Bitcoin Forum
May 21, 2024, 11:48:32 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 646 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 701262 times)
Anamorphic

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 06, 2019, 09:13:44 PM

Hey Patrike,
Is there a way to set the Global Electricity Price (per kWh) via HTTP API?
Thank you!
There are no feature to set the value via API today.

You can set the price via the Rules, where you can use the Action called Set Property. You can for example use the rules to define different electricity prices depending on time or day. Rule actions can also be triggered via the API if needed.

I do understand this doesn't give as much flexibility as having an API method for setting an exact price from an external application. Please let me know if you still prefer the API method and I will look into supporting it when possible. Thanks!
Hey Patrike,

If you could add it to your ever expanding "to-do list" that would be awesome! That would help me a lot!

Here in Texas we have the option to go with a variable rate electricity plan that changes the price per kWh every 5 minutes. I'm currently monitoring the real-time price and have different rules and profiles setup in AM for my miners. For example, if the price per kWh goes crazy, up to say $1.00 /kWh, then my mine basically shuts down until the price drops. If the price goes negative (which happens often at night), the miners will overclock and go nuts!

One more thought that might open up a whole new world of possibilities for AM: What if you gave us the option to pass a variable into AM via API that could be used elsewhere in the application? Maybe just a few empty variable slots (Var1, Var2, Var3, etc.) then those variables could be used as "Triggers" inside a rule. Just a thought.

Thanks again!
The API method for electricity price should be possible to include in the near future as it's only a matter of exposing a feature already available.

Thanks for the suggestion about variables, that would make sense as well. Another concept available already today via the triggers are Miner Tags. You can set Tags on miners via the API and you can have trigger looking at certain tags.
A short update about the API method for setting the global electricity price:
POST http://mypc:17790/api/settings/electricity_price?value=0.075
This feature is available in Awesome Miner 6.5.3

You're awesome! Thank you SOOO much Patrike!!!!
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

Activity: 2086
Merit: 2252

EIN: 82-3893490

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 01:38:26 AM

does AM properly support the bw L21 miners? my AM detected the miners and shows that they are mining but the stats are all wrong - no temps, doesnt show pool info, the accepted shares are in the trillions with zero rejected and zero hw errors - it also does not show the hash rate.
This miner is supported, at least previous revisions of it.

Even in the past this ASIC has always reported crazy number for the total number or share and total hashrate. What Awesome Miner do is to detect that it's a miner of this kind and then recalculate everything based on each individual ASIC device to get numbers that are accurate.

It might be that more recent revisions of this ASIC is a bit different and Awesome Miner isn't able to detect it correctly. Could you please send me the API report (toolbar: Tools -> API Report) via mail or PM and I will see what changes they might have introduced and how to do another workaround. Thanks!

pm sent with the API log

Mine BTC @ kano.is
Offering escrow services https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5154480
All Bitcoin 3D printing needs at CryptoCloaks
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3332
Merit: 1094

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 11:18:03 AM

does AM properly support the bw L21 miners? my AM detected the miners and shows that they are mining but the stats are all wrong - no temps, doesnt show pool info, the accepted shares are in the trillions with zero rejected and zero hw errors - it also does not show the hash rate.

Even in the past this ASIC has always reported crazy number for the total number or share and total hashrate. What Awesome Miner do is to detect that it's a miner of this kind and then recalculate everything based on each individual ASIC device to get numbers that are accurate.

It might be that more recent revisions of this ASIC is a bit different and Awesome Miner isn't able to detect it correctly. Could you please send me the API report (toolbar: Tools -> API Report) via mail or PM and I will see what changes they might have introduced and how to do another workaround. Thanks!

pm sent with the API log
Perfect - thanks for the log!

I had to make a small adjustment to get Awesome Miner to detect this miner as a BW-L21. Once that detection was updated, it shows up fine.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 11:55:22 AM

pm sent with the API log

I had to make a small adjustment to get Awesome Miner to detect this miner as a BW-L21. Once that detection was updated, it shows up fine.

nice! so in a future update?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 05:46:50 PM

pm sent with the API log

nice! so in a future update?
Yes, it will be included in the next release.

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 05:59:06 PM

thank you Patrike

also, I have not read all the back posts - have you managed a way to get ssh into the bitmain miners yet? or have they released a firmware allowing it?

Mine BTC @ kano.is
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 07:20:21 PM

thank you Patrike

also, I have not read all the back posts - have you managed a way to get ssh into the bitmain miners yet? or have they released a firmware allowing it?
There are no solution to the SSH limitations yet and it looks like Bitmain are continuing to release new firmware with SSH disabled. I've been trying to get Bitmain to implement a setting to enable Privileged API access, but unfortunately no progress on that request either.

A while ago I added the features to set Default Pools and Reboot by connecting to the Antminer web interface instead of SSH - but those where just workarounds for the fact that SSH wasn't available.

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 07, 2019, 10:31:48 PM

thank you Patrike

There are no solution to the SSH limitations yet and it looks like Bitmain are continuing to release new firmware with SSH disabled. I've been trying to get Bitmain to implement a setting to enable Privileged API access, but unfortunately no progress on that request either.

A while ago I added the features to set Default Pools and Reboot by connecting to the Antminer web interface instead of SSH - but those where just workarounds for the fact that SSH wasn't available.

ahh ok - the BW L21 miners are also API restricted as well Sad

Mine BTC @ kano.is
nordmann666

Activity: 361
Merit: 16

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 06:59:57 AM

latest version with a minor and a major problem

1. Awesomeminer shows me wrong GPU if i dont use all GPU´s

for example my 8 card Vega Rig:
TRM 0.5.0(also on 0.5.1)
-d 0 -> it show a not active card but i see shares in "Progress" tab
https://ibb.co/rZBzR4R

-d 0,1,2,3 -> 2 cards are maped correctly but two cards in the list are not active
https://ibb.co/bBchQvT

2. if i use awesomeminer the rig dont find shares after some minutes - some minutes later the whole rig is not reachable anymore
the same thing with SRBMiner
i DDU drivers and reinstall - underclock every card and put mv to 950 (instead of 860-880mv the last weeks/month works perfectly) ---- only solution i found out today...not using awesome miner - means -> i start TRM with normal batch on the Rig and dont have any problems

is there any way to disable something (or start debug log) in awesomeminer to verify that it could be a problem with the agent or api or whatever?
GKumaran

Activity: 204
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 08:41:56 AM

TRM 0.5.0(also on 0.5.1)

-d 0,1,2,3 -> 2 cards are maped correctly but two cards in the list are not active

2. if i use awesomeminer the rig dont find shares after some minutes - some minutes later the whole rig is not reachable anymore
i DDU drivers and reinstall - underclock every card and put mv to 950 (instead of 860-880mv the last weeks/month works perfectly) ---- only solution i found out today...not using awesome miner - means -> i start TRM with normal batch on the Rig and dont have any problems

is there any way to disable something (or start debug log) in awesomeminer to verify that it could be a problem with the agent or api or whatever?

I use TRM and AM.

1. use TRM with --bus_reorder and then map the GPU in AM in the ascending order of the PCI BUS ID.
This worked for me, cause Default TRM uses Opencl order, --bus_reorder uses BusID order and AM uses the driver order by default.

2. Right click the miner and select view details -> process information. Verfiy that the command line param are correct.
Right click the miner in AM and select diagnostics -> u should be able to see what went wrong. I can personally confirm that TRM and SRB works fine on my remote 6x Vega Rig for months.
nordmann666

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 09:07:10 AM

TRM 0.5.0(also on 0.5.1)

I use TRM and AM.

1. use TRM with --bus_reorder and then map the GPU in AM in the ascending order of the PCI BUS ID.
This worked for me, cause Default TRM uses Opencl order, --bus_reorder uses BusID order and AM uses the driver order by default.

2. Right click the miner and select view details -> process information. Verfiy that the command line param are correct.
Right click the miner in AM and select diagnostics -> u should be able to see what went wrong. I can personally confirm that TRM and SRB works fine on my remote 6x Vega Rig for months.

i have other rigs that also work...but like you can see at the screenshots (the links) that it dont matter to use or not use bus-reorder...Awesomeminer show me wrong GPU and after 10-30 minutes no shares and TRM and SRB stop working and i cant close or restart or reboot or anything...i have to power off and restart

without using Awesomeminer (and using same parameters in batch, that i use in awesomeminer) it workes for hours now
GKumaran

Activity: 204

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 09:42:22 AM
Last edit: June 08, 2019, 05:00:25 PM by GKumaran

Awesome miner could add support for device selection in TRM, as currently using the device selection doesnt add the correspondin '-d ' command to the miner. That may solve ur issues.

As for the crashes, I have no clue, mine works fine. Which algo and clocks/timing are you running?

Edit: @Patrik : would be possible to intergrate device selection and builtin watchdog( --watchdog_script=X.bat ) to TRM, the script could be almost same as the SRB one that u have intergrated in AM. Cheesy
nordmann666

View Profile
June 08, 2019, 11:41:55 AM

Awesome miner could add support for device selection in TRM, as currently using the device selection doesnt add the correspondin '-d ' command to the miner. That may solve ur issues.

As for the crashes, I have no clue, mine works fine. Which algo and clocks/timing are you running?

no clock or mv problem - manual start of TRM in rig works fine
MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2019, 07:02:29 PM

another question, I have asked before but I cannot figure it out --

how do I set different profit profiles for my SHA256 miners? I have tried adding additional ones but whatever I set for one SHA256 miner it sets all of the SHA256 miners to the same one. This does not work for me as some are S9's (all of which do not use the same power) some are T15's and some are T17's --- all of them use different amounts of electricity and I would like to set it for each one separately.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2019, 10:17:52 PM

TRM 0.5.0(also on 0.5.1)

I use TRM and AM.

i have other rigs that also work...but like you can see at the screenshots (the links) that it dont matter to use or not use bus-reorder...Awesomeminer show me wrong GPU and after 10-30 minutes no shares and TRM and SRB stop working and i cant close or restart or reboot or anything...i have to power off and restart

without using Awesomeminer (and using same parameters in batch, that i use in awesomeminer) it workes for hours now
Hi,
Please us the "Map to system monitoring" dialog to change the order of the cards using the Up and Down arrow. In your first screenshot I think you should put Device#7 on top for example.

For the mining related issues and the command line - is the Diagnostics output (click the Diagnostics button in the toolbar) in Awesome Miner giving the exact same command line arguments as you have in your batch file? The Diagnostics will show exactly how Awesome Miner started the mining software and it will include both the command line arguments generated by Awesome Miner in combination with any manual commands you added.

You could also try to launch the mining software via Awesome Miner - then close down Remote Agent when the mining has started. Do you still get the crashes?

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2019, 10:28:33 PM

Edit: @Patrik : would be possible to intergrate device selection and builtin watchdog( --watchdog_script=X.bat ) to TRM, the script could be almost same as the SRB one that u have intergrated in AM. Cheesy
I will look into the device selection for TRM.

For watchdog script - I can look into that as well - but do you have any example of what the script would do in the TRM scenario?
For SrbMiner it's needed for terminating the SrbMiner process - in order to let Awesome Miner restart the mining process instead.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 08, 2019, 10:31:29 PM

how do I set different profit profiles for my SHA256 miners? I have tried adding additional ones but whatever I set for one SHA256 miner it sets all of the SHA256 miners to the same one. This does not work for me as some are S9's (all of which do not use the same power) some are T15's and some are T17's --- all of them use different amounts of electricity and I would like to set it for each one separately.
First of all you need more than one profit profile. Please make sure you define for example a S9 and T15 profile in the Options dialog, Profit profile section, where you can add additional profiles. Each profile are configured independently, making it possible for you to specify one hashrate+power for the S9 profile and completely different numbers for the T15 profile.

In the Properties for a miner, you can then select if it should use the S9 profile or the T15 profile as "Profit profile".

MoparMiningLLC
aka Stryfe
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 09, 2019, 12:13:25 AM
Last edit: June 09, 2019, 12:25:41 AM by Stryfe

First of all you need more than one profit profile. Please make sure you define for example a S9 and T15 profile in the Options dialog, Profit profile section, where you can add additional profiles. Each profile are configured independently, making it possible for you to specify one hashrate+power for the S9 profile and completely different numbers for the T15 profile.

In the Properties for a miner, you can then select if it should use the S9 profile or the T15 profile as "Profit profile".

Maybe that is my issue - what I do is click on the miner, right click to get "Edit Profit Profile..." option and then on that screen that comes up (algorithms), I created additional SHA-256 items there with different speeds etc but it always assigns the same one to all the miners. When I go thru the way you said, it works fine. I believe you told me this before but I misunderstood - thanks!

nvm... i did this and created multiple profit profiles and set them but I dont see how to select them for the miner... i go thru the motions but it still shows no stats and now my power usage is zero.

and nvm again lol I found it, I have to go to External Miners after creating the profiles, then I can assign the miners to the profile. so now much better.

Mine BTC @ kano.is
toptek12

Activity: 123

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 06:31:51 AM

Just asking I guess awesome miner doesn't Support AMD Radeon VII ?. I don't expect it to be added right now just want to know.
it only shows the hash rate no fan speed, temps etc.

nordmann666

View Profile
June 09, 2019, 10:18:16 AM

TRM 0.5.0(also on 0.5.1)

I use TRM and AM.

Hi,
Please us the "Map to system monitoring" dialog to change the order of the cards using the Up and Down arrow. In your first screenshot I think you should put Device#7 on top for example.

For the mining related issues and the command line - is the Diagnostics output (click the Diagnostics button in the toolbar) in Awesome Miner giving the exact same command line arguments as you have in your batch file? The Diagnostics will show exactly how Awesome Miner started the mining software and it will include both the command line arguments generated by Awesome Miner in combination with any manual commands you added.

You could also try to launch the mining software via Awesome Miner - then close down Remote Agent when the mining has started. Do you still get the crashes?

without the agent it works...will fresh install this rig again
Pages: « 1 ... 437 438 439 440 441 442 443 444 445 446 447 448 449 450 451 452 453 454 455 456 457 458 459 460 461 462 463 464 465 466 467 468 469 470 471 472 473 474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483 484 485 486 [487] 488 489 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 503 504 505 506 507 508 509 510 511 512 513 514 515 516 517 518 519 520 521 522 523 524 525 526 527 528 529 530 531 532 533 534 535 536 537 ... 646 »
  Print  

Jump to: