Bitcoin Forum
March 19, 2024, 07:35:44 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Poll
Question: Will you support Gavin's new block size limit hard fork of 8MB by January 1, 2016 then doubling every 2 years?
1.  yes
2.  no

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 1557 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Gold collapsing. Bitcoin UP.  (Read 2032123 times)
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1764
Merit: 1002

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:03:55 PM

oh so close.

the VIX had the temerity to spike all the way down to 13.66 which we haven't seen since 6/20/07.  amazing.

i think next week will has the potential to tell the story of the US economy for the next 4 years.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"The nature of Bitcoin is such that once version 0.1 was released, the core design was set in stone for the rest of its lifetime." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
silverbox
Legendary

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:08:55 PM

Gold nice and steady at 1660!!  Not gonna go down much from here.
tvbcof
Legendary

Activity: 4564
Merit: 1276

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:09:12 PM

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but something as evil as the US government killing its own people for profit is just not probable.
What is not probable is a steel tower exploding into dust without explosives.
And the US government is killing its own people for profit every day. Just look around.

If presented with a choice of either having a few Kilopeople die in a quick 'new Pearl Harbor' type event, or having millions of people die over the next few decades as a result of not being able to consume 25% of the worlds production due to loss of control over certain geographical areas and geopolitical structures, it is by no means clear to me that 'doing' 9/11 was a poor decision.  At least in terms of situation management with the well being of the US as a priority.

The evidence that 9/11 was a false flag is, to me, completely overwhelming.  Setting aside moral and ethical consideration of the event and the events which followed (which are, to me, quite appalling), I am not really prepared to cast judgement on the appropriateness of the strategy and probably will not be for several decades.  It depends a bit on how the next step, obtaining control over Iran's oil, plays out.

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:14:23 PM

Don't get my dog all riled up..
cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:21:21 PM

i REALLY don't like this.  see the high volume spike today on a down day which to me indicates distribution.  coupled with the VIX move above.  the $DXY was actually down -0.5% today which should've sparked a much bigger rally in the Dow but didn't.  

AAPL finished marginally down.

even more interesting is my double levered VIX play VXZ was UP 1.01% which over the last month has been a leading indicator.  UST's look to me to be bottoming and if they start rising along with the USD would be indicative of deflation returning.

as silverbox said, gold and silver made an impressive recovery from the early morning when gold was down about $12 before rallying.  i remain unconvinced.

today was triple witching as well which will finish up some trades.  next week should be real exciting.

waveaddict

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:26:50 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2012, 04:06:33 AM by waveaddict

I love a good conspiracy theory as much as the next guy but something as evil as the US government killing its own people for profit is just not probable.
And the US government is killing its own people for profit every day. Just look around.

If presented with a choice of either having a few Kilopeople die in a quick 'new Pearl Harbor' type event, or having millions of people die over the next few decades as a result of not being able to consume 25% of the worlds production due to loss of control over certain geographical areas and geopolitical structures, it is by no means clear to me that 'doing' 9/11 was a poor decision.  At least in terms of situation management with the well being of the US as a priority.

The evidence that 9/11 was a false flag is, to me, completely overwhelming.  Setting aside moral and ethical consideration of the event and the events which followed (which are, to me, quite appalling), I am not really prepared to cast judgement on the appropriateness of the strategy and probably will not be for several decades.  It depends a bit on how the next step, obtaining control over Iran's oil, plays out.

the way that I view the 9/11 event is that it was a stroke of 'pure luck' for the neoconservative movement because then they could now justify a war in the middle east to shore up the remaining oil reserves. Now, maybe there were 'some' in high ranking areas of government that turned a blind eye to what some would call overwhelming evidence, that bin laden was going to strike the towers, because they wanted a war. Whatever the case, the sheer magnitude of the conspiracy theory formulated by many 9/11 truthers is just plain garbage. The US government is god awful, I'll admit that, but it would never opt to kill its own 'civilians' in this manner.

Just think about it. If the US really wanted to start a war, all it had to do was send a ship into Persian Gulf, blow it up, and then blame it on Iraq. That would have been enough for the government to justify the war to the public since Americans seem to love a good war every now and then  Wink

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:36:06 PM

I used to follow my dog around to get all the gold bars... But they get heavy after awhile..  and how many do you really need...

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 08:51:11 PM

The evidence that 9/11 was a false flag is, to me, completely overwhelming. ...

the way that view the 9/11 event is that it was a stroke of 'pure luck' for the neoconservative movement because then they could now justify a war in the middle east to shore up the remaining oil reserves. Now, maybe there were 'some' in high ranking areas of government that turned a blind eye to what was some would call overwhelming evidence, that bin laden was going to strike the towers, because they wanted a war. Whatever the case, the sheer magnitude of the conspiracy theory formulated by many 9/11 truthers is just plain garbage. The US government is god awful, I'll admit that, but it would never opt to kill its own 'civilians' in this manner.

Almost every 'normal' person (in America) thinks exactly like you.  It's just inconceivable and thus it just plain didn't happen.  Period.  Germans, for instance, have less difficulty with  the concept of elements within the US doing 9/11 to achieve certain goals, but I doubt that they could be convinced that an event like that in Germany could have anything to do with Germans.  This is human nature.  Your 'way to view the 9/11 event' is completely anticipated and normal.  Mine is abnormal.

There are a lot of whacked out theories about nukes taking down the towers, laser beams from space, Muslims in caves, God hating queers, etc, etc.  There is also a _lot_ of solid analysis and scientific investigation.  Almost without exception, the latter points me toward the conclusion that 9/11 was a false-flag.

Just think about it. If the US really wanted to start a war, all it had to do was send a ship into Persian Gulf, blow it up, and then blame it on Iraq. That would have been enough for the government to justify the war to the public since Americans seem to love a good war every now and then  Wink

We (the US) needed an event that would terrify the entire population for a long period of time.  Some boat snooping around in foreign waters and going boom was not sufficient for the purpose.  Even 9/11 was barely sufficient.  By the time we got around to marching into Iraq, public sentiment was already about 50/50 in terms of support (and our media had most people believing the Saddam ordered 9/11 himself!)

sig spam anywhere and self-moderated threads on the pol&soc board are for losers.
silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 16, 2012, 09:05:19 PM

My dog went here:

and learned how to build this!!

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:27:01 AM

My dog then made some of this..

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:38:52 AM

The average income in the US is about $40000/year, a person can survive on $1000/year - millions of Americans aren't going to die if they have to drive smaller cars, none have to die.

The US's wealth was entirely the result of capital accumalation, production and innovation... mostly from a time when its laws and culture favored these things.  It's ability to wage war are the result of it's wealth... not the source of it's wealth, and it has engaged in alot of pointless wars (Grenada??).  There is no geopolitics that is making the US any money.  America got rich on isolationism.

The notion that the US is in the middle east for the oil and that this is profitable doesn't hold up - the US consumer would still have to pay for oil, the producer still has to fund extracting the oil.  The rulers of these countries have to sell oil to someone and if they're going to play 'geopolitics' and not sell to the highest bidder, then some other country will... the US doesn't even get most of it's oil from the middle east (it's Canada actually - how much more secure can you get, and 3rd is Mexico... 4th is Venezuela and Chavez hates America).

I think that fossil fuel is of equal or lesser importance to the ability to transport energy, and both are largely secondary in importance to money.  India and China have populations which are to large to support with energy-poor agricultural methods at this point, and the situation shows now sign of letting up.  If they were deprived of fossil fuel energy sources, their populations would starve and revolt.  And as long as we in the US have the ability to provoke this outcome, we have tremendous leverage.  Our compliant bitches (Europe, Austrailia, Canada) can tag along if they cough up some resources and manpower when told to.

Controlling the fossil fuel resources of the Middle East creates a situation where we can run enormous trade deficits as long as the situation persists.  I personally can write as many checks as I like as long as I am sure that they will not be cashed, and so can the US.  So, unlike a lot of people, I am of the opinion that deficits do not matter and the logical strategy is to make hay while the sun shines.  Exactly as we are doing.

We are looking at population growth rates which makes starvation (and/or war) inevitable within the foreseeable future.  If we can maintain our position, we might be able to keep our people from starving and steer the high casualty producing conflicts to take place among starving peoples (who will be to weak to even dream of taking us on.)  Maybe we can perpetuate and control the conflicts with just drone strikes from within the safety of our own territory.

Something I don't think alot of people know: the US has the largest coal reserves in the world (and is near the top of natual gas), it is the Saudi Arabia of coal and the Iraq of natural gas.  You have energy security if push comes to shove.  A country can't do to the US what the US did to Japan in WW2 - cut off its supply of raw materials to prevent it from waging war (which was the reason for Pearl Harbor).

The other potential reason to be in the middle east is Israel... except Israel is armed to the teeth and fought and won wars against almost all the Arab countries combined.  It's possible it could all be about Iran aquiring nukes, but if North Korea and Pakistan have nukes then you're closing the gates after the horses have escaped.

It makes me sad that the US is fighting wars and killing people for no rational reason what so ever.

That said, 911 may or may not have been an inside job... that 3rd building certainly looked suspicious.  Precedents: Gulf of Tonkin (totally fake reason for Vietnam war), Gleiwitz incident (Nazis pretending to be Polish attacking German targets), the Manchurian Incident (Japanese false flag excuse to attack China during WW2)...

Makes me sad as well.  I just don't buy that there is 'no reason', and I think that most people take a much to simplistic view of geopolitics and of money.

And speaking of false flags, I would add that there seems to be decent evidence that Pearl Harbor, while obviously not a 'self-inflicted wound', was

- a delight to much of our leadership as a way to get into WW-II
 - provoked to a large extent by cutting off Japan's energy and steel
 - got rid of a bunch of useless battleships which were only really good for sucking down fuel oil and manpower post WW-I
 - ended up not harming our carrier fleet which was key in the war which followed.

It is really difficult to get a very weak country to commit suicide by attacking a much stronger one Poland->Germany, Iraq->US, Spain->US, Vietnam->US.  Almost without exception in modern times, wars start either via a false flag or significant mis-calculation (Japan/US, German/USSR.)

silverbox
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 12:44:29 AM

I think that fossil fuel is of equal or lesser importance to the ability to transport energy, and both are largely secondary in importance to money.  India and China have populations which are to large to support with energy-poor agricultural methods at this point, and the situation shows no sign of letting up.  If they were deprived of fossil fuel energy sources, their populations would starve and revolt.  And as long as we in the US have the ability to provoke this outcome, we have tremendous leverage.  Our compliant bitches (Europe, Austrailia, Canada) can tag along if they cough up some resources and manpower when told to.

Controlling the fossil fuel resources of the Middle East creates a situation where we can run enormous trade deficits as long as the situation persists.  I personally can write as many checks as I like as long as I am sure that they will not be cashed, and so can the US.  So, unlike a lot of people, I am of the opinion that deficits do not matter and the logical strategy is to make hay while the sun shines.  Exactly as we are doing.

We are looking at population growth rates which makes starvation (and/or war) inevitable within the foreseeable future.  If we can maintain our position, we might be able to keep our people from starving and steer the high casualty producing conflicts to take place among starving peoples (who will be to weak to even dream of taking us on.)  Maybe we can perpetuate and control the conflicts with just drone strikes from within the safety of our own territory.

Shhhh, don't be telling it like it is, someone might actually notice.. 
tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 01:47:13 AM

Shhhh, don't be telling it like it is, someone might actually notice.. 

On bitcointalk.org?  Pfffft.

tvbcof
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 02:08:54 AM

The other potential reason to be in the middle east is Israel... except Israel is armed to the teeth and fought and won wars against almost all the Arab countries combined.  It's possible it could all be about Iran aquiring nukes, but if North Korea and Pakistan have nukes then you're closing the gates after the horses have escaped.

Now that I am home from work I can speak my mind Smiley

I tend to feel that Israel is mostly just our tool to get something going with Iran.  There are plenty of useful Likudnik idiots in that country who yearn for a 'Greater Israel' and all that jazz, and plenty here who can be used installed in government positions to help the military-industrial complex get more rich, but at the end of the day, they are just tools.  The handy thing about Israelies is that they seem to have no compunction about testing out our experimental weapons on civilians.

It would be highly risky for a country in Israel's geographical and political position to start a war and as the most recent Lebanon adventure shows they don't have the military they once did, but they owe us and if (or when) we say 'go', they'll be saying 'yes sir!'.  Then, of course, we'll have to 'come to the rescue'.  Seems like some of the more clever folks in Israel (namely a string of former Mossad chiefs) are starting to catch on, but it's probably to late though.

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 02:43:00 PM

i REALLY don't like this.  see the high volume spike today on a down day which to me indicates distribution.  coupled with the VIX move above.  the $DXY was actually down -0.5% today which should've sparked a much bigger rally in the Dow but didn't.  

AAPL finished marginally down.

even more interesting is my double levered VIX play VXZ was UP 1.01% which over the last month has been a leading indicator.  UST's look to me to be bottoming and if they start rising along with the USD would be indicative of deflation returning.

as silverbox said, gold and silver made an impressive recovery from the early morning when gold was down about $12 before rallying.  i remain unconvinced.

today was triple witching as well which will finish up some trades.  next week should be real exciting.

Yes, next week will be very exciting.

i.e. see the SKEW spike: http://chart.ly/6u9kllw

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 04:05:30 PM

oh so close.

the VIX had the temerity to spike all the way down to 13.66 which we haven't seen since 6/20/07.  amazing.

i think next week will has the potential to tell the story of the US economy for the next 4 years.

i knew something was bugging me about that 6/20/07 date.

if anyone here is into eerie historical parallels, check this out:

Bear Stearns Fund Collapse

can you believe the VIX spike down to 13.66 yesterday was last seen on 6/20/07?  the historical parallel i see is drawn to the Greek CDS trigger that occurred last Friday but hasn't yet affected the stock market.

could Greece be the new Bear Stearns that triggered the 2007-09 crisis?  i think so.

waveaddict

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 04:36:15 PM

oh so close.

can you believe the VIX spike down to 13.66 yesterday was last seen on 6/20/07?  the historical parallel i see is drawn to the Greek CDS trigger that occurred last Friday but hasn't yet affected the stock market.

could Greece be the new Bear Stearns that triggered the 2007-09 crisis?  i think so.

It's funny how most pundits see the VIX this low as a good thing for the stock market, and yet, every time the VIX has gotten this low for the past couple of years, another supposed crisis emerges. Let's just hope this pattern continues since I doubled down on my market short yesterday  Wink

S3052
Legendary

Activity: 2100
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 04:51:02 PM

oh so close.

It's funny how most pundits see the VIX this low as a good thing for the stock market, and yet, every time the VIX has gotten this low for the past couple of years, another supposed crisis emerges. Let's just hope this pattern continues since I doubled down on my market short yesterday  Wink

We have something in common. I started a big short yesterday, too. NDX and SPX

waveaddict

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 05:24:05 PM

oh so close.

can you believe the VIX spike down to 13.66 yesterday was last seen on 6/20/07?  the historical parallel i see is drawn to the Greek CDS trigger that occurred last Friday but hasn't yet affected the stock market.

could Greece be the new Bear Stearns that triggered the 2007-09 crisis?  i think so.

It's funny how most pundits see the VIX this low as a good thing for the stock market, and yet, every time the VIX has gotten this low for the past couple of years, another supposed crisis emerges. Let's just hope this pattern continues since I doubled down on my market short yesterday  Wink

We have something in common. I started a big short yesterday, too. NDX and SPX

In all honesty, we probably have the 'exact' same view regarding equities, precious metals, bonds, currencies...and pretty much the same view on the longer term outlook for bitcoin  Smiley

Let's just say that you were 'lucky' to not have had any serious competition up until now since there are a plethora of other able and knowledgeable traders from other markets that just don't know about bitcoin yet. If bitcoin goes anywhere, you better be prepared to step up on your service because I am not going to be the only trader to encroach on your bitcoin charting business niche, and, when that happens, your whole gimmick about being the 1st bitcoin analysis will mean little since content and accuracy will mean everything.

By the way, you should probably take down the phrase: "We do an in-depth analysis of bitcoin prices that no one else offers in the bitcoin sphere" within your subscription page, because that is no longer true.

I wish you the best of luck with your business. Remember, competition is a good thing Smiley

-waveaddict

cypherdoc (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 17, 2012, 05:34:26 PM
Last edit: March 17, 2012, 05:53:49 PM by cypherdoc

from the article:

"A sale would give banks, brokerages and investors the one thing they want to avoid: a real price on the bonds in the fund that could serve as a benchmark."

substitute CDO with sovereign bond. basically, its one and the same crap that the IB's have dumped onto the gov'ts balance sheet.

next up:  Spain

waveaddict and S3052:  basically your guys wave analysis techniques are merging with my cycle techniques to come to the same conclusion Grin.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 1557 »
  Print  

Jump to: