Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 12:52:31 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 386 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [HYP] HyperStake | Generous Reward Staking | Advanced Staking Controls & Wallet  (Read 679277 times)
This is a self-moderated topic. If you do not want to be moderated by the person who started this topic, create a new topic.
cycoinminer

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:11:14 PM

So, whilst I’ve been away on holiday for a few days, I’ve been thinking about HyperStake, and how we could build some more services around it.
One which came to mind would be HyperBank.

We all know that HyperStake offers us around 18% interest every 9 days, and looking over the statistics of late, HYP is keeping a pretty reasonably steady price.

What I’m proposing is to open HyperBank, offering owners of BTC the chance to share some of the high interest gains, without any of the risk.
HyperBank would operate a guaranteed return on investment of 2% every 10 days, for BTC deposited in the “bank”. With their investment, the Bank can invest this in HYP, and make a tidy profit from staking.

So, if you were to invest 1BTC in HyperBank today, then in 10 days time, you’d be paid back 1.02 BTC.

I don’t know if any other coins operate anything else like this, or any specific services are out there, so this may be blatantly ripping off other ideas without realising it. However, with the high interest, it certainly offers opportunities which otherwise would not have existed.

It could also open up the “Richlist” hoarders an opportunity to sell to the market, without flooding the market and causing a price crash.

I spoke a little with DavidLatapie earlier today on IRC about it, and he’s with it on principle. But like me, he’s an ideas man, not a technical guru.

So, is there anyone here who can make it happen? I think there’s some great opportunity to be had here, and I’d like to be involved where I can.

Opinions always welcome.
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 01:48:40 PM

So, whilst I’ve been away on holiday for a few days, I’ve been thinking about HyperStake, and how we could build some more services around it.
One which came to mind would be HyperBank.

We all know that HyperStake offers us around 18% interest every 9 days, and looking over the statistics of late, HYP is keeping a pretty reasonably steady price.

What I’m proposing is to open HyperBank, offering owners of BTC the chance to share some of the high interest gains, without any of the risk.
HyperBank would operate a guaranteed return on investment of 2% every 10 days, for BTC deposited in the “bank”. With their investment, the Bank can invest this in HYP, and make a tidy profit from staking.

So, if you were to invest 1BTC in HyperBank today, then in 10 days time, you’d be paid back 1.02 BTC.

I don’t know if any other coins operate anything else like this, or any specific services are out there, so this may be blatantly ripping off other ideas without realising it. However, with the high interest, it certainly offers opportunities which otherwise would not have existed.

It could also open up the “Richlist” hoarders an opportunity to sell to the market, without flooding the market and causing a price crash.

I spoke a little with DavidLatapie earlier today on IRC about it, and he’s with it on principle. But like me, he’s an ideas man, not a technical guru.

So, is there anyone here who can make it happen? I think there’s some great opportunity to be had here, and I’d like to be involved where I can.

Opinions always welcome.

It is an interesting idea, but, IMHO, it should be modeled very carefully prior to implementation. This activity can lead to increased volatility, and we should weigh the pros and cons of it.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
David Latapie

Activity: 658
Merit: 503

Monero Core Team

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 03:54:36 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 04:09:01 PM by David Latapie

Mr. Latapie already gave us some good "tipping" alternatives, like "Get tHYPsy." We could also do things like "HYP It."
"Feeling tHYPsy?" Smiley I like "HYP it" too (different contexts, so, complementary).

A certain amount of the DOGE community wanted it to move to PoS before anyway. Additionally, in the same way that DOGE was the first crypto to a lot of people, I think HYP can be the first crypto AND PoS coin to a lot of people. MINT did really well getting Reddit types to invest in it for the PoS angle. HYP is more "fun" to hold, can operate in large numbers, and better models the value of good content and ideas continually paying dividends.
Would work even better with a stacking bot (well, not sure actually, since you need thousands of HYP to have a decent chance of staking in less than a month - here MINT is actually better than low quantities of HYP, since staking is unconditionnal).

HYPER is a high-ish PoS coin (60% I think per year) trying to be a gaming currency. The main problem with their model imo is that they are doing things like trying to *make* MMORPGs, when in reality, the better thing would be to try to be the gaming and microtransaction currency for *current* web based games. Early on in HYPER, people were talking about it being the Runescape and Japanese web RPG microtransaction crypto of choice. Now, THAT is interesting. I don't think anyone is really trying to attack this angle, and I think HYP could make good inroads into this niche.
High potential, but still too early, I'd say. But definitively worth considering it.

People like to gamble and play games, but it's a shame that when they end up losing, the fun is over. If you play on SealsWithClubs with BTC and lose, that's it. However, a high PoS coin lends itself to creating specific principal "foundations" or "endowments" to fund particular things. Say someone wants to spend $100 a week gaming. Well, they can setup an address in their wallet specifically for this purpose and use "HyperSend" to automatically send a portion of their stake to their gaming site of choice to play with.
Completely agree. For the curious minds: http://hyperstake.wikia.com/wiki/Endowment

Doge started with a meme. Maybe we need to find memes and attach ourselves, and our coins, to them Wink
Hyppy the tardi, a blue cartoon-like tardigrade? Tardi are cute, alienish and incredibly resistant in cryptobiosis mode - tardigrade
Previously, I had thought of another blue alien: the 5th Element's diva
Hyppi the tardi would be cuter.

That gave me the idea of possible having hippos as a mascot Tongue We get fat off our PoS Grin Anything to make HYP fun and viral is the way to go. The fact that the coin can have a serious and fun side lends itself to fulfilling a lot of investment niches while pure meme coins, like DOGE, can only fulfill one.
Mehh. There is such a logo for a famous French restaurant franchise and, well... I'm not convinced for HYP. Plus, Hippos is for HiPoS, not for HYP specifically.

I don’t know if any other coins operate anything else like this, or any specific services are out there, so this may be blatantly ripping off other ideas without realising it.
Mintcoin had the same idea one or two months before, but it was not put into practice.

An interesting spinn-off would be the piggybank idea

In turn, having a themable wallet make it easier to have a theme for children - remember what I said about learning? financial illiteracy is plaguing the modern world. Piggycoin was the first coin to try to address this topic and we believe that HyperStake with HyperSend could help raising awareness on sharing and saving - plus the ease of keeping track of spending thanks to the blockchain technology."
<davidlatapie> Hypiggy? Short, fun, child-friendly

When putting all of this together, this means:
HyperBank, helps to widen adoption and to increase the bounty wallet ("all benefits go to the community wallet", a not-for-profit bank, ^^).
Hypiggy, the child/educational version of HyperStake
Hypi the tardi, the blue cartonnish mascotte

Monero: the first crytocurrency to bring bank secrecy and net neutrality to the blockchain.HyperStake: pushing the limits of staking.
Reputation threadFree bitcoins: reviews, hints…: freebitco.in, freedoge.co.in, qoinpro
Trololoh

Activity: 461

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 05:19:00 PM

When putting all of this together, this means:
HyperBank, helps to widen adoption and to increase the bounty wallet ("all benefits go to the community wallet", a not-for-profit bank, ^^).
Hypiggy, the child/educational version of HyperStake
Hypi the tardi, the blue cartonnish mascotte
Great ideas !
forbesmining

Activity: 297
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 06:35:12 PM

Since the recommended Block Size is 1,600-4,000 HYP, does this mean I should use coin control to gather my received amounts from staking to form blocks of at least 1600 HYP? My stakes received so far range from 279 to 465 coins.

presstab (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 07:25:01 PM

Since the recommended Block Size is 1,600-4,000 HYP, does this mean I should use coin control to gather my received amounts from staking to form blocks of at least 1600 HYP? My stakes received so far range from 279 to 465 coins.

Yes I would do that, just try to do it in a timely manner so you don't lose much age.

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
iantunc

Activity: 433

We are the first to program your future (c)

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 08:30:12 PM

Let's model the idea of HyperBank. It surely will increase visibility, at least at Poloniex. Every time an investor will try to allocate, for example, 5 BTC, a correlated buy order will drive the price and volume up. But after 10 days this investor will wait for his interest given back, e.g. 2%, or 5.1 BTC. At this moment the price will fall back to the mean, and an attempt to sell 5.1 BTC worth of HYP can fill all orders down the floor and even more. It will show up like pump & dump. It's very attractive for traders, but not so appreciated by investors. We need to find an equilibrium to satisfy both.

HyperStake bootstrap server - hyperstrap.ml
HyperStake supply gain prediction graph - hypsupply.ml
waxo

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:05:16 PM

Hyp is made  for Raspberry !
few more days to wait !

Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:08:54 PM
Last edit: October 07, 2014, 09:26:07 PM by Cor2

At this moment staking is relatively easy due to the low diff being only 0.3 so even a 1200 HYP input in my wallet staked successfully after 11 days and generated a 230 HYP reward and now my wallet is sitting idle, waiting for coins to mature again as all mature inputs have already staked.
So, I would recommend certainly not bigger than 4000 as that would give you close to 800 HYP reward by the time it matures, so any bigger
and you run the risk that it maxes out at 1000 before staking or even before maturing.
I am combining any inputs smaller than 1000 so that I mostly stay in the 1000-2500 range, but that is just me.
I actually have one input of 933 HYP that is due to mature in a day, we'll see how long that will take to stake.
One of my blocks of 3000 HYP one evening produced an Orphan (a valid block that was produced at the same moment as another wallet produced another valid block and the network chose to adopt that other block and "orphan" the one from my wallet), so the input continued to stake and produced another block that was adopted the next day, with the associated larger reward due to the higher age of the input.
I am very happy about the HYP rewards and think that a few more people should dump their HYP so that I can buy more, Oh wait - better that the price stays high from other people wanting to buy them also so my balance is more worth.... Hmmm... first a dump and then.... sounds too much like pump and dump to me - I am happy with the progress on HYP and the almost 20% of increase in nr of coins in my wallet, almost all by staking.
Also noticed that someone else was just as crazy as me, buying everything up to 3500 (on Allcoin)...

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Cor2

Activity: 595

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:25:38 PM

Let's model the idea of HyperBank. It surely will increase visibility, at least at Poloniex. Every time an investor will try to allocate, for example, 5 BTC, a correlated buy order will drive the price and volume up. But after 10 days this investor will wait for his interest given back, e.g. 2%, or 5.1 BTC. At this moment the price will fall back to the mean, and an attempt to sell 5.1 BTC worth of HYP can fill all orders down the floor and even more. It will show up like pump & dump. It's very attractive for traders, but not so appreciated by investors. We need to find an equilibrium to satisfy both.
What I see at this moment is that even an order of 0.5 BTC causes a major price move (on Allcoin) although Polo has a bit more traffic but won't be able to sustain multiple-BTC orders without large price swings either.
What I feel is that such a bank should be similar to a savings account - you can deposit and start earning but not pull out unlimited at any time, so the bank has time to prepare for your withdrawal and does not need to emergency-sell positions.
Alternative would be that the bank is not transferring every incoming BTC to HYP and back, but there is a buffer, an investor group if you will
that has holds the HYP and gets funded from the BTC in the bank but they buffer the BTC, so the amount of HYP stays the same even though the amount of BTC fluctuates.
It would even be viable to keep half the BTC untouched as buffer while the other half gets converted to HYP as the market can absorb the changes, so that immediately withdrawal of BTC is possible up to half the total balance at any point, any more and the HYP first needs to get whittled down without crashing the market. Likewise with investment in BTC: the amount of HYP can slowly grow to half the amount of the extra BTC deposited. That means of the 18% staking rewards, virtually half is used, the other half is sitting unused in BTC buffer. But it could be an attractive bank anyway.
I am occasionally borrowing some BTC to an investor that makes 10% but can't buy BTC fast enough, so he gives me 5% to borrow my BTC for up to a week. That is a very attractive deal and very similar to this banking idea.

SYNC: Sd3XBRmhrrr39Wj4rtjb3YAkwWvCze44BZ                    ORB: odyWi677JDQy7Gc6Nv6kCdnajmScqgTkDE       Honest pools (payout matching calculation):
TransferWise: International money transfer for 1%fee        Doge to the moon! D9FGY7Bhwbj2jrnk7v8VR47HTu7vfVu1gV         Nut2pools and Steadymining
Real_Unhooked

Activity: 838

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:29:00 PM

What I see at this moment is that even an order of 0.5 BTC causes a major price move (on Allcoin) although Polo has a bit more traffic but won't be able to sustain multiple-BTC orders without large price swings either.
What I feel is that such a bank should be similar to a savings account - you can deposit and start earning but not pull out unlimited at any time, so the bank has time to prepare for your withdrawal and does not need to emergency-sell positions.
Alternative would be that the bank is not transferring every incoming BTC to HYP and back, but there is a buffer, an investor group if you will
that has holds the HYP and gets funded from the BTC in the bank but they buffer the BTC, so the amount of HYP stays the same even though the amount of BTC fluctuates.
It would even be viable to keep half the BTC untouched as buffer while the other half gets converted to HYP as the market can absorb the changes, so that immediately withdrawal of BTC is possible up to half the total balance at any point, any more and the HYP first needs to get whittled down without crashing the market. Likewise with investment in BTC: the amount of HYP can slowly grow to half the amount of the extra BTC deposited. That means of the 18% staking rewards, virtually half is used, the other half is sitting unused in BTC buffer. But it could be an attractive bank anyway.
I am occasionally borrowing some BTC to an investor that makes 10% but can't buy BTC fast enough, so he gives me 5% to borrow my BTC for up to a week. That is a very attractive deal and very similar to this banking idea.

Very very interesting idea. I would love to see this come to fruition. HYP would then truly be a Hedge fund like coin.

▀██▄ ▄██▀
            ▐█████▌
           ▄███▀███▄
         ▄████▄  ▀███▄
       ▄███▀ ▀██▄  ▀███▄
     ▄███▀  ▄█████▄  ▀███▄
   ▄███▀  ▄███▀ ▀███▄  ▀███▄
  ███▀  ▄████▌   ▐████▄  ▀███
 ███   ██▀  ██▄ ▄██  ▀██   ███
███   ███  ███   ███  ███   ███
███   ███   ███████   ███   ███
 ███   ███▄▄       ▄▄███   ███
  ███▄   ▀▀█████████▀▀   ▄███
   ▀████▄▄           ▄▄████▀
      ▀▀███████████████▀▀
DeepOnion      ▄▄██████████▄▄
    ▄███▀▀      ▀▀█▀   ▄▄
   ███▀              ▄███
  ███              ▄███▀   ▄▄
 ███▌  ▄▄▄▄      ▄███▀   ▄███
▐███  ██████   ▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███  ███▄███▀   ▄███▀
███▌ ███   ████▀   ▄███▀
███▌  ███   █▀   ▄███▀  ███
▐███   ███     ▄███▀   ███
 ███▌   ███  ▄███▀     ███
  ███    ██████▀      ███
   ███▄             ▄███
    ▀███▄▄       ▄▄███▀
      ▀▀███████████▀▀
.....DeepVault.....
....Blockchain File Signatures....
...deeponion.org...
akula999

Activity: 509

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:40:18 PM

So here's my latest.. Still waiting to stake Smiley

http://imgur.com/f1LAyez

Bitcoin: 1FzZehkiwfeeUmfmBrym8VvXX7gUj3miHe
XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:51:13 PM

So here's my latest.. Still waiting to stake Smiley

http://imgur.com/f1LAyez

Patience is part of the game  Wink

Projects I Contribute To: libzerocoin | Veil | PIVX | HyperStake | Crown | SaluS
akula999

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 09:54:12 PM

That's some patience!  Shocked

XMR: 4AqrzGPfEKeZrVXyPDNXUrNeKZZGNYiXMDoY49PvdffKNTRg6xp2Qz74SZ72gT5F9HH8Vaic99ndRg6 UBGcVijaNStQjwwf
Mig-23
Legendary

Activity: 1176

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:01:24 PM

fuck,..I begin liking this coin.
and regret why not buy when the price 700 satoshi
presstab (OP)
Legendary

Blockchain Developer

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:03:22 PM

That's some patience!  Shocked

We are lucky that diff is low right now though, so these have much higher chance of staking.

waxo

Activity: 630

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:13:02 PM

HYP-POKER is on the place !!!!!

Come and play poker on IRC , ##hyp-poker

Sir William

Activity: 128
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:48:43 PM

Akula999, you'll notice some of mine are much longer.  No worries.  Because it's part random, this is normal.  If you combine them into larger blocks, they can stake faster.  If it's overdue, it'll just pay a bigger stake when it finally does go.  As I like to say, we have to hurry up and wait.   Grin  Peace...

akula999

View Profile
October 07, 2014, 10:59:18 PM

Akula999, you'll notice some of mine are much longer.  No worries.  Because it's part random, this is normal.  If you combine them into larger blocks, they can stake faster.  If it's overdue, it'll just pay a bigger stake when it finally does go.  As I like to say, we have to hurry up and wait.   Grin  Peace...

Very true - old russian saying - Tepпeниe и тpyд вce пepeтpyт -- means patience and work will reward (loosely translated, sounds better in russian) Smiley

Normandoyle

Activity: 154
Merit: 100

meow

View Profile WWW
October 07, 2014, 11:00:50 PM

Loving the big things happening here!

I think we should open up a restaurant called HyperSteak.

You can buy HyperSteaks with HyperStake Wink
Pages: « 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 [94] 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 ... 386 »
  Print  

Jump to: