Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2018, 07:56:53 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.16.1  [Torrent]. (New!)

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 327 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner] - Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 10000 miners  (Read 551944 times)
Rodrigo8

Activity: 47
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 11:07:21 AM

Hi patrike,

I bought the premium version. I set everything up in 10 minutes is very simple, it's a beautiful job but I expected more (like a app to control remotely). I hope to see it in the near future. It would be interesting to point out that web access is only for visual monitoring without any kind of interaction with the application.

I just bought this version in order to be able to access remotely by Smartphone (outside the same network). But it was the only option I could not get it to work. I've had the opportunity to set up port forwarding and Port Trigger a few hundred times but I did not succeed. You deserve credit on the part of Profit Switching the usability is well cleaned, I will begin the tests to confirm if the software really does what it promises.

The questions may seem stupid, I do not have much time mining.

0- Do I not need a DNS service for remote access?

1- On http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/remotenetworks.aspx I did get where it goes Service Port: x IP Address: x Internal Port: x Protocol: x Common Service Port: x was not clear to me, could you help me by sending me some more detailed documentation?

2- Does the ethermine.org API (JSON API) have any use for the application?

3- In Miners / GPU. In the columns of the GPU, Clock/Power and Progress values ​​are zero is this correct?

4- Only GPU 0 is showing Fan percentage and Temp. I reckon it's some Claymore setup, right?

5- I have the MSI Afterburner running but there does not seem to be any interaction to the Advanced/MSI Afterburner integration option. Is there any way for Awesome Miner see Afterburner data?

6- When a new currency is set in the Coins Profit option, the values referring to this new currency are limited only to the coins tab?

7- I'm mining ETH it would be possible to see the profitability of it together with the others in the Coins tab?

Sorry if I asked a question already answered is that it is difficult to find something even using the search.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. It's true that the web interface is limited compare to everything you can do in the Windows application, but you do have access to some operations like start/stop miners and basic pool operations.

0) As bonosurgut pointed out above, a DNS service is not required, but there are instances where it can be useful.

1) The concepts you list here like Common Service Port isn't concepts from Awesome Miner - is that your router configuration that requires these details? If that's the case, the configuration will be specific to which router you are using.
I can also point out that I will improve this experience in the future, where it will be possible to push statistics to a cloud service that you can access directly from Internet without having to do router configuration.

2) No. Although there might be some pool integrations in the future, it's not on the roadmap for this year.

3) Some mining software can provide these values, others like the Claymore miners don't. What you can do is to use the feature to "Map to system monitoring" (button in the toolbar in the GPU tab). This will let you bring in the GPU monitoring information that Awesome Miner itself collects.

4) Yes, so far it's always been missing information in the Claymore's API when this happens. However, take a look at the "Map to system monitoring" for this one as well.

5) The only time you see data from Afterburner is when you open the dialog to do GPU clocking and similar. I may add support for displaying them on the GPU tab in the future, but in most cases Awesome Miner can display this without the use of Afterburner. See also:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/gpuclocking.aspx

6) In the case you add your own "custom" coin? It should show up on Coins tab and also be supported by the Profit switching feature.

7) In the Miners tab you will see the combined profit (example: Ethereum + SIA) included in "Per day" value. On the coins tab you they are only presented as individual values for each coin.

Thank you for the answers

My web interface do not show start/stop miners. Claymore's limitation?

1) I'm using TPlink TD-W8980 I think it's one of the most popular routers. This is the only thing then I really needs some support.

3) 4)  "Map to system monitoring" is disable (gray), anything I can do? It's related also to the Claymore's limitation?

6) I am using AU$, I ask because in some values are show $, I do not know if it is US or another currency, for example in coins tab

7) It was my fault, in options / coins tab, visibility of predefined coins. Move to the right I thought it was to show the currency not hidden

8 ) In Tools/ performance history /display chart/ Hash/Temp. In the chart it's possible improve it by showing minute/hour/day/month/year?
ps: I tried to view in the Excel chart but the results are provided vertically when converting to horizontal did not get a good result. I do not know if I'm doing something wrong, it seems very simple.

Thank you for the support
The World's Betting Exchange

Bet with play money. Win real Bitcoin. 5BTC Prize Fund for World Cup 2018.

Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
psixa

Activity: 18

View Profile
June 04, 2017, 03:10:42 PM

Hi,
previous version was showing GPU temperatures, but as soon as I have updated to the last version, temperatures do not appear in miner list.
I have experimented and new version of AM and previous version of Remote Agent work fine.
I have running MSI Afterburner Service (did not touch security keys and ports, they match), also checked Firewalls, even disabled both sides, but I cannot get GPU temperature info directly on miner list tab, though miner's system tab has all the info.

What am I missing?
patrike
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1013

View Profile WWW
June 04, 2017, 09:13:35 PM

Hi patrike,

I bought the premium version. I set everything up in 10 minutes is very simple, it's a beautiful job but I expected more (like a app to control remotely). I hope to see it in the near future. It would be interesting to point out that web access is only for visual monitoring without any kind of interaction with the application.

I just bought this version in order to be able to access remotely by Smartphone (outside the same network). But it was the only option I could not get it to work. I've had the opportunity to set up port forwarding and Port Trigger a few hundred times but I did not succeed. You deserve credit on the part of Profit Switching the usability is well cleaned, I will begin the tests to confirm if the software really does what it promises.

The questions may seem stupid, I do not have much time mining.

0- Do I not need a DNS service for remote access?

1- On http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/remotenetworks.aspx I did get where it goes Service Port: x IP Address: x Internal Port: x Protocol: x Common Service Port: x was not clear to me, could you help me by sending me some more detailed documentation?

2- Does the ethermine.org API (JSON API) have any use for the application?

3- In Miners / GPU. In the columns of the GPU, Clock/Power and Progress values ​​are zero is this correct?

4- Only GPU 0 is showing Fan percentage and Temp. I reckon it's some Claymore setup, right?

5- I have the MSI Afterburner running but there does not seem to be any interaction to the Advanced/MSI Afterburner integration option. Is there any way for Awesome Miner see Afterburner data?

6- When a new currency is set in the Coins Profit option, the values referring to this new currency are limited only to the coins tab?

7- I'm mining ETH it would be possible to see the profitability of it together with the others in the Coins tab?

Sorry if I asked a question already answered is that it is difficult to find something even using the search.

Thank you

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. It's true that the web interface is limited compare to everything you can do in the Windows application, but you do have access to some operations like start/stop miners and basic pool operations.

0) As bonosurgut pointed out above, a DNS service is not required, but there are instances where it can be useful.

1) The concepts you list here like Common Service Port isn't concepts from Awesome Miner - is that your router configuration that requires these details? If that's the case, the configuration will be specific to which router you are using.
I can also point out that I will improve this experience in the future, where it will be possible to push statistics to a cloud service that you can access directly from Internet without having to do router configuration.

2) No. Although there might be some pool integrations in the future, it's not on the roadmap for this year.

3) Some mining software can provide these values, others like the Claymore miners don't. What you can do is to use the feature to "Map to system monitoring" (button in the toolbar in the GPU tab). This will let you bring in the GPU monitoring information that Awesome Miner itself collects.

4) Yes, so far it's always been missing information in the Claymore's API when this happens. However, take a look at the "Map to system monitoring" for this one as well.

5) The only time you see data from Afterburner is when you open the dialog to do GPU clocking and similar. I may add support for displaying them on the GPU tab in the future, but in most cases Awesome Miner can display this without the use of Afterburner. See also:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/gpuclocking.aspx

6) In the case you add your own "custom" coin? It should show up on Coins tab and also be supported by the Profit switching feature.

7) In the Miners tab you will see the combined profit (example: Ethereum + SIA) included in "Per day" value. On the coins tab you they are only presented as individual values for each coin.

Thank you for the answers

My web interface do not show start/stop miners. Claymore's limitation?

1) I'm using TPlink TD-W8980 I think it's one of the most popular routers. This is the only thing then I really needs some support.

3) 4)  "Map to system monitoring" is disable (gray), anything I can do? It's related also to the Claymore's limitation?

