  For me, I usually mine a few speculation coins for a week, then "profitable" coins for about 2 weeks, then finally my favorite coins for a week.  I like to diversify my strategies.

When coins are on a downswing in exchange rate, the difficulty usually follows.  For me, that's when I mine some of those "profitable" coins.  If it's not a total crap coin, it will eventually go back up.  If not, then I cut bait and find another one.

If you dig around enough and hold,  you'll find some winners.  If you sell them all for "profit" as soon as you mine them, you could be dumping what could be a winner later on.  Speculation coins are fun, you never know how they turn out, and you can typically get a giant pile of them in no time.
wildzer0

Merit: 0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:00:41 AM

It looks like it's not possible to use one mining software for the eth dual algos and another for single ethereum. If I disable "Ethereum" for the standard Claymore miner and enable it for another, it always uses the same one for all algos.
Mandeep148

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 11:09:14 AM

hi,
im getting this issue im not able to mine..
[2018-01-30 10:39:17] API open locally in full access mode on port 4068
[2018-01-30 10:39:47] ...retry after 30 seconds

i can only mine equahash but when neoscript or ccminer comes i see this msg,
please help me...
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:31:14 PM

It looks like it's not possible to use one mining software for the eth dual algos and another for single ethereum. If I disable "Ethereum" for the standard Claymore miner and enable it for another, it always uses the same one for all algos.

Hi,

are you using profit miner or managed miner? If you are using profit miner and have compatible API/Command Line miner where it shows up in the Profit Profile of your configured Profit Miner, it should be easy. (apologies, I have not experimented with SW without the API and CMD compatibility but supposedly a good fiddle around should get that working too)

So assuming the conditions meet, in the above, you need to enable the Ethereum algorithm for both softwares in Options -> Managed Softwares

Then you need to enable both softwares in Profit Profile in Mining software section.

Next You use the up and down arrow to order the priority of the mining software, put your Eth Only software on top of Claymore Dual, and you should be good to go.

AM should now mine exclusive Eth only with your Eth Only software, and still do Dual Mining with Claymore.

If you use Managed Miner instead of Profit Miner, you should utilize the Templates feature to achieve the above.
moppidoo

Activity: 348
Merit: 5

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 12:37:37 PM

hi,

please help me...

does it happen with all ccminer algos? if using profit miner, go edit profit profile to only enable ccMiner, then at Miner's tab on main window, right click miner -> Diagnostics...

This would give a more detailed output as to where the mining process encountered the error, post it here (feel free to edit out your username/wallet address) so ppl can help pinpoint the issue.
wildzer0

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:26:47 PM

Hi,

are you using profit miner or managed miner? If you are using profit miner and have compatible API/Command Line miner where it shows up in the Profit Profile of your configured Profit Miner, it should be easy. (apologies, I have not experimented with SW without the API and CMD compatibility but supposedly a good fiddle around should get that working too)

So assuming the conditions meet, in the above, you need to enable the Ethereum algorithm for both softwares in Options -> Managed Softwares

Then you need to enable both softwares in Profit Profile in Mining software section.

Next You use the up and down arrow to order the priority of the mining software, put your Eth Only software on top of Claymore Dual, and you should be good to go.

AM should now mine exclusive Eth only with your Eth Only software, and still do Dual Mining with Claymore.

If you use Managed Miner instead of Profit Miner, you should utilize the Templates feature to achieve the above.

It's a profit miner. The miners are API compatible and they both show up in the Profit Profile. The only enabled algorithm for the custom miner is "Ethereum", all others are set to disabled. The custom miner is above the standard miner in the Profit Profile, so it should be used for Ethereum only. However, the custom miner is used even for Blake 2b and LBRY, even though those are set to "disabled" in the custom miner config.

I have various miners and setting a specific miner for a specific algoritum works fine in general, but not for the dual algos it seems.

Mandeep148

Activity: 47

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 01:43:54 PM

hi,

please help me...

does it happen with all ccminer algos? if using profit miner, go edit profit profile to only enable ccMiner, then at Miner's tab on main window, right click miner -> Diagnostics...

This would give a more detailed output as to where the mining process encountered the error, post it here (feel free to edit out your username/wallet address) so ppl can help pinpoint the issue.
yes, every miner same issue except equahash,
this is what i got in diagnostics report,
sir please help me, really need help..
Starting Diagnostics. Awesome Miner version: 4.4
Starting Mining Software
Setting up Miner Engine. Instance: 1
Engine Type: CcMiner, Auto Download: True, EnginePath: , Subtype: Disabled, CustomExecutable:
Added rule for: (DELETED)
C:\Users\Mandeep Singh\AppData\Local\AwesomeMiner\ccminer-2.2.4_1\ccminer-x64-2.2.4-cuda9\ccminer-x64.exe  -a neoscrypt -o stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:12012 -u mandeep148.awesomeminer -p x -b 0.0.0.0:4028   (WindowMode: ConsoleFormat, EngineType: CcMiner, IsProfitMiner: True)
Configuration:

Mining Engine Process started, PID: 7712

====================================================================================================
> *** ccminer 2.2.4 for nVidia GPUs by tpruvot@github ***
>     Built with VC++ 2013 and nVidia CUDA SDK 9.0 64-bits
>
>   Originally based on Christian Buchner and Christian H. project
>   Include some kernels from alexis78, djm34, djEzo, tsiv and krnlx.
>
> BTC donation address: 1AJdfCpLWPNoAMDfHF1wD5y8VgKSSTHxPo (tpruvot)
>
> [2018-01-30 19:10:43] Starting on stratum+tcp://hub.miningpoolhub.com:12012
> [2018-01-30 19:10:43] NVML GPU monitoring enabled.
> [2018-01-30 19:10:43] NVAPI GPU monitoring enabled.
> [2018-01-30 19:10:43] 4 miner threads started, using 'neoscrypt' algorithm.
> [2018-01-30 19:10:43] ...retry after 30 seconds
> [2018-01-30 19:10:44] API open to the network in read-only mode on port 4028

====================================================================================================
Stopping miner process ...
Stopping Mining Software
Diagnostics completed
soothaa

Activity: 1151
Merit: 528

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 02:35:29 PM

Patrike the HTTP API coin setting is wonderful, thank you very much. I am making extensive use of it.

As another line item, can you please add the ability to create new coins via the API as well? The plugins I'm writing/hope to be distributing sorely need it.

Something along the lines of:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/coins/NEW?longname=COIN_NAME&shortname=CNNME&algo=skein

Thank you!
Quoting hoping for integration  Grin
Quoting hoping for integration  Grin

Want increased coin support within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for nearly any coin! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=2979494
Want Masternode income stats within AwesomeMiner? Try my free plugin to add support for them! https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=3047367
rafaeldelrey

Activity: 31

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 03:35:17 PM

for 24 hour profitability settings, why would you not set it to 1 minute or 5 minutes?  It doesn't switch very often anyway.  The problem I have with that at least on my system is it will basically just mine bitcore forever.

From my experience you need to be careful when selecting pools for this. AHashpool is most reliable in terms of not experiencing / showing crazy spikes, while zpool and MHP are the worst.

In my experience, ahashpool stats are totally misleding.  I deactivated it from my profit switch.
Seanklei10

Activity: 74

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:03:56 PM

Hi all,

Just started checking out this software and have a question about the "online services" tab.   It appears that most are listed as 24hr actual, which is awesome...But I'm curious about mining pool hub.  It doesn't say if that's current or 24hr actual...The reason I ask is that is REALLY seems to move a lot when it updates...so I'm guessing that one is a "current profit" ?

You are correct.  Yiimp style pools like zpool or ahashpool provide 24hr actual in their APIs.

I understand how to add a custom coin profile, however when you set the btc/gh rate its just static. A lot of yiimp style pools have the API to read the 24hr actual, is there anyway to allow that to update from an API pull on a custom pool?

If the pool mines a coin that doesn't come out of the box in AM, you go to the Coins & Profit tab in the options and define a new user defined coin.  Then on the Statistics tab, you can add the coin's JSON URL from Whattomine (if it exists) to help AM glean information about this coin.

Thanks that worked perfectly. I am having an issue now in my custom pools, I select a different pool from options yet it still keeps mining a pool I have already deleted. I have restarted both awesome miner and the entire system. Any ideas how to fix this?

Also, if I make a custom group of pools that all have JSON info in them, can awesome miner automatically switch between miners in that group?
akhouston

Activity: 10
Merit: 1

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 04:36:44 PM

AM's whole point is to try to keep your rigs doing what they do best... mining.  You can get really complex with your automation, or keep it simple.  That part is up to you.

If your mining software stalls or crashes, your should troubleshoot why that is happening.  Maybe the mining software is buggy, you might have driver issues, a bad riser, or power supply issues?  Trying to force AM to compensate for these problems will always have you going down a rabbit hole of trying to resolve edge cases.

Right, but if I'm away for some time I also want it to keep mining until I'm able to troubleshoot, hence the question. Good point about changing pools rule, I need to look into that further.
slysir

Activity: 51

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:14:20 PM

Here is the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG16ENVpQlg

p.s. @patrike I mentioned this bug on here a few months ago and haven't had any luck.  It has spanned multiple versions of the software - both primary and the remote agent have been updated several times with the bug never going away.

Jeez...I have this right now too.. So bloody annoying!  I want to clear out the hosts and create new ones.  They are f'd up!  Anyone know how to delete hosts?  Haven't found a way yet.  I was in the ConfigData.xml and found the hosts, I tried deleting them but they came back.

JJ

Hi JJ,

I'm curious as to what makes you think it is hosts related?   I've tried mapping to IP addresses without using host names and it still does it.

Sorry that you have the same bug... fingers crossed Patrike can help

Just want to confirm for Patrike that I have had the same bugs: touch one miner and another miner stops then the Start button does nothing and have to click on Properties tab and click OK to restart the miner. I have 18 miners working and this only happens with a few.

I have tried everything you did and maybe more....no luck.
CrypotoCreanis

Activity: 124
Merit: 10

Don’t do a screen name after 4 glasses of Chianti

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 05:24:33 PM

Anyone have tips on getting MultiPool profit per day estimates to work in profit switching (asic)
yhbae

Activity: 119

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 06:27:07 PM

I've been scanning through the AM API interface and I'm getting the impression that it might be possible to code something so that I can throttle GPU clocks to control them at certain temperatures...

I'm wondering if I can keep all GPUs to stay under 70C, while getting the power up to 90% and Core Clock up to +50. Obviously then each GPU will have different power/core values...

Would this be possible? Thanks!
akadamson

Activity: 140
Merit: 18

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 07:40:56 PM

Can someone suggest a *NOOB* starting setup that will be a good example around profit mining.

I did the obvious and enabled everything and let 6 1080Ti's run for 2 days.  But with all the coin conversion costs  and pool fees, I made less than I made just mining ZEC on Flypool with the same setup.  Wasn't expecting that.

The numbers suggested the completely opposite that just simply didn't work out.

So, lets get a little more real.  What would you suggest as a starting point?

Thanks in advance,
yrk1957

Activity: 529
Merit: 29

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 08:53:34 PM

Can someone suggest a *NOOB* starting setup that will be a good example around profit mining.

I did the obvious and enabled everything and let 6 1080Ti's run for 2 days.  But with all the coin conversion costs  and pool fees, I made less than I made just mining ZEC on Flypool with the same setup.  Wasn't expecting that.

The numbers suggested the completely opposite that just simply didn't work out.

So, lets get a little more real.  What would you suggest as a starting point?

Thanks in advance,

Alas, I have the same experience. The in-built profit switching and in-built pool seems highly in-accurate. I also did better when doing only ZEC.

But aside from that, AM is great for managing multiple rigs. You just need to decide on your own where to mine and when to switch.

My two cents...
sereupin

Activity: 63

View Profile
January 30, 2018, 10:25:24 PM

Hi all, I am new here and I am looking for some kind and usefull real advice and setting for my first rig: rig has 8 1080ti ..

First of all, do i need to install cuda 9.1 drivers and then also normal nvidia driver? or better to install and use only the latest nvidia driver?

Secondly and more important, I would like to understand what is better and more profitable way with my RIG.
For example, what mining software are the best for each coin? and wich algo is good to mine and wich ones isn't good for nvidia?
THan, I am wrong to think that every coin has a different best mining software to use?

Then, I am trying to use the profit switching on some multipool.. i notice that if i use "current" instead "24 h" profitability, it starts to stop and start often.. it doesn't appear too slow but i am not able to understand if it is not the right way to follow..

If i continue to update the values on multipools, i see prices grow and decrease.. when i see 100$ i stop the miner and start so it start to mine the 100$ coin.. but it is for some minutes and it drops often at 20$.. from "big earn" to "big loss"..
It means that I did not configure very well.. that's why I am here and asking for a kind help...

Thank you very much..
Mr.Spider703

Activity: 392
Merit: 27

http://radio.r41.ru

View Profile WWW
January 30, 2018, 10:52:15 PM

Hi all, I am new here and I am looking for some kind and usefull real advice and setting for my first rig: rig has 8 1080ti ..

First of all, do i need to install cuda 9.1 drivers and then also normal nvidia driver? or better to install and use only the latest nvidia driver?

Secondly and more important, I would like to understand what is better and more profitable way with my RIG.
For example, what mining software are the best for each coin? and wich algo is good to mine and wich ones isn't good for nvidia?
THan, I am wrong to think that every coin has a different best mining software to use?

Then, I am trying to use the profit switching on some multipool.. i notice that if i use "current" instead "24 h" profitability, it starts to stop and start often.. it doesn't appear too slow but i am not able to understand if it is not the right way to follow..

If i continue to update the values on multipools, i see prices grow and decrease.. when i see 100$ i stop the miner and start so it start to mine the 100$ coin.. but it is for some minutes and it drops often at 20$.. from "big earn" to "big loss"..
It means that I did not configure very well.. that's why I am here and asking for a kind help...

Thank you very much..
first - install last driver nvidia, it is stable all work
second - by default in the program settings are already specified on which algorithms and which miner to work, there is no sense to change them, except if you add your own miner that is not in the software, for example, the SP-mod
 i use "24 h" profitability and she completely suits me
in the program itself there is a benchmark, pass it on all the algorithms marked in the program, the program will choose the one that is more advantageous for it. I have 3*1060 and one 1080 = for them on the current day more profitable phi and neoscrypt
sidog

Activity: 75
Merit: 10

View Profile
January 31, 2018, 12:33:33 AM

I've been scanning through the AM API interface and I'm getting the impression that it might be possible to code something so that I can throttle GPU clocks to control them at certain temperatures...

I'm wondering if I can keep all GPUs to stay under 70C, while getting the power up to 90% and Core Clock up to +50. Obviously then each GPU will have different power/core values...

Would this be possible? Thanks!

Unless i'm missing something here, can't you do all that via MSI Afterburner?   AM does have Remote Server integration, but Remote Server does not have temperature control.
Pages: « 1 ... 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 [220] 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 259 260 261 262 263 264 265 266 267 268 269 270 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: