Bitcoin Forum
December 11, 2017, 08:06:32 PM *
News: Latest stable version of Bitcoin Core: 0.15.1  [Torrent].

Home   Help Search Donate Login Register  
Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 159 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [Awesome Miner]- Powerful Windows GUI to manage and monitor up to 5000 miners  (Read 502014 times)
rhadamants

Activity: 12

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 05:47:35 AM

Free version I can config ccminer and many coin from supernova pool with profit chance using whattomine?
For test.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction. Advertise here.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
bensam1231
Legendary

Activity: 1036

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 07:01:50 AM

DHCP is for dynamic IP allocation you dolt.

You were arguing FOR static IPs, which you wouldn't need DHCP in that case.

That aside, which you don't seem to understand the terminology which you use

DHCP is for three types of IP allocation (automatic, dynamic, manual/IP reservation/"static") and not only IP allocation. Dynamic Host Control Protocol is a common protocol to control hosts (servers, computers, mining rigs...) dynamically (with less effort, less downtime) used in all networks worldwide - datacenters, offices, houses, mining farms...

When you change your hardware such as a motherboard failure, guess what you'll be doing again?
Okay:
1. What you will be doing without DHCP - If you replace it with other model/brand motherboard, you 95% need to reinstall Windows/drivers and change computer name and/or set static IP by hand again in OS.
2. What I will be doing with DHCP - I just bind same IP to the new motherboard MAC (30 sec, easy) and after my rig is started I don't have to change anything else anywhere, ever (until the next MOBO failure), no meter what happens to Windows and drivers, how many times I reinstall them (or just clone OS), or install other OS for mining, like Linux and etc.

manage more machines as you grow over the 255 device cap, GUESS what you'll be doing again?

Since when that was a problem? BTW grow over 255 devices and I see, you will definitely need to hire someone for managing your rigs Cheesy even I refuse to handle it alone.

But okay, it's your business, keep changing computer names (especially for 255+ rigs=) and/or setting static IPs in Windows by hand, one by one, it can be okay, I never judged, just advised.
Those smart guys who aren't aware of the protocol yet, but are more serious about this industry, after reading this will probably start introducing DHCP to themselves (really not hard to learn/use) and start using it combined with awesome Awesome Miner and make there lives easier.

you dolt
You're a kid
Static IPs are for anal retentive admins
you don't seem to understand the terminology which you use

You insult me and argue about the subject you don't understand at basic level yourself, I'm a kid... Whatever you say next, no more time wasting, I'm done with you.

Yuh, do you know what dynamic means?

Once again you're trying to insinuate that a common use for DHCP is for setting up static IPs, that's definitely not the case. You can setup static IPs through DHCP, but that's not it's general use (going back to static IP tables, what did you think I was talking about?).

I never said I wasn't going to use DHCP, once again, lol, I use it to setup my IPs so I don't need to spend time plugging entries in a table that could change whenever I have a major problem with my rigs. It's more stuff to mess around with.

No, you don't need to reinstall windows... And if you were half as talented as you are trying to lead me to believe, you would be imaging things if it's not salvageable (which takes all of 10 minutes for me). Majority of the time you can swap boards (ESPECIALLY the same make and model), without touching anything in the OS you just let it go through an initial prolonged boot. Windows 8.1 onward has no problems with changing hardware, even going between AMD and Intel unless you use some weird sort of storage driver (which usually just means you have the bios setup for IDE instead of AHCI or vice versa).

When you have more then one rig, '30 seconds' is a huge waste of time, especially if your router doesn't like formatting things properly or glitches out. It takes a lot longer then that. You are over complicating something that you don't even need to touch. Like you literally don't even need to do anything with it. Which is my original argument. Because, you know, hostnames.

You're only allowed 254 addresses per subnet, but I'm sure you knew that already. Good luck configuring more then that on a standard router.

LOL, I never at any point in time said I was going to manually set IPs in windows... Specifically I was arguing exactly against that - once again a waste of time. Let me ask you, how do you dynamically assign IPs without DHCP smart guy? XD

I really have no idea why you're stuck on DHCP... It isn't even what I was talking about or maybe you already realize that and you're trying to deflect to a argument you think you can possibly win.

I'm glad you took time to overly format what you're talking about, it literally changes absolutely nothing you said nor what you're trying to argue and how it's wrong. Hey look, another waste of time. You seem to be good at that.

I buy private Nvidia miners. Send information and/or inquiries to my PM box.
patrike
Legendary

Activity: 1022

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:43:45 AM

Hello Patrike,

Do you have a published road map?  I'm curious as to where you want to take this tool in the future.  One feature that I'm sure lots of users would want is the ability to change pools from the remote web interface.  I travel a bit, and while the web interface allows me to do basic tasks like check health, and restart miners... it would be nice to be able to change a miner's pool.  You could even limit it to already defined pools as a phase 1, and then expand on that to allow one to define the pool later on through the web interface.

Hi,
I do like these kind of roadmap discussions. I was almost a year ago since I posted some ideas on what the future could look like for Awesome Miner:
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=676942.msg15882970#msg15882970

From that post I've completed "Feature#2 - Multiple users", which is the Security feature in Awesome Miner today. In addition, I've implemented a large number of other features since that post was made. That post was really above large future features.

I've also made good progress on "Feature #1 - Public cloud service for monitoring". One major benefit of the cloud based monitoring will be that you no longer need to configure your router to access the web interface from the outside. You simply navigate to the cloud service and sign in.

The cloud service will also include a SMS notification services that you will be able to use from your Rules in Awesome Miner, similar to how E-mail notification works. The new cloud service will however not be free of charge, as it for sure will consume significant network bandwidth and have costs related to sending SMS.

Short term I do have a significant list of feature requests from many users, and I'm always trying to implement the most popular requests first. But when I get time, I do spend time on these future plans as well. I don't mind sharing what I'm working on so we all can have an open discussion about what is most important.

To answer your questions about the web interface - yes, there are some limitations on the number of operations you can perform. I will however make the change pool feature available for more types of miners in the next release that is planned for today. The feature is already there, but was not made available for the common GPU mining software.

Awesome Miner - The most powerful Windows GUI software to manage and monitor Cgminer, Bfgminer, Sgminer, ccMiner and Claymore's Ethereum miner
Centralized management for up to 5000 miners, notifications, recovery, scripting, mobile web and next generation profitability switching [Web site]
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:48:34 AM

Yeah, templates make that much easier. Since templates seem to be a combination of everything, if I can blanket apply it to all the rigs that would work.

Weird bug I've noticed, when I start AM and go to miners tab and use Ctrl+A to select all the miners it crashes AM. Also you can't globally stop all miners. Say selecting them all and selecting stop IF one of the miners is already stopped. Small thing, but you have to use ctrl to unselect some of them so you can stop the others.

Affinity is another needed option. Although understanding affinity and how it selects CPUs is a bit of a chore. There is a mathematical equation for it.
The crash bug will be fixed in the release later today. The new release will also have Process Priority and Affinity settings (you will find it in the properties for a Managed Miner, Environment section).

As you noticed the operations available (start or stop) will only be available if all selected miners have that option enabled. I do understand the scenario you descibe, so I will put it on the list to look into.

Awesome Miner - The most powerful Windows GUI software to manage and monitor Cgminer, Bfgminer, Sgminer, ccMiner and Claymore's Ethereum miner
Centralized management for up to 5000 miners, notifications, recovery, scripting, mobile web and next generation profitability switching [Web site]
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:52:13 AM

Any prediction when there will be a Linux version?

I changed my OS because Windows does not support continuous work for a long period without maintenance, it is causing losses. (I already bought the premium version)
I've been thinking of making a Linux version of the Remote Agent, but that will require significant development work and it's not planned for this year.

Awesome Miner can still connect to Linux based miners with the External Miner feature to monitor them, but Awesome Miner will not be in control of everything as when you used Managed Miners on Windows.

billybobthorton

Activity: 9

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 02:39:39 PM

You mentioned you support Linux miners, but not all functionality.  What is missing when using Linux & Claymore for miners?

Any way to get secondary coin hash rate to show up in the speed reporting for the dashboard and miner overview?

patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 03:36:53 PM

You mentioned you support Linux miners, but not all functionality.  What is missing when using Linux & Claymore for miners?

Any way to get secondary coin hash rate to show up in the speed reporting for the dashboard and miner overview?
When using the External Miner concept to connect to an already running Claymore miner on Linux, Awesome Miner is able to show monitoring information. You can see hashrate, both for Ethereum and for secondary coin, GPU fan speed and temperature, number of accepted and rejected shares, uptime and revenue information. The only operation available is to switch pool and restart the mining process. You will not be able to start and stop the mining and Awesome Miner cannot do crash recovery other than providing a notification about that the mining isn't working.

The secondary coin hash information can be found in the GPU tab when you select a miner. It's however not possible to view it in the actual list of miners.

insaniak

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:03:03 PM

Can awesome miner automatically start mining on all my rigs from the desktop application? Or do I have to go into each rig and start for example claymore miner?
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 06:45:41 PM

Can awesome miner automatically start mining on all my rigs from the desktop application? Or do I have to go into each rig and start for example claymore miner?
You install Awesome Miner on a single computer and then you install Awesome Miner Remote Agent on all your mining rigs. Then you can control all mining operations, including starting and stopping the Claymore miner, from your single computer where you run the Awesome Miner application. You never have to use Remote Desktop or similar to manually start the mining.

insaniak

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 06:53:11 PM

You install Awesome Miner on a single computer and then you install Awesome Miner Remote Agent on all your mining rigs. Then you can control all mining operations, including starting and stopping the Claymore miner, from your single computer where you run the Awesome Miner application. You never have to use Remote Desktop or similar to manually start the mining.

That's truly awesome! Smiley could instart and stop from my phone too?
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:20:44 PM

That's truly awesome! Smiley could instart and stop from my phone too?
You can do basic operations, like starting and stopping miners, from the web interface. The web interface can be used from your phone as well:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/web.aspx
The web interface is however not providing all the features of the main application.

Storx

Activity: 210

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 07:53:25 PM

Could this program be setup to mine multiple pools that auto-exchange into btc already built into them?> like zpool and Mining hub

Also could i add additional miners? like ccminerAlexis78 and ccminerAlexis78blake seems to be the most efficient miner for the 1080ti crowd like me.. the hashrates on the same coins under the built in miners are significantly lower after playing with it some than using Alexis miner

Earn up to 40% ROI on your BTC, Signup under me and message me and ill verify and send you BCC for investing under me.
Join My Team @  https://bitconnect.co/?ref=BccStorx
patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:15:47 PM

Awesome Miner Version 3.0.4

- New settings for Managed Miners to set process priority and affinity
- Configure algorithm support per mining software, for more detailed control of the profit switching feature (see: Options dialog, Algorithms section)
- Added operations to change and add pool using the web interface for all mining software where the features is supported
- Added Skein algorithm
- Claymore's Ethereum Miner 9.5
- Minor corrections

patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:23:44 PM

Could this program be setup to mine multiple pools that auto-exchange into btc already built into them?> like zpool and Mining hub

Also could i add additional miners? like ccminerAlexis78 and ccminerAlexis78blake seems to be the most efficient miner for the 1080ti crowd like me.. the hashrates on the same coins under the built in miners are significantly lower after playing with it some than using Alexis miner
Awesome Miner can be used with any pool. Or was it the profit switching feature in Awesome Miner that you wanted to use?

You can also add your own custom mining software. When you select the ccminer software in Awesome Miner, you can either let Awesome Miner do the automatic download, or you can specify that you instead want to use your ccminerAlexis78 software by specifying the path. If you only have a single miner you can specify this manually in the properties of the Managed Miner.

If you need to do this operation on a larger scale, you can use this feature to push custom software and configure all your miners at once:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/uploadsoftware.aspx

patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:27:33 PM

Free version I can config ccminer and many coin from supernova pool with profit chance using whattomine?
For test.
You can use the profit switcher in the Free Edition as well. You can define multiple single-coin pools, and them into a Pool Group, and then configure the profit switcher (Options dialog, Profit switching section) to use this Pool Group for profit switching. This will work as long as the single-coin pools uses coins that are listed on whattomine.com or the coin statistics site you are using. In addition to this, the profit switcher has built in support for most pools provided by Nicehash and zpool.

natminer

Activity: 30

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 08:28:34 PM

Nice update!!  ^^^

Hey question maybe someone can help with, I have excluded the path to the Awesome Miner application on my Windows machine in my Anti-Virus software (ESET Nod32),  but I'm still having issues where ESET is blocking Awesome Miner from accessing miner apps (perhaps when it downloads them not sure.. maybe that goes to a temp folder somewhere first?)

The AV warning said it deleted a file that Awesome Miner tried to access.

Any advice about what else to exclude from AV?

Thanks

patrike
Legendary

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:32:14 PM

Hey question maybe someone can help with, I have excluded the path to the Awesome Miner application on my Windows machine in my Anti-Virus software (ESET Nod32),  but I'm still having issues where ESET is blocking Awesome Miner from accessing miner apps (perhaps when it downloads them not sure.. maybe that goes to a temp folder somewhere first?)

The AV warning said it deleted a file that Awesome Miner tried to access.

Any advice about what else to exclude from AV?
I don't have experience in configuring this specific Anti-virus software. Awesome Miner is downloading the mining software to the folder:
%localappdata%\AwesomeMiner\
Can that folder be added as an exception in your AV software?

If not, you can always download the mining software like the Claymore Ethereum miner manually, and then simply configure your Managed Miner to point to this software you already downloaded instead of doing the automatic download.

Storx

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 08:48:52 PM

Awesome Miner can be used with any pool. Or was it the profit switching feature in Awesome Miner that you wanted to use?

You can also add your own custom mining software. When you select the ccminer software in Awesome Miner, you can either let Awesome Miner do the automatic download, or you can specify that you instead want to use your ccminerAlexis78 software by specifying the path. If you only have a single miner you can specify this manually in the properties of the Managed Miner.

If you need to do this operation on a larger scale, you can use this feature to push custom software and configure all your miners at once:
http://www.awesomeminer.com/help/uploadsoftware.aspx

to answer your question is can i set it up so i can take advantage of the auto-exchange from whichever coin im mining to BTC, for example i currently mine zpool on skein algo on 1 rig of 2 gtx 1080ti's, my other rig i switched over to mining pool hub to compare the 2, because i have been having some earnings issues with Zpool the last few days, especially yesterday... running 2 1080tis pushing 1820Mh/s on skein, it said i managed 0.002BTC over a 23hr period, which makes absolutely no sense when i calculate the profit manually via what to mine and such it should have been around $21 usd...worth

So basically would i be using the auto-exchange feature of those pools as normal?

Additional question i had was this, for example skein on zpool only has 5 coins to mine, but on mining hub its 2 coins only.. do i set this up under each as a pool group under each pool?

And... lastly is there any dev fee for using this software, like 2% on ccminer-sp?

Earn up to 40% ROI on your BTC, Signup under me and message me and ill verify and send you BCC for investing under me.
insaniak

View Profile
June 10, 2017, 09:04:31 PM

in my original config for claymore I have each miner name if I was to use custom file upload it would upload each miner in awesome miner with the same worker name I have set up in claymore right? How do I fix this
Storx

View Profile WWW
June 10, 2017, 09:33:26 PM

in my original config for claymore I have each miner name if I was to use custom file upload it would upload each miner in awesome miner with the same worker name I have set up in claymore right? How do I fix this

I think this is kinda one of the issues im running into also...because im really not wanting to use any of the built in miners

for example:
ccminerAlexis78- i currently use to mine Blake2s, Skein, and lbry algos on zpool mutli-algo setup
ccminerTanguy- i find has higher hashrates on decred, and groest1 algos on zpool mutli-algo setup
ccminerAlexis78blakecoin- is currently what i use for blakecoin algo on zpool mutli-algo setup

If i change the specified location of ccminer-sp to one of the 3, then im kinda stuck i have no ability that i can find to add the additional 2 others to mine those specific algo's

also quick question, is there a way to reduce intensity on some of the algo's i have to run different algo's on different intensities or they break my rig when they ramp up on difficulty

Pages: « 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 [53] 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 ... 159 »
  Print  

Jump to:  

Sponsored by , a Bitcoin-accepting VPN.