6) I am using AU$, I ask because in some values are show $, I do not know if it is US or another currency, for example in coins tab

7) It was my fault, in options / coins tab, visibility of predefined coins. Move to the right I thought it was to show the currency not hidden

8 ) In Tools/ performance history /display chart/ Hash/Temp. In the chart it's possible improve it by showing minute/hour/day/month/year?
ps: I tried to view in the Excel chart but the results are provided vertically when converting to horizontal did not get a good result. I do not know if I'm doing something wrong, it seems very simple.

Thank you for the support

1) I don't have any knowledge on the configuration of this router, so unfortunately I have to ask you to try to find information on this somewhere else, as this topic is not really related to Awesome Miner.

3) How are you controlling your miners? Are you using Managed Miners together with Remote Agent's running on your remote computers? In that case you should be able to access the mapping feature. However, it's not available if you use the External Miner concept to connect to remote Linux miners or similar. This point also related to if your web interface show start/stop for the miners.

6) The coin value you specify is in USD, even if your display currency isn't USD.

8 ) That's a good suggestion. I will improve that in future releases.

Awesome Miner - The most powerful Windows software to manage and monitor ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Centralized management for up to 10,000 miners, notifications, recovery, scripting, APIs, mobile web and profitability switching [Web site]
Join the Awesome Miner Affiliate Program and get a commission when you refer new customers to Awesome Miner
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 04:41:57 AM

Hi,
previous version was showing GPU temperatures, but as soon as I have updated to the last version, temperatures do not appear in miner list.
I have experimented and new version of AM and previous version of Remote Agent work fine.
I have running MSI Afterburner Service (did not touch security keys and ports, they match), also checked Firewalls, even disabled both sides, but I cannot get GPU temperature info directly on miner list tab, though miner's system tab has all the info.

What am I missing?
Just to make sure - you are running the same version of Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent?
Do you see the temperatures on the GPU tab? If not, they are not reported correctly from the mining software. You can then use the button "Map to system monitoring" to bring in the information from the System tab to the GPU's.

Awesome Miner - The most powerful Windows software to manage and monitor ASIC, GPU and CPU miners
Centralized management for up to 10,000 miners, notifications, recovery, scripting, APIs, mobile web and profitability switching [Web site]
Join the Awesome Miner Affiliate Program and get a commission when you refer new customers to Awesome Miner
bonosurgut

Activity: 524
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:14:59 AM

please read this link, maybe help you.

https://portforward.com/tp-link/td-w8980/
psixa

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 12:48:35 PM

Hi,

What am I missing?
Just to make sure - you are running the same version of Awesome Miner and the Remote Agent?
Do you see the temperatures on the GPU tab? If not, they are not reported correctly from the mining software. You can then use the button "Map to system monitoring" to bring in the information from the System tab to the GPU's.

Yes, AM and Remote Agent versions are the same. I don't see temperatures on the GPU tab, I used "Map to system monitoring" button --> "Display system monitoring data in the GPU tab", but they still don't appear in the GPU tab or status tab.
Status tab says "Interface Offline" and "Mining" and I can use start/stop/reboot/all functions. I am using "Managed Hosts" mode. As I said before this happened just after new update, when both AM and Remote Agents where updated, if only AM is updated and Remote Agent is previous version, it works fine. I guess newer version cannot pull the info from the miner, but I haven't touched mining software at all.
Turok2000

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 01:53:33 PM

Please add ccminer-Alex-v1-x32-sib as each time you have to load this miner to a remote farm ((and other analogs that would work with the algorithms X11Gost and LBRY you do not have ((
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 04:53:16 PM

Hi,

What am I missing?

Yes, AM and Remote Agent versions are the same. I don't see temperatures on the GPU tab, I used "Map to system monitoring" button --> "Display system monitoring data in the GPU tab", but they still don't appear in the GPU tab or status tab.
Status tab says "Interface Offline" and "Mining" and I can use start/stop/reboot/all functions. I am using "Managed Hosts" mode. As I said before this happened just after new update, when both AM and Remote Agents where updated, if only AM is updated and Remote Agent is previous version, it works fine. I guess newer version cannot pull the info from the miner, but I haven't touched mining software at all.
Can you please try to stop a single Managed Miner, then start it again. Any change?

topgeek

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 07:23:28 PM

Hi Patrike,

I just discovered the 'rules' section - very cool!  using it to write reboot on gpu crash scripts now  Wink

I need a clarification - in the 'dead device detection' rule - what parameter is being looked at to determine a device is 'sick'?
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 08:03:21 PM

Please add ccminer-Alex-v1-x32-sib as each time you have to load this miner to a remote farm ((and other analogs that would work with the algorithms X11Gost and LBRY you do not have ((
Thanks for the suggestion. I'm always trying to add miners that are popular, and I will keep an eye on this one as well.
Until officially supported, I hope that you do know that you can use the Upload Software feature to upload any mining software to all your remote computers in a single operation:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/uploadsoftware.aspx

patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 08:07:15 PM

Hi Patrike,

I just discovered the 'rules' section - very cool!  using it to write reboot on gpu crash scripts now  Wink

I need a clarification - in the 'dead device detection' rule - what parameter is being looked at to determine a device is 'sick'?
Hi,
Yes, the rules can be quite powerful.

Dead Device Detection is however only supported in some mining software. It's supported by almost all ASIC's (Antminers, ...) running cgminer but also on some GPU mining software like sgminer and EWBF Zcash miner. It's not supported by the Claymore miners. Awesome Miner is simply reacting to what is reported over the API interface in these cases.

topgeek

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:09:01 PM

Thanks for the info on 'dead devices' - I am now writing my rule to work if the hashrate drops more than 20mh/s Smiley

i need one other piece of information need on Rules;

see image:   https://snag.gy/dxA4eO.jpg

I am writing this rule for a remote machine that awesome miner monitors. My rule action is to run a batch file.
Is awesome miner going to look for the batch on the awesome miner machine or run a batch file on the REMOTE system?

i.e. I need to know where it is going to look for the batch file so I can set the correct path - locally or remote?

thanks in advance
Turok2000

Activity: 33

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:30:40 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm always trying to add miners that are popular, and I will keep an eye on this one as well.
Until officially supported, I hope that you do know that you can use the Upload Software feature to upload any mining software to all your remote computers in a single operation:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/uploadsoftware.aspx

Thank you. Yes, I know that the download exists, but it is very inconvenient since every time you change the algorithm or currency, the downloads are reset and when you return to that currency you have to do everything again (((
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 08:33:42 PM

Thanks for the info on 'dead devices' - I am now writing my rule to work if the hashrate drops more than 20mh/s Smiley

i need one other piece of information need on Rules;

see image:   https://snag.gy/dxA4eO.jpg

I am writing this rule for a remote machine that awesome miner monitors. My rule action is to run a batch file.
Is awesome miner going to look for the batch on the awesome miner machine or run a batch file on the REMOTE system?

i.e. I need to know where it is going to look for the batch file so I can set the correct path - locally or remote?

thanks in advance
The rules are only executed locally where Awesome Miner main application is running. So unfortunately you cannot execute any command on the remote computer. Even when you define your bat-file locally, it will also only run locally.

However... If you want to reboot a remote system, you can add an action of type "Miner Command", and then select the command "Reboot computer". That should solve the scenario you are trying right now with remote reboots.

If there is a need to run commands (other than reboot) on a remote system, I can of course add support for that.

topgeek

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 08:37:23 PM

Thanks!  i can work with that!

i'll use the reboot computer command and put the other stuff in its startup.

cheers and thanks!
Rhizix

Activity: 5

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 09:14:59 PM

Is there way to monitor profitability for Digibyte - Skein?
I can mine it by selecting Digibyte (Scrypt) and adding the -a skein parameter for ccminer, but it still calculates profitability based on Scrypt.
Help would be appreciated.

PS: Keep up the good work, this tool works very good so far, I only need the Skein algorithm and it's perfect.
Thanks for your feedback. Awesome Miner supports about 25 popular mining algorithms, but unfortunately Skein isn't one of them. Are there any other coins that uses this one?

The only ones that I know of are Digibyte - Skein and Myriad - Skein
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 05, 2017, 09:22:57 PM

Is there way to monitor profitability for Digibyte - Skein?
I can mine it by selecting Digibyte (Scrypt) and adding the -a skein parameter for ccminer, but it still calculates profitability based on Scrypt.
Help would be appreciated.

PS: Keep up the good work, this tool works very good so far, I only need the Skein algorithm and it's perfect.
Thanks for your feedback. Awesome Miner supports about 25 popular mining algorithms, but unfortunately Skein isn't one of them. Are there any other coins that uses this one?

The only ones that I know of are Digibyte - Skein and Myriad - Skein
Thanks for the update. I problem right now is that Awesome Miner only grabs statistics from the two main sources whattomine.com and coinwarz.com. None of them list any Skein based coins. Because of this, it will not be much for Awesome Miner to show in terms of coin statistics and profitability.

psixa

View Profile
June 05, 2017, 10:02:59 PM

Hi,

What am I missing?

Can you please try to stop a single Managed Miner, then start it again. Any change?

Already tried many times, but no changes. Everything is the same for all servers, not showing hashrate/income, "Interface Offline" and "Mining".
Maybe it is not even trying to pull info from the miner software? Is there an option to disable direct Afterburner control and switch back to using miner software for temperatures like before? I tried to use different versions of Claymore too, no changes.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 03:42:02 AM

Looking pretty good, bought a large license so threw some money your way today.

Still needs some polish, specifically with adding devices.

-When you add a device through scanning the network it shouldn't add the device based on IP, it should be based on computer name. Almost all miners will have dynamic IP allocation and adding IPs is a fools errand.

-You should be allowed to mass add devices through the network.

-Adding a 'host' still shouldn't be a thing, the device name should be the hostname. Perhaps allowing you to custom overide it. Right now you have to click through adding a hosts dialogue box which is a waste of time.

-Installing the remote service should immediately start it, for some reason you have to manually start it the first time it installs.

-If you add more then 10 devices it should display a warning and tell you that you should probably enable performance mode (AM basically becomes unresponsive at that point).

-With the addition of GPU OCing through AM via Afterburner there needs to be a distinction between what the miner is reporting and what the system sees as devices. As you know a CUDA or OCL device may not be directly named the same as the way the system sees it. I see that you allow people to change the order of the devices through map to system monitoring. I'm not sure what's being reported by the miner, through CUDA/OCL, and through the system. Trying to figure out what connects to what is very convoluted.

--With some trial and error AM could auto-detect what's connected to what with some simple testing. For example having Afterburner set the TDP to minimum for 20s and see what GPU loses hashrate, then adjust it accordingly.

-For some reason powertune stats aren't being displayed on the GPU tab.

-For some reason you have to click on map to system monitoring > display system monitoring data in the GPU tab in order for the GPU tab to actually become active (why is this a option?)

-CPU monitoring doesn't seem to work. That can be monitored through Afterburner as well. AB has built in monitoring for that.

-In the compact list view when you're looking at GPUs it only displays the temperature of one GPU, instead of this you could simply seperate all the GPUs with a comma so you can display all the GPUs from a system there for easy to read access.

-Uploading software is still a PITA. There should be a upload manager for all systems, where it simply syncs the upload folder with the systems that are managed by AM. You could manage this on a per rig level with overides if need be.

-There needs to be a warning in case Afterburner is offline or the remote service is offline so you restart it.

-With GPU overclocking you need to be able to manually enter in a number instead of using sliders. Text entry next to the slider?

-For some reason clicking on 'GPU settings' under 'Tools' gives me the AB/AB service is not installed instead of displaying AB for all systems.

--With a bunch of rigs running it's impossible to see where AB remote is down which goes back to the suggestion earlier.

-Managing dual mining with Claymore is a huge PITA to the point at which it doesn't seem to be manageable by AM. This is due to the way AM manages miners, pools, and mining software. There is way too much overlap between categories. My post a couple months ago outlines how to deal with the logistics of managing all of the above.

-Modifying a template that is currently in use should present a warning and apply it to all existing hosts. Those that are in use should have it applied and restart.

-GPU Overclocking does not display Thermal Throttle Temp. This is important for adjustment (may need to add tic box for locking TDP and Thermal Temp).

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1218
Merit: 1011

View Profile
June 06, 2017, 04:47:32 AM

Is there a way to start a miner with a lower process priority? Normally you do something like this with a batchfile 'start /low ccminer COMMANDS'

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 [51] 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 ... 327 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.