Bitcoin Forum
April 20, 2024, 03:55:06 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 645 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 200000 miners  (Read 700833 times)
patrike (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 3290
Merit: 1084

View Profile WWW
August 08, 2014, 04:13:23 PM

Ok, I enable the TMB single-coin pool, but do u have to insert the coin/port for example Veilcoin into your pools?
Yes, what you need to do is
1) In Options->Pools, add a new pool that we can call "TradeMyBit Veilcoin" or similar. Put in correct URL and worker name.
2) Go to the tab "Pool Groups" and edit "Awesome Profit Group" (or the group that is used by your miner).
3) Put a check mark for the pool "TradeMyBit Veilcoin".
4) Next time you start your miner, it should automatically add this pool.
5) If the miner is already running, simply use the "Add pool(s)" menu to add it, so you don't need to restart the miner.

One little odd thing , is that I use for nist5 (I=18) and the other algo using xIntensity, somehow when I switch to nist 5 , it never change to intensity, only using xIntensity.
I see that your profile name is "Nist5 ", ending with a space. Could you try to remove the space to see if it makes any difference?

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"You Asked For Change, We Gave You Coins" -- casascius
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Axiste

Activity: 152
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 08, 2014, 11:51:16 PM

installed Awesome Miner last night, works great, waiting on CoinJar to clear my deposit so I can get enough coins for a Pro license. Currently using it with an Antminer S1, a remote BFGminer with an Antminer U1, and have a RasPi running Hashra to add once I get the license. Love your work

If my advice has helped you out, feel free to throw some Satoshi's my way!
BTC: 1Nq7hrRDamdnNiTBaFxEn5DuZYS9kD3tbJ
Running a Full Node Smiley
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 09, 2014, 07:44:32 PM

installed Awesome Miner last night, works great, waiting on CoinJar to clear my deposit so I can get enough coins for a Pro license. Currently using it with an Antminer S1, a remote BFGminer with an Antminer U1, and have a RasPi running Hashra to add once I get the license. Love your work
Great! I'm currently working on adding better support for BfgMiner. Just let me know if you run into any issues. Thanks!

Awesome Miner - Complete solution to manage and monitor mining operations of ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Optimized Antminer firmware - Increased hashrate, improved power efficiency and more features. For S9, S9i, S9j, T9+, L3+, S17, S17 Pro, S17+, T17, T17+, S19, S19 Pro, S19j, S19j Pro, T19
Up to 200,000 miners | Notifications | Native overclocking | Profit switching | Customizable rules | API | Windows application | Mobile web
coinme.info

Activity: 297
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:46:22 PM

Hi Patrike,

Came across this yesterday and installed the free version.

Liked it so much I've now purchased the 10 miner license.

This software is just Awesome, as the name suggests.

Keep up the good work.

I recommend checking it out Awesome Miner if you have multiple miners and want to manage them all from one app.
Axiste

View Profile
August 12, 2014, 07:50:50 PM

Yup, finally got my Pro license, love this program, works a treat!

bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 03:17:45 AM

This looks great...  I'm assuming that there is no Nvidia support?
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 14, 2014, 06:47:53 PM

Not at the moment - mainly because cudaminer and ccminer doesn't provide any API's. Because of this it is difficult to get all nice statistics that most people are used to. The number of operations you can perform on the miner will also be very limited.

If there are many users interested in nVidia support, I can go ahead with the implementation.

I think I can manage to get the following for nVidia in Awesome Miner:
- Start / Stop / Restart miner via Awesome Miner
- Current hash rate
- Current Accepted / Rejected
- Current profit
- Automatic restart crashed miner
- Change pool (will restart miner and change)
- A specific nVidia version of the Awesome Profit Switching feature, that automatically switches between multiple multipools.

This is still very limited compared to all the things Awesome Miner can do with Cgminer and Sgminer.

bmoscato

Activity: 361
Merit: 267

View Profile
August 14, 2014, 11:50:56 PM

Not at the moment - mainly because cudaminer and ccminer doesn't provide any API's. Because of this it is difficult to get all nice statistics that most people are used to. The number of operations you can perform on the miner will also be very limited.

If there are many users interested in nVidia support, I can go ahead with the implementation.

I think I can manage to get the following for nVidia in Awesome Miner:
- Start / Stop / Restart miner via Awesome Miner
- Current hash rate
- Current Accepted / Rejected
- Current profit
- Automatic restart crashed miner
- Change pool (will restart miner and change)
- A specific nVidia version of the Awesome Profit Switching feature, that automatically switches between multiple multipools.

This is still very limited compared to all the things Awesome Miner can do with Cgminer and Sgminer.

Thanks for the reply, the only reason I asked is that I use AMD at work, but my home PC's are all NVidia.

That said, now I’m trying to figure out what I need to buy (Awesome Miner Edition) to monitor Profit Switching from a master PC.

I have 2 PCs that are dedicated to running X11 with R9 280X cards in them.  I’m able to get the PCs mining with Awesome Miner using SGMiner.  I want to manage both of these PCs from my main PC, just like managing an S1 or S3 unit.  Is this possible?  I installed the miner remote agent on the mining computers, but I cannot get a connection to them from my main PC.  Firewall is off and the units are all on the same subnet.
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 15, 2014, 06:09:04 AM

I have 2 PCs that are dedicated to running X11 with R9 280X cards in them.  I’m able to get the PCs mining with Awesome Miner using SGMiner.  I want to manage both of these PCs from my main PC, just like managing an S1 or S3 unit.  Is this possible?  I installed the miner remote agent on the mining computers, but I cannot get a connection to them from my main PC.  Firewall is off and the units are all on the same subnet.

I assume that you started the Remote Agent on the two miner PC's, and can see the notification area icon (system tray).

Next step is to add a Managed Host for each of these miners in the Options dialog of Awesome Miner. When you add a host, there is also a button for testing the connection. Does the connection test give you an error message? If the host connection is working fine, next step is to add a Managed Miner using the Managed Host.

TheFridge

Activity: 252

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:14:36 PM

Great program, looks really neat. I have a question, I have miners scattered in various locations around my state (3 GPU rigs, and 4 antminers) and it looks like this program would fit the bill for managing them all from my home computer, but how do I set up the miners seeing as they are all on different networks and what is needed exactly to talk to the miners? Port forwarding? External Static IP's? DYN DNS?

Thanks
JuanHungLo

Activity: 935
Merit: 1001

I don't always drink...

View Profile
August 16, 2014, 02:26:51 PM

Great program, looks really neat. I have a question, I have miners scattered in various locations around my state (3 GPU rigs, and 4 antminers) and it looks like this program would fit the bill for managing them all from my home computer, but how do I set up the miners seeing as they are all on different networks and what is needed exactly to talk to the miners? Port forwarding? External Static IP's? DYN DNS?

Thanks

try a VPN like logmein hamachi

Bull markets are born on pessimism, grow on skepticism, mature on optimism, and die on euphoria. - John Templeton
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 16, 2014, 08:43:43 PM

As JuanHungLo suggested, one option is to use VPN or similar solutions. However, VPN is not a requirement for Awesome Miner to work.

Your Antminers that are running Cgminer with default port 4028. Let's assume that you have several of them behind a router/firewall on a remote location with one public IP-address. Awesome Miner running on your home computer must be able to connect to all these Antminers, which will require you to configure the remote router to do port forwarding. You need one forwarding rule that forwards an external port to the internal IP/port of each Antminer.

For the GPU miners you have two alternatives. Either you connect to an existing Cgminer/Sgminer that runs on port 4028, just like the Antminer case. This is called External Miner.

The other option is to use the Managed Miner concept in Awesome Miner, where you install Awesome Miner Remote Agent on the remote miners, and then you configure everything from the Awesome Miner GUI. The Remote Agent application uses port 9630 by default, so the firewall must allow connections to this port.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I should clarify anything. Thanks!

TheFridge

View Profile
August 17, 2014, 04:29:09 AM

As JuanHungLo suggested, one option is to use VPN or similar solutions. However, VPN is not a requirement for Awesome Miner to work.

Your Antminers that are running Cgminer with default port 4028. Let's assume that you have several of them behind a router/firewall on a remote location with one public IP-address. Awesome Miner running on your home computer must be able to connect to all these Antminers, which will require you to configure the remote router to do port forwarding. You need one forwarding rule that forwards an external port to the internal IP/port of each Antminer.

For the GPU miners you have two alternatives. Either you connect to an existing Cgminer/Sgminer that runs on port 4028, just like the Antminer case. This is called External Miner.

The other option is to use the Managed Miner concept in Awesome Miner, where you install Awesome Miner Remote Agent on the remote miners, and then you configure everything from the Awesome Miner GUI. The Remote Agent application uses port 9630 by default, so the firewall must allow connections to this port.

Please let me know if you have any further questions or if I should clarify anything. Thanks!

Excellent thanks for the reply. So I have 2 antminers and 1 GPU rigs on one network and 2 antminers a nd 1 gpu rig on another network, I will need to have a separate port configured for each miner (whether it is antminer or GPU) if they are on the same network?
And to change the ports for each miner can be done in the sgminer.conf file (for the GPU rigs) and in the antminer lua interface for the s3?
This way I can manage all my miners from a separate location with the Awesome Miner software?

Thanks for helping a noob Smiley
patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 17, 2014, 02:20:29 PM

Excellent thanks for the reply. So I have 2 antminers and 1 GPU rigs on one network and 2 antminers a nd 1 gpu rig on another network, I will need to have a separate port configured for each miner (whether it is antminer or GPU) if they are on the same network?
And to change the ports for each miner can be done in the sgminer.conf file (for the GPU rigs) and in the antminer lua interface for the s3?
This way I can manage all my miners from a separate location with the Awesome Miner software?
You don't have to change the port of Cgminer/Sgminer because they all run on separate devices, but if you are using a setup with a router to connect the 2 Antminers and 1 GPU rig to Internet, you need to configure different ports for port forwarding in your router. For example that port 2001 should be routed to Antminer#1 and port 2002 should be routed to Antminer#2.

Setting up all port forwarding might be a bit complex, so looking into a VPN solution instead, like Hamachi, could be a good alternative. Using VPN, you can connect to all remote computers/devices as if they were on your local network.

No matter if you go for the router port forwarding alternative, or the VPN alternative, you can manage all your miners from a single location with Awesome Miner.

TheFridge

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 02:05:59 PM

You don't have to change the port of Cgminer/Sgminer because they all run on separate devices, but if you are using a setup with a router to connect the 2 Antminers and 1 GPU rig to Internet, you need to configure different ports for port forwarding in your router. For example that port 2001 should be routed to Antminer#1 and port 2002 should be routed to Antminer#2.

Setting up all port forwarding might be a bit complex, so looking into a VPN solution instead, like Hamachi, could be a good alternative. Using VPN, you can connect to all remote computers/devices as if they were on your local network.

No matter if you go for the router port forwarding alternative, or the VPN alternative, you can manage all your miners from a single location with Awesome Miner.

So I ended up going the Hamachi route... I will explain the steps I have done as clearly as I can Smiley
-I have setup a mesh network connecting all of my GPU rigs and my remote laptop (that I will be using for the 'hub')
-GPU RIG #1 is on the same network as 2 Antminers
-I have installed Awesome Miner Installer and Remote Service Agent onto GPU RIG #1
-I have installed Awesome Miner Installer onto my Laptop
-I have only setup the 2 Antminers in the Awesome Software on GPU RIG#1 (so the software only sees the antminers and no GPUs) due to the 2 miner temporary restriction on the software.
-I want to remotely view the rig in the awesome miner software from my laptop
-I go to Options-Managed Host-Add New to add a new host on the laptop (is this correct?)
-I type in the IP that Hamachi has given me
-A dialog box pops up saying I have successfully connected to the Remote Service Agent on GPU RIG #1
-Then nothing
-I cant see the Antminers or the host on the dashboard of the screen

Im sure I am missing something silly because I am able to connect to the rig but nothing shows up. Apologies for the long winded post but I really want to make this work

Thanks for your help
Axiste

View Profile
August 18, 2014, 07:59:49 PM

The Awesome Miner Remote is for controlling CGminer directly, it wont pass on the Antminer S1 data to another PC.

What you need to do, is buy a Pro License of Awesome Miner (to have 2+ devices)

Then you install Awesome Miner Remote on the 2 GPU Rigs, the Antminer S1's only need be added to the Awesome Miner running on the machine you want to monitor it all from.

As you are using Hamachi, you wont need to port forward, so its just a case of running Awesome Miner on your laptop, add the GPU rigs as Managed Miners, and the two S1's as External Miners.

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 18, 2014, 08:52:44 PM

-A dialog box pops up saying I have successfully connected to the Remote Service Agent on GPU RIG #1
-Then nothing
It's good that you can add the Managed Host successfully. When you use the "Test connection" button for the Managed Host, you have verified that you can connect to the remote computer running the Remote Service Agent.

Next step is to add a Managed Miner for the Managed Host. Go to the "Managed Miners" section in the Options dialog and add a new. Select the Host that you just added.

More details about how to create a Managed Miner can be found here.

Im sure I am missing something silly because I am able to connect to the rig but nothing shows up. Apologies for the long winded post but I really want to make this work
The Antminers already have their own Cgminer software running, so for those the concepts like Managed Hosts and Managed Miners cannot be used. Instead, the Antminers should be added as "External Miner". When adding an Antminer as an "External Miner", it's the IP address of the Antminer you should enter.

You can read about how to add an External Miner here.

TheFridge

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 02:21:03 PM

-Then nothing
It's good that you can add the Managed Host successfully. When you use the "Test connection" button for the Managed Host, you have verified that you can connect to the remote computer running the Remote Service Agent.

Next step is to add a Managed Miner for the Managed Host. Go to the "Managed Miners" section in the Options dialog and add a new. Select the Host that you just added.

More details about how to create a Managed Miner can be found here.

The Antminers already have their own Cgminer software running, so for those the concepts like Managed Hosts and Managed Miners cannot be used. Instead, the Antminers should be added as "External Miner". When adding an Antminer as an "External Miner", it's the IP address of the Antminer you should enter.

You can read about how to add an External Miner here.

OKim following now... When hamachi is running I scan for an external mjmer using the local IP of the s3 address which is 193.168.1.99. Yet my remote laptop cannot see it. I am assuming that hamachi should connect my laptop and the rigs to make it look like a local LAN, is this correct?
If I am physically on the same network the s3 shows up. Its just remotely I can't see it.

I have tried the api-listen command in the cgminer config on the s3 and the api-allow 'true' as well but still no beans.

For reference I have hamachi set up as a 'mesh' network. If I try 'gateway' I lose internet connectivity on my laptop (if the laptop acts as the gateway)
Axiste

View Profile
August 19, 2014, 08:01:42 PM

I dont know Hamachi that well, but im guessing its working for the machines its installed on, as opposed to actually giving you a vpn into your entire network.

Ok just looked it up, Mesh Network only connects together PC's running Hamachi, it doesnt let you see the whole network at each end.
Looking at their site, you need Gateway mode on the computer that has the Antminers on the same network.

The other option is to just do some port forwards in the router to the Antminers, assuming they are IP's of 192.168.0.10, and 192.168.0.11, you could forward say:
Port 5678 to 192.168.0.10:4028
Port 5679 to 192.168.0.11:4028

If you keep the antminer api's in restricted mode, people wont be able to change your miners settings (as once the ports are open, theres no password to stop anyone getting api access)

patrike (OP)
Legendary

View Profile WWW
August 20, 2014, 06:37:02 AM

I will investigate if future versions of the Awesome Miner Remote Service can be used to forward the connections to other miners, like your Antminers, on the same remote network

Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 645 »
  Print  

Jump to